Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has posted information that shows there is a new Transformers Mystery of Convoy game coming soon. It will be developed for iOS and Android devices, and will star the Takara Tomy Q Transformers Optimus Prime as the main character. The original Mystery Of Convoy was released in Japan in 1986 on the Famicom gaming system and starred Ultra Magnus.
A Youtube video has provided some game play footage, as well as an advert for the Q Transformers figures. The video is provided by fellow TF fan, Walruslaw. The game has been redesigned to make the controls more accessible via touch control. The original game was well known for it's rather high level of difficulty and it seems the upcoming game has been tweaked to allow for a bit more ease in playing the game. The original game's music and the Decepticon symbol boss fight (yes, you read that right!) have been incorporated into the remake.
You can read more about the original game over at Wikipedia, by clicking here.
The images of the original and remake games, plus the video have been mirrored below:
Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
DeNA, the company behind the Transformers mobile games, such as Age Of Extinction and Legends, have provided us a list of tips and tricks to share with you. Contained within are tips and tricks to help you get the best gaming experience out of the official Age Of Extinction game.
Tips and Tricks
● Smaller Autobots can change from robot form to drive beneath some enemy attacks
● Equip colossal melee weapons to increase damage from hand to hand combat. Swing swords,
hammers, axes, etc to deliver massive damage
● Make sure to equip your most powerful ranged weapons to wreak havoc from afar. Fire rifles, cannons,
rockets, etc. to damage enemies in the distance
● Obstacles will slow you down and take your Autobot out of vehicle form. Try to avoid them if you can
● Some Autobots are so powerful that they can crash through obstacles without slowing down or
changing out of vehicle form
● When you change from vehicle to robot form, you will perform a melee attack. This attack is stronger
than your normal melee attack
● Use your ranged weapon to help lower an enemy's health even in missions where the objective is to
use your melee weapon but remember to finish them off with your melee weapon or it won't count
● A well timed dodge mixed with a melee attack works well against a charging melee enemy
● Even if you have completed all stars on a mission, you can replay it to earn XP, Energon Packs, and
● For score mission objectives, make sure you defeat all the enemies and pick up all the Energon Packs
● Keep ranged enemies in front of you, if you pass them they don't always return to the battlefield
Gear and Items
● Equip protective gear to increase the HP of your Autobots. Rarer gear may have bonus modifiers that
could increase XP or Energon Shards earned
● Make sure you equip appropriate gear when you switch between characters and remember that character specific gear is always the most effective - Example: Only Optimus Prime can equip "Optimus Prime's Transmetal Claymore"
● Gear has 5 rarities: Common (CO), Uncommon (UC), Rare (RA), Epic (EP), and Legendary (LG). The
rarer the gear, the better the stats and unique benefits
● If you have gear you don't need, you should sell it and use the Energon Shards to upgrade the gear
you'd like to use
● If enemies feel too strong make sure to use Energon Shards to upgrade your gear. The higher your
gear level, the more powerful it becomes
● Synergon is used to acquire new high-end gear from the store. It may also be used to Continue when you're defeated during a mission
● When you open the Space Bridge, a new gear item will be transported to you. The rarity of the gear
● Cyber Credits may be traded for some of the rarest gear from the Space Bridge
XP, Stars and Upgrading
● Your Autobots will earn XP from completing missions
● Even if you fail a mission you will still earn some XP for your efforts
● For every mission objective completed, you'll earn a star. Stars may be combined with your Autobots to
unlock and upgrade them
● Each mission has three different objectives. Complete all three objectives to earn stars used to unlock
and upgrade the Autobots
● To get the most out of your Autobots, you'll need to upgrade them with your stars. When an Autobot is
upgraded, its stats will go up and their max level will be increased
● Some Autobots require special items for upgrading in addition to Stars. Collect these items by completing certain mission objectives
● A small amount of your Energon reserves must be depleted in order to begin a mission. Energon will
recharge automatically over time
● Complete missions to earn Energon Shards. The Energon Shards you earn may be used to upgrade
the strength of your gear
● You can fully refill your Energon with Energon Recharge items
● When an enemy is defeated, it will drop an Energon Pack. Pick these up to complete objectives and
earn bigger mission rewards
● The Scout may look small but he packs quite a punch - Watch out for his charging melee attack
● The Gunner fires powerful ranged weapons at you as you battle your way down field. Avoid his attacks
and move in close for the kill
● The Beamer utilizes a concentrated energy weapon. Don't make the mistake of crossing his beam.
Multiple beamers on screen makes for a treacherous encounter
● The Miner carries hoards of explosive mines. When he drops them in your path, make sure to jump to
avoid them. If you let them stick around for too long they will lay down a group of devastating mines
● In certain missions, Lockdown will appear and try to destroy your Autobots. Avoid his rifle and laser sight before moving in for a crushing blow
● Each Autobot has a special ability specific to that character
● Bumblebee has a chance to collect more than 1 Energon Pack from a single enemy
● Optimus Prime has increased melee power and critical hit chance ● Hound has increased defense
● Crosshairs is proficient with ranged weapons
● Drift and Grimlock earn 50% more Energon Shards after each mission
Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in need and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Takara-Tomy's Wixoss collectable card game will feature a Transformers crossover with a card a girl cosplaying in a full G1 Optimus Prime costume. The card will be included in volume 3 series of the collectible cards. You can read more about the card game in the following link:
Once again from the fine folks over on the Transformers Columbia Facebook page, we now have some official character art for Hasbro/Roxio's upcoming Transformers/Angry Birds mash-up. The characters include the Angry Bird's versions of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Soundwave, and more. You can find out more about this collaboration by clicking here.
Due some technical issues with last week's "Me, Grimlock, King!" installment of Transformers Legends DeNA has announced they will be re-running the episode this week. The episode starts today at 5:00.
Hey TRANSFORMERS Legends fans,
Last week the team episode “ME, GRIMLOCK, KING!” had issues that may have prevented players from fully enjoying the episode or earning the top reward card. We’ve decided to re-run this episode this week, Pre-registration will start Wednesday at 4pm and the episode will start Thursday at 5pm.
Episode cards earned in the last “ME, GRIMLOCK, KING!” episode; OPTIMUS PRIME, WHEELJACK, SHOCKWAVE, AND MEGATRON will get episode an bonus again and these cards will be available in the Space Bridge.
We hope this gives everyone a chance to play the episode without issues and get another chance at scoring that awesome Grimlock card.
Let's take a break from the console version of the upcoming video game Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark by Edge of Reality, shall we? Thanks to Siliconera.com, we have some details of the upcoming game's 3DS counterpart. Here's the breakdown:
* Gameplay seems similar to the Transformers mobile game, Transformers: G1 Awakening, in which characters move around on a 2D landscape, and switches to 3D during battles between characters.
* Each character has seven different attacks of varying strength, each one needing an escalating number of points to use.
* Points are earned by a character each turn, with bonus points awarded for blocking enemy attacks.
* Part of the strategy sounds set to revolve around picking whether to employ low-level attacks to harass enemies, or to take a few rounds to stock some points to bring out a more powerful attack.
* Each character has a character-specific super move, which is activated by using a specific amount of Energon, limited for each mission, so strategizing when to use these moves are paramount. An example of this is Optimus Prime's Vanguard ability, which makes enemies focus on Optimus to give other allies time to withdraw or regroup.
Also included in the article were three in-game images, which have been mirrored below for your viewing convenience:
Thanks from a tip by Seibertron.com user NECRONOMICON, we are pointed in the direction of the Xbox Achievements and PlayStation Trophies of the upcoming video game, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark! They are as follows:
Aligned - Choose your allegiance.
Peace through Tyranny - Defeat 250 Autobots.
It Was An Honor - Defeat 250 Decepticons or mercenaries.
Short Circuit - Reach Level 5.
Perfect - Reach Level 10.
You Got The Touch - Reach Level 25.
Covenant of Primus - Activate Prime Mode.
It’s The Thought That Counts - Open 3 Gear Boxes.
Tough - Make it through Wave 5 in Escalation.
Double Tough - Make it through Wave 10 in Escalation.
Double Tough Hard - Make it through Wave 15 in Escalation.
Hmm, Upgrades - Upgrade any installation to max level in Escalation.
You Get Nothing, Good Day Sir - Slow down the reverse engineering project.
Make Peace, Not War - Destroy Lockdown's Weapon Caches.
Somebody's Watching Me - Find all the Stalker's Observations.
Make It Rain - Discover the fate of the Entrepreneur.
Spoils of War - Listen to all the Veteran's laments.
Snitches Get Stitches - As Drift, destroy all the Anti-Alien Propaganda Billboards.
My Blade Has Tasted Better - As Drift, defeat 25 enemies with the Blade Dash ability.
Spectacularly Amazing! - As Sideswipe, get through the whole chasm using less than 6 grapples.
Softly Softly Catchee Monkey - As Swindle, defeat Cliffjumper without causing any collateral damage.
No One Gets Outta Here Alive! - Destroy everything outside the Gates of Kaon.
What Could Go Wrong? - As Optimus, complete the rescue of Cliffjumper without using the turret.
I'd Like To Leave Here Please - As Jetfire, escape the ruins of Trypticon without taking any damage from the laser gates.
Sting Like A... - As Bumblebee, defeat a sniper with a melee attack.
Tread Lightly - As Grimlock, prevent Optimus from falling below 50% health while defending him.
Give Me The News Doc - Heal 50000 health points amongst you and your allies.
Need... Oil... Can - Defeat 75 enemies that are slowed.
Bleeding Edge - Complete the game with a HACK active.
Of Merit and Distinction - Earn 250 Combat Distinctions.
Challenge Accepted - Complete 50 Challenges.
Blasters! Blasters! Blasters! - Unlock every weapon.
This Weapon of Iron & Wood - Fully upgrade a primary weapon.
VROOM-pire! - Defeat 50 enemies by siphoning their health away with the Energon Harvester.
Y U Heff 2 B Mad? - Use the V32.Cybr Corrupt@r on a Power Foe and have them defeat an enemy.
Shadow Company - Defeat 25 enemies after using the Cloak ability.
Thumbs Up Soldier! - Defeat 35 enemies using throwback damage from the Kinetic Capacitor Shield ability.
Marked for Destruction - Defeat 50 enemies marked with E.D.U.
Turret Buddy - Defeat 25 enemies with your Battle Sentry.
healing.exe - Repair 5000 points of damage with your Repair Sentry.
Quartermaster - Resupply 250 times with the Ammo Supply Core.
Totally OP - Defeat 100 enemies with the Riot Cannon.
I Hope You Have Insurance - Heal 15000 health points with your Heal Beam.
Scrapped - Use Explosive Path to defeat 35 enemies.
Tormenta - Use Thunder Blast to earn 35 multi kills.
Loadsa Money - Earn 25000 Energon Shards.
What Does This Do? - Use 50 T.E.C.H.
It's Not A Sprint - Drive or Fly 26 miles (42km).
[b]Full Metal Jacket[/b] - Reload 1000 times.
Welcome to Earth! - Defeat Lockdown.
Fans of the previous games will notice that there seems to be no achievements/trophies for competitive multiplayer. Does this mean that there will only be Campaign and Escalation modes? Will this affect your decision in purchasing this game? Share your thoughts in the Energon Pup forums!
DeNA and Hasbro Reveal TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION – The Official Mobile Game is in Development
SAN FRANCISCO – May 13, 2014 – DeNA Co., Ltd. (TSE: 2432) and Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) today announced TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, the official mobile game to one of the most anticipated movies of 2014, TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, is currently in development for Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Directed by Michael Bay, the film is in theaters on June 27th from Paramount Pictures.
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION – The Official Mobile Game is the second title in an exclusive three-year agreement between the two companies to develop and publish mobile games based on the TRANSFORMERS franchise. This new free-to-play game marks the first time that DeNA has developed a movie licensed game for mobile.
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION – The Official Mobile Game is an all-new 3D combat runner game where the players’ mission is to take down new enemies featured in the movie as they run, dash, and change forms through fast-paced missions with their formidable cast of AUTOBOT heroes. Players fight and smash their way through a range of environments and enemies in this fast-paced action gameplay experience.
"The TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION mobile game will deliver an explosive interactive entertainment experience on mobile devices for TRANSFORMERS fans and consumers looking to extend their movie experience after the credits roll,” said Barry Dorf, vice president of partnerships and alliances at DeNA. “This isn’t your typical runner game; this game puts the player in the middle of an action-packed Hollywood blockbuster where it’s destroy or be destroyed!”
"DeNA is creating a fresh and innovative gameplay experience with TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION that translates big screen action moments onto mobile devices,” said Mark Blecher, SVP Digital Gaming & Corporate Development at Hasbro, Inc.
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION – The Official Game will be available for Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch later this year.
To receive a free Rare Transmetal Rocket Launcher designed specifically for Decepticon obliteration, players can pre-register for the game by logging in with their Facebook accounts at http://www.transformers-mobile.com.
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION is the fourth film in director Michael Bay’s global blockbuster franchise. Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Li Bingbing, Kelsey Grammer, Sophia Myles, T. J. Miller, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor and Titus Welliver star. The film begins after an epic battle that left a great city torn, but with the world saved. As humanity picks up the pieces, a shadowy group reveals itself in an attempt to control the direction of history… while an ancient, powerful new menace sets Earth in its crosshairs. With help from a new cast of humans, OPTIMUS PRIME (voiced by Peter Cullen) and the AUTOBOTS rise to meet their most fearsome challenge yet. In an incredible adventure, they are swept up in a war of good and evil, ultimately leading to a climactic battle across the world.
Produced By Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo Di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce.
Based on Hasbro’s Transformers™ Action Figures. Written By Ehren Kruger. Directed By Michael Bay.
DeNA (pronounced "D-N-A") is a global leader of developing and operating mobile services including free-to-play games, e-commerce and other online offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with offices and game development studios across the globe. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: http://www.dena.com
About Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company dedicated to fulfilling the fundamental need for play for children and families through the creative expression of the Company’s world class brand portfolio, including TRANSFORMERS, MONOPOLY, PLAY-DOH, MY LITTLE PONY, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, NERF and LITTLEST PET SHOP. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with innovative play and entertainment experiences, in a variety of forms and formats, anytime and anywhere. The Company's Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for more than 180 markets around the world, and for the U.S. on Hub Network, part of a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at http://www.hasbro.com.
Multi-talented voice actor, podcaster and fellow Seibertron.com user and Transformers fan jON3.0 has started taking his Optimus Prime voice in different directions, shifting from figure reviews to gameplay, featuring Optimus himself! And with the upcoming Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark videogame, which shares some of the aesthetics, we take a look at the first Activision/High Moon Studio game: War for Cybertron. Check out the embedded video below.
Seibertron.com members Primeultimus and Va'al came across a news article over at GameNGuide that talks about an Activision sale on the PC gaming client, Steam. Among those titles are the War For/Fall Of Cybertron games from the Aligned Continuity/Transformers Prime universe.
Fall Of Cybertron has steadily kept it's rather high price tag of $50.00, and even sales weren't cutting the price too low. Until now! Steam is selling Fall Of Cybertron for $14.99! Not to be outdone, War For Cybertron can be obtained for $4.99! Plus the FOC DLC can be purchased separately or in a bundle for $7.47!
If you were waiting for a good price to help you jump into the world of Transformers gaming, there's no better time than right now, so click either of the links below and you'll take your first step towards being Optimus Prime instead of just watching him on screen.
The sale ends Sunday morning, May 4th at 10:00 AM PDT (1:00 PM EDT)
For Fall Of Cybertron, click here.
You can also obtain the DLC at a discounted rate on that same page.