Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby HomelessBoxBoy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:28 am

Was it simply because he admired what he stood for? I've heard multiple different interpretations, some much more outlandish than others...
HomelessBoxBoy
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:41 am
Watch HomelessBoxBoy on YouTube

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby njb902 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:26 am

HomelessBoxBoy wrote:Was it simply because he admired what he stood for? I've heard multiple different interpretations, some much more outlandish than others...


I think besides shockwave he was the only other con megatron trusted. I also can't remember megatron treating soundwave badly either, so his competence might have earned him a bit of respect, which might explain his attitude.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby leviebaby » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Weapon: Lightning Rifle
now the thing that got me was when starscream threw megatron off astrostrain in the movie how come sound didn't stop starscream :-?
leviebaby
Micromaster
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm
Buy from leviebaby on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: N/A
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby njb902 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:43 pm

leviebaby wrote:now the thing that got me was when starscream threw megatron off astrostrain in the movie how come sound didn't stop starscream :-?


1. well he did have to look out for himself.

2. plus being outnumbered as he was can you blame him.

3. he's a con. as trustworthy as he may have been, as loyal as he was, he's a con.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Maybe Megatron was a pimp. Things might have gone on....off screen.

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby HomelessBoxBoy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:47 am

njb902 wrote:
HomelessBoxBoy wrote:Was it simply because he admired what he stood for? I've heard multiple different interpretations, some much more outlandish than others...


I think besides shockwave he was the only other con megatron trusted. I also can't remember megatron treating soundwave badly either, so his competence might have earned him a bit of respect, which might explain his attitude.


I agree, I think Soundwave was a much more logical choice for second in command over Starscream, but that's another topic entirely. Was Soundwave one of the first to join the 'cons? I can't remember if he fought i the gladiatorial arenas or not.
HomelessBoxBoy
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:41 am
Watch HomelessBoxBoy on YouTube

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:24 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
HomelessBoxBoy wrote:I agree, I think Soundwave was a much more logical choice for second in command over Starscream, but that's another topic entirely. Was Soundwave one of the first to join the 'cons? I can't remember if he fought i the gladiatorial arenas or not.
Are you referring to G1 cartoon Soundwave? If yes, well, neither Soundwave nor Megatron were shown to be gladiators. Megs was created during the Golden Age long after the Quintesson-enforced gladiatorial combat was done away with.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14788
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby Justanormalguy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
HomelessBoxBoy wrote:Was it simply because he admired what he stood for? I've heard multiple different interpretations, some much more outlandish than others...


It gives him a very distinct personality, unlike Starscream who was a traitor and a complete idiot. Every evil team needs two bad guys like this.
Image
When Megatron..
User avatar
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Autobot city
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby AdamFett » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 am

Motto: "''In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.''"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
What became of soundwave after Transfromers: the movie?
Image

BUY/SELL/TRADE FEEDBACK: adamfett-no-worries-with-him-t90266.php

PLEASE HELP ME GET A MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK: want-masterpiece-grimlock-please-read-t89996.php
User avatar
AdamFett
Minibot
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Oglala, SD
Watch AdamFett on YouTube
Buy from AdamFett on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
AdamFett wrote:What became of soundwave after Transfromers: the movie?


Soundwave, like the others, was forced to relocate to the burned-out planet Chaar, where he existed on the brink of death.

After the return of Galvatron, Soundwave was still in his position, just with less screentime.

Soundwave and Blaster's rivalry was explored in the Headmasters cartoon; Soundwave became Soundblaster later on.

Image

Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5364
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby AdamFett » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Motto: "''In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.''"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
PrymeStriker wrote:
AdamFett wrote:What became of soundwave after Transfromers: the movie?


Soundwave, like the others, was forced to relocate to the burned-out planet Chaar, where he existed on the brink of death.

After the return of Galvatron, Soundwave was still in his position, just with less screentime.

Soundwave and Blaster's rivalry was explored in the Headmasters cartoon; Soundwave became Soundblaster later on.

Image

Image


I'm a newbie to the Transformer Universe, so excuse me if i sound ******. Is the Soundwave from G1 the same Soundwave from the FOC Universe?
Image

BUY/SELL/TRADE FEEDBACK: adamfett-no-worries-with-him-t90266.php

PLEASE HELP ME GET A MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK: want-masterpiece-grimlock-please-read-t89996.php
User avatar
AdamFett
Minibot
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Oglala, SD
Watch AdamFett on YouTube
Buy from AdamFett on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
AdamFett wrote:I'm a newbie to the Transformer Universe, so excuse me if i sound ******. Is the Soundwave from G1 the same Soundwave from the FOC Universe?
No, they are not the same. Anyone who tells you otherwise is incorrect.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14788
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby AdamFett » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Motto: "''In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.''"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
AdamFett wrote:I'm a newbie to the Transformer Universe, so excuse me if i sound ******. Is the Soundwave from G1 the same Soundwave from the FOC Universe?
No, they are not the same. Anyone who tells you otherwise is incorrect.


Please feel free to educate me brother! :grin:
Image

BUY/SELL/TRADE FEEDBACK: adamfett-no-worries-with-him-t90266.php

PLEASE HELP ME GET A MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK: want-masterpiece-grimlock-please-read-t89996.php
User avatar
AdamFett
Minibot
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Oglala, SD
Watch AdamFett on YouTube
Buy from AdamFett on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
AdamFett wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AdamFett wrote:I'm a newbie to the Transformer Universe, so excuse me if i sound ******. Is the Soundwave from G1 the same Soundwave from the FOC Universe?
No, they are not the same. Anyone who tells you otherwise is incorrect.


Please feel free to educate me brother! :grin:
I'd be glad to. :lol:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14788
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby AdamFett » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Motto: "''In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.''"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
AdamFett wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AdamFett wrote:I'm a newbie to the Transformer Universe, so excuse me if i sound ******. Is the Soundwave from G1 the same Soundwave from the FOC Universe?
No, they are not the same. Anyone who tells you otherwise is incorrect.


Please feel free to educate me brother! :grin:
I'd be glad to. :lol:


Ok..So why aren't they the same Soundwave?
Image

BUY/SELL/TRADE FEEDBACK: adamfett-no-worries-with-him-t90266.php

PLEASE HELP ME GET A MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK: want-masterpiece-grimlock-please-read-t89996.php
User avatar
AdamFett
Minibot
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Oglala, SD
Watch AdamFett on YouTube
Buy from AdamFett on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
AdamFett wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AdamFett wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AdamFett wrote:I'm a newbie to the Transformer Universe, so excuse me if i sound ******. Is the Soundwave from G1 the same Soundwave from the FOC Universe?
No, they are not the same. Anyone who tells you otherwise is incorrect.


Please feel free to educate me brother! :grin:
I'd be glad to. :lol:


Ok..So why aren't they the same Soundwave?
Because the WFC and FOC video games are part of the Aligned Continuity, rather than any G1 continuity.

The Soundwave from the WFC/FOC games is the same Soundwave as the one from Transformers: Prime, and will become him after millions and millions of years later (that's how much time occurs between the games and cartoon).

It may seem hard to believe at first, what with the games being so heavily influenced by G1 and the Prime cartoon feeling so not-G1/Movie-like, but as more and more material for this continuity has been made (such as the novels and the particular episodes of TF: Prime that focus on the past), more and more dots have been connected between the two. Plus it was official word stated by Hasbro. ;)
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14788
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby AdamFett » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Motto: "''In the end, it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.''"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Badass! Learned something new...:)
Image

BUY/SELL/TRADE FEEDBACK: adamfett-no-worries-with-him-t90266.php

PLEASE HELP ME GET A MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK: want-masterpiece-grimlock-please-read-t89996.php
User avatar
AdamFett
Minibot
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Oglala, SD
Watch AdamFett on YouTube
Buy from AdamFett on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Why was Soundwave (G1) so loyal to Megatron?

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
AdamFett wrote:Badass! Learned something new...:)
More info here - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Soundwave_%28Prime%29
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14788
News Credits: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9


Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014