Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Zack Ward on Transformers Movie

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby Arcadius-Prime » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:51 pm

Man you people are sad, who cares who said what when and who posts first, and This movie is a ripoff of every other movie out there. So deal!
Arcadius-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 1:10 pm

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:09 pm

meh
Image

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6972
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:43 pm

Postby dragons » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:16 pm

that is old news but everyone has there off days i know alot about that type of subject
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2469
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Postby skywarp-2 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:21 pm

Bluebullet wrote:Comparing the movie to "Aliens"? Can't say I didn't expect it.



I totally agree, and it is exactly what i was reading about in another post where it was said that after the movie aliens, it seems as if H.R. Geigers Alien designs were used and held up as an example of what constitues "Alien" in movies, especially since it is the look of Bugs or Insects which dominate the whole Transformers designs and aspects. This man's comments referring to Aliens is a prime example of the thought processes and theories which permiate the whole of Hollywood and is why we have what we have as Transformers designs today.

Stickj with what works, and no originality, that is exactly what i think of ILM and their designs, granted Weta workshop has alot to learn in the CGI deartment, but I would bet that freedom of creative design would not have been so stifled like that of ILM due to their infalability on designing due to the fact that they have Star Wars and numerous other sci-fi related movies under their belt. I for one am hoping we can see some more originality in the next film, and not a conventional design plan which is typical of the ILM movie designs and their narrow view of what constitutes "alien" and buggy...
Image
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=56030
In the interests of keeping it clean, I will now only curse at you in Morse code: ..-. ..- -.-. -.- -.-- --- ..- that means "F-you!"
User avatar
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
Posts: 4177
News Credits: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:57 am

Postby Burn » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:00 am

Bluebullet wrote:Comparing the movie to "Aliens"? Can't say I didn't expect it.

skywarp-2 wrote:This man's comments referring to Aliens is a prime example of the thought processes and theories which permiate the whole of Hollywood and is why we have what we have as Transformers designs today.


I obviously must be missing something so please, either of you two, could you please point me in the direction where this Zard Ward compares the upcoming TF movie to Aliens.

Because from what I read of that interview, he compares his CHARACTER to that of Bill Paxton's "Hudson" character from Aliens. I see no more comparisson between the movies so I find both your comments highly misleading and detracting from the topic of this news thead, and in fact, the sort of thing that has lead to flamings in the past. (Not a threat I should add)

So as I asked, please point me in the direction of these movie comparisons. Thanks. :D
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38346
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby JEDI ALCHEMIST » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:02 am

yeah I think that pretty much confirms he gets squished.
JEDI ALCHEMIST
Minibot
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:10 pm

Postby Bluebullet » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:30 am

JEDI ALCHEMIST wrote:yeah I think that pretty much confirms he gets squished.

All we can do is hope. ;)^
Bluebullet

Postby NightFall » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:21 am

Well the movie is about aliens so, ya.
Image
NightFall
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:13 pm

Postby Robinson » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:27 am

Yeah I dont see giger anywhere in the transformer designs and ILM didnt solely desing them if at all, they are doing the cgi and rendering, but someone sat down with a pen and some markers and designed them long before ILM was "making aliens"
Image
User avatar
Robinson
Gestalt
Posts: 2633
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 pm

Postby Saya » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Burn wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:Comparing the movie to "Aliens"? Can't say I didn't expect it.

skywarp-2 wrote:This man's comments referring to Aliens is a prime example of the thought processes and theories which permiate the whole of Hollywood and is why we have what we have as Transformers designs today.


I obviously must be missing something so please, either of you two, could you please point me in the direction where this Zard Ward compares the upcoming TF movie to Aliens.

Because from what I read of that interview, he compares his CHARACTER to that of Bill Paxton's "Hudson" character from Aliens. I see no more comparisson between the movies so I find both your comments highly misleading and detracting from the topic of this news thead, and in fact, the sort of thing that has lead to flamings in the past. (Not a threat I should add)

So as I asked, please point me in the direction of these movie comparisons. Thanks. :D


Yeah, exactly where is the movie compared to Aliens in this story?
Saya

Postby skywarp-2 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:56 pm

Azura wrote:
Burn wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:Comparing the movie to "Aliens"? Can't say I didn't expect it.

skywarp-2 wrote:This man's comments referring to Aliens is a prime example of the thought processes and theories which permiate the whole of Hollywood and is why we have what we have as Transformers designs today.


I obviously must be missing something so please, either of you two, could you please point me in the direction where this Zard Ward compares the upcoming TF movie to Aliens.

Because from what I read of that interview, he compares his CHARACTER to that of Bill Paxton's "Hudson" character from Aliens. I see no more comparisson between the movies so I find both your comments highly misleading and detracting from the topic of this news thead, and in fact, the sort of thing that has lead to flamings in the past. (Not a threat I should add)

So as I asked, please point me in the direction of these movie comparisons. Thanks. :D


Yeah, exactly where is the movie compared to Aliens in this story?



No I didn't say that the man stated the transformers designs were pfrom Aliens, rather that his statement of his character being similar to Bill Paxton's character from Aliens shows that they had aliens on their mind when designing this films main characters..I.E. bug like aliens from outer space, hence the bug like Transformers from outer Space.. typical of how Hollywood views aliens.. its not so wrong to think outside the box...
Image
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=56030
In the interests of keeping it clean, I will now only curse at you in Morse code: ..-. ..- -.-. -.- -.-- --- ..- that means "F-you!"
User avatar
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
Posts: 4177
News Credits: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:57 am

Postby Burn » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:40 am

skywarp-2 wrote:No I didn't say that the man stated the transformers designs were pfrom Aliens, rather that his statement of his character being similar to Bill Paxton's character from Aliens shows that they had aliens on their mind when designing this films main characters..I.E. bug like aliens from outer space, hence the bug like Transformers from outer Space.. typical of how Hollywood views aliens.. its not so wrong to think outside the box...


So you're saying because they came up with a character which will probably be on the screen for five mins, who just so happens to be similar to a character from Aliens, that they decided to then base the entire look of the TF's on aliens?

That's a pretty big stretch you know ...
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38346
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum