If you were a fan of such lines as Robot Heroes or Animated Activators, then you'll be happy to hear about a new line from Hasbro's Playskool, Transformers Rescue Bots! Your favorite heroes such as Optimus Prime and Bumblebee interact with Playskool Heroes who are outfitted in colors similar to their larger brethren. These easy to transform toys look to be great fun for any toddler! Check out 42 images of the new Playskool toys in the galleries!
Seibertron.com galleries for the coverage of the Toy Fair 2011 held at New York are up!
In this news article, we will concentrate on the hotly anticipated toy line for the year - Transformers Dark Of The Moon toys.
This year movie figures have some common features - TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figure. See Hasbro official description of this line:
"TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH Action Figures
One of the most innovative toy lines in history introduces the next revolution in TRANSFORMERS action figures with the new MECHTECH line. Each TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figure comes with a unique converting MECHTECH weapon that is interchangeable with all other core TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures. MECHTECH weapons can connect to each other or to TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures to “power-up” the figure. Leading the way in this new expression is the MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME action figure, one of the largest, most impressive TRANSFORMERS action figures.
• TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Action Figure
(Approximate retail price: $79.99: Ages: 5 & up; Available: 8/1/2011)
With the upcoming TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON movie, one of the most iconic characters in the TRANSFORMERS lore will capture the spotlight as his heroic story becomes the focus of the first-ever 3D TRANSFORMERS movie. Now, an action figure befitting such an icon will be available with the new TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME action figure. The figure includes the AUTOBOT leader’s classic trailer that doubles as a weapons arsenal and is an integral part of the figure’s converting play pattern. The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME figure features three modes of conversion – vehicle, robot, and robot with “mech suit.” –The trailer, which serves as a weapons depot and command center, also converts into a “mech suit” that OPTIMUS PRIME shows off when it’s time to rumble. Featuring lights, launching projectiles, electronic battle sounds and OPTIMUS PRIME phrases, this is the must-have item for kids and fans alike. 3 AA batteries included.
• TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH LEADER Action Figure Assortment
(Approximate retail price: $39.99: Ages: 5 & up; Available: 5/16/2011)
The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH action figures each come with a unique converting MECHTECH weapon that is interchangeable with all other core TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures. The weapons from each figure can connect with weapons from other figures for more powerful play. The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH TRANSFORMERS LEADER class assortment offers a large scale with tremendous character detail, includes lights and sounds, converts from robot to vehicle and comes with a large MECHTECH weapon. Characters include BUMBLEBEE, IRONHIDE and more. Each figure sold separately. 2 AA batteries included.
• TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH VOYAGER CLASS and DELUXE Action Figure Assortments
(Approximate retail price: Voyager $11.99; Deluxe $19.99: Ages: 5 & up; Available: 5/16/2011)
The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH line of action figures each come with a unique converting MECHTECH weapon that is interchangeable with all other core TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH figures. Each figure’s weapon can connect with weapons from other figures for more powerful play. The figures in the TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH TRANSFORMERS VOYAGER CLASS scale convert from robot to vehicle and offer a unique MECHTECH weapon. VOYAGER CLASS characters include OPTIMUS PRIME, IRONHIDE and MEGATRON. The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH DELUXE figures are the smallest scale of the series and offer a wide breadth of AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON characters, including BUMBLEBEE, RATCHET and STARSCREAM. Each figure sold separately. "
Let's move on to the toy images. Feel free to click any of the images that will lead you to the full gallery.
The Revenge of the Fallen toy line gave birth to the Human Alliance concept, and now with the release of the Dark Of The Moon toy line, the concept has branched off into Scout sized figures! We've got our first look at the first waves of MechTech Human Alliance, which features repaints of Bumblebee and Skids in their Dark Of The Moon colors. Sam accompanies Bumblebee, while Sgt. Epps and Elita-1 are with Skids. The first waves of Scout sized figures include a snowmobile, Ice Pick with Sgt. Chaos, and the dune buggy, Sandstorm with Private Dedcliff. Talk about army building! 21 images for you to enjoy in the galleries!
We have a whole bunch of videos coming through from Seibertron.com staff members Seibertron and Counterpunch who are at Toy Fair 2011. We have a video of the toys that tie in with the Transformers: Prime cartoon:
A video of Optimus Prime's shiny alt mode for Dark Of The Moon:
Seibertron staff members - Seibertron & Counterpunch are at Toy Fair 2011, New York to bring you the latest updates regarding Transformers toys as well as related products information.
Transformers Dark Of The Moon Live Action Movie
- TF3 has a much deeper Transformers / robot story
- Much more serious tone, slapstick humor gone/reduced
- Filmed in 3d, tailor made for 3D
Transformers Dark of the Moon Movie Toys launch May 16th
Mechtech (regular line) - Cyberverse (expanded world Scouts / Legends) - Robo Power
Mechtech weapons are interchangeable across all core figures, combination play for more power
- Cyberverse - Collect the World!
- Cyberverse Legion wave 1 - Topsin, Sideswipe, Bumblebee, Crankcase
Commander wave (similar to scouts) - Ironhide and Optimus Prime, Megatron, Sentinel Prime (over 30 figures to collect in the Cyberverse world)
Starscream with triple changing vehicle
- Voyager Megatron mack truck, new Ironhide, new Voyager Optimus Prime, wave 2 Shockwave
- Leader class Sentinel Prime (firetruck), Leader Bumblebee w/ lights and sounds, Leader Class Ironhide
- Ultimate Optimus Prime stands over 22" tall, Peter Cullen voice
- Human Alliance Stealth Bumblebee (black) with Sam
Skids with Elita-1 and Sgt Epps
HA Basic Spike Witwicky & Backfire, Ice Pick (snowmobile) with Sgt. Chaos
- Bumblebee with triple changing vehicle
- Autobot Ark with Roller - Ark converts into Battle Station playset (fall launch)
Kre-o Transformers (building blocks)
* product innovation
* quality bricks
* Hasbro's best brands
* what better brand to launch with than Transformers?
* 2 IN 1 PLAY robot and vehicle, action figure innovation to mini-figure design (looks like an Optimus Prime and Megatron mini-figures), 28 "Kreons" to collect
* Bumblebee 300 pieces comes with Bumblebee, Red Alert and Spike Witwicky
* Starscream 300 pieces
* Optimus Prime - Optimus Prime, Bluestreak, Skywarp and 2 additional Kreons.
Transformers Rescue Bots (part of Playskool Heroes)
- Blades (helicopter), Chase (police car), Heatwave (firetruck), Boulder (constructicon vehicle), Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime
Transformers DOTM - Activision Video Game
- High Moon Studios is developing DOTM game
Showed us a sneak peak, looks pretty good
Robo Power segment
- Activators and Go-Bots
- Robo Fighters - Starscream, Ironhide with flip up armor
- Revving Robots Optimus Prime
Transformers Role Play products
- Energon shock sword
- Optimus Prime Cyber Blaster
- Real D 3D Bumblebee and Optimus Prime masks
Speed Stars and Stealth Force
- Stealth Mini Chargers
- Stealth Force Bumblebee
Transformers Prime toys
- Prime deluxe wave 1 - Bumblebee, Arcee, Starscream
- Entertainment Pack with deluxe Prime and Megatron with 3 kids from show - includes DVD w/ episode
Transformers Prime Animation
- Female Decepticon going to be in TF Prime (didn't specify who)
- May 16th Movie Toys launch worldwide
- June 2 - 5th BotCon
- July 1st TF:DOTM
- July 21 - 24th San Diego Comic-Con
- Prime First Edition toys launch late fall
Stay tuned to Seibertron as we will upload photos and videos of Toy Fair 2011 pretty soon.
The news from Ryan and Seibertron.com staff members attending Toy Fair 2011 is just getting started and the first story being reported from Hasbro is a big one! At this summer's Comic-Con 2011 in San Diego, one of Hasbro's exclusives will be a G.I. Joe/Transformers brand crossover set that features a Joe Skystriker jet painted to resemble Decepticon Starscream. Also included in the set will be Cobra Commander who will be armed with a mini Megatron gun! No photos of the set yet but when they're available, you'll find them here first. This set will no doubt be very popular when it's released at Comic-Con so start planning your trip to San Diego now if you hope to pick this up!
Above is a photo of a Skystriker in original G.I. Joe colors.
UPDATE: For those of you who didn't see this in our gallery of official press photos from Hasbro, here is a photo of the complete set and a shot of Cobra Commander in his pilot suit with the mini Megatron gun.
In a preview of next week's Toy Fair 2011 in New York, the Today Show featured a segment highlighting some of this year's hottest toys being introduced at the show. Included in the group were Hasbro's Cine-Masks, masks with built in RealD 3D lenses that allow kids and the "young at heart" to dress up as Bumblebee or Optimus Prime for the new movie's 3D release. The lenses can also be moved out of the way too so after the movie, the masks can be worn for everyday play. And, as an added bonus, the masks come with a set of traditional red and blue 3D glasses and a 3D poster for even more 3D fun. The Cine-Masks will retail for $9.99 a piece.
Expect to see these on store shelves in early summer, just in time for the movie release... and on heads of a lot of diehard Transformers fans July 1st.
The segment is embedded below or can be viewed on the NBC site HERE.
It's been a good day to be a Transformers: Prime fan. First it was revealed that the show would indeed have associated toys when we got our first look at Arcee. That was quickly followed by the reveals of Starscream, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, and Megatron.
If that wasn't enough to get you psyched up for Friday's big premiere of “Masters & Students” the Hub stopped by with another promo video of the upcoming episode and link to their press release! Be sure to visit for additonal images and information regarding Transformers: Prime!
New Episode of Popular Series to Premiere February 11
02.07.2011– LOS ANGELES, Ca. – The Hub, a television network for kids and their families, will premiere its original half-hour, full CGI animated series “Transformers Prime” in its regular weekly time period with a new episode Friday, February 11 (6:30 p.m. ET).
The new animated series will feature archrivals the Autobots and Decepticons as they once again face-off in their epic rivalry for control of Earth. The all-new mini-series will feature iconic characters of the franchise, including Autobots Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, and the ominous Decepticon Megatron, as well as introducing new human characters to the action series.
The Hub, which rebranded from the former Discovery Kids on 10-10-10, is a joint venture of Discovery Communications and Hasbro, Inc., and is available to 61 million U.S. cable and satellite households.
“Transformers Prime” is produced for The Hub by Hasbro Studios. Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Kline are executive producers. Kurtzman and Orci served as co-writers and producers on the hit feature film Star Trek, and are currently co-writers and producers for the feature film Cowboys and Aliens from Dreamworks/Universal, set for release in summer 2011. Kline is also executive producer of The Hub animated series “G.I. Joe Renegades.”
The Hub is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub lineup includes animated and live-action series, specials and game shows, and the network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at http://www.hubworld.com. The Hub rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and reaches approximately 61 million U.S. households. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Toonzone has posted a lengthy report from a Q&A session with the staff of Transformers: Prime. A portion has been posted below, be sure to visit Toonzone to read the entire article!
- Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman's aim for the series was to do things with the Transformers they did not get the chance to do with the movie. Another selling point was bringing back Frank Welker as Megatron, since Bob Orci campaigned for him to play the role in the movies (Megatron is voiced in the live-action Transformers movies by Hugo Weaving).
- Jeff Kline revealed there is a specific reason why Bumblebee cannot speak English. The reason will be revealed in season two, and off screen Bumblebee "is working toward trying to solve that for himself."
- Kline says that generally the staff will want to show more Decepticons than Autobots in order to always show the Autobots at a disadvantage, to "make their job that much harder." There will be more Autobots and Decepticon characters depicted in seasons one and two, but there is more of a limitation due to the budgeting for the CG rendering process in the builds of the characters. Each Transformers character requires three distinct computer builds: robot, vehicle, and transformation.
- With regard to the character deaths, Kline says, "When we kill a character, we kill a character." Kline assured Toonzone News that Cliffjumper is dead. Kline did leave the door open for the exploration of the possible romance between Cliffjumper and Arcee in flashbacks for future episodes, but would not say if Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson would return to voice the character.
- Bob Orci spoke more about his attraction to working on a Transformers series and the limitations of depicting the Transformers characters in the live-action movies. Bob wanted to show more about the Transformers mythology and history as well as just "hang out with them." Orci likes to stay between TV and movies because "they give you different satisfactions as a fan and as storytellers." Bob added that he would like to work with the Transformers Prime staff on other projects based on his experience working on Transformers Prime.
- Mike Vogel talked about the female appeal of the show -- especially through characters such as Arcee and Miko -- and noted that even boys enjoy characters like Arcee. Jeff Kline also spoke about the Japanese animation studio that works on the series, Polygon, being in love with the Miko character. According to Kline, the staff will give Polygon a fairly simple description of an action for Miko, and Polygon will give Miko even extra actions and animations. Bob Orci joked that it was simply "free labor."
- At one point in the season premiere, Soundwave uses a detachable drone unit, which according to Kline is an "homage" to Laserbeak. Kline would not confirm if the drone in the episode is Laserbeak though.
- Vogel confirmed there will be toys for the series and we will get news on the toy line "sooner than we may think."
We received the following message from TFsource.com regarding their Shadow Scyther figures.
TFsource.com wrote:The Shadow Scyther Raffle is officially complete!
There has been a lot of discussion regarding the remaining Shadow Scyther pieces that were made available through customer cancelations or being set aside initially for any defective returns. We have read the ongoing discussion and carefully taken into account all of the posts on the forums. Ultimately, we are here because of Transformers fans and we agree the best course of action is a solution that supports the best interest of the fans themselves.
We considered many options in order to come up with a solution that will please the majority of customers. Based on the popularity of one option, we have decided that the solution is a raffle with winners being randomly selected to purchase the remaining stock of Shadow Scyther for the original retail price. We feel this was the most unbiased and fair way to handle the remaining stock. Additionally we solicited input from the owners of select boards, as well as several established transformers fans and overall there was considerable support for this option.
Determining the Winners: Everyone who emailed us, or signed up for the personal assistant was included in the raffle. We used a random # generator, checked every customer history to ensure no one purchased one the first time around, and eliminated any duplicate emails to keep it fair. The winners will all be contacted by EOD today and receive the right to purchase 1 Shadow Scyther for the original retail price. If anyone declines or does not pay within the given time frame, we will go down the list to the next eligible customer.
Thanks and Best Regards,
www.TFsource.com - Your source for Masterpiece, Fansproject Customs, Hasbro Transformers, Transformers United, WST Transformers, G1 Toys and more.
TFsource is now on Facebook, Twitter & Youtube! Follow us, Subscribe to our Source Review Videos and become our fan to keep up on all of the latest updates as well as meet and interact with other TFsource fans!
Hasbro just stopped by in Germany for Toy Fair 2011 in Nuremberg. We've got looks at the products that will be filling in the kids-based line for Dark Of The Moon, as well as images of four news Star Wars Transformers. The Activators are all repaints, from previous ROTF releases, deco'd in their new Dark Of The Moon color schemes. There's also new looks at Speed Stars, which continue the trend of Transformers of the non-transforming variety. Check out the scans below!