Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Why did Megatron become a truck?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby Burn » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 am

Cute. Completely twisting my words there.

So tell me cotss2012, why do you think Megatron became a truck?
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38118
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby vectorA3 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:53 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
cotss never said that the movies were hated by a "majority".

5150 - if all of the first movie actors have left, save for Tatum, and there's a new director who is just known for "Never say never" justin bieber --then I don't have high hopes. Couple this with the fact that a crew member already died on set when a lift collapsed - not lookin good. I love G.I. Joe too, so what a shame.

Star trek will be good if Abrams is steering the ship. Have higher hopes for it.

If contracts were in place for TF -then why weren't the movies made as a trilogy, stories linked?? Seems to me that the studio only greenlit TF2 after they saw the opening box office for TF1 - didn't have a trilogy in mind per se. It is what it is. Imho, the first film was the best overall, then DOTM, then ROTF. With that being said, just because a movie grosses obscene amounts of money doesn't mean its a great high quality movie. Star wars EP1 and 2 for example, are the worst of the 6 films, yet are #18 and #52 all time worldwide box office gross. Indiana Jones 4 - which was not up to par with the originals & some considered downright terrible is #35. Heck, last year's Alice in Wonderland wasn't very good and that's #9.
Image
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
User avatar
vectorA3
Godmaster
Posts: 1509
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Quintessa
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 am

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
vectorA3 wrote: cotss never said that the movies were hated by a "majority". .


Actually he did. IN another thread, then tried to post up link from roten tomatoes, only prove that the majority of the general audience did in fact aprove of all three TF movies.

vectorA3 wrote:5150 - if all of the first movie actors have left, save for Tatum, and there's a new director who is just known for "Never say never" justin bieber --then I don't have high hopes. Couple this with the fact that a crew member already died on set when a lift collapsed - not lookin good. I love G.I. Joe too, so what a shame..


Ya, while i'll hold off final judgment intill i see something, this doesn't look good. Thing is i had such hi hpes for the first movie. And while it wasn't a bad movie, it just didn't feel like a G.I. Joe movie to me.

vectorA3 wrote:Star trek will be good if Abrams is steering the ship. Have higher hopes for it. ..


As do I. I think he did a great job with the first movie. NO matter what the Trekkies say.

vectorA3 wrote:If contracts were in place for TF -then why weren't the movies made as a trilogy, stories linked?? Seems to me that the studio only greenlit TF2 after they saw the opening box office for TF1 - didn't have a trilogy in mind per se. It is what it is. Imho, the first film was the best overall, then DOTM, then ROTF.



Well contracts are for less for the actors and those invloved in the movie to keep them obligated in the event the studio decides to green light a sequel of any kind. Your right. TF2 was only green lite as a result of TF1's succsess. BUt one of the reasons they were able to get things moving as quickly as they were was because many were already on board. BUt if the movie doesn't do well, then the actors and production teams part ways. Perfect example was the movie "Doom".
All the actors signed on to do a second, if the first did well enough to warrant a second movie. The movie was a completel and utter disaster, there fore a second movie was never even concidered.

vectorA3 wrote:With that being said, just because a movie grosses obscene amounts of money doesn't mean its a great high quality movie.
.


Thing is were not aurgueing that point.
1.- The aurgument is that a movie doesn't make large profits like the TF movie have, and people not enjoy what they saw. People went to see the movies (multiple times) , passed the word on to there friends, they saw it and so forth.

2.- What is "good" is going to be completely subjective. While you may not like Alice in Wonderland, (I'm not much of a fan of it either) someone else might think its the greatest thing since sliced bread. BUt based on the box office results
it saeems that most approved of what they saw.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1187
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby Rushie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:38 pm

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
So... I hear Megatron turns into a truck in DotM? :D
Rushie
Pretender
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby vectorA3 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I know. Off topic. guilty. (Quints chime in.)

Also guilty of watching all 3 movies multiple times --being the TF diehard I am. Even if you don't like the films that much, there's so much to see -u have to see it multiple times. I shouldn't have seen RoTF multiple times in retrospect. Once I buy DOTM, then I'll have all 3 on bluray. Even, if the movies were 50x worse, being the diehard that I am i'd still buy the dvd for the films really cheap < $5. I'm just too nice to you darn Cybertronians!
Image
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
User avatar
vectorA3
Godmaster
Posts: 1509
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Quintessa
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby cotss2012 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Burn wrote:Cute. Completely twisting my words there.

So tell me cotss2012, why do you think Megatron became a truck?


Because Bay had stopped caring at that point.

5150 Cruiser wrote:IN another thread, then tried to post up link from roten tomatoes, only prove that the majority of the general audience did in fact aprove of all three TF movies.


People who create accounts at RT are NOT, in any way, a cross-section of general moviegoing audiences. They are instead the hardest of the hardcore fans/haters. That's why I referred to the numbers for the CRITICS.

Rushie wrote:So... I hear Megatron turns into a truck in DotM? :D


Wait... Megatron was actually IN that movie? I thought they only made the toy...
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby Burn » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:59 pm

cotss2012 wrote:
Burn wrote:So tell me cotss2012, why do you think Megatron became a truck?


Because Bay had stopped caring at that point.


If you're going to say something like "Because Bay had stopped caring at that point", then be prepared to cite your sources.

Or is this just your opinion again that we're meant to take as fact?
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38118
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby vectorA3 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
We all know the real reason -- so Hasbro could make and sell more toys. Shame Megatron's presence was so minimal in ROTF. They "b&^%$#d" him in movies 2 and 3. Terrible.

One thing that would make me and others happy would be a LC DOTM Megatron
Image
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
User avatar
vectorA3
Godmaster
Posts: 1509
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Quintessa
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby cotss2012 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Burn wrote:If you're going to say something like "Because Bay had stopped caring at that point", then be prepared to cite your sources.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaOWce9srEk
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
cotss2012 wrote:
Burn wrote:The movies made a lot of money at the box office; ergo, everyone who paid to see them (prior to actually seeing them) thought they were good (after actually seeing them); ergo, the movies have perfectly logical and well-thought-out storylines, have female characters who serve a purpose other than being the male star's love interest, don't suffer from extreme close-ups that make the robot characters difficult to distinguish from each other...


:roll:

Please, for the love of Primus, can you make ANY kind of argument that these movies were good, other than "Michael Bay has a swimming pool full of hundred dollar bills"?

No other argument needs to be made. That money means a lot of people saw it and some saw it multiple times. I saw the first one and second one 3 times and DotM twice, and I HATE going to the theater. People don't do that for movies they don't like.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2389
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
cotss2012 wrote: People who create accounts at RT are NOT, in any way, a cross-section of general moviegoing audiences. They are instead the hardest of the hardcore fans/haters. That's why I referred to the numbers for the CRITICS.



Excuses, excuses, excuses... That's really sad how evidence is right in front of you, yet you still make excuses. and even if what your saying is true, it still proves that the overall majority approved of the movies.
cotss2012 wrote:
Burn wrote:If you're going to say something like "Because Bay had stopped caring at that point", then be prepared to cite your sources.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaOWce9srEk


This means nothings. This has been done by multiple directors, and has been done in countless number of movies. and bay is not the first to reuse footage from one of his movies.
And please explain how less than 10 seconds of footage re used from another one of his movies proves that he doesn't care?

Evil_the_Nub wrote:
cotss2012 wrote::roll:

Please, for the love of Primus, can you make ANY kind of argument that these movies were good, other than "Michael Bay has a swimming pool full of hundred dollar bills"?

No other argument needs to be made. That money means a lot of people saw it and some saw it multiple times. I saw the first one and second one 3 times and DotM twice, and I HATE going to the theater. People don't do that for movies they don't like.



Exactly this. But you know what, I'll bite..
My argument is i liked the movies. I liked the plot, the story, the characters, the alt modes (especially, the alt modes) and the overall feel. Were the movies perfect? No. Could they be improved on? Sure. But that can be said for nearly any movie.

Bottom line is i liked the movies. And that's the only argument i need.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1187
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby cotss2012 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:24 am

Evil_the_Nub wrote:No other argument needs to be made. That money means a lot of people saw it and some saw it multiple times.


A lot of people also eat at McDonald's. That doesn't mean that a Big Mac is a damn filet mignon.

5150 Cruiser wrote:Excuses, excuses, excuses... That's really sad how evidence is right in front of you, yet you still make excuses.


Evidence that the movies were well-liked among people who were sufficiently obsessed with them to create accounts at RT to express their opinions of the movies? Yeah, that was never in dispute. However, those people do not represent the average movie-goer. Critics don't either, but they come light-years closer than RT members do.

5150 Cruiser wrote:and even if what your saying is true, it still proves that the overall majority approved of the movies.


A slim majority approved the first movie, and much more substantial majorities hated the second and third.

5150 Cruiser wrote:My argument is i liked the movies. I liked the plot, the story, the characters, the alt modes (especially, the alt modes) and the overall feel. Were the movies perfect? No. Could they be improved on? Sure. But that can be said for nearly any movie.

Bottom line is i liked the movies. And that's the only argument i need.


Bottom line is that your taste in movies sucks.
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby vectorA3 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:00 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
For the most part I agree with you cotss, but I'd say a large majority of longtime TF fans and regular movie goers liked the first film. More regular movie goers liked the 2nd film, which for the love of god had no substance & was so disjointed & yet still people ate this up like pigs & bucket full of gruel. Longtime fans hated it (I hope). For DOTM - I'd say about at least half or more of longtime fans liked it and a very large majority of average joes liked it.

"Bottom line is that your taste in movies sucks."
--- unfortunately this can be said for a movie anyone liked including your favorite movie cotss. It's all subjective
Image
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
User avatar
vectorA3
Godmaster
Posts: 1509
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Quintessa
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:02 am

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
cotss2012 wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:No other argument needs to be made. That money means a lot of people saw it and some saw it multiple times.


A lot of people also eat at McDonald's. That doesn't mean that a Big Mac is a damn filet mignon.

You're comparing apples to toasters there. People eat McDonalds because it's cheap and easy to get. Seeing a movie costs the same and takes the same effort regardless of what it is. If fillet mignon was as cheap and easy to get as a Big Mac McDonalds would be out of business.

You are clearly living in your own little world. A world where people will see a movie they hate multiple times. A world where these people will give said hated movie a positive review for some reason. A world where the opinions of a few wind bags is law.
Image
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
User avatar
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Posts: 2389
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby cotss2012 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:08 am

Evil_the_Nub wrote:You are clearly living in your own little world. A world where people will see a movie they hate multiple times. A world where these people will give said hated movie a positive review for some reason. A world where the opinions of a few wind bags is law.


Your strawman needs a brain, and so do you:

Image
I do not blame Michael Bay for crapping all over a huge part of my childhood. He just directed the scripts that were given to him. I blame Orci, Kurtzman, and Krueger, who seem completely incapable of concocting a story that even halfway makes sense.

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
cotss2012
Vehicon
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby RhA » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:28 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
cotss2012 wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:You are clearly living in your own little world. A world where people will see a movie they hate multiple times. A world where these people will give said hated movie a positive review for some reason. A world where the opinions of a few wind bags is law.


Your strawman needs a brain, and so do you:

Image


Insults. For when arguments become stale. But you're making one solid point, though. There is no single quantifialble reason for you to like the movies.

You can dislike the movies. No problem. Stop telling everyone else they can't, because that's crossing a line IMO.

Freedom of speech suddenly sucks when people start to disagree, wouldn't you agree?
Image
Latest TF: AOE Voyager Grimlock, AOE Leader Optimus Prime & AOE Crosshairs
User avatar
RhA
City Commander
Posts: 3924
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Why did Megatron become a truck?

Postby Burn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:31 am

cotss, i'm getting sick of this. You need to learn to respect the opinions of others, you don't need to agree with them, just respect them.

You certainly do not need to resort to insults.

That goes for everyone else as well.

Seeing as this has gotten completely off topic, and the personal insults have begun, there's only one thing to do with this thread.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38118
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014