Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Who else brought the Salmonella Peanut Butter??

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Postby Rogue. » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:32 am

Halo wrote:
Tammuz wrote:EDIT: of course it could also be the other type of salmonella, and halo could be a typhoid mary, just cos you aint sick doesn't mean you're not infected kids.

I had a routine check up yesterday, and I'm all good.


Is that a routine Salmonella checkup? ;)

I love peanut butter, but I hate the typical jarred varieities such as Jif or Peter Pan. Mostly because they're made with hydrogenated oils, which is really unneccesary. I buy fresh ground peanut butter ("Ingrediants: peanuts." hehe) from the local grocery store's deli (Publix, for you Floridians).

And I can't believe some people have never heard of Peter Pan Peanut Butter! Who else remembers those old commercials? "Peter Paaaaan... Peanut Butter!"
User avatar
Rogue.
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 am
Location: FL, Earth
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Postby Loki120 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 am

I know two people that got sick because of this peanut butter. One was my brother-in-law, who was sick for entire week before they figured it out, and only because they heard the news report, the doctor couldn't figure it out for whatever reason.
The other is a two year old who my wife babysits once in a while (we didn't feed it too him, we don't buy Peter Pan).
Image
Loki120
Brainmaster
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 11:14 am

Postby Uncrazzimatic » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:15 am

Its kind of funny for me reading about people eating Jif, in the UK its the name of a brand of bathroom cleaning cream. :D
Image
Uncrazzimatic
Godmaster
Posts: 1743
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: F city, F prefecture.

Postby Loki120 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:31 pm

Unchrasimatic wrote:Its kind of funny for me reading about people eating Jif, in the UK its the name of a brand of bathroom cleaning cream. :D


"Choosy moms choose Jif."

Ewwww. :shock:
Image
Loki120
Brainmaster
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 11:14 am

Postby Nightracer GT » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Motto: "If it feels so good, it can't be wrong."
Weapon: Whiplash Cutlass
Unchrasimatic wrote:Its kind of funny for me reading about people eating Jif, in the UK its the name of a brand of bathroom cleaning cream. :D


Honestly, I think it's the same stuff.
Buy my RiD toys! They're awesome, I promise!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180910929578?ss ... 1555.l2649
User avatar
Nightracer GT
Faction Commander
Posts: 4156
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:48 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Archanubis » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:17 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Did I buy the infected peanut butter? No. I hate Peter Pan Peanut Butter. I buy Skippy.
Image
User avatar
Archanubis
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6830
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:05 am
Location: Hylion Prime

Postby Tammuz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:45 pm

Halo wrote:
Tammuz wrote:EDIT: of course it could also be the other type of salmonella, and halo could be a typhoid mary, just cos you aint sick doesn't mean you're not infected kids.

I had a routine check up yesterday, and I'm all good.


they do stool samples in routine checks?
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Postby ShockwaveUK » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Unchrasimatic wrote:Its kind of funny for me reading about people eating Jif, in the UK its the name of a brand of bathroom cleaning cream. :D


It's not ben Jif for about 10 years, it's Cif now.
ShockwaveUK

Postby Flamemaster Galvatron » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:46 pm

I unknowingly consumed some Peter Pan peanut butter which was bought fairly recently, not aware there was a recall until after the fact. As soon as the news was heard it was tossed out with the garbage.

Surprisingly though, nothing happened. Must be an extreme case of luck but then again I'm the only one at my work who can eat sandwiches out of the vending machines, so I must have a stomach made of cast iron.
Image

Lurk, Lurk, Lurk Some More...
Flamemaster Galvatron
Gestalt
Posts: 2486
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:13 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:35 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
I make muh' own damn peanut butter. It's made with peanuts, butter and the tears of scared children. The tears make it smooooooth.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6267
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Grimscott » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:16 pm

I've eaten over half of my jar and doing fine.
Lookin' back on the track for a little green bag,
got to find just the kind or I'm losin' my mind

Image
Grimscott
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Texas

Postby Stormrider » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:59 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
It seems like a lot of fun is getting tainted now a days.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8396
News Credits: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Postby Rogue. » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:01 am

stormrider wrote:It seems like a lot of fun is getting tainted now a days.


Ohhhhh tainted fun.... doo doo...
User avatar
Rogue.
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:37 am
Location: FL, Earth
Buy from Rogue. on eBay

Postby Cyber Bishop » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:06 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
A couple of weeks my wife bough a big can at Sam's club and it had the number. We brought it back and got our $$ back.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18474
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Postby Uncrazzimatic » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:45 am

shockwaveuk wrote:
Unchrasimatic wrote:Its kind of funny for me reading about people eating Jif, in the UK its the name of a brand of bathroom cleaning cream. :D


It's not ben Jif for about 10 years, it's Cif now.


Not to me it hasn't! I dont care if those damn continental Europeans can't pronounce "J" correctly! :P
Image
Uncrazzimatic
Godmaster
Posts: 1743
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: F city, F prefecture.

Postby Thy Shadow Wolf » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:28 pm

At my job we had to throw away like 4 large economy sized containers and all our peanut butter ice cream ...... just because we didn't want to get sued or anything. I'm still standing by my stance on how people deserve to get salmonella if they're buying ice cream in the middle of winter :BANG_HEAD:
Thy Shadow Wolf
Gestalt
Posts: 2794
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:15 pm

Postby Stormrider » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:23 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Spike wrote:
stormrider wrote:It seems like a lot of fun is getting tainted now a days.


Ohhhhh tainted fun.... doo doo...


oops... :P
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8396
News Credits: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Postby Hotrod » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:33 pm

Down_Shift wrote:I make muh' own damn peanut butter. It's made with peanuts, butter and the tears of scared children. The tears make it smooooooth.


You really should market that :P
Hotrod
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8940
News Credits: 37
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 4:12 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:51 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Hotrod wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:I make muh' own damn peanut butter. It's made with peanuts, butter and the tears of scared children. The tears make it smooooooth.


You really should market that :P


I tried, apperently I'd be viewed as a "monster". Pffft, wimps.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6267
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Hotrod » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 pm

Down_Shift wrote:
Hotrod wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:I make muh' own damn peanut butter. It's made with peanuts, butter and the tears of scared children. The tears make it smooooooth.


You really should market that :P


I tried, apperently I'd be viewed as a "monster". Pffft, wimps.


Hey, that's it! Monster Peanut Butter, made from real tears of scared children!
Hotrod
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8940
News Credits: 37
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 4:12 pm

Postby Down_Shift » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Hotrod wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:
Hotrod wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:I make muh' own damn peanut butter. It's made with peanuts, butter and the tears of scared children. The tears make it smooooooth.


You really should market that :P


I tried, apperently I'd be viewed as a "monster". Pffft, wimps.


Hey, that's it! Monster Peanut Butter, made from real tears of scared children!


I should drop this idea by Disney, they could slap the mugs of Pixars "Monsters Inc." on the front.
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6267
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Hotrod » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:14 pm

Down_Shift wrote:
Hotrod wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:
Hotrod wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:I make muh' own damn peanut butter. It's made with peanuts, butter and the tears of scared children. The tears make it smooooooth.


You really should market that :P


I tried, apperently I'd be viewed as a "monster". Pffft, wimps.


Hey, that's it! Monster Peanut Butter, made from real tears of scared children!


I should drop this idea by Disney, they could slap the mugs of Pixars "Monsters Inc." on the front.


Now we are talking! Any chance if this happen I can get a cut or at least some free peanut butter :P
Hotrod
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8940
News Credits: 37
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 4:12 pm

Postby Powersurge » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:25 am

Thy Shadow Wolf wrote:.....I'm still standing by my stance on how people deserve to get salmonella if they're buying ice cream in the middle of winter :BANG_HEAD:

Well maybe they are cold on the outside, so they also want to be cold on the inside :-? :P

I personally eat ice cream whenever i bloody want, though yeah, the warm months are really ice cream weather.
Image
Sig made by me, go Dr.A
Powersurge
Headmaster
Posts: 1033
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:49 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:31 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Powersurge wrote:
Thy Shadow Wolf wrote:.....I'm still standing by my stance on how people deserve to get salmonella if they're buying ice cream in the middle of winter :BANG_HEAD:

Well maybe they are cold on the outside, so they also want to be cold on the inside :-? :P

I personally eat ice cream whenever i bloody want, though yeah, the warm months are really ice cream weather.


Canada is nothing but perpetual cold so up here we have to get our ice cream when the getting is good... which is usually right after dinner :P
Image

Cheer me on at - TeamDrinkFest.com

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
News Moderator
Posts: 6267
News Credits: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby jgilkinson » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:17 am

my gf... plus some dude i work with but i dont care bout that... least my gf was ok :grin:
User avatar
jgilkinson
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 943
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:10 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014