Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney

Transformers News: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney

Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 8:50AM CST

Categories: Company News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 79,371

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The rumor mill was sent into overdrive earlier this week when MTV Geek reported a rumor that Disney was looking into purchasing Hasbro. This coming shortly after Disney shocked the entertainment world with their 4.05 billion dollar acquisition of Lucasfilm. This prompted CNBC's David Faber to contact Hasbro for confirmation or denial. According to Hasbro's advisors there is nothing going on between Hasbro and Disney. See below:

Source: Providence Journal


Providence Journal wrote:Stock in the Pawtucket-based toymaker (HAS:Nasdaq) spiked 6.8 percent to $38.66 at the opening bell amid speculation that Disney (DIS:NYSE) was preparing a multi-billion dollar bid for Hasbro.

Hasbro declined comment, citing its policy of not talking about rumor or speculation. CNBC analyst David Faber reported that Hasbro's advisors told him there's "absolutely nothing going on that they are aware of at all, in any way, shape or form" involving Hasbro or Disney.
Wall Street analysts said a Disney acquisition didn't make much sense, just after Disney agreed to buy Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4.05 billion. And for any deal to happen, Hasbro would have to dissolve agreements with Disney's competitors.
Credit(s): Providence Journal, Sabrblade
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437919)
Posted by Nyancatron on November 7th, 2012 @ 9:48am CST
YAY, Hasbro gets to not be homogenized goo!

:BOWDOWN:
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437923)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 7th, 2012 @ 9:54am CST
THANK THE ALL SPARK!!! :BOWDOWN:
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437930)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 7th, 2012 @ 10:07am CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:THANK THE ALL SPARK!!! :BOWDOWN:


Stop stealing mah quotes, for goodness sake!

PrymeStriker wrote:Thank the AllSpark! Image
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437932)
Posted by mattwhite924 on November 7th, 2012 @ 10:08am CST
Maybe someday a deal like this would be good, but not right now.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437940)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 7th, 2012 @ 10:57am CST
When they mentioned that they'd have to cut relations with Disney's competitors, it makes much more sense against its presumed integration with Disney. Kinda glad it wasn't going to happen. Could't stand the fact my hobby was owned by the Mouse. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437950)
Posted by dj kid prophet on November 7th, 2012 @ 11:48am CST
Thought y'all might find this interesting:) http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437966)
Posted by Mkall on November 7th, 2012 @ 12:59pm CST
I was kind of hoping this would be true, which would mean more money and production quality for the figures we love. Oh well.

I guess 3rd Parties can stop worrying for now.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437970)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 7th, 2012 @ 1:24pm CST
dj kid prophet wrote:Thought y'all might find this interesting:) http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail


Saw that a couple days ago. It really shouldn't work.....but it does for some reason.
Also, you do realize this is Bandai's way of bringing Disney into the world of Super Sentai kinda like how Takara did the Disney Label transformers. This is basically a Disney label megazord.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437971)
Posted by dj kid prophet on November 7th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CST
I know, right? Lol.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437977)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 7th, 2012 @ 1:45pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Besides, you also forgot to mention that Squaresoft went bankrupt because they put a huge sum of money building Square Pictures and watched their first (and only) movie go bust. Yet, Enix was doing great with their publications and made enough to purchase their former rival, prior to making it be a merger. That, and it is going strong despite having a partnership with Disney. ;)



Ah yes, I did neglect to mention that, but it was one of the driving forces behind the changeup of staff at Squaresoft. I suppose it did also very much put them in a position to be taken over by Enix.

FellintoOblivion wrote:As someone who lives in Orlando let me point two things out:

1. Disney already sells Transformer toys in at least 2 locations (Japan inside Epcot and at Downtown Disney) so I doubt they have a problem with the guns and "violence" of Transformers.


:shock: Where? I saw what they had at Epcot but couldn't find anything at Downtown Disney last time I was there.

Nyancatron wrote:YAY, Hasbro gets to not be homogenized goo!

:BOWDOWN:


And continue sucking, sadly. :P

Handels-Messerschmitt wrote:
Seibertron wrote:This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It is still a choice.


The choice between employment and unemployment isn't really much of a choice when the latter means unmanageable financial insecurity for you and your family. Freelancing in creative work isn't the most stable thing one can do, either.

Seibertron wrote:Companies are in business to make money. That's not evil. That's not wrong. It's just how it works in a capitalist society.


The unchallenged assumption here is that "just how it works in a capitalist society" is desirable. Systemic exploitation of others, no matter how necessary it is for the survival of the company that does it, is not good.


The point he's trying to make is that these employees were paid wages for their work, and that standard practice in the industry is that the artists do not retain the rights for projects they worked on. They were compensated for their work and have no right to be demanding royalties. When you work for a company you sign a contract entailing the terms of your employment, and if you don't agree with its contents, it's your own fault for signing it without paying attention. The only way Disney would be at fault is if they agreed that royalties would be paid and then went back on that agreement. The whole argument of 'They were under pressure to work for Disney' is invalid. Everyone has a choice to work for the type of company they want to work for. If they didn't like the way Disney does things, they could have found employment elsewhere.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437987)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 7th, 2012 @ 2:04pm CST
kirbenvost wrote: :shock: Where? I saw what they had at Epcot but couldn't find anything at Downtown Disney last time I was there.
Inside the largest room of the "Once Upon a Toy" store. They've had TFs for sale in that room as far back as Beast Machines (Beast Wars toys were sold in another location of the park back when those were for sale). :)
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1437992)
Posted by Bumbleshot on November 7th, 2012 @ 2:24pm CST
Thank Primus.. -.-
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438006)
Posted by NTESHFT on November 7th, 2012 @ 3:01pm CST
Mkall wrote:I was kind of hoping this would be true, which would mean more money and production quality for the figures we love. Oh well.

I guess 3rd Parties can stop worrying for now.



This was what I was thinking too. As you said, oh well. Third party guys rejoice. You'll be getting more of my money.....
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438016)
Posted by EagleBot13 on November 7th, 2012 @ 3:39pm CST
May I point out there policy of not talking about rumors.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438018)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 7th, 2012 @ 3:57pm CST
Nyancatron wrote:YAY, Hasbro gets to not be homogenized goo!

:BOWDOWN:


Yes, it will not be the logic behind your hatred. :lol:

And besides, if you found out what the conditions at some of Hasbro's former factories, you would have probably preferred Disney buying them out - As they would have made sure that all or any factories in China (and not the United States) would have been void of inhumane issues. >:oP
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438022)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 7th, 2012 @ 4:11pm CST
^I know, right?

>:oP

Sabrblade wrote:
kirbenvost wrote: :shock: Where? I saw what they had at Epcot but couldn't find anything at Downtown Disney last time I was there.
Inside the largest room of the "Once Upon a Toy" store. They've had TFs for sale in that room as far back as Beast Machines (Beast Wars toys were sold in another location of the park back when those were for sale). :)


I think I went in that store too! Must've missed it. #-o Ah well, next time I'll look harder!
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438041)
Posted by XDMan on November 7th, 2012 @ 5:48pm CST
Thank Primus it is forbidden (insert Prime laughing at a crying Mickey).
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438046)
Posted by MegaDump on November 7th, 2012 @ 6:00pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:

"And besides, if you found out what the conditions at some of Hasbro's former factories, you would have probably preferred Disney buying them out - As they would have made sure that all or any factories in China (and not the United States) would have been void of inhumane issues."

The fact that I can't find me an MP-10 Masterpiece Prime anywhere is downright INHUMANE! Those kids need to get back to work so I can adorn my display case
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438047)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 7th, 2012 @ 6:03pm CST
You know, when I first read the rumor I was vomiting all my sphincters in rage at the prospect of Disney owning Hasbro. The chance that all future Transformers series might be as horrid as Animated (which Hasbro inflicted upon themselves) made my intestines wrench in my brain. Then I got to thinking about how much would something like that actually change the company.

Looking at Marvel, which is flourishing right now (not because they were bought by Disney of course), there's really nothing different about how they do things or what they produce. Deadpool still kills people and gets parts of him exploded off, Tony Stark still has a drinking problem, and The Avengers was (so I hear) an excellent movie.

Disney isn't stupid enough to completely change a company they buy out when it's already doing well for it's self. In fact, they could only benefit it because of the extra funding Disney could provide for the company. In the case of Transformers, we would see a sharp increase in the quality (or at least the size) of the toys. We might see a Disney reference in an episode or a comic or movie or something, but Disney hasn't been around for so long by doing stupid things like replacing major characters of acquired franchises with Goofy.

With these thoughts in mind, I quickly (within a day) came to terms with the idea that this might happen. The thought still made my throat prolapse a little, but all my pieces remained internal. Now that this rumor has been debunked, I can swallow again. However, now the possibility of this purchase is in their minds...

*urp*
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438053)
Posted by Burn on November 7th, 2012 @ 6:23pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Deadpool still kills people and gets parts of him exploded off,


I've yet to read todays issue but last I checked, main line Deadpool didn't have his healing factor so is trying to avoid getting parts blown off.

Tony Stark still has a drinking problem


That was just exaggerated by Justine Hammer and The Mandarin. Plus he's found his spiritual side now.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438063)
Posted by Bubbah on November 7th, 2012 @ 7:10pm CST
Burn wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Tony Stark still has a drinking problem


That was just exaggerated by Justine Hammer and The Mandarin. Plus he's found his spiritual side now.

Yeah, but Ironman just relaunched today too (haven't read it yet, on my way to my shop in a second) so that could all change ... I'll admit, it was kinda awkward seeing sober Tony haha.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438065)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 7th, 2012 @ 7:16pm CST
Do you really think that they would just come right out and say "yes disney is interested in buying hasbro", no they wouldnt. But i really hope this is just a cover up tactic cause hasbro needs help and i think disney & their billions of dollars would help. Plus disney has a good track record, just look at pixar & marvel.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438087)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 7th, 2012 @ 9:04pm CST
Burn wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Deadpool still kills people and gets parts of him exploded off,


I've yet to read todays issue but last I checked, main line Deadpool didn't have his healing factor so is trying to avoid getting parts blown off.

Tony Stark still has a drinking problem


That was just exaggerated by Justine Hammer and The Mandarin. Plus he's found his spiritual side now.


Hm, I've been out of comics longer than I thought...
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438088)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 7th, 2012 @ 9:05pm CST
XDMan wrote:Thank Primus it is forbidden (insert Prime laughing at a crying Mickey).


I'll have to remember this the next time I consider looking for the Takara Tomy Transformer: Disney Label line, which has numerous versions of a robotic Mickey Mouse transforming into a truck. I mean, we have Optimus Prime colors, limited 7-11 Halloween theme, black and white, Mickey Mouse colors, and Christmas. >:oP

In other words... TOMY does a lot of business with Disney as well. So you might as well be happy Hasbro is not bought, despite the fact that Hasbro gave the U.S. Action Masters while Takara Tomy gave us Star Saber and Dai Atlas. :lol:

MegaDump wrote:KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:

"And besides, if you found out what the conditions at some of Hasbro's former factories, you would have probably preferred Disney buying them out - As they would have made sure that all or any factories in China (and not the United States) would have been void of inhumane issues."

The fact that I can't find me an MP-10 Masterpiece Prime anywhere is downright INHUMANE! Those kids need to get back to work so I can adorn my display case


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loved that. Besides, the haters here are starting to convince me that I should own at least two Mickey Mouse themed Optimus Primes. :lol:
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438115)
Posted by d_sel1 on November 7th, 2012 @ 11:25pm CST
I might as well put in my two cents this rumor.

Disney as all coporations is in the business of making money. It is their primary goal, everything else just fluff, public relations, charity, etc. This is can be good, bad, or indifferent. Disney is buying Hasbro to get money and probably money from different source (toys) than main venture, simply a diversification of portfolio, nothing more or less. Disney will do what is good for business and will not do anything intentionally to mess up Hasbro which will cost them cash. Disney may just have a minor restructing of Hasbro. (The rest of just scenarios, which probably won't happen). Maybe, Disney will look at G1 and let the folks of Pixar do a G1 movies. Maybe, they will go the teen audience and do something insane like make Wheelie (who says stuff in rhyme) into a major character to get a "rapper." Disney might eventually shift production of the toys to somewhere like Vietnam when Chinese labor and factories get too expensive. The toys may go up or down in quality (and Mickey's head is only going to a special collectors edition if at all!). Heck, Disney may just sell Hasbro a couple of years after they buy it. I don't know and don't pretend to know. In fact, we probably couldn't even predict or guess what changes for TFs would occur. The best question y'all should ask on any idea of change in TFs would be "Would this make Disney's money or be a waste of Disney's money?" Answer this question, and then you might know what Disney might do if this rumor is true.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438116)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 7th, 2012 @ 11:29pm CST
d_sel1 wrote:I might as well put in my two cents this rumor.

Disney as all coporations is in the business of making money. It is their primary goal, everything else just fluff, public relations, charity, etc. This is can be good, bad, or indifferent. Disney is buying Hasbro to get money and probably money from different source (toys) than main venture, simply a diversification of portfolio, nothing more or less. Disney will do what is good for business and will not do anything intentionally to mess up Hasbro which will cost them cash. Disney may just have a minor restructing of Hasbro. (The rest of just scenarios, which probably won't happen). Maybe, Disney will look at G1 and let the folks of Pixar do a G1 movies. Maybe, they will go the teen audience and do something insane like make Wheelie (who says stuff in rhyme) into a major character to get a "rapper." Disney might eventually shift production of the toys to somewhere like Vietnam when Chinese labor and factories get too expensive. The toys may go up or down in quality (and Mickey's head is only going to a special collectors edition if at all!). Heck, Disney may just sell Hasbro a couple of years after they buy it. I don't know and don't pretend to know. In fact, we probably couldn't even predict or guess what changes for TFs would occur. The best question y'all should ask on any idea of change in TFs would be "Would this make Disney's money or be a waste of Disney's money?" Answer this question, and then you might know what Disney might do if this rumor is true.


The rumor was dismissed. However, there is one business venture that is both beneficial and profitable for both parties. >:oP
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438118)
Posted by That Bot on November 7th, 2012 @ 11:45pm CST
I think, if Disney were to buy Hasbro, it wouldn't be to make money as much as to save money. As has been previously established, Marvel and Star Wars both license to Hasbro for their merchandise, so for Disney to buy Hasbro it would just be bringing the toy production for their licenses back under their mantle. Owning the means of production, as they say. They would make a bit of money from the sales of the toys but mostly it would just be to save some licensing money. Honestly I think their interference in the affairs of Transformers would be negligible at best. If they went after any Hasbro property in particular, it would be My Little Pony, given its overwhelming popularity.

This is IF Disney were to buy Hasbro, I know the rumor has been debunked for now.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438218)
Posted by TDK Akita on November 8th, 2012 @ 1:34pm CST
That Bot wrote:I think, if Disney were to buy Hasbro, it wouldn't be to make money as much as to save money. As has been previously established, Marvel and Star Wars both license to Hasbro for their merchandise, so for Disney to buy Hasbro it would just be bringing the toy production for their licenses back under their mantle. Owning the means of production, as they say. They would make a bit of money from the sales of the toys but mostly it would just be to save some licensing money. Honestly I think their interference in the affairs of Transformers would be negligible at best. If they went after any Hasbro property in particular, it would be My Little Pony, given its overwhelming popularity.

This is IF Disney were to buy Hasbro, I know the rumor has been debunked for now.


+1

Disney isn't in the business of tinkering with the winning formulas of the properties they acquire, they just want to lower overhead and maximize their returns as much as possible.

Funny how they can do all of this just by being in the business of making kids smile. :P
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438221)
Posted by Seibertron on November 8th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CST
TDK Akita wrote:Funny how they can do all of this just by being in the business of making kids smile. :P


Amen to that!
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438247)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 8th, 2012 @ 3:06pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
TDK Akita wrote:Funny how they can do all of this just by being in the business of making kids smile. :P


Amen to that!


Grownups too. I think if some of the haters could spend one day in Disneyland with an open mind they'd see the sheer effort that goes into making it live up to its tagline 'The Happiest Place on Earth'. Their customer service and quality is unparalleled, and while they are a media company that makes tons of profit, they are indeed in the business of making people happy.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438262)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2012 @ 3:57pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
TDK Akita wrote:Funny how they can do all of this just by being in the business of making kids smile. :P


Amen to that!


Grownups too. I think if some of the haters could spend one day in Disneyland with an open mind they'd see the sheer effort that goes into making it live up to its tagline 'The Happiest Place on Earth'. Their customer service and quality is unparalleled, and while they are a media company that makes tons of profit, they are indeed in the business of making people happy.
And to top it off, the great Walt himself once said, "I do not make movies for children; I make movies for the child in all of us." :)
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438309)
Posted by WolfSpider1979 on November 8th, 2012 @ 6:34pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
WolfSpider1979 wrote:NO! NO! SMEG NO! They can't have it! If they want "My Little Pony", that's one thing. I'd still shove two fingers in their face with a raspberry. Those piece of smeg jerk-wads have ruined what Walt made. They have sullied that company with the cries of PERVERTS for more! I have a feeling they'll try to make Sideswipe and Sunstreaker grope in a closet for a month, then "bring them out" with Red Alert. NO SMEGGING WAY! :twisted:

Wolf-Spider


One, you ignored the fact that this was a rumor.
Two, you did not see that this cannot happen as-is.
And three, Robert Iger is not Michael Eisner.

>:oP


The fact that this is a rumor is not lost on me. I'm against the very idea that they would get their hands on it. I still have a boycott on that company, because I've seen no change in their policies. They still have "Gay-Day Parades," :SICK: and show no signs of denouncing them. They had one when we went with my dad's late brother. Until they ban them, I want nothing to do with them. I don't care who is in charge.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438314)
Posted by Bubbah on November 8th, 2012 @ 6:44pm CST
WolfSpider1979 wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
WolfSpider1979 wrote:NO! NO! SMEG NO! They can't have it! If they want "My Little Pony", that's one thing. I'd still shove two fingers in their face with a raspberry. Those piece of smeg jerk-wads have ruined what Walt made. They have sullied that company with the cries of PERVERTS for more! I have a feeling they'll try to make Sideswipe and Sunstreaker grope in a closet for a month, then "bring them out" with Red Alert. NO SMEGGING WAY! :twisted:

Wolf-Spider


One, you ignored the fact that this was a rumor.
Two, you did not see that this cannot happen as-is.
And three, Robert Iger is not Michael Eisner.

>:oP


The fact that this is a rumor is not lost on me. I'm against the very idea that they would get their hands on it. I still have a boycott on that company, because I've seen no change in their policies. They still have "Gay-Day Parades," :SICK: and show no signs of denouncing them. They had one when we went with my dad's late brother. Until they ban them, I want nothing to do with them. I don't care who is in charge.


And what's wrong with that? Aren't they allowed to show their support for that just as you've shown your distain for it? I'm sure there are at least a few members of this forum that you've already made sick and offended just by the way you phrased your comment.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438351)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 8:28pm CST
WolfSpider1979 wrote:The fact that this is a rumor is not lost on me. I'm against the very idea that they would get their hands on it. I still have a boycott on that company, because I've seen no change in their policies. They still have "Gay-Day Parades," :SICK: and show no signs of denouncing them. They had one when we went with my dad's late brother. Until they ban them, I want nothing to do with them. I don't care who is in charge.


So your basis is that they promote Gay rights? So what? Ezekiel talked about why God had punished the people of Sodom in 16:49: "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."

How about the following?

- 1 Chronicles 2:34, 2:35, 3:1-9
- 1 Kings 1:11, 1:13
- 2 Samuel 16:21
- Deuteronomy 22:13-21, 22:28-29
- Ephesians 6:5
- Genesis 16:3, 19:26
- Judges 21:7-23
- Leviticus 25:44-48

- Matthew 19:9, 19:29 <-(This says that you shall not divorce or commit adultery. Something I do not see you opposing. I mean seeing how this entailed to Gay rights being forbidden if they are sexual, not anything else. Plus, the Bible details the need to procreate and not who to hate. ;))

In other words: While you may have not ignored that, you may have been mislead on homosexuality. And I do not know who is worse on that: Adolf Hitler, who had 15,000 gay men and women sent to concentration camps... Or Pat Robertson for using them as a means to promote hate and the need to remove anything that is neither Christian and/or Conservative. >:oP
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438357)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2012 @ 8:50pm CST
I don't wanna intervene, but this topic could be well on its way to being locked with this direction it's going in. :-s

WolfSpider1979, none of anything you've been complaining about matters because the rumor was refuted. Debunked. Rendered moot.

At this point, you're just ranting for the sake of ranting. There's no reason to be hating on the idea of Disney buying Hasbro because it's been declared false.


Anyway, now that we know Disney isn't buying Hasbro, we can look forward to the new Star Wars films and more of Transformers that Hasbro has to offer. :)
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438375)
Posted by Blurrz on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:33pm CST
I'm going to turn a blind eye once. We bring up anymore anti-LGBT stuff up, I'm handing out warnings and this is getting locked.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438387)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:58pm CST
Blurrz wrote:I'm going to turn a blind eye once. We bring up anymore anti-LGBT stuff up, I'm handing out warnings and this is getting locked.


So atop of me agreeing with both Blurrz and Sabrblade, I should point out that there is a difference between hatred and being logical. Being logical is keeping the hatred to yourself, and resolving things with those you see as being stubborn. Hatred is simply targeting those you know nothing about and being stupid about it in the process.

If you have to hate somebody for being gay, or whatever, then that is your issue. If you choose to boycott Disney because they support gay rights, then you may as well boycott the following:

Adobe Systems
Allstate Insurance
Amazon.com
American Apparel
American Airlines
Apple
Applebee's
Ben & Jerry's
Best Buy
Geek Squad
Boeing
Clorox
The Coca-Cola Company
Concur Technologies
Costco
Delta Airlines
eBay
Electronic Arts
EMC Corporation
Expedia
Ford
Gap
Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime
General Mills
General Motors
Goldman Sachs
Google
Motorola Mobility, Youtube, Zagat
Hilton Worldwide
The Home Depot
IBM
Intuit
J.C. Penney
Kraft Foods
Levi's
Marriott Hotels
McDonald's
Microsoft
Nationwide Insurance
Nike
Nordstrom
Olive Garden
Office Depot
Oreo
PepsiCo
PG&E
Procter and Gamble
Qualcomm
RealNetworks, Inc.
Red Lobster
REI
Rite Aid
Sears
Land's End
Southwest Airlines
Starbucks
State Farm Insurance
Target
T-Mobile
United Airlines
UPS
Vulcan Inc.
Walgreens
The Walt Disney Company
(ABC, ESPN, Pixar, Marvel, Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, The Muppets, LucasArts, etc.)
Wells Fargo

So instead of that... Can we agree that we need to see Seibertron play Everybody Dance 3? (And I do not choose that game because my cousin is involved.) :DANCE:
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438399)
Posted by Rated X on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:35pm CST
Good. F**k Disney.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438405)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:46pm CST
Rated X wrote:Good. F**k Disney.


No thank you. I am not into necrophilia. >:oP

And besides, I like their park in Tokyo. They have a really good mozzarella and crab pizza there. =P~
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438416)
Posted by That Bot on November 8th, 2012 @ 11:34pm CST
Disney has been a significant part of the upbringing of most children in the first world for several generations. All glory to them.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438483)
Posted by WolfSpider1979 on November 9th, 2012 @ 4:47am CST
That is a relief that the rumor is false. When I see rumors start swirling, like this one, I get worried. It's like hearing a factory is closing (my dad's), or a publication ceased (Nintendo Power). I didn't see the notice it was false. One reason why I don't like rumors.
I would like to clarify something, if I may, without getting banned or the subject locked (because, for some reason, I always get in late): If anyone thought I was hating people, I'm not. Never once did I say I hate people. You can hate an idea, while not hating the people who subscribe to it. This is where I am.
For Star Wars, I'll just see where the movies go. I don't care much for The Clone Wars series: Can't see past the animation (ala Flapjack and Gumball). When it comes to computer animation, if it isn't well done, like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and Transformers Prime, it's not good. Personally, I'm more of a Trekkie.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438520)
Posted by Arcee1tfp on November 9th, 2012 @ 7:44am CST
OH THANK GOD!!!! I HEARD THAT RUMOR TOO!! I WOULD HAVE DIED!! DISNEY WOULD HAVE DESTROYED IT!!!!
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438561)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2012 @ 9:59am CST
WolfSpider1979 wrote:That is a relief that the rumor is false. When I see rumors start swirling, like this one, I get worried. It's like hearing a factory is closing (my dad's), or a publication ceased (Nintendo Power). I didn't see the notice it was false. One reason why I don't like rumors.
Thing is, you first started ranting only AFTER the falsehood of the rumor was publically given, so it looked as though you had ignored the debunk to just start ranting on Disney.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438573)
Posted by RhA on November 9th, 2012 @ 10:13am CST
Arcee1tfp wrote:OH THANK GOD!!!! I HEARD THAT RUMOR TOO!! I WOULD HAVE DIED!! DISNEY WOULD HAVE DESTROYED IT!!!!


RUINED FOREVAH!

IN OTHER NEWS:

TRUKK NOT MUNKEY

AND!

CAPS LOCK.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438712)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 9th, 2012 @ 6:04pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Blurrz wrote:I'm going to turn a blind eye once. We bring up anymore anti-LGBT stuff up, I'm handing out warnings and this is getting locked.


So atop of me agreeing with both Blurrz and Sabrblade, I should point out that there is a difference between hatred and being logical. Being logical is keeping the hatred to yourself, and resolving things with those you see as being stubborn. Hatred is simply targeting those you know nothing about and being stupid about it in the process.

If you have to hate somebody for being gay, or whatever, then that is your issue. If you choose to boycott Disney because they support gay rights, then you may as well boycott the following:

Adobe Systems
Allstate Insurance
Amazon.com
American Apparel
American Airlines
Apple
Applebee's
Ben & Jerry's
Best Buy
Geek Squad
Boeing
Clorox
The Coca-Cola Company
Concur Technologies
Costco
Delta Airlines
eBay
Electronic Arts
EMC Corporation
Expedia
Ford
Gap
Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime
General Mills
General Motors
Goldman Sachs
Google
Motorola Mobility, Youtube, Zagat
Hilton Worldwide
The Home Depot
IBM
Intuit
J.C. Penney
Kraft Foods
Levi's
Marriott Hotels
McDonald's
Microsoft
Nationwide Insurance
Nike
Nordstrom
Olive Garden
Office Depot
Oreo
PepsiCo
PG&E
Procter and Gamble
Qualcomm
RealNetworks, Inc.
Red Lobster
REI
Rite Aid
Sears
Land's End
Southwest Airlines
Starbucks
State Farm Insurance
Target
T-Mobile
United Airlines
UPS
Vulcan Inc.
Walgreens
The Walt Disney Company
(ABC, ESPN, Pixar, Marvel, Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, The Muppets, LucasArts, etc.)
Wells Fargo



:APPLAUSE:
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438781)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 9th, 2012 @ 10:23pm CST
I guess I should've chimed in earlier, but when I first heard this rumor, I guessed that is was in fact spawned by a sudden meeting between Disney and Hasbro, but that its coming so soon after the Lucasfilm buyout indicated a need to streamline the licensing deal between the two companies rather than a second buyout.

I'm as anti-corporate-consolidation-leading-to-evil-monopolies-etc. as the next guy, but there are far worse companies that could theoretically buy Hasbro. If I'm relieved, it's because the current situation is just good enough that I see no need to rock the boat: the franchise is fueled by huge movies that have given TF broader popularity than ever, most of the TV and comic series are now properly preserved, the Generations and Masterpiece lines are giving old-school fans a LOT of stuff we never thought we'd live to see, and 3rd party products filling the few remaining fan-demanded niches are (for the time being) allowed to exist in a gray area with occasional (fully justified) smackdowns from Hasbro to keep it out of the more mainstream markets. I don't know about everyone else, but for me personally, the only reason this isn't the greatest time ever to be a collector is my current inability to afford it all.

Sorry to bring up 3rd party stuff again, but that seemed to be the most persistent fear about a Disney buyout. While I share it, I found it an odd issue to jump to conclusions about, since we haven't even seen the full ramifications of how Hasbro will deal with it yet. This year's Botcon ban was so hasty that I doubt we got into the real nuts and bolt of how it'll be enforced from now on, and whether Hasbro or Disney's lawyers were to try and put their foot down on the whole market, overreach into fans' freedom of expression would likely end up being a serious problem. Disney-lawyers may have an infamous track-record, but I'm hardly "scared" of them. I'll say it right now: I have a bootleg DVD of 'Song of the South' because I know that one's NEVER leaving The Vault, so I'm just preserving a controversial piece of history rather than robbing anyone's money-making I.P. (Yeah, yeah, if they prove me wrong, I'll buy the DVD/Blu-Ray combo) Hell, the fact that Robert Smigel's 'Journey Into the Disney Vault' cartoon actually aired on SNL and got released on DVD shows that the Mouse must have a sense of humor. For all we know, Disney legal could just decide 3rd Party toys are 3-dimensional parodies and get back to work ironing out those EVIL work-for-hire contracts.

I guess all I'm saying is that despite essentially considering Transformrs to be my religion, I never saw any reason to get that worried about this. Slag happens...to not be a usable name on a toy package anymore, but no one's gonna' take away our right to call him that.
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1438869)
Posted by WolfSpider1979 on November 10th, 2012 @ 10:10am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
WolfSpider1979 wrote:That is a relief that the rumor is false. When I see rumors start swirling, like this one, I get worried. It's like hearing a factory is closing (my dad's), or a publication ceased (Nintendo Power). I didn't see the notice it was false. One reason why I don't like rumors.
Thing is, you first started ranting only AFTER the falsehood of the rumor was publically given, so it looked as though you had ignored the debunk to just start ranting on Disney.



As I stated, I get in late and I hadn't seen the announcement it was proven false.

Edit:This post is proof of that. :oops:
Re: Hasbro Denies Rumor that they are in Negotiations with Disney (1439575)
Posted by Breakdown 2099 on November 13th, 2012 @ 6:45am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And besides, I like their park in Tokyo. They have a really good mozzarella and crab pizza there. =P~


Tell me you've been to Shakey's in Shinjuku! Man, that brings back memories :D ;)^
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson
Twincast / Podcast #91:
"History Lesson"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 21st, 2014