The 2013 Membership Figure will be revealed at BotCon 2012!
Now, a couple quick panel sneak peeks from next issue courtesy of the amazing Matt Frank and Thomas Deer!
Transformers Collectors' Club wrote:TODAY is the deadline for renewing your membership or to join and get this year's FREE membership figure!
This is one of the last emails that will come out of our old member system. Your membership end date at the bottom of this email may/may not be correct as we have stopped updating the old online system. However, if your end date is before today and you have not renewed, you need to go to our new store, click on the membership of your choice and check out. Your information has not been ported over to the new system. If you know someone who has never had a membership (paid), their process is the same.
If your end date is in the future, please don't do anything today. Next week we will send out an email instructing you how to check your membership and what the different functions mean on the new site.
We do plan to split the stores back into Transformers and G.I. Joe individual clubs in the next several weeks when we start putting product in the new stores.
Please note that if you have a membership in each club or multiple memberships, you will need to contact customer support about how to update your additional accounts. Again, if your end date is in the future, please wait until next week to contact customer support. This will help us get through today's deadline which is 5 pm CDT.
Thanks for your support!
This email is going out to all members.
If you did not have an order or have received your order for Over-Run and Drift, please disregard this email.
Here is the latest update on Over-Run and Drift's shipping schedules. Our original order was split into two shipments in China. The first shipment came in the early part of February. The remaining items are coming with the BotCon sets and is on the water now.
We anticipate that the second shipment will arrive here around the first/second week of April. At that time we will finish shipping the remaining orders. The shipments have gone out in the sequence that they were ordered. If your invoice number is higher than 62851 your items will come in a few weeks. We appreciate your patience. If your invoice number is 62851 or lower, your shipment is on its way.
We could have held all the orders until the entire shipment was here, but we felt that it was important to get as many orders out the door as possible and into your hands.
Thanks for your support!
Hello and thanks for your patience. We have come a long way since we turned off the stores approximately two weeks ago.
For those of you who are interested in the ongoing investigation, our original server has been taken offline and will be undergoing an investigation over the coming days. The current server online is a clone of the original with all of the critical data removed. If we find a reasonable cause for the security issue, we will let you know.
We have decided to change our store and forum software. It has been many tedious hours converting the existing data to work with our new store. All the membership data is loaded in the store. The forum will be brought online at a later date.
With our new store software, we have figured out a way to extend the deadline a few days. This means that everyone’s April magazine will run 7-10 days late. Our new cutoff date and time is Wednesday March 21, 2012 at 5pm Central Time.
The store has been brought online before its completion to allow renewals and new memberships. All of the features are not implemented at this time. We apologize for the length of this email but there is a lot of new information that affects all members.
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THROUGH THIS THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU TAKE ANY ACTION. Here are the parameters for the new store:
1. Each membership must have its own UNIQUE email account.
2. Your store log in is the email address that this message came to. Your password is the same as the one you have been using at the former club store and forum. If you have forgotten your password, you can use the “remember me” function. It only sends your password to your email account; it does not send your login.
3. If you have a change of address, until further notice, please call our office or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are running two systems in parallel until we are satisfied that the data is identical. Please email Customer Service as much as possible as the more they are on the phone, the less time they have to respond to your needs. Customer Service is available from 9:30-4:30 Central Time weekdays.
4. In order to bring this system online, we have not separated the Transformers and G.I. Joe Clubs into their individual online stores. At this time, both TF and Joe Club members will use the same storefront to place your renewals or new memberships.
5. Please look at the bottom of this email. It has your renewal date. If your date is prior to March 16, 2012, you will need to create a NEW account in the store, as we did not transfer your data. If your date is after March 16, 2012, you don’t need to do anything at this time.
Please let only those who need a membership renewal or new membership use the store for now. In a couple of weeks, we will have everyone start checking their account(s).
6. Please note that if you had multiple memberships in your name; multiple memberships that all came to a single email address; or a membership in each club, we had to replace all but one of your email addresses with a dummy address. The new store requires unique email addresses for each membership. Your email and password will only work for one account. You will need to contact Customer Service to look up your other logins (dummy emails). This will enable you to change the login and modify your accounts if you want to have multiple accounts or accounts in both clubs.
7. When you renew or signup for a new account, you need to select your free figure choice. The selection choices are found on the signup page (Transformers members please select the “none” option. G.I. Joe members, please select 12” or 3 ¾”.
8. Please note that this store is a commercial package that has hundreds of merchants working with the same store software. It has features that will be new to us, but until we have some custom programming done, there are a few features that are missing from our old software. This is a totally different service provider and data storage facility than we have used in the past. One of the features this software has is to automatically renew your membership without you doing anything (provided you have a valid credit card on file). If you don’t want your credit information on file (the CVV2 code is never saved after the transaction), you can log in under the “My Account” feature and delete your card on file. In order to make future purchases or renewals, you will have to come back to the store and enter your information.
9. The URL for the new store is https://toyarama.com/store. At a future date, we will split the stores back into an individual store for both the Transformers and G.I. Joe Collectors’ Clubs.
10. As an additional security measure, please change your password when you log into your membership account. Do not use any password that you use with other stores or financial institutions.
We apologize for any inconvenience that the prior security issue has caused. On a side note, we are anticipating that the event registration software will be back online around the end of the month. If you have any questions, please use the email links at the bottom of all of our web pages and we will provide you with a prompt answer.
Thanks for your support,
Fun Publications Staff
Promoter and its designees, including Hasbro, Inc., each reserves the right to ban or deny display of any item for any reason. Promoter and its designees, including Hasbro, Inc., each reserves the right to confiscate any items that violates these rules and regulations. Exhibitor agrees to permit such confiscation without incident and agrees that all confiscated items shall become the property of Promoter or its designee and may be turned over to the appropriate authorities. Exhibitor herby [sic] waives and all claims against the Promotor [sic] or Hasbro, Inc. with respect to any removal of person or confiscation of items.
From our understanding, just want to reiterate what you have gotten in email responses from us...
As long as it is official Hasbro OR TakaraTomy product then they are official products. They can also sell officially Licensed TF goods from Hasbro or TT.
If it's either made by Hasbro or TakaraTomy it is officially licensed by Hasbro or TakaraTomy, anything else is a knock off or an unofficially licenced good.
So. To be 100% clear... Licensed Transformers either from Hasbro or Takara Tomy are fine. Licensed Sci-Fi related toys from other companies is fine as well. However, again, anything that violates Hasbro IP should not be brought to BotCon.
I am afraid that details will not be provided. There are SO many 3rd party items, no one is going to provide a list of what is acceptable "unlicensed" toys.
If it is unlicensed, assume it is unacceptable. Just about every 3rd party piece somehow draws on Hasbro IP, so, if you think it may in any way infringe on Hasbro's IP odds are they DO consider it an infringement.
The language they provided for our contract is the warning. Just don't bring the stuff to the show.
BotCon has had amazing Exhibitor Halls for almost 20 years, MANY of those LONG before all of these IP infringing items hit the market. I am sure it will still be an amazing Hall this year and for many years to come!
We have been working diligently to get a replacement store online for you. This is still in progress. However, we are ANTICIPATING that a temporary solution will be available later today. This is a totallly new website, with totally new software, at a totallly new provider. This commercial software has hundreds of stores and is fully PCI and PCI DSS complient. Their facility has been described to me as a military grade security facility.
Do not go to the old store site. I will provide you with the new url for this system in a later email and we will change the links at that time.
In addition, we have figured out a way to extend this month's deadline for a few days (because of the new software). We are extending the deadliine date to Wednesday, March 21st, at 5pm central time in order for all of the mail that is enroute to arrive.
However, this will effect EVERYONE'S monthly magazine. The April issues will be approximately 7-10 days late.
Also, we will not be able to reinburse anyone who spent money on expediting renewals to us.
We again apologize to everyone for all of the issues we have been having. We think that you will be very pleased with the new features this store will offer you.
News Categories: View All Categories, Toy News, Live Action Movie News, Comic Book News, Cartoon News, Site News, Rumors, Digital Media News, Event News, Collectables, Game News, Sponsor News, Store News, Company News, Site Articles, People News, Press Releases, Sightings, Reviews, Unlicensed Products News, Auctions, Interviews, Transtopia, Knock Offs, Editorials, Collector's Club News, Heavy Metal War, Podcast, Contests, Book News, Top Lists