Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Who else brought the Salmonella Peanut Butter??

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Who else brought the Salmonella Peanut Butter??

Postby ChrisR291 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:03 am

I woke up this morning and felt like eating some Peanut Butter and Jelly for Breakfest. My roommate is up as well and asks me what i'm doing for breakfest. I'm thinking, "peanut butter..." and he tells me about some recall on Peter Pan. I laugh at him because I thought he was just B/S me because I was hungry. Then I got nervous and checked it out because I don't want to get sick!


Sure enough, I have the 2111 Peanut Butter! Lucky for me, I didn't try to eat it till today because I've had it for at least a week or two.

Anyone else brought this?



Image

Image
Image

GET READY FOR IT.....
ChrisR291
Targetmaster
Posts: 653
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:04 pm

Re: Who else brought the Salmonella Peanut Butter??

Postby Halo » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:28 am

Motto: "Womp."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
ChrisR291 wrote:I woke up this morning and felt like eating some Peanut Butter and Jelly for Breakfest. My roommate is up as well and asks me what i'm doing for breakfest. I'm thinking, "peanut butter..." and he tells me about some recall on Peter Pan. I laugh at him because I thought he was just B/S me because I was hungry. Then I got nervous and checked it out because I don't want to get sick!


Sure enough, I have the 2111 Peanut Butter! Lucky for me, I didn't try to eat it till today because I've had it for at least a week or two.

Anyone else brought this?

Dude, I've already eaten almost an entire jar of it, and I have 2 more. So screw buying new peanut butter, I'll just eat the infected ones.
Image
Rodimus_Lantern wrote:You see there are three things in the universe. Rock, Paper, and Scissors. Halo beats all three.

Psycho Warrior wrote:And people say class is dead. In fact Halo reanimated it just so it could dance for her amusement.
User avatar
Halo
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8739
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Grad School Paradise
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Who else brought the Salmonella Peanut Butter??

Postby TheMuffin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:37 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Halo wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:I woke up this morning and felt like eating some Peanut Butter and Jelly for Breakfest. My roommate is up as well and asks me what i'm doing for breakfest. I'm thinking, "peanut butter..." and he tells me about some recall on Peter Pan. I laugh at him because I thought he was just B/S me because I was hungry. Then I got nervous and checked it out because I don't want to get sick!


Sure enough, I have the 2111 Peanut Butter! Lucky for me, I didn't try to eat it till today because I've had it for at least a week or two.

Anyone else brought this?

Dude, I've already eaten almost an entire jar of it, and I have 2 more. So screw buying new peanut butter, I'll just eat the infected ones.


At least you can sue if you get sick.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11034
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Who else brought the Salmonella Peanut Butter??

Postby Shadowman » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:34 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Zuko wrote:
Halo wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:I woke up this morning and felt like eating some Peanut Butter and Jelly for Breakfest. My roommate is up as well and asks me what i'm doing for breakfest. I'm thinking, "peanut butter..." and he tells me about some recall on Peter Pan. I laugh at him because I thought he was just B/S me because I was hungry. Then I got nervous and checked it out because I don't want to get sick!


Sure enough, I have the 2111 Peanut Butter! Lucky for me, I didn't try to eat it till today because I've had it for at least a week or two.

Anyone else brought this?

Dude, I've already eaten almost an entire jar of it, and I have 2 more. So screw buying new peanut butter, I'll just eat the infected ones.


At least you can sue if you get sick.


And she's got a pretty good case, too.

Halo's Laywer: How is she supposed to kill the assholes if she's deathly ill? And who is responsible for this? Peter Pan Peanut Butter!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Powersurge » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:53 pm

How the hell can good old nuttie buttie have Salmonella :???:

What do they have chickens making it or something :shock:
Image
Sig made by me, go Dr.A
Powersurge
Headmaster
Posts: 1033
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:49 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Postby ChrisR291 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:58 pm

Powersurge wrote:How the hell can good old nuttie buttie have Salmonella :???:

What do they have chickens making it or something :shock:


LOL, thats what I was thinking. :-?
Image

GET READY FOR IT.....
ChrisR291
Targetmaster
Posts: 653
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:04 pm

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:59 am

i was confused the first time i read this, but i finally get it. i never even heard of peter pan pb(probably because of the recall)
Image
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8005
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: in the zoo, running it

Postby TheMuffin » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:03 am

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
The fact that you don't buy Jiff in the first place saddens me.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11034
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Who else brought the Salmonella Peanut Butter??

Postby Vanguard » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:26 am

Halo wrote:Dude, I've already eaten almost an entire jar of it, and I have 2 more. So screw buying new peanut butter, I'll just eat the infected ones.


Has it given the trots yet? :P
Vanguard
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 505
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:11 am

Postby Shadowman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:59 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
ChrisR291 wrote:
Powersurge wrote:How the hell can good old nuttie buttie have Salmonella :???:

What do they have chickens making it or something :shock:


LOL, thats what I was thinking. :-?


I think they put eggs in it or something. :-?

Zuko wrote:The fact that you don't buy Jiff in the first place saddens me.


JIF FTW!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Cybertron Optimus » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:55 am

Yeah, I've never it until now either.
Cybertron Optimus
Headmaster
Posts: 1213
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:19 pm

Re: Who else brought the Salmonella Peanut Butter??

Postby Halo » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:44 pm

Motto: "Womp."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Vanguard wrote:
Halo wrote:Dude, I've already eaten almost an entire jar of it, and I have 2 more. So screw buying new peanut butter, I'll just eat the infected ones.


Has it given the trots yet? :P

Nope, I'm still amazing. In fact, I'm eating peanut butter in the form of a sandwich right now. I think the Salmonella gives it extra flavor, because this is the best PB Sandwich I've ever had.
Image
Rodimus_Lantern wrote:You see there are three things in the universe. Rock, Paper, and Scissors. Halo beats all three.

Psycho Warrior wrote:And people say class is dead. In fact Halo reanimated it just so it could dance for her amusement.
User avatar
Halo
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8739
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Grad School Paradise
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Powersurge » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:21 pm

Shadowman wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:
Powersurge wrote:How the hell can good old nuttie buttie have Salmonella :???:

What do they have chickens making it or something :shock:


LOL, thats what I was thinking. :-?


I think they put eggs in it or something. :-?

Eggs?!?
Thats odd, never heard of eggs in nuttie buttie, well not the ones in NZ anyways.
Image
Sig made by me, go Dr.A
Powersurge
Headmaster
Posts: 1033
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:49 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Postby zorian » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:35 pm

It's my understanding that Peter Pan PN Butter is only sold in certain regions of the U.S. which is probally why several of you haven't heard of it. The info I saw on it said that they didn't know how the PN butter got infected, it doesn't normally have eggs in it, some companies may have it in thier recipe for some reason though. Also just because they did a recall on a production batch does not mean that all of that batch is infected ,just enough.
zorian
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:51 pm

Postby Shadowman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:43 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Powersurge wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:
Powersurge wrote:How the hell can good old nuttie buttie have Salmonella :???:

What do they have chickens making it or something :shock:


LOL, thats what I was thinking. :-?


I think they put eggs in it or something. :-?

Eggs?!?
Thats odd, never heard of eggs in nuttie buttie, well not the ones in NZ anyways.


I'm not sure if they do it (I don't think they do, anyway), but it's the only possible reason for getting salmonella (A poultry-based disease) from peanuts.

It's a weird world we live in.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Powersurge » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:11 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Powersurge wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:
Powersurge wrote:How the hell can good old nuttie buttie have Salmonella :???:

What do they have chickens making it or something :shock:


LOL, thats what I was thinking. :-?


I think they put eggs in it or something. :-?

Eggs?!?
Thats odd, never heard of eggs in nuttie buttie, well not the ones in NZ anyways.

I'm not sure if they do it (I don't think they do, anyway), but it's the only possible reason for getting salmonella (A poultry-based disease) from peanuts.

It's a weird world we live in.

Maybe Peter Pan is made in a factory that processes egg products, which then means other products (that are made in that factory) could be infected :SICK:
Image
Sig made by me, go Dr.A
Powersurge
Headmaster
Posts: 1033
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:49 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Postby Nightracer GT » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:54 pm

Motto: "If it feels so good, it can't be wrong."
Weapon: Whiplash Cutlass
I can't stand JIF.


I buy the generic brand. :-P
Buy my RiD toys! They're awesome, I promise!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180910929578?ss ... 1555.l2649
User avatar
Nightracer GT
Faction Commander
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Halo » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:30 pm

Motto: "Womp."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I've now finished a whole jar of infested peanut butter, and I'm not dead yet!
Image
Rodimus_Lantern wrote:You see there are three things in the universe. Rock, Paper, and Scissors. Halo beats all three.

Psycho Warrior wrote:And people say class is dead. In fact Halo reanimated it just so it could dance for her amusement.
User avatar
Halo
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8739
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Grad School Paradise
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Tammuz » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:53 pm

you do know that salmonella isn't just in chickens, right? milk's another bad one for it, most likely though this is a case of someone not washing there hands after they've been to the toilet and then handling the peanut butter, which is rather good food source for bacteria, and so it it multiplies happily.

though if you make it 72 hours without symptoms you'll generally be okay, just make sure you wash your hands!


EDIT: of course it could also be the other type of salmonella, and halo could be a typhoid mary, just cos you aint sick doesn't mean you're not infected kids.
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Postby Halo » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:17 am

Motto: "Womp."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Tammuz wrote:EDIT: of course it could also be the other type of salmonella, and halo could be a typhoid mary, just cos you aint sick doesn't mean you're not infected kids.

I had a routine check up yesterday, and I'm all good.
Image
Rodimus_Lantern wrote:You see there are three things in the universe. Rock, Paper, and Scissors. Halo beats all three.

Psycho Warrior wrote:And people say class is dead. In fact Halo reanimated it just so it could dance for her amusement.
User avatar
Halo
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8739
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Grad School Paradise
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Rogue. » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:32 am

Halo wrote:
Tammuz wrote:EDIT: of course it could also be the other type of salmonella, and halo could be a typhoid mary, just cos you aint sick doesn't mean you're not infected kids.

I had a routine check up yesterday, and I'm all good.


Is that a routine Salmonella checkup? ;)

I love peanut butter, but I hate the typical jarred varieities such as Jif or Peter Pan. Mostly because they're made with hydrogenated oils, which is really unneccesary. I buy fresh ground peanut butter ("Ingrediants: peanuts." hehe) from the local grocery store's deli (Publix, for you Floridians).

And I can't believe some people have never heard of Peter Pan Peanut Butter! Who else remembers those old commercials? "Peter Paaaaan... Peanut Butter!"
User avatar
Rogue.
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 am
Location: FL, Earth
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Postby Loki120 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 am

I know two people that got sick because of this peanut butter. One was my brother-in-law, who was sick for entire week before they figured it out, and only because they heard the news report, the doctor couldn't figure it out for whatever reason.
The other is a two year old who my wife babysits once in a while (we didn't feed it too him, we don't buy Peter Pan).
Image
Loki120
Brainmaster
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 11:14 am

Postby Uncrazzimatic » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:15 am

Its kind of funny for me reading about people eating Jif, in the UK its the name of a brand of bathroom cleaning cream. :D
Image
Uncrazzimatic
Godmaster
Posts: 1743
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: F city, F prefecture.

Postby Loki120 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:31 pm

Unchrasimatic wrote:Its kind of funny for me reading about people eating Jif, in the UK its the name of a brand of bathroom cleaning cream. :D


"Choosy moms choose Jif."

Ewwww. :shock:
Image
Loki120
Brainmaster
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 11:14 am

Postby Nightracer GT » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Motto: "If it feels so good, it can't be wrong."
Weapon: Whiplash Cutlass
Unchrasimatic wrote:Its kind of funny for me reading about people eating Jif, in the UK its the name of a brand of bathroom cleaning cream. :D


Honestly, I think it's the same stuff.
Buy my RiD toys! They're awesome, I promise!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180910929578?ss ... 1555.l2649
User avatar
Nightracer GT
Faction Commander
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Next

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014