Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime)

Transformers News: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime)

Tuesday, December 25th, 2012 11:43PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,474

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Ever since we discovered that Takara Tomy's Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-19 Gaia Unicron had the ability to combine with both Voyager Megatron and Optimus Prime, fans were left wondering why on Earth (or Cybertron) would the Chaos Bringer merge with the leader of the Autobots? Megatron, maybe, but Optimus Prime? Well thanks to the bios featured on Takara Tomy's CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime and Gaia Unicron set we have our answer!

In a nutshell, the dimension hopping Leo Prime used the remains of Unicron's defeated avatar to forge the Gaia Armor. See the bios courtesy of the Allspark mirrored below:

Takara Tomy YOD Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Pirme & Unicron Bios


Optimus Prime:
The noble leader Optimus Prime began his days as Orion Pax, a mere data clerk in the Iacon Hall of Records. It was his meeting with the gladiator Megatron that would greatly change his destiny, the first step on the path to being bestowed with the Matrix and recognized as a great leader. Adopting the motto “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings,” Optimus Prime’s battle with Megatron now continues on Earth. He fights to protect the people of Earth while uncovering the mysteries of the planet.

Gaia Unicon:
Legend has it that in days long past, the Chaos God Unicron was sealed away by the first 13 Transformers. As he threatens to awaken, the Earth lies on the verge of chaos and destruction. Iacon records claim that on a world in a distant dimension, civilization was driven to extinction when it attempted to harness Unicron’s energy. Now Earth risks the same dire fate. The mighty avatar Gaia Unicron, born from Dark Energon, is the first harbinger of the chaos bringer’s revival.

Gaia Armor:
Optimus Prime and his Autobots faced impossible odds, yet succeeded in defeating Gaia Unicron, the earthly avatar of the chaos lord Unicron. From its remains, the macrocosmic guardian Leo Prime used his ancient sword to forge the Gaia Armor. Although the purifying power of an Energon Matrix severed the Gaia Armor from Unicron’s control, it still resonates with the forbidden might of Dark Energon, granting its wearer unspeakable power. Should Optimus Prime choose to don the armor, he must heed Leo Prime’s warning and treat it with great caution: constant vigilance is required to control the armor without being corrupted by its power. Were the Gaia Armor to fall into the hands of the Decepticon tyrant Megatron, the consequences would surely mean destruction for the already outnumbered Autobots. Whether to be used for good or evil, the Gaia Armor brings a new dimension to the battles of Team Prime.
Credit(s): The Allspark, Sabrblade
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449343)
Posted by El Duque on December 26th, 2012 @ 12:18am CST
Once again Optimus wears a dead guy for a suit.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449347)
Posted by Mkall on December 26th, 2012 @ 12:27am CST
El Duque wrote:Once again Optimus wears a dead guy for a suit.

He's got no respect for the dead...

If a human did that he'd be arrested and either sent to an insane asylum or an electric chair depending on the country/state of arrest.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449352)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on December 26th, 2012 @ 12:35am CST
Getting a "one ring to rule them all" sorta vibe from the armor...
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449355)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 26th, 2012 @ 12:41am CST
Hey, I posted this.

in-package-images-takara-tomy-transformers-prime-arms-micron-optimus-prime-gaia-unicron-t91623.php#p1449140

Said this already, but...
Sabrblade wrote:And now those who complain about the armor combination making no sense from a fictional standpoint can stop complaining for that particular reason:

Granted, this still isn't the cartoon continuity (English or Japanese), but it IS the Japanese Prime toy bio conitnuity, so nyah. :P
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449358)
Posted by Super Megatron on December 26th, 2012 @ 12:53am CST
El Duque wrote:Once again Optimus wears a dead guy for a suit.


I was thinking this, too.

Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449360)
Posted by guarayakha on December 26th, 2012 @ 12:57am CST
What's worst than Optimus wearing dead Jetfire on his back in ROTF?

Optimus wearing a dead Unicron and have his 'decapitated' head as a chest armor. :SICK:
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449364)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 26th, 2012 @ 1:13am CST
Super Megatron wrote:Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
U.S. G1 cartoon Optimus Prime and Animated Optimus Prime never combined with another Bot. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449365)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 26th, 2012 @ 1:16am CST
guarayakha wrote:What's worst than Optimus wearing dead Jetfire on his back in ROTF?

Optimus wearing a dead Unicron and have his 'decapitated' head as a chest armor. :SICK:
He's not wearing Unicron himself, Unicron has no corporeal form. He's wering one of Unicron's avatars.

In other words, he's wearing armor made out of rock-and-earth and Dark Energon.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449367)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 26th, 2012 @ 1:34am CST
still stupid
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449371)
Posted by RAcast on December 26th, 2012 @ 1:57am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
guarayakha wrote:What's worst than Optimus wearing dead Jetfire on his back in ROTF?

Optimus wearing a dead Unicron and have his 'decapitated' head as a chest armor. :SICK:
He's not wearing Unicron himself, Unicron has no corporeal form. He's wering one of Unicron's avatars.

In other words, he's wearing armor made out of rock-and-earth and Dark Energon.

In other words. Dead rocks. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449376)
Posted by guarayakha on December 26th, 2012 @ 2:42am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
U.S. G1 cartoon Optimus Prime and Animated Optimus Prime never combined with another Bot. ;)


Well he was supposed to have his trailer armor in a new season of Animated until they canned it..
Image

It's pretty funny considering that it was UltraMagnus who started the whole power armor thing, and then Masterforce happened and suddenly all Optimus must have some sort of addon in the end.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449404)
Posted by El Duque on December 26th, 2012 @ 8:09am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Hey, I posted this.

in-package-images-takara-tomy-transformers-prime-arms-micron-optimus-prime-gaia-unicron-t91623.php#p1449140

Said this already, but...
Sabrblade wrote:And now those who complain about the armor combination making no sense from a fictional standpoint can stop complaining for that particular reason:

Granted, this still isn't the cartoon continuity (English or Japanese), but it IS the Japanese Prime toy bio conitnuity, so nyah. :P


Credited.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449405)
Posted by Vectorshot on December 26th, 2012 @ 8:15am CST
It's FUGLY!!!
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449410)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 26th, 2012 @ 9:48am CST
guarayakha wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
U.S. G1 cartoon Optimus Prime and Animated Optimus Prime never combined with another Bot. ;)


Well he was supposed to have his trailer armor in a new season of Animated until they canned it..
Yeah, but that, like his Wingblade armor, wasn't a combination with somebody else, which is why I was saying. ;)

guarayakha wrote:It's pretty funny considering that it was UltraMagnus who started the whole power armor thing, and then Masterforce happened and suddenly all Optimus must have some sort of addon in the end.
Technically, it was originally due to the Powered Convoy figure of Diaclone being an upgraded version of Battle Convoy, so had the Transformers followed in suit, Ultra Magnus's toy might have been an upgraded Optimus. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449491)
Posted by XDMan on December 26th, 2012 @ 4:35pm CST
Well, it is another non-cartoon related but yet useful way to make this and Leo Prime enter the cartoon continuity, since the Dark Energon fate for BB.
Sabrblade wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
G1 Optimus Prime and Animated Optimus Prime never combined with another Bot. ;)
His Marvel Comics counterpart and Japan's Ginrai combine with Apex Bomber and Godbomber.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449492)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 26th, 2012 @ 4:44pm CST
XDMan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
G1 Optimus Prime and Animated Optimus Prime never combined with another Bot. ;)
His Marvel Comics counterpart and Japan's Ginrai combine with Apex Bomber and Godbomber.


Apex Bomber was introduced with the Powermaster Optimus Prime reissue, which was based on God Ginrai: the original never had that, so the Marvel comics Prime didn't combine with anyone. And Ginrai is no Optimus Prime despite the appearance, though admittedly the (horrible) StarTV dub of Masterforce may say otherwise.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449501)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 26th, 2012 @ 5:34pm CST
XDMan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
G1 Optimus Prime and Animated Optimus Prime never combined with another Bot. ;)
His Marvel Comics counterpart and Japan's Ginrai combine with Apex Bomber and Godbomber.
1. You edited my post to make this point.
2. Ginrai is not Optimus/Convoy.
3. Like JelZe said, Apex Bomber didn't come about until the early-2000s and is a toy-only character without any fiction, therefore Marvel G1 Optimus never combined with anyone.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449506)
Posted by KNM2012 on December 26th, 2012 @ 5:49pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
XDMan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
G1 Optimus Prime and Animated Optimus Prime never combined with another Bot. ;)
His Marvel Comics counterpart and Japan's Ginrai combine with Apex Bomber and Godbomber.


Apex Bomber was introduced with the Powermaster Optimus Prime reissue, which was based on God Ginrai: the original never had that, so the Marvel comics Prime didn't combine with anyone. And Ginrai is no Optimus Prime despite the appearance, though admittedly the (horrible) StarTV dub of Masterforce may say otherwise.

Actually, Optimus Prime during the 1980s Marvel Comics series had Optimus Prime combine with a Nebulan named Hi-Q. And it was not until another of Optimus Prime's many deaths was Hi-Q convinced that he was Optimus Prime (which was an aftereffect that is tied to a side-effect of being a Powermaster). Plus, there are the animated commercials sporting a Powermaster Optimus Prime. Which means that there is a "animated" version of Prime that combines with another being.

So nyah on him not having some kind of Generation 1 combination! ;)
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449507)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 26th, 2012 @ 6:01pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Actually, Optimus Prime during the 1980s Marvel Comics series had Optimus Prime combine with a Nebulan named Hi-Q. And it was not until another of Optimus Prime's many deaths was Hi-Q convinced that he was Optimus Prime (which was an aftereffect that is tied to a side-effect of being a Powermaster). Plus, there are the animated commercials sporting a Powermaster Optimus Prime. Which means that there is a "animated" version of Prime that combines with another being.

So nyah on him not having some kind of Generation 1 combination! ;)
True. But we meant him combining with specifically another Transformer (or "Bot" as I wrote in my original post), whereas Hi-Q is an carbon-based lifeform. ;)

And, I originally wrote "U.S. G1 cartoon Optimus Prime", which XDMan twisted into just "G1 Optimus Prime", which is more broad than the example I gave. Why he did that, I don't know.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449543)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 26th, 2012 @ 8:27pm CST
Yeah, OK. I'll buy that. The plot, not the figure set. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449555)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 26th, 2012 @ 9:11pm CST
Mkall wrote:
El Duque wrote:Once again Optimus wears a dead guy for a suit.

He's got no respect for the dead...

If a human did that he'd be arrested and either sent to an insane asylum or an electric chair depending on the country/state of arrest.

Damn, I never thought about it that way, but Optimus's multiversal counterparts are indeed becoming akin to the many fictional movie counterparts or Ed Gein. And here I carved my last Jack-o-lantern into the likeness of Wheezel because he LOOKED like a TF version of Leatherface!

For that matter, it's also like the WWFF story "Beast Wars: CorpseMasters" working it's way into canon, just like Shattered Glass!
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449556)
Posted by KNM2012 on December 26th, 2012 @ 9:14pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:And, I originally wrote "U.S. G1 cartoon Optimus Prime", which XDMan twisted into just "G1 Optimus Prime", which is more broad than the example I gave. Why he did that, I don't know.


Mentioned the animated commercials when I responded to Jelze. Plus, there was the puppet for the "season 5" bit that I would have watched if I cared about the series by then. But yeah... If it is robot-on-robot action you want, then you caught me on a technicality. ;)

Sodan-1 wrote:Yeah, OK. I'll buy that. The plot, not the figure set. ;)


"And that is the fact, Jack!" :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449700)
Posted by XDMan on December 27th, 2012 @ 3:41pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
XDMan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
G1 Optimus Prime and Animated Optimus Prime never combined with another Bot. ;)
His Marvel Comics counterpart and Japan's Ginrai combine with Apex Bomber and Godbomber.


Apex Bomber was introduced with the Powermaster Optimus Prime reissue, which was based on God Ginrai: the original never had that, so the Marvel comics Prime didn't combine with anyone. And Ginrai is no Optimus Prime despite the appearance, though admittedly the (horrible) StarTV dub of Masterforce may say otherwise.
Damnit, Hasbro, why didn't you put him in the comics back then!? :-x

And actually, I knew Ginrai isn't Prime, so I later wondered this:

"Why did I post about Ginrai in the first place??? :???: "

But yes, Ginrai taking the name of Optimus Prime is rather mysterious in the horrible dub. ;)

Not to mention, Shattered Glass Prime doesn't even combine with anyone
Sabrblade wrote:
XDMan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:Better question - will Optimus Prime ever be able to fight anybody without a power up? He's starting to have the same schtick as Mario.
G1 Optimus Prime and Animated Optimus Prime never combined with another Bot. ;)
His Marvel Comics counterpart and Japan's Ginrai combine with Apex Bomber and Godbomber.
1. You edited my post to make this point.
2. Ginrai is not Optimus/Convoy.
3. Like JelZe said, Apex Bomber didn't come about until the early-2000s and is a toy-only character without any fiction, therefore Marvel G1 Optimus never combined with anyone.
Please read my latest post. Please. :saint:
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1449706)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 27th, 2012 @ 4:04pm CST
The reason Marvel didn't put Apex Bomber in their comics is a simple one: they never heard of it :lol: Godbomber was a later, Japan-only addition to the mold, emphasis on later. When Powermaster Prime was release in the US, Godbomber was still in development for release in Japan: several catalogs showed the prototypes, which looked very different from the final toy.
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1450245)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on December 29th, 2012 @ 7:54pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The reason Marvel didn't put Apex Bomber in their comics is a simple one: they never heard of it :lol: Godbomber was a later, Japan-only addition to the mold, emphasis on later. When Powermaster Prime was release in the US, Godbomber was still in development for release in Japan: several catalogs showed the prototypes, which looked very different from the final toy.

And even if they did hear about it at some point, they still wouldn't have put it in, since Hasbro never released it (until the 00's reissue anyway). The comic was made to sell Hasbro toys, not Japan only stuff.

Anyway I love how the mention of a dimension hopping Leo Prime is supposed to clarify something that previously didn't make sense. Yeah, now things are much less complicated.
:HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Tomy CNY Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime & Gaia Unicron Bios (aka Why Unicron Combines with Optimus Prime) (1450247)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 29th, 2012 @ 8:06pm CST
Optimum Supreme wrote:Anyway I love how the mention of a dimension hopping Leo Prime is supposed to clarify something that previously didn't make sense. Yeah, now things are much less complicated.
:HEADHURTS:
It explains how there's suddenly this other guy with the name/rank of "Prime" when there can only be one.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson
Twincast / Podcast #91:
"History Lesson"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 21st, 2014