TRANSFORMERS™: FALL OF CYBERTRON
The successor to the highest-rated Transformers game of all time and in development by the acclaimed team at High Moon Studios, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron allows players to experience the darkest hours of the war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they vie for control of their dying home world. Fans will fight through both sides of the Transformers’ most epic battles that culminate in their legendary exodus from Cybertron. With the stakes higher and scale bigger than ever, fans will embark on an action-packed journey through massive, war-torn environments designed around each character’s unique abilities and alternate forms, including GRIMLOCK’s nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary COMBATICONS combining into the colossal BRUTICUS. Taking the franchise’s competitive multiplayer to all-new heights, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron lets fans go head-to-head in blistering AUTOBOT vs. DECEPTICON matches after creating their own unique characters with the most in-depth, advanced customization ever before seen in a Transformers game.
- The Fall of their Legendary Home Planet - Set in a desolate, post-apocalyptic era, the game thrusts players straight into an epic Transformers story where they will explore the devastated ruins of Cybertron and fight through the final, darkest hours of the war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS.
- Colossal Scale to Win the Battle - In a desperate war for survival, fans will be able to convert from robot to alternate form when they choose to turn the tides of battle. GRIMLOCK can change into a powerful T-Rex DINOBOT for super strength and fire-breathing attack, and the COMBATICONS can combine into the massive BRUTICUS to dominate his enemies with sheer size and power.
- New and Unique Gameplay for Each Character - Every Transformers character is equipped with distinct abilities and personalities that are suited for each of the diverse missions in the game. AUTOBOT JAZZ can deploy his grappling hook to traverse across multi-level platforms. CLIFFJUMPER can cloak himself invisible to perform undetected stealth kills on his enemies. OPTIMUS PRIME can call in targeted artillery strikes from the sky. Additionally, countless characters make their very first in-game debut including GRIMLOCK, BRUTICUS, METROPLEX, the INSECTICONS and more.
- The Biggest Character Creator Ever - Adding and vastly improving upon their acclaimed multiplayer gameplay from War for Cybertron, High Moon Studios has developed the most robust character creator ever seen in a Transformers game, allowing fans to design 100% personalized characters by choosing their individual body parts, colors, vehicle shapes, weapons, abilities and much, much more. Gamers can then take them online to go head-to-head in brutal AUTOBOT vs. DECEPTICON matches to prove their supremacy.
Publisher: Activision Publishing, Inc.
Developer: High Moon Studios (Xbox 360, PS3)
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Platforms: Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system
Suggested Retail Price: $59.99 (Xbox 360, PS3)
ESRB Rating: Not yet rated by the ESRB
HASBRO and its logo, TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2012 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
This Cyber Monday, get an exclusive first look at the barren desert called the Sea of Rust from upcoming video game Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. It is a harsh and desolate wasteland full of the fallen corpses of an ancient Cybertronian civilization. However, deep within these ruins lies a vital lifeline, one of the last remaining reservoirs of Energon that could be used to power the Autobots’ final exodus…
DevastaTTor wrote:Here's my recap of today's (March 11th) panel at Cybertron Con. Pretty long but I wanted to make sure I covered everything.
Today I attended day 1 of Cybertron Con in Singapore. I attended the Hasbro/Takara Tomy Brand Development and Products panel discussion. Here are my notes-I apologize that they’re a little spotty: was hard to write and shoot pictures at the same time.
Today’s panel consisted of:
- Hasbro Transformers Global Brand Director, Jerry Jiovin
- Hasbro Transformers Global Brand Design & Development Vice President, Aaron Archer
- Takara Tomy Transformers Design Legend Hideaki Yoke
- Takara Tomy Transformers Executive Kei Ikezawa (missed his actual title)
MAIN PRESENTATION - 2:00-2:30PM
Jerry Jiovin was the MC for the presentation portion of the Brand/Product panel. He discussed a lot of different products lines in 30 minutes and included video clips as he introduced each of the topics.
Universal Studios Transformers: The Ride
1. Discussed how happy they were about the recent launch of the ride in Singapore and about the upcoming May opening for the Transformers ride in Hollywood.
2. Showed the Super Bowl spot for launch of the ride in the US
3. Slide for Universal exclusive Evac, both Legion and Deluxe class figures
4. Slide for Universal release of DOTM deluxe Bumblebee and Optimus Prime (with Mech Tech)
5. Slide for Universal release of DOTM voyager Optimus Prime and Megatron
6. All Universal figures will be in special packaging and only available in the park stores in May.
Transformers Universe MMO/3rd Person Game
1. Launching the game online in late 2012/early 2013
2. Jagex Studios primary developer for game, Net Dragon developing game for China market
3. Expecting online and viral marketing campaign coming soon
4. Game features 4 playable characters in 6 different worlds/environments
5. Showed the trailer for the game
6. Slides featuring Defensor and Megatron shown along with some game screen shots
Transformers Rescue Bots
1. Showed introductory slide for the new program
2. Previewed the trailer for the show
3. Several slides highlighting the current product line: individual figures and play sets
4. Plans in place to launch Rescue Bots in Asian markets soon
Transformers Kre-O Building Sets
1. Announced upcoming releases: 29 new Kreons figures and 16 new Transformer robot sets
2. Showed the commercial where Bumblebee dances at the stop light.
1. Highlighted all the Asian channels/providers currently carrying
2. Showed extended trailer – believe it was for season 2
3. Jerry admitted that he hasn’t been this excited about a Transformers show since G1 during his youth; loves the current story line and future potential.
4. For some reason, the Movie Trilogy toys were slotted in the middle of the Transformers Prime segments – showed slide with Asia-only DOTM repaints including Soundblaster and G1-head Wheeljack (slide also included Movie Ride Evac) and another slide for the Movie Trilogy Optimus Prime with trailer (deluxe sixed, not Con exclusive)
5. Multiple slides highlighting the current Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise figures, one featuring the upcoming Knockout and Hot Shot figures (deluxe wave 3).
6. Introduced the Weaponizers, Prime figures with weapons that pop-out in both robot and alt modes – slides featured Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, initial release Fall 2012.
7. Slide for Prime remote control toys: initial wave includes two cars, Bumblebee and Knockout. Both can transform from car to robot via the remote control. Coming fall 2012.
8. Additional slides for the Prime Entertainment Pack we saw recently along with images of the current Cyberverse Legion and Commander figures (including Ironhide) and the vehicle play sets.
9. Cyberverse scale chart comparing the Legion and Commander class figures to the upcoming Optimus Maximus figure/play set. Will hold 9 Cyberverse figures-releasing falls 2012.
10. Final slide with the packaging.
1. Describes them as “snack-sized samurais” with singular purpose to brawl.
2. Global launch of figures and online game: March 1. Player vs. player game launching May 1. Games not yet available in all markets.
3. Shows Bot Shots commercial
4. Several slides of the Bot Shot products including the recently released Optimus Prime and Megatron launchers.
5. Put emphasis on the chase variants of Bot Shots-clear versions
6. Showed several screen shots of the online game
1. Transformers Fall of Cybertron game will be the big focus for the upcoming Generations figures
2. Showed the game trailer
3. Slides showing all of the deluxe figures we’ve already seen: Prime (v2), Jazz, Shockwave and the Bruticus figures.
4. Interestingly, during the Q&A session, one fan asked if they’d be releasing a more game accurate colored version of Bruticus. Jerry said that they’re actually still working on the final colors for the initial release-are aware of fan comments online.
CYBERTRON CON REVEALS AND Q&A SESSION - 2:30-2:55PM
End of Main Part of Presentation, on to Cybertron Con 2012 exclusive reveals.
• First up, Prime Robots in Disguise wave 5 figures Sargent Kup and Rumble. See my earlier post for more and pictures.
• Next, Asia-only repaints for additional G1 characters. See news post for more.
• Big surprise: previewed 2013 Generations release of Fall of Cybertron Starscream. See news post for more.
Didn’t get notes on all of the questions but here are a few that stood out-questions and answers are paraphrased below.
1. Q: Are you planning on releasing any additional Leader class figures for the DOTM movie line?
A: No, but we missed an opportunity to produce a Leader Shockwave. Underestimate the importance of the figure in the movie.
2. (This one was a cringe-worthy moment) Q: Third party toy makers are producing some amazing toys. Any plans to collaborate with one to produce what could be the most incredible Transformer ever?
A: No. We do not condone what they do and would never work with them.
3. Q: Any plans for a release of a Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock?
A: Stay tuned…
4. Q: What other Generations figures are in the pipeline right now?
A: Right now, big focus is Fall of Cybertron figures-nothing else at this time but more to come afterward.
5. Q: Any plans for Dino from Dark of the Moon.
A: No, Ferrari would allow the license for it.
6. Q: Any plans for a Beast Wars or Victory revival (actually two questions)?
A: They’re working on a lot of new ideas that will extend show into new areas while bringing back original concepts from the past.
7. Q: What’s the working title for Transformers 4?
A: Just calling it Next Transformers movie for now.
8. Q: (To Yoke-san) Looking back, what is your favorite Transformer?
A: (disappoint most fans) currently likes the Prime deluxe Vehicon. (whatever)
9. Q: Any plans to produce the other Dreads from Dark of the Moon?
A: No, movie line is over mostly over for now.
End of Presentation
Will add, one touching moment during the Q&A session, one fan was nearly moved to tear with addressing Yoke-san.
Before a huge crowd for the Hasbro/Takara Tomy Brand Development and Product Panel Discussion, Hasbro revealed the first Generations figure to be released as part of wave 1 in 2013: deluxe class Starscream.
Transformers Global Brand Director, Jerry Jiovin, also teased the crowed a little with the potential for the release of FOC Grimlock. When asked by a member of the crowd if we'd see him in the same wave, he sheepishly grinned and answered " Stay tuned..."
It's Cyber Monday, and we've got a hot new screenshot from Transformers: Fall of Cybertron! With his Autobots on the brink of defeat, Optimus Prime overlooks their last bastion of hope and chance for survival: the Ark…
News Categories: View All Categories, 3rd Party News, Auctions, Book News, Cartoon News, Collectables, Collector's Club News, Comic Book News, Company News, Contests, Editorials, Event News, Game News, Heavy Metal War, Interviews, Knock Offs, Media, Movie News, People News, Podcast, Press Releases, Reviews, Rumors, Sightings, Site Articles, Site News, Sponsor News, Store News, Top Lists, Toy News, Transtopia