The 2016 Brand Licensing Expo is on and Hasbro has a big display. For Transformers fans, the biggest take away so far are new character portraits based on what Megatron, Bumblebee and Optimus will look like in the upcoming Transformers: The Last Knight film. These are giant cardboard cut outs and they are very reminiscent of the character profiles from Age of Extinction promotional posters. These were found on arun09345's instagram page.
TFcon has provided us with another update for the upcoming TFcon Chicago, and his name is Josh Burcham! Burcham is a colorist over at IDW Publishing and is well known for his inks in many on-shots and on some issues of More Than Meets The Eye. You can check out his profile for TFcon below, and remember that TFcon Chicago is only a few weeks away, so get your tickets if you haven't already!
We are happy to welcome IDW Publishing colorist Josh Burcham to TFcon Chicago 2016. Transformers fans will recognize his work from the pages of Transformers More Than Meets The Eye and dozens of other one shots and mini series. He will be in attendance all weekend and offering prints and commissions to the attendees.
Reporting from the floor at New York Comic Con 2016 overnight , a number of social media accounts - including TFU.info and the official IDW and Tom Scioli ones on Twitter - we have some summary coverage of the IDW Publishing panel at the event. There wasn't too much talked about in terms of Transformers, as expected from the schedule, as the big emphasis was on Revolution and its aftermath, but there are some notable points below:
- Some covers shown for Revolutionaries, the book that sees the continuation of Kup, Blackrock, Action Man GI Joe's stories after the main crossover. Art shown by Fico Ossio, Andrew Griffith, and Tone Rodriguez.
- A one-shot (?) issue in the style and from the creators of Aw Yeah Comics! Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani, titled Aw Yeah, Revolution! No more info on this yet, other than the cover.
- Annuals planned for February 2017 for The Transformers (with John Barber and Priscilla Tramontano on the team) and MASK (with David Rodriguez and Andrew Griffith).
- A one-shot, annual but not really, 'movie adaptation' but we're not sure how, spearheaded by its creator and sole comicsmith Tom Scioli, for Transformers vs G.I. Joe. In the words of Chris Ryall: some crossovers creators are straightforward, and some are Tom Scioli.
After seeing some stills from the Hasbro Twitch presentation, we are now able to bring you a video of the full event! Seibertron.com was able to get up to the second row from the designers themselves as they spoke about Transformers and what is to be coming soon. Unfortunately the room was loud and the microphones were not working fully, so the audio might be a bit tricky to hear, but you should be able to get all the important stuff you need from the video. Check it out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Even across countries and timezones, the Hasbro Transformers panel is still a thing that we can attend, thanks to the livestream from New York Comic Con 2016 - and here is a summary of what went down during the robotic half hour in NYC!
- Showing off the Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime voice changing helmet just revealed by Hollywood Reporter, with some of the voice clips, and some talk about Optimus in general.
- Talked about the process from movie to toy, what appeals to newer generations (with mentions to the 1986 animated movie, and the new Shout! Factory remastering).
- Dipping into the Machinima Combiner Wars animated series to segway into Prime Wars trilogy as a toy-first element (pretty much) Combiner Wars, Titans Return. Driving into Deluxe Twinferno, Perceptor (who is a working microscope!) - and finally, Sixshot.
- Sixshot: compared with G1 version, showing off the poseability, Phase Sixers name-dropped, Black Shadow brought out for comparison too. Shown how it splits in half for tank + jet sections, and Titan Master.
- Trypticon revealed! Well, his leg anyway (with ratcheted ankle tilts). Release is Fall 2017.
Directly from Hasbro over at New York Comic Con 2016, we have a reminder that they will given the spotlight for NYCCLive - a streaming service organised by the event - for their Transformers panel taking place. You will be able to tune in via this link, and the panel takes place at 1.15 to 1.45 pm ET - so make sure to pop by!
After the several photos sent to us directly from the Hasbro area at New York Comic Con 2016 for the upcoming Robots in Disguise line and its new Combiner Force direction, we have the official images from Hasbro themselves, featuring the likes of Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Strongarm, with newcomer Activators Stuntwing, Great Byte and Trickout. Check out the renders below, showing off the combined modes as well as the indivual ones!
UPDATED with images for the second version of Bumblebee and Strongarm, Optimus Prime, plus new character Skysledge, Stormhammer and a sample of combinations!
In other official images news from Hasbro's reveals at New York Comic Con 2016, we go into the Transformers Titans Return line (yet sometimes appearing as Titan Wars, for some reason - this may be a mistake) and the new Titan Masters, Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers and Leader class figures: from Repugnus and Shuffler, to Brawn, to Twinferno and Perceptor, to Triggerhappy and Getaway, plus Broadside and Blackshadow. Check them all out in their renders below, and compare to the floor pics here and here!
We have yet another update from the ever-approaching TFcon Chicago, taking place later this very month! The newest guest announced is Matt Moylan, famous for the LilFormers fan work, but also for his stint working at Dreamwave productions. Find out more info below!
TFcon is pleased to welcome Matt Moylan to TFcon Chicago 2016. He is best known to Transformers fans as the man behind LilFormers and a former editor and post production manager for Dreamwave Productions. You can meet him in the TFcon Chicago 2016 artist alley all weekend long.
The other video round-up from the Hasbro preview night at New York Comic Con 2016 focuses on the Transformers: Robots in Disguise - and the Duocon-like Combiner Force sub-line as revealed here and here - featuring the likes of Drift, Stormshot, Bludgeon, Blastwave and the regulars Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee. Check it out embedded below!
Goto Page: <<1, 2, 3, ... 353, 354, 355>> 3,543 total news articles in this section, 10 per page.
In order to comply with the FTC's endorsement guidelines, we hereby inform this site's viewers that we occasionally receive sample products, content, or other forms of media from various companies in order for us to provide content of interest to our readers. Some of the content on this site are sponsored posts for which we have been compensated. Some of the links to external sites posted on this site may automatically be converted to an affiliate link for which we may be compensated.
7,665 pages were recently viewed by 669 unique visitors. This page loaded in 0.15297 seconds and was viewed 1 times on Friday, December 2nd 2016 8:36pm CST