Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby duo_maxwell_1017 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Motto: "Just remember, there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Well Im considering getting a 3rd party Devy now I need to decide which one I should get. I kinda like the Hercules but the Giant looks just as awesome. So I need some opinions which is the best and which has the best add ones to make him look like a G1 Devy.

Please dont use this topic to argue with each other!! I just want to know which is the best and why. And where is the best/ cheapest place to get it :???:
I prefer quality over quantity, I have the unique collection of Optimus Primes/Convoys!
Image
User avatar
duo_maxwell_1017
Minibot
Posts: 110
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm
Buy from duo_maxwell_1017 on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:43 pm

You should just search this forum for the existing threads posted on this topic. There's been countless comments/opinions shared on the pros and cons of each. Ultimately you're going to come to the conclusion that what you buy will come down to price, available display space, and design/style preference. Either are great choices as Devastator yet neither is perfect.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3062
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby duo_maxwell_1017 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Motto: "Just remember, there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
DevastaTTor wrote:You should just search this forum for the existing threads posted on this topic. There's been countless comments/opinions shared on the pros and cons of each. Ultimately you're going to come to the conclusion that what you buy will come down to price, available display space, and design/style preference. Either are great choices as Devastator yet neither is perfect.


Thanks for your opinions, but if I do decide on one its gonna be hard to open them to display them. Generally I dont open Transformers I buy, I keep them sealed in the box. I got 264 Transformers and I have 176 of them still factory sealed.
I prefer quality over quantity, I have the unique collection of Optimus Primes/Convoys!
Image
User avatar
duo_maxwell_1017
Minibot
Posts: 110
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm
Buy from duo_maxwell_1017 on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:51 pm

duo_maxwell_1017 wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:You should just search this forum for the existing threads posted on this topic. There's been countless comments/opinions shared on the pros and cons of each. Ultimately you're going to come to the conclusion that what you buy will come down to price, available display space, and design/style preference. Either are great choices as Devastator yet neither is perfect.


Thanks for your opinions, but if I do decide on one its gonna be hard to open them to display them. Generally I dont open Transformers I buy, I keep them sealed in the box. I got 264 Transformers and I have 176 of them still factory sealed.

If that's the case, just pick the one you think has a better box.

Otherwise, here's a past thread for your viewing pleasure:

tfc-herc-or-make-toys-green-giant-t90362.php
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3062
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby RodimalToyota » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Giant has a G1 style box, and look spectacular on display.


But I don't see what the point is of even asking, the differences are all play value, choose the box art you want and buy.

That's like asking whether you should buy a Granny Apple, or a Red Apple that you're not going to eat.
Check out my Blog for cool info on Japanese on goings! (still under Constructicon control )
http://theiaconlifestyle.blogspot.com/

LOOKING FOR my Grail.

******MIB or MISB G1 Countdown******
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 752
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby Rated X » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:09 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Hercules is superior. The individual robot modes are far more cartoon accurate while the Giant robot modes are extremly Hasbro-ish. (crane arms, wings, yellow heads, etc) And with the wide variety of add on parts available from different sources, you can make Devy even more cartoon accurate or customize him to your tastes. All that seems to be offered for Giant is a better head. Hercules costs around $500 in most places and often includes the rage addon kit. Thats about $150 less than I paid. Giant will run you around $350. All I can say is you pay more, so you get more from Hercules.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5616
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby duo_maxwell_1017 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Motto: "Just remember, there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
RodimalToyota wrote:Giant has a G1 style box, and look spectacular on display.


But I don't see what the point is of even asking, the differences are all play value, choose the box art you want and buy.

That's like asking whether you should buy a Granny Apple, or a Red Apple that you're not going to eat.


Well I'm not totally against opening them, I may just get them and not open them immediately but eventually I could open them and display them. I am currently getting the Project Uranos bots but Im not opening them now, but I may open and display them at a later date.
I prefer quality over quantity, I have the unique collection of Optimus Primes/Convoys!
Image
User avatar
duo_maxwell_1017
Minibot
Posts: 110
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm
Buy from duo_maxwell_1017 on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby daimchoc » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:52 pm

The problem with doing MISB is that you won't know if there's a defect. At least keep them MIB.
daimchoc
Gestalt
Posts: 2577
News Credits: 113
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby duo_maxwell_1017 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Motto: "Just remember, there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
And another question would be if I did decide to go with the Make Toys Giant, what color should i go with. I know the green one is for G1 and the yellow giant is a G2 reference right??
I prefer quality over quantity, I have the unique collection of Optimus Primes/Convoys!
Image
User avatar
duo_maxwell_1017
Minibot
Posts: 110
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm
Buy from duo_maxwell_1017 on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby RodimalToyota » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:32 pm

duo_maxwell_1017 wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Giant has a G1 style box, and look spectacular on display.


But I don't see what the point is of even asking, the differences are all play value, choose the box art you want and buy.

That's like asking whether you should buy a Granny Apple, or a Red Apple that you're not going to eat.


Well I'm not totally against opening them, I may just get them and not open them immediately but eventually I could open them and display them. I am currently getting the Project Uranos bots but Im not opening them now, but I may open and display them at a later date.



Here's my run down after owning both
Non-biased, I enjoyed both.

Winners for each category


Gestalt appearance = Giant
Individual Robot modes = Hercules
Individual Vehicle mode = Giant
Quality feel = Tie
Box Art = Giant
Articulation = Hercules
Colors = Giant
Upgrades = Hercules
Scale = Hercules
Ease of Transformation = Hercules
Durability = Hercules( I'd be afraid if Giant fell in Gestalt )

just trying to help.
Check out my Blog for cool info on Japanese on goings! (still under Constructicon control )
http://theiaconlifestyle.blogspot.com/

LOOKING FOR my Grail.

******MIB or MISB G1 Countdown******
User avatar
RodimalToyota
Pretender
Posts: 752
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:57 pm

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby xyl360 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

I say you get the green one, but if you want a yellow one, definitely go with Giant and if you want a white one, definitely go with Hercules :P.

Seriously, it's really a matter of taste, scale and cost. Giant costs less, they both look quite different and they scale very differently in all modes.

If you want something to scale evenly with the FP Bruticus, go with Giant. If you want something bigger/bulkier looking, go with Hercules.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2912
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby Ginrai Minor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Motto: "All will cease to function in time, peace will then exist."
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Giants fun!!!!!!!......hands down. if you like to play with your bots and not let them just be glorified expensive plastic statues that would be my opinion(nothing wrong with just displaying though, there dashing and it's always a conversation starter for most people that see them for some reason)

tfc combiners(so far) "seem" like they would have weight/stability issues from the sheer size.
I get blazed and just have a field day with giant though, I really don't think that would have been the case if I went the TFC route on my Devy.

but remember! it's what's going to suit you the best, I look for fun and value...what do you look for?
User avatar
Ginrai Minor
Micromaster
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:17 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky
Watch Ginrai Minor on YouTube
Buy from Ginrai Minor on eBay
Strength: N/A
Speed: N/A

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby Gurgintius Maximus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm

I own Hercules and love it. That said, unless you want the bigger one Giant might be what you want. Hercules really needs the rage set add on to look his best. Without it his shoulders look odd. I have only seen pics of Giant but he looks just fine in my opinion.
User avatar
Gurgintius Maximus
Fuzor
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby Arctorro » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Ginrai Minor wrote:tfc combiners(so far) "seem" like they would have weight/stability issues from the sheer size.
I get blazed and just have a field day with giant though, I really don't think that would have been the case if I went the TFC route on my Devy.

Herc has no stability issues what so ever, and he is a heap of fun to transform and play with in all modes.
OhCrap.jpg


GiveMeSkyfire wrote:Hercules really needs the rage set add on to look his best. Without it his shoulders look odd.

I've never understood why people think his shoulders look odd to be honest. I'm the opposite, I think he looks weird with the rage upgrade :D
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby Henry921 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I only own Giant, so my suggestion is a bit biased in that regard. I keep him boxed about 90% of the time, and really like the setup he came in for the giftset. It's a great display piece but a bit less fun to play with, and while I like the scale better than Herc, I was more motivated by price than anything else.
User avatar
Henry921
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby Ginrai Minor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Motto: "All will cease to function in time, peace will then exist."
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Glad to hear herc is fun..... :-? might need to get the SG version, was worried he was limb heavy...but any who I love giant and I know you'll love either set up to be honest!
User avatar
Ginrai Minor
Micromaster
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:17 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky
Watch Ginrai Minor on YouTube
Buy from Ginrai Minor on eBay
Strength: N/A
Speed: N/A

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby Arctorro » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:55 am

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Ginrai Minor wrote:Glad to hear herc is fun..... :-? might need to get the SG version, was worried he was limb heavy...but any who I love giant and I know you'll love either set up to be honest!

If you can look at the Devy you have and smile, then you have made the right choice ;)
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby Ginrai Minor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 am

Motto: "All will cease to function in time, peace will then exist."
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Arctorro wrote:
Ginrai Minor wrote:Glad to hear herc is fun..... :-? might need to get the SG version, was worried he was limb heavy...but any who I love giant and I know you'll love either set up to be honest!

If you can look at the Devy you have and smile, then you have made the right choice ;)


Amen! :BOWDOWN:
User avatar
Ginrai Minor
Micromaster
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:17 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky
Watch Ginrai Minor on YouTube
Buy from Ginrai Minor on eBay
Strength: N/A
Speed: N/A

Re: Which one should I get TFC Hercules or Maketoys Giant

Postby duo_maxwell_1017 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 am

Motto: "Just remember, there's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Hey thanks everyone for your opinions. I ended up pre ordering Green Giant from BBTS should be released sometime this month. Hey maybe eventually Ill get Hercules too, but I have way to many pre orders coming out in the next 5 months. Were talking about over $1900.00 in pre orders not including Green Giant!!
I prefer quality over quantity, I have the unique collection of Optimus Primes/Convoys!
Image
User avatar
duo_maxwell_1017
Minibot
Posts: 110
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm
Buy from duo_maxwell_1017 on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8


Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014