- Motto: "Smashing Optimus Prime toys is the freedom of all sentient beings."
- Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Optimus Prime, hands down. Let's look at the facts:
- Under his leadership, the Autobots lost their foothold on Cybertron. By the time the 80s movie came out, the Autobots were kicked out of Cybertron altogether and had to stage their home on Cybertron's moons and on Earth.
- Because of this, the war between the two factions had spilled over to other world - something that, despite Optimus's grievances in MTMTE and how the war wasn't "our problem", it escalated regardless.
- In "Rebirth", this is shortly after Rodimus handed the Autobot leadership back to Optimus, the Autobots had lost control of Cybertron (again) to Galvatron.
- Optimus lost to Galvatron while Rodimus didn't (Prime threw Galvatron out of Unicron at the end of the movie). Galvatron is one of the weakest Decepticon leader, if not the weakest, that faction has ever had. That speak volumes as to Optimus's leadership ability compared to Prime's.
- Under Prime's leadership, Cybertron prospered and developed diplomatic relationships with other worlds and established alliances. Under Optimus's leadership, however, the Autobots were made pariahs or targeted by humans many times throughout their time on Earth (Megatron's Master Plan, Attack of the Autobots, Aerial Assault, Prime Target, etc.)
- Even in the Japanese continuity (Headmasters), Optimus's leadership was shoddy. He couldn't prevent Cybertron becoming a burnt-out, inhospitable husk.