Today, DeNA and Hasbro revealed a variety of new character art for TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS, a new turn-based tactical combat game coming soon to iOS and Android.
TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS is the first game that lets players command a team of both AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON characters, strategically utilizing powerful abilities to defeat their opponents. TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS will feature over 75 iconic characters including classic heroes like Optimus Prime and Bumblebee joining forces with baddies like Megatron and Starscream. The art style mixes retro 80’s appeal with an anime twist that will resonate with Transformers fans both young and old.
In addition, here are some character bios DeNA provided to us:
Bumblebee is always ready for anything. He has an arsenal of gadgets designed just for him, which he can use to meet the needs of any mission. No matter where the Decepticons hide - whether they flee to the deepest ocean, or disappear into the clouds - Bumblebee is ready to pursue and destroy them.
Wheeljack was onboard the Ark ship that initially crashed on Earth. Equal parts medic and inventor, most of the Autobots' scientific advances have come from Wheeljack's lab. Enterprising and outgoing, he's always one of the most popular Autobots. His best invention is a near-impenetrable faceplate, which has been handy when volatile prototype inventions have literally exploded in his face. In combat, his seismic batons ward off enemies.
Autobots | Aerialbots (Hunter)
The newest member of the Aerialbots and the only member that is not a jet plane. His assault helicopter mode gives the team a member with VTOL and hovering capabilities, but he cannot match his teammates' top speed. Being the "new guy" and the slowest flyer of the group makes him feel like he has something to prove. Carries four tracker missiles that process a "spark lock" to their targets. With fellow Aerialbots forms "Superion."
There was a time when the name of Megatron was honored by many across Cybertron But power inevitably corrupts, and none are so powerful as mighty Megatron. Long ago, he forgot he was a hero, and became nothing more than a tyrant. The war he launched eventually drained his home planet of life. Not even the death of a world could sate his hunger for conquest.
Starscream commands one of the most fearsome military units from Cybertron: the Seekers. The squadron has brought him great power and glory, but that means nothing as long as Megatron is the one who rules the Decepticons. Until Starscream can claim that throne, he will have to be content to be king of the Seekers.
Thundercracker lives on fear. Special materials in his jet frame allow him to unleash controlled sonic detonations that can be heard 200 miles away. Streaking across the sky at Mach 6, he wants his enemies to hear him before they see him. He wants them to know he's coming, and cower in fear at their impending doom.
Decepticons | Stunticons (Soldier)
Nasty and underhanded - would rather be scrapped than lose. Prone to overheating, but possesses the greatest pure speed of any Stunticon. Adopting the alt-mode of an advanced concept Formula One race car gives him a sixth gear the Autobots cannot match, but leaves him with a slightly fragile vehicle mode. His fierce competitive streak and unmatched speed makes him the ideal "tip of the spear" for the Stunticon forces. With fellow Stunticons forms "Menasor."
Transformers: Age of Extinction - The Official Mobile Game unleashes The Silver Knight Event today. Silver Knight Optimus Prime joins The Official Age of Extinction Mobile Game.
Silver plated, supercharged and ready to unleash his force in the latest in-game event, The Silver Knight Optimus Prime comes to Transformers: Age of Extinction - The Official Mobile Game. Beginning today and running through January 14, players will be able to participate in The Silver Knight event for the chance to win the coveted Silver Knight Optimus Prime Vector Shield. Transformers: Age of Extinction - The Official Mobile Game, the thrilling 3D combat action runner mobile game based on the top grossing 2014 box office hit movie, is available for free on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and on Google Play for Android devices.
About The Silver Knight
Silver Knight Optimus Prime is unlike any Autobot and is equipped with a powerful sword and special shield. Players can raise this unique shield to protect themselves while absorbing powers from enemy attacks. Once the shield's energy meter is full, a great beam of light will deliver extreme damage to opponents. Players will wield unique powers by absorbing enemy attacks to conquer their foes!
Winners from the in-game event will be awarded with the Silver Knight Optimus Prime Vector Shield once the event ends. The Silver Knight is available now for purchase.
Transformers: Age of Extinction is available to download for free at:
DeNA and Hasbro Reveal New Mobile Game,
TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS
SAN FRANCISCO –December 10, 2014– DeNA and Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) today announced TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS, a new turn-based tactical combat game based on the TRANSFORMERS universe, is currently in development for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Android devices. In TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS, players will collect iconic TRANSFORMERS characters, assembling teams of AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS characters, including fan favorites found within the pages of the IDW Combiner Wars series, to battle friends and fans from around the globe. Players and TRANSFORMERS fans can pre-register to receive updates about the game and unlock powerful in-game content for everyone at launch at the website: http://www.transformersbattletactics.com.
TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TATICS will be available as a free download and will feature more than 75 classic TRANSFORMERS characters including OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, STARSCREAM, and BUMBLEBEE. Battles are swift and require strategic decision-making to propel players to victory. Each TRANSFORMERS character has unique stats and abilities, which shift as players convert them from robot to their alternate mode. The unique graphic style is inspired by the TRANSFORMERS Generations Combiner Wars characters and comic book series. TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS includes an expansive single-player campaign, story-driven in-game events and real-time player-vs-player (PvP) matches for players around the world to engage in strategic battles and rise to the top of the leaderboards.
"TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS blends fast action and strategic gameplay with a style TRANSFORMERS fans of all generations will appreciate,” said Barry Dorf, vice president of partnerships and alliances at DeNA. “From collecting new TRANSFORMERS to creating mash-up teams of AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS to battling against friends and fans around the world, players will have an epic amount of content to enjoy once the game ‘Rolls Out’ in 2015.”
TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS is the third title in an exclusive three-year agreement between DeNA and Hasbro to develop and publish mobile games based on the TRANSFORMERS franchise. Extending beyond the card-based battling in TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS and the runner action of TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION games – The Official Mobile Game, TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS marks the first mobile turn-based strategy game set in the beloved TRANSFORMERS universe.
"The strategic combat and visual style of TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS is a really fresh, fun and exciting take on the TRANSFORMERS brand,” said Mark Blecher, SVP Digital Gaming & Corporate Development at Hasbro, Inc.
TRANSFORMERS: BATTLE TACTICS will be available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and Android devices in 2015. To pre-register for updates about the game and unlock powerful in-game content for everyone at launch visit http://www.transformersbattletactics.com
Not long after the latest Transformers: Universe update, Jagex have published a press released confirming the arrival of two canonical characters into their game as signature bots: Autobot Wheeljack and Decepticon Knock Out! The two are tweaked designs of the Transformers: Prime incarnations, and can be seen in the mirrored images below. Check out the press release too.
9th September 2014: Jagex has confirmed today that both Wheeljack and Knock Out, known to fans worldwide as characters from the Transformers TV series, will appear as playable warriors within TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE.
Premature news of their inclusion reached media overnight. While Jagex is willing to confirm their plans to include these, and many other, signature bots, further details of their weapons, equipment, and special attacks will not be forthcoming at this time.
Mark Gerhard, Jagex CEO, said of the unscheduled reveal, “It’s regrettable that such recognisable faces from Transformers lore should prematurely appear in the public domain without the rightful fanfare they deserve. On a positive note we’re delighted that they’re already resonating strongly with both our existing players and the wider Transformers fan-base. It’s immensely encouraging to see this level of interest, especially as we look at our existing road map and the plans we have for the inclusion of many other signature favourites within the game later this year.”
Further details about both Wheeljack and Knock Out will be scheduled for release soon, as will additional information about Chromia and Flamewar – other lore-based warriors who were mentioned in the latest community update of 5 th September: https://www.transformersuniverse.com/en ... rse-050914
Anyone brave enough to experience killer team combat in TRANFORMERS UNIVERSE can play now by downloading the Windows or Mac thin client at http://www.transformersuniverse.com.
The folks at Jagex, the company behind the MOBA Transformers: Universe, have sent us a link to a new video episode of Under the Hood. This time round they focus on some of the people involved behind the scenes, including voice actors Frank Welker and Peter Cullen - check it out below!
Join us as we go behind the scenes of Transformers Universe, bring you closer to the guys that are making the game.
In this episode we catch-up with Vice President David Nicholson for some updates that have been dropping into the game, get top game tips from the team and some of our top players, and we head on over to LA to check in with the two major stars – Optimus Prime & Megatron! Learn more about the VO work they've been doing in-game and get a sneak peak at an upcoming project.
Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has posted information that shows there is a new Transformers Mystery of Convoy game coming soon. It will be developed for iOS and Android devices, and will star the Takara Tomy Q Transformers Optimus Prime as the main character. The original Mystery Of Convoy was released in Japan in 1986 on the Famicom gaming system and starred Ultra Magnus.
A Youtube video has provided some game play footage, as well as an advert for the Q Transformers figures. The video is provided by fellow TF fan, Walruslaw. The game has been redesigned to make the controls more accessible via touch control. The original game was well known for it's rather high level of difficulty and it seems the upcoming game has been tweaked to allow for a bit more ease in playing the game. The original game's music and the Decepticon symbol boss fight (yes, you read that right!) have been incorporated into the remake.
You can read more about the original game over at Wikipedia, by clicking here.
The images of the original and remake games, plus the video have been mirrored below:
Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
DeNA, the company behind the Transformers mobile games, such as Age Of Extinction and Legends, have provided us a list of tips and tricks to share with you. Contained within are tips and tricks to help you get the best gaming experience out of the official Age Of Extinction game.
Tips and Tricks
● Smaller Autobots can change from robot form to drive beneath some enemy attacks
● Equip colossal melee weapons to increase damage from hand to hand combat. Swing swords,
hammers, axes, etc to deliver massive damage
● Make sure to equip your most powerful ranged weapons to wreak havoc from afar. Fire rifles, cannons,
rockets, etc. to damage enemies in the distance
● Obstacles will slow you down and take your Autobot out of vehicle form. Try to avoid them if you can
● Some Autobots are so powerful that they can crash through obstacles without slowing down or
changing out of vehicle form
● When you change from vehicle to robot form, you will perform a melee attack. This attack is stronger
than your normal melee attack
● Use your ranged weapon to help lower an enemy's health even in missions where the objective is to
use your melee weapon but remember to finish them off with your melee weapon or it won't count
● A well timed dodge mixed with a melee attack works well against a charging melee enemy
● Even if you have completed all stars on a mission, you can replay it to earn XP, Energon Packs, and
● For score mission objectives, make sure you defeat all the enemies and pick up all the Energon Packs
● Keep ranged enemies in front of you, if you pass them they don't always return to the battlefield
Gear and Items
● Equip protective gear to increase the HP of your Autobots. Rarer gear may have bonus modifiers that
could increase XP or Energon Shards earned
● Make sure you equip appropriate gear when you switch between characters and remember that character specific gear is always the most effective - Example: Only Optimus Prime can equip "Optimus Prime's Transmetal Claymore"
● Gear has 5 rarities: Common (CO), Uncommon (UC), Rare (RA), Epic (EP), and Legendary (LG). The
rarer the gear, the better the stats and unique benefits
● If you have gear you don't need, you should sell it and use the Energon Shards to upgrade the gear
you'd like to use
● If enemies feel too strong make sure to use Energon Shards to upgrade your gear. The higher your
gear level, the more powerful it becomes
● Synergon is used to acquire new high-end gear from the store. It may also be used to Continue when you're defeated during a mission
● When you open the Space Bridge, a new gear item will be transported to you. The rarity of the gear
● Cyber Credits may be traded for some of the rarest gear from the Space Bridge
XP, Stars and Upgrading
● Your Autobots will earn XP from completing missions
● Even if you fail a mission you will still earn some XP for your efforts
● For every mission objective completed, you'll earn a star. Stars may be combined with your Autobots to
unlock and upgrade them
● Each mission has three different objectives. Complete all three objectives to earn stars used to unlock
and upgrade the Autobots
● To get the most out of your Autobots, you'll need to upgrade them with your stars. When an Autobot is
upgraded, its stats will go up and their max level will be increased
● Some Autobots require special items for upgrading in addition to Stars. Collect these items by completing certain mission objectives
● A small amount of your Energon reserves must be depleted in order to begin a mission. Energon will
recharge automatically over time
● Complete missions to earn Energon Shards. The Energon Shards you earn may be used to upgrade
the strength of your gear
● You can fully refill your Energon with Energon Recharge items
● When an enemy is defeated, it will drop an Energon Pack. Pick these up to complete objectives and
earn bigger mission rewards
● The Scout may look small but he packs quite a punch - Watch out for his charging melee attack
● The Gunner fires powerful ranged weapons at you as you battle your way down field. Avoid his attacks
and move in close for the kill
● The Beamer utilizes a concentrated energy weapon. Don't make the mistake of crossing his beam.
Multiple beamers on screen makes for a treacherous encounter
● The Miner carries hoards of explosive mines. When he drops them in your path, make sure to jump to
avoid them. If you let them stick around for too long they will lay down a group of devastating mines
● In certain missions, Lockdown will appear and try to destroy your Autobots. Avoid his rifle and laser sight before moving in for a crushing blow
● Each Autobot has a special ability specific to that character
● Bumblebee has a chance to collect more than 1 Energon Pack from a single enemy
● Optimus Prime has increased melee power and critical hit chance ● Hound has increased defense
● Crosshairs is proficient with ranged weapons
● Drift and Grimlock earn 50% more Energon Shards after each mission
Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in need and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Takara-Tomy's Wixoss collectable card game will feature a Transformers crossover with a card a girl cosplaying in a full G1 Optimus Prime costume. The card will be included in volume 3 series of the collectible cards. You can read more about the card game in the following link: