Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby hinomars19 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:17 pm

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
I've had my FOC combaticons for 2 days now, and amidst all the (understandable) hate towards the figures proportions due to Onslaught not being a Voyager, I haven't seen anyone point the finger at Swindle.
He comes in a deluxe class box, with a deluxe price tag, yet he is easily bigger than the other 4. WHY???

People keep saying Onslaught should be a voyager to fix the combiners' issuses, then other people say 'can't be done due to case assortments/ shelf requirements' and all that jazz. OK, I buy that.

But how does Swindle end up being this bloody big whilst Onslaught is puny as hell?

This thing is a design flaw from the start. They are 5 deluxes, but not all the same size. Doesn't take a genius to figure out which should be the bigger of the 5. :HEADHURTS:
User avatar
hinomars19
Combiner
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 4:03 am
Location: England
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 1
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby BeastProwl » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Motto: "Nanomachines Son"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Its just how he ended up. They tried to make him as accurate as they could, insert the scramble gimmick, and make him limb worthy. Put all that together, and the proportions they were going for for the combined mode, along with the dumb gimmick, makes disproportionate decepticons.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5981
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:02 pm

I'd imagine Onslaught was made a Deluxe because that's more show-accurate. Onslaught doesn't tower over the others in the game, so a Voyager among Deluxes really wouldn't work.

As for Swindle's size, that's just one of those odd toy quirks. All Deluxes use roughly the same amount of actual material, meaning "heavy" types tend to be much shorter than "lightweights" (HftD Hailstorm and RotF Lockdown are the extremes of this phenomenon). Swindle is less bulky than his comrades, ergo he has more mass to put into height. It doesn't help that his relatively empty chest armor also gives the illusion of mass.



I do like how the Wrecker retool takes advantage of the Swindle mold's size and uses it for Roadbuster.
Krazy 'bout Kreons
Customs // Photos // Art // Parts Database
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2048
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby 千代爸爸 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:04 am

Weapon: Big Cannon
I think he is fat not big exactly .




321321321.jpg
Image
User avatar
千代爸爸
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:34 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby hinomars19 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
千代爸爸 wrote:I think he is fat not big exactly .




321321321.jpg


He isn't taller, but overall he's 'beefier'. My point is if Onslaught had those proportions, the combined mode wouldn't look so 'stringy'.

BTW, thanks for that pic, I was nearly there with that mis-transform of Blast-off. You've made mine look better now ;)
User avatar
hinomars19
Combiner
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 4:03 am
Location: England
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 1
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby Motorthing » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:50 am

Motto: "I've said it before and I'll say it again....Freedom's fine as long as you have a Honkin' Big Gun pointing at the Bad Guys"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Scale has always been a sometimes thing for Hastak, this is one more baffling example.

One size fitting all on this combiner makes their life easier, not ours.
FansProject is the right of all sentient beings
User avatar
Motorthing
Vehicon
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 am
Location: London
Buy from Motorthing on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby horus » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Motto: "Drown them in sound till you here no whispers"
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
He's just too hollow
Image
User avatar
horus
Fuzor
Posts: 243
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:53 am
Location: Portugal
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10+

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:39 pm

千代爸爸 wrote:I think he is fat not big exactly .




321321321.jpg

Quite possibly the best photo I've seen of Bruticus combined, maybe it's this paint scheme. Maybe I'll pick up the retail release after all.

Edit: well it's a good picture even if I can't quote it. :roll:
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3063
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:10 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
DevastaTTor wrote:
千代爸爸 wrote:I think he is fat not big exactly .




321321321.jpg

Quite possibly the best photo I've seen of Bruticus combined, maybe it's this paint scheme. Maybe I'll pick up the retail release after all.

Edit: well it's a good picture even if I can't quote it. :roll:


Hmph. I'm being forced to pick up the retail release. Budget.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:32 am

PrymeStriker wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:
千代爸爸 wrote:I think he is fat not big exactly .




321321321.jpg

Quite possibly the best photo I've seen of Bruticus combined, maybe it's this paint scheme. Maybe I'll pick up the retail release after all.

Edit: well it's a good picture even if I can't quote it. :roll:


Hmph. I'm being forced to pick up the retail release. Budget.

If budget's a consideration, are you also considering the G2 release? It's actually cheaper than the retail release. (Unless you're not in the US)
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3063
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:54 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
DevastaTTor wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:
千代爸爸 wrote:I think he is fat not big exactly .




321321321.jpg

Quite possibly the best photo I've seen of Bruticus combined, maybe it's this paint scheme. Maybe I'll pick up the retail release after all.

Edit: well it's a good picture even if I can't quote it. :roll:


Hmph. I'm being forced to pick up the retail release. Budget.

If budget's a consideration, are you also considering the G2 release? It's actually cheaper than the retail release. (Unless you're not in the US)


And go for an even uglier colors? I'm fine with the retail release. I actually like that better than the G2.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby DevastaTTor » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:49 pm

PrymeStriker wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:
千代爸爸 wrote:I think he is fat not big exactly .




321321321.jpg

Quite possibly the best photo I've seen of Bruticus combined, maybe it's this paint scheme. Maybe I'll pick up the retail release after all.

Edit: well it's a good picture even if I can't quote it. :roll:


Hmph. I'm being forced to pick up the retail release. Budget.

If budget's a consideration, are you also considering the G2 release? It's actually cheaper than the retail release. (Unless you're not in the US)


And go for an even uglier colors? I'm fine with the retail release. I actually like that better than the G2.

Fair enough; go for the retail colors.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3063
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby gavinfuzzy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
DevastaTTor wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:
千代爸爸 wrote:I think he is fat not big exactly .




321321321.jpg

Quite possibly the best photo I've seen of Bruticus combined, maybe it's this paint scheme. Maybe I'll pick up the retail release after all.

Edit: well it's a good picture even if I can't quote it. :roll:


Hmph. I'm being forced to pick up the retail release. Budget.

If budget's a consideration, are you also considering the G2 release? It's actually cheaper than the retail release. (Unless you're not in the US)


Remember the original source of the G2 image? It was from a Chinese hasbro product catalog of sorts... I'm sure they will be released here too. :lol: Also, collector shops are taking orders on the "Amazon" G2 bruticus for around $88 USD, which in still cheaper than the $116 I would spent if I were to buy the regular ones off retail. :lol:

I'm waiting for Takara's take on this... Please be game accurate colours. :PRAY:
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1829
News Credits: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby 千代爸爸 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:16 am

Weapon: Big Cannon
hinomars19 wrote:He isn't taller, but overall he's 'beefier'. My point is if Onslaught had those proportions, the combined mode wouldn't look so 'stringy'.
BTW, thanks for that pic, I was nearly there with that mis-transform of Blast-off. You've made mine look better now ;)


how about this time ? :D


DSCF1753.JPG
Image
User avatar
千代爸爸
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:34 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:49 am

千代爸爸 wrote:
how about this time ? :D


DSCF1753.JPG


Did you just rotate the thighs? Interesting, but I think it makes him look even more lanky and awkward.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4400
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Motto: "Nanomachines Son"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Found this on TFW. Might want to try it out.
Image
So is it true that his legs don't move at the hip at all?
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5981
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby RAcast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:21 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
BeastProwl wrote:Found this on TFW. Might want to try it out.
Image
So is it true that his legs don't move at the hip at all?

It was my understanding that he had ratchety hip joints...?
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2777
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Motto: "Nanomachines Son"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
RAcast wrote:It was my understanding that he had ratchety hip joints...?

Maybe he does in that mode? IDK.
Edit* He has hip movement in that mode 8)
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5981
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Why is FOC Swindle so darn big?

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Image

I seriously want to know how to get the Combaticons in that configuration.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

Make your guesses on BotCon 2014's exclusive figures here! You'll only regret it slightly.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 4836
News Credits: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014