Who dropped the ball?

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Who dropped the ball?

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:25 am

I have a UK PSN account so if I want to use downloads I need the UK game. Since my nearest game store is several thousand miles away, I was relying on downloading Fall of Cybertron this weekend and it isn't on there. WTF!!!! The DLC for the game is on the UK store but not the game? High Moon or Sony, whoever, you made me sad. I had cleared my weekend to play this and now I can't.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1463
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby Shadowman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:09 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Most major releases aren't made available for download on PSN. It's no one's fault. You just got your hopes up for something you should have known wouldn't be there.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29956
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:37 am

The game is supposed to be on the PSN. It says so on the game web page and is available on the US PSN. I would download it there but I don't have a US address.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1463
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby Shadowman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:41 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Trikeboy wrote:The game is supposed to be on the PSN. It says so on the game web page and is available on the US PSN. I would download it there but I don't have a US address.


Huh, so it is. That's not a common occurrence. What is a common occurrence, though, is Europe getting the shaft in regards to the game industry. Again, something you probably should have expected.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29956
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby Trikeboy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Its up now and I'm downloading it but my Saturday is over. One less day to play it before the next working week :(
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1463
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby craggy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:52 am

I'll suggest it was Sony who messed up, since it was on the XBoxLive downloads on Friday, and I'd assume the distributors would have made it available to both parties at the same time...probably contractually obliged to have done so, in fact.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4787
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:07 pm

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby Absolute Zero » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
It's release date for EU was later than the release date for the US. It should be out in Europe this Tuesday.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer
SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5150
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby Trikeboy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:26 am

Absolute Zero wrote:It's release date for EU was later than the release date for the US. It should be out in Europe this Tuesday.


Wrong, the game was released in the US on Wednesday and in the UK on Friday. My post was on the Saturday after. The game was released on the Friday and available on the PSN late Saturday, early Sunday. UK games generally get released on a Friday.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1463
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby a Cobra Viper » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Trikeboy wrote:Wrong, the game was released in the US on Wednesday and in the UK on Friday. My post was on the Saturday after. The game was released on the Friday and available on the PSN late Saturday, early Sunday. UK games generally get released on a Friday.


Wrong, the game was released on Tuesday. Sorry, I couldn't resist. You could have just made up a fake US address. That's what a lot of people do to get regional deals. I've never done it, but I don't think they have any problems playing stuff like that.
a Cobra Viper
Micromaster
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby Trikeboy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:25 pm

a Cobra Viper wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Wrong, the game was released in the US on Wednesday and in the UK on Friday. My post was on the Saturday after. The game was released on the Friday and available on the PSN late Saturday, early Sunday. UK games generally get released on a Friday.


Wrong, the game was released on Tuesday. Sorry, I couldn't resist. You could have just made up a fake US address. That's what a lot of people do to get regional deals. I've never done it, but I don't think they have any problems playing stuff like that.


Oops, sorry, for me it was released on Wednesday since I'm in Korea.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1463
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Who dropped the ball?

Postby Absolute Zero » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Trikeboy wrote:
a Cobra Viper wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:Wrong, the game was released in the US on Wednesday and in the UK on Friday. My post was on the Saturday after. The game was released on the Friday and available on the PSN late Saturday, early Sunday. UK games generally get released on a Friday.


Wrong, the game was released on Tuesday. Sorry, I couldn't resist. You could have just made up a fake US address. That's what a lot of people do to get regional deals. I've never done it, but I don't think they have any problems playing stuff like that.


Oops, sorry, for me it was released on Wednesday since I'm in Korea.


Ah, well, I thought the date for the game's release in EU said the 28th, not the 24th, but I didn't really care. I'm an 'merican, and all we care about is 'merican stuff.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer
SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5150
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS PRIME FIRST EDITION DARK GUARD OPTIMUS PRIME VOYAGER LIMITED BLACK - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 43 minutes 25 seconds
TRANSFORMERS WINDCHARGER ALTERNATORS 100% COMPLETE HONDA S2000 - Time Remaining: 8 days 11 hours 55 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen (B5607) NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 12 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers TAKARA MP-24 Masterpiece Star Saber Action Figure - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 51 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime by Takara Used JC - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 7 minutes 32 seconds
Takara Transformers PRime Armada Micro Legend Ironhide Deolisher V Gundam Coll - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 27 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers G1 (empty) BOX/BUBBLE Scramble City Ultra Magnus C-69 takara - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 36 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Drift & Jetstorm - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 15 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive
Twincast / Podcast #149:
"Titans Arrive"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 10th, 2016