Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatability Update!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatability Update!

Postby TheMuffin » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:07 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4475

Panzer Dragoon Orta is now finally backwards compatible.

Early last month, GamePro reported at GDC that Microsoft would be focusing less on backwards compatibility after the end of this year. However, considering that the year hasn't ended yet, Xbox 360 owners with an extensive library of original Xbox games will be delighted to hear that just over 30 new games have been added to Microsoft's backwards compatibility catalogue.

The update, which is the most recent addition of games since last December, contains a number of relatively recent Xbox titles. However, hardcore favorites like the long-awaited treatment of Panzer Dragoon Orta have finally made it to the list, which now clocks in at a total of over 300 games. In order to play these games on an Xbox 360, simply insert the original Xbox disc into the system, which will prompt you to download an update. Those without connected Xbox 360 systems can click here to download the necessary backwards compatibility updates in .ISO form.

According to a post on Major Nelson's blog, these new updates also contain upscaling for owners of televisions capable of running in resolutions of 720p and 1080i. Although the complete list of over 300 games can be found here, below is a quick list of all the new games that have been recently added and/or updated:

*

Avatar: The Last Airbender
*

Breakdown
*

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
*

Call of Duty 3
*

Cars
*

Crash Bandicoot 5: Wrath of Cortex
*

Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics
*

FIFA Soccer 2007
*

Full Spectrum Warrior
*

Guilty Gear Isuka
*

JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future
*

MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
*

Mercenaries
*

NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control
*

NFL Fever 2004
*

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
*

Panzer Dragoon ORTA
*

Phantom Dust
*

Reservoir Dogs
*

Return To Castle Wolfenstein
*

RugbyLeague 2
*

Sonic Riders
*

Soul Calibur 2 (updated)
*

Star Wars Republic Commando
*

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
*

The King of Fighters Neowave
*

The King of Fighters 2002 & 2003
*

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07
*

Tony Hawk's Underground
*

Ultra Bust-A-Move
*

Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
*

Xiaolin Showdown


I know many of us have been wanting to see a few of these come to light. NOW I CAN FINALLY SELL MY XBOX SINCE REPUBLIC COMMANDO IS BC!! Woohoooooo!!!
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11040
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Shadowman » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:12 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Jeez, those are some pretty sweet games.

I guess there's less and less of a reason to buy a regular Xbox, when it's becoming simpler to get a 360.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28845
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby TheMuffin » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:14 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Bingo. 328 games are now BC. And all the games I own are now on the list. Time to sell my Xbox and games I don't want to cut the price on my Elite when it's released.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11040
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby sniper_samurai » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:35 pm

Shadowman wrote:Jeez, those are some pretty sweet games.

I guess there's less and less of a reason to buy a regular Xbox, when it's becoming simpler to get a 360.


Yeah its getting that way alright, unless your a mecha nut or collector of rare games and wants to play Steel Battalion, which I must say is made of pure win and pretty much to only reason I have for keeping my xbox at this stage.
Image
Currently Watching:
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Ergo Proxy
Gundam 00
Yu Yu Hakusho
sniper_samurai
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Postby LiquidTim » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:19 pm

I would love to give Panzer Dragoon ORTA a try I have heard nothing but good things about that game.
LiquidTim
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Postby Phategod1 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:43 pm

NFL FEVER 2004! Damn when will they buy a clue and add ESPN2k5 those B@$tards and Advent Rising those are the only reason why I still have my X-box.
My gamer tag is PHATEGODPRIME Im too lazy to put the little fancy one here.
Phategod1
Godmaster
Posts: 1599
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 am

Postby Shadowman » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:12 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Phategod1 wrote:NFL FEVER 2004! Damn when will they buy a clue and add ESPN2k5 those B@$tards and Advent Rising those are the only reason why I still have my X-box.


What? There's a difference between sports games?

I would never have noticed!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28845
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Phategod1 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:45 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Phategod1 wrote:NFL FEVER 2004! Damn when will they buy a clue and add ESPN2k5 those B@$tards and Advent Rising those are the only reason why I still have my X-box.


What? There's a difference between sports games?

I would never have noticed!

Difference is Fever sucks not everyone is a sports fan so I'll understand that you wouldn't know the diff but to a sports fans this is rediculous. ESPNNFL2K5 was the last greatest football game on the X-box maybe ever.
My gamer tag is PHATEGODPRIME Im too lazy to put the little fancy one here.
Phategod1
Godmaster
Posts: 1599
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 am

Postby TheMuffin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Phategod1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Phategod1 wrote:NFL FEVER 2004! Damn when will they buy a clue and add ESPN2k5 those B@$tards and Advent Rising those are the only reason why I still have my X-box.


What? There's a difference between sports games?

I would never have noticed!

Difference is Fever sucks not everyone is a sports fan so I'll understand that you wouldn't know the diff but to a sports fans this is rediculous. ESPNNFL2K5 was the last greatest football game on the X-box maybe ever.


NFL2K5 was the last great football game for any system ever. Madden will never compare no matter how much they try to improve it. You know. By adding useless features that get removed the next year because no one used them.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11040
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Xbox 360 Backwards Compatability Update!

Postby Homer » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:56 pm

Nightwatcher wrote:Star Wars Republic Commando...


About eff'n time. I bought Rep Comm for $20 new before I got my 360 not knowing it wasn't compatible at the time.

I can finally take the damn plastic wrap off of this one and get some play time.
Image
Homer
Brainmaster
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:39 pm

Postby Xion » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:38 pm

Now we need just a combatibility with the Guilty Gear XX Reload.
Xion
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:49 pm


Return to Video Games Forum