Wednesday, October 4th 2006 12:21pm CDT
Category: Toy News
Posted by: JelZe GoldRabbit
TheMuffin of SEIBERTRON.com
There have been several reports that Hasbro's version of the Beast Wars Megatron reissue, from the Toys 'R' Us exclusive two pack, have a loose 'ratchet-less' waists.
SEIBERTRON.com member TheMuffin
has investigated the matter and found the cause of the loose waist: a critical piece
that locks the waist down is missing! It appears this is not a one-off occurance, and there are possibly more Megatrons out there with that piece missing.
It appears only the Hasbro Toys 'R Us exclusive 2-pack Beast Wars Megatron that is affected, and not the Beast Wars Reborn versions from Takara.
You can find TheMuffin
's thread complete with images here
on the Energon Pub forums. If you have bought the Hasbro version of reissue Beast Wars Megatron and if it has floppy waist, let it be known!
Tuesday, October 3rd 2006 11:52am CDT
, Store News
, Toy News
Posted by: Alex Kingdom
King Slick, Walmart.com, ShGarland_1383
have added Transformers Classics
Voyager class Optimus Prime and Megatron to their online store.
The website has these marked as 'online only' however we have received the following report from Walmart employee King Slick
Spotted the cases during lunch while on my lunch break at the Wal-Mart in Casa Grande, AZ, store #1218...the cases read as follows: "Transformers Voyager Classic" which was different from simmiler cases also containing Transformers that read "Transformers Cybertron Voyager".
There were also cases marked "20th Aniversery Optimus Prime"...it is unknown if it is a return of the same 20th Aniversery release from last year or the pre-release figure/DVD (which appears to be a month early as the release was dated for mid-Nov., not early-October). Unfortunately I didn't bother to see if the associate working toys managed to some how put out the figures or not as I work in the grocery isles (and no, there are no signs of any Transformers fruit snacks...yet)
In addition we have unconfirmed Walmart sightings of Optimus Prime
reported at our Sighting Section
of our Energon Pub
forums has posted the following images of his Transformers Classic Voyager Class Optimus Prime purchaced of the shelf in Arizona. Looks like its official! Classics Voygers are available at Walmart!
Report your sightings and check availability of Transformers in your area at the SEIBERTRON.com Sightings Section
Monday, October 2nd 2006 6:08pm CDT
Category: Toy News
Posted by: Hotrod
Starscreams Ghost of Transformers @ The Moon
As the release date for the Transformers Movie
gets closer and closer, more news about movie merchandise gets out. The latest news comes from Starscreams Ghost of Transformers @ The Moon
. The news is about movie toys being released in the United Kingdom. Starscreams Ghost has reported that Optimus Prime and Screamer are the two figures that will be in the first case. There will be four of each figure in a case. Right now the figures are priced at £16.99.
Sunday, October 1st 2006 11:42am CDT
Category: Toy News
Posted by: Alex Kingdom
Air Commander Starscream
The Seibertron.com News Crew's own Air Commander Starscream
has posted a small review and pictures of his newly acquired Masterpiece MP-03 Starscream. Including images of the Transformation and instruction booklet. Read the review and see the images below:
For those of you who were wondering there is no diecast on the body itself. There are some metal pieces for the inner shoulders and some other places to help sturdiness of moving pieces however. The landing gears are made out of diecast however.
The instruction sheet has 5 different Squodron patches that you can put on him. One of those squodron patches is one for Waspinator. On the decal sheet you can pick what #'s you want to put on his tail, and there is even another sticker for Waspinator markings on the tail.
So far I am very please with how the figure looks and feel, and the sucker is nice and big and the flaps are really neat. As you guys know, the nose cone opens up to reveal the radar dome, the canopy opens, the air brake opens up, the noozles can thrust vector (though an F-15 can not do that in real life).
He does NOT come with a Megatron gun, and the Dr. Archevil is horribly painted with just being grey plastic with an white coat. That said the F-15 Alternate mode is one of the most beautifully detailed and perfectly done Transformer ever. Besides the color, this truly is a Masterpiece figure.
I did the actual transformation to botmode, the inside is a metal "frame" in the chest. Basically the entire chest and upper half of the body slides down to meet the hips and stuff. It feels durable.
There are a few posing issues in bot mode, he seems top heavy at some times. But that's what the stand is for...and my god that stand is really good. I have gotten him into so many great hovering poses.
Wing to wing: 8
chest to back of tail: 4
Bot mode is really impressive, I am really digging this Bot mode. Like I said above it has some stability issues in certain poses, but just the overall look and appeal of the figure really does it for me.
Click to see larger images:
Saturday, September 30th 2006 10:43am CDT
Categories: Company News
, Event News
, Toy News
Posted by: Alex Kingdom
It's what you've all been waiting for, Hasbro reveal new never before seen Transformers products live at BotCon 2006!
are reporting live from the event. Read thier report here
- Panel includes: Forest Lee, copyrighter for TFs. He comes up with the character bios on the packaging. Aaron Archer Toy Designer, Greg Lambardo Marketing Director, Eric Sabenhauler Toy Designer.
- Movie Toy line confirmed release date July 4th 2007.
- Two new movie preview figures will be released May 2nd 2007.
- Transformers Cybertron will end this year.
- Transformers Classics line is designed to fill the gaps between end of Cybertron and the beginning of the Movie Toy line. the thought process behind Classics is a continuation to G1, almost a sequel.
- Classics mini-cons. Started with as 2-packs but then switched to 3-packs explaining some unique parings. This was their first time doing beast minicons and it was a success they think.
- It has been requested that Oil Slick be repainted as big daddy. Fireflight was suppposed to be Poweglide, but they couldn't get that name. All the new mini-cons were shown in the cases yesterday at the Hasbro booth.
- Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron DVD Ultimate Battle 2-pack. The new molds for Prime and Megatron were inspired by G1 and G2. The concept behind the DVD is a sort of 'Transformers 101' chronicling Transformers over the years.
- Classics Bumblebee has been repainted as Cliffjumper. He will be in the Hasbro cases later today.
- Classics Jetfire's design is as close as they could get to the classic G1 form. Don decided to use that form for the comic. Hasbro says the jet-pack comes off.
- 20th Anniversary DVD Optimus Prime - They wanted to do something to celebration of the 20th Anniverary Transformer the Movie DVD re-release. Its the same mold as before and no DVD is included.
- Regarding the Trailer Archer said 'Takara has done one now and everything they do Hasbro has access. So you never know?'
- The G1 Soundwave reissue will be Toys 'R' Us exclusive with ravage and laserbeak and will hold both tapes. It will have a unique box and that will be in the display cases later today.
- No Classics Soundwave planned due to the Toy 'R' Us Reissue
- No plans for further G1 Reissues after Soundwave.
- Classic Devestator will be Wal-Mart exclusive. It appears to be an Energon Constructicon Maximus repaint. It will be in the display cases later today.
- Alternators will be ending before the movie. Decepticons Rumble and Ravage will be the last two figures. Rumble has no hands. Both will be displayed later today.
- However the Alternators may return after the movie. They feel the movie will help them broaden the scope for getting real licenses to do more with the line.
- The movie toy line will be a full line. It will be broad and have multiple scales.
- there will be a Titanium 6-inch Fallen and War Within Megatron set, 6-inch G1 Ultra Magnus (new mould) and 3-inch Predaking, War Within Grimlock will also be a Titanium 6-Inch figure.
- No plans for Titaniums larger than 6" and no combiners.
- The Characters chosen for the first wave of Classics were chosen because they wanted to do a broad variety recognisable characters.
- If the Classics line does well and they chose to continue Classics we are likely to see Cosmos, Jazz, Sideswpe and Sunstreaker.
- When asked about the recent Japanese prototype cell phone, camera and game machine figures they gave no comment
- Of the Takara Kiss Players line they said 'They are allowed to do in their market whatever they want but doesn't make sense to Hasbro. Whatever works for them'
- No plans for an animated DVD Classics movie but they said it was a cool idea.
- No plans for other Beast Wars toys right now other than those in Titanium.
- Transformers Heroes cartoon - Cant talk about it. Working title is just a hasbro title. It will be an American based developed show.
- The Cadillac XLR Alternator was something they were looking into but dropped since Altrenators went on hiatus. - It would have been Megatron!
- When asked about the possible Cybertron Traffic light (Signal Lancer) figure they said 'Maybe if they find a home for it'.
- When asked about who had more input in the Movie designs, hasbro or Michael Bay, they answered 'Its a great partnership. Trying to make cool characters that looked good on the screen, but wanted to have some heritage. Its been fun.'
- The G1 Seacons that were rumoured to be released as part of Universe are done and ready but Hasbro are looking for a home for them.
- No plans for other Classics combiners other than Devastator and maybe Seacons. If they do them they would most likly be as part of Classics.
- No plans to release Cybertron Blue Screapmetal.
- The Tan Abrams tank artwork seen online was a fan made experiment by friends of Hasbro outside of company.
- No plans for Fortress Maximus sized figures.
- The voice stand for 20th Anniversary DVD Prime was voiced by a hired 'local guy'. Hasbro wanted Peter Cullen but they had just developed a relationship with Sony so they couldn't get the sound clips. Also they didn't want interfere with Peters work on the new movie.
The panel ended with a clip from the forthcoming movie. Included images of Prime as Truck, an Autobot hood ornament on prime, an Army Scenes, lots of explosions, no scenes showing anything in robot mode.
See all the new Transformers products revealed at BotCon in our Hasbro's Toy Display Cases Photogallery
Check out all the BotCon 2006 News Coverage here