Another official press release for a Transformers related media product, this time DeNA's mobile device game Battle Tactics - and the introduction of the classic Dinobot team (in their Fall of Cybertron incarnation): Grimlock, Swoop, Slug, Snarl and Slog! Find out more below, including some artwork, banners and screenshots for the new in-game event.
The DINOBOTS have entered the battlefield! Today DeNA announced Dinobot Destruction, a new in-game event that brings the original G1 DINOBOTS to TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS.
An exciting turn-based strategy game for iOS and Android, TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS lets players collect and assemble teams of iconic AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS to battle in strategic combat experiences with other fans in real-time.
Running from June 4 through June 10, players will collect and fight alongside Slug, Snarl, and Slog in the Dinobot Destruction event. As they rise through the ranks, players have the chance to win classic TRANSFORMERS characters, Grimlock and Swoop.
TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS is a turn-based tactical mobile game inspired by the all new fan favorite COMBINER WARS comic story and the expansive 30-year history of the TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS universe. Players collect and assemble epic teams, made up of AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS who fight side by side in a unique campaign mode and intense player vs player (PvP) mode to engage with gamers and TRANSFORMERS fans from around the world.
TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS is available now as a free download in the App Store for iPhone and iPad and on Google Play for Android devices. Additional information is available on http://transformersbattletactics.com.
From the Transformers: Universe front, we've new info on some upcoming updates! They are:
* Challenges will be introduced this Wednesday. Players will be able to challenge one another for rewards. As time progresses, challenges will be given more depth and rewards.
* Drummond Gorge, a new map for the Elimination gametype, is due for release on 17 September. Concurrently released with Drummond Gorge are visual upgrades for the outer base maps.
* 24 September will see an upgrade for the map "Santa Vega" to rectify some glitches seen on the map, as well as a change to the center of the map to be more vehicle friendly.
* The new gametype "Recon" will be introduced to the game on 1 October. Recon is similar to how Capture the Flag works in Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, in that once a player has a flag, they are unable to transform. With its introduction, a new map will also be introduced designed specifically for Recon, with new maps following suit over time.
* New characters in-coming! Jagex-original characters Autobot Outsider and Decepticon Pandemic are coming sometime in September. Two other characters are slated for release in October, but in a neat surprise, they are plucked from Transformers lore... Chromia and Flamewar are joining the Universe fray! No images at this time, though. Not only are they slated to be playable, but two other characters have been leaked to be playable: Autobot inventor and mechanic Wheeljack and the Decepticon with a Ph. D. in narcissism and dismantling, Knock Out! They were leaked along with Outsider, Pandemic, Pitstop, and Contagion not too long ago.
Another trailer for ...wait, it's Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark and not the movie! And it's a big one, as Fall of Cybertron and Age of Extinction both show up their fierce brawling, metal chomping, fire breathing warrior: Grimlock. Check him out in the embedded clip below, courtesy of the GameStop YouTube channel.
We have some new details on Dark Spark from the upcoming Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark video game. It's described at "The opposing force to the Matrix of Leadership", and shares a similar design. Check it out in the image mirrored below. Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark blends the worlds of Age of Extinction and War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron, and is scheduled to release on June 24th.
Courtesy of the PlayStation YouTube channel we have new Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark video featuring the one and only Peter Cullen! Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is the official Transformers: Age of Extinction tie-in video game, but also merges with the Transformers: War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron storyline. Cullen explains some the plot points of the upcoming game in the video embedded below:
As we know from the previous trailer for Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark the Fall of Cybertron Combaticons and their combined form Bruticus will be a featured character. Now thanks to Game Trailers we have a new trailer devoted just to the aforementioned Bruticus.
Thanks to your fellow Seibertronian It Is Him we can report that the DLC for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and Transformers: War for Cybertron is on sale this week from the PlayStation store. Click here to check out what's available.
Seibertron.com members Primeultimus and Va'al came across a news article over at GameNGuide that talks about an Activision sale on the PC gaming client, Steam. Among those titles are the War For/Fall Of Cybertron games from the Aligned Continuity/Transformers Prime universe.
Fall Of Cybertron has steadily kept it's rather high price tag of $50.00, and even sales weren't cutting the price too low. Until now! Steam is selling Fall Of Cybertron for $14.99! Not to be outdone, War For Cybertron can be obtained for $4.99! Plus the FOC DLC can be purchased separately or in a bundle for $7.47!
If you were waiting for a good price to help you jump into the world of Transformers gaming, there's no better time than right now, so click either of the links below and you'll take your first step towards being Optimus Prime instead of just watching him on screen.
The sale ends Sunday morning, May 4th at 10:00 AM PDT (1:00 PM EDT)
For Fall Of Cybertron, click here.
You can also obtain the DLC at a discounted rate on that same page.
Thanks to Gamefly we have the covers for the upcoming Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark video game for all the majoring gaming consoles. The worlds of Fall of Cybertron and Age of Extinction collide on June 24th. Check out the various covers below:
Goto Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25>> 245 total news articles in this section, 10 per page.