Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page

Transformers News: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page

Friday, January 4th, 2013 2:38PM CST

Category: Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,681

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The official Transformers facebook page has shared an preview of the new comic to be featured in the Transformers Collectors's Club magazine in 2013, "Beast Wars Shattered Glass". As you can see in the preview page mirrored below the story line will feature Ultra Mammoth, who will be released in toy form later this years as part of TFCC's new figure subscription service.

Issue 49 of The TRANSFORMERS COLLECTORS' CLUB MAGAZINE kicks off the new year in a BIG way with the debut of a NEW team of Maximals led by Ultra Mammoth! The all-new ongoing comic story "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" is featured exclusively in the TCC Magazine. Check out the preview below. And for more information on the TRANSFORMERS COLLECTORS' CLUB be sure to visit http://transformersclub.com/


TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page
Credit(s): Transformers facebook page
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451697)
Posted by ScottyP on January 4th, 2013 @ 2:43pm CST
I read the title and I was like :-x

But then I actually read the page and now I'm all :D
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451699)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 4th, 2013 @ 2:45pm CST
El Duque wrote:"Beast Wars Shattered Glass".
Image

*reads comic page*

Oh, they're more like Pretenders. Okay. :D
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451704)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on January 4th, 2013 @ 2:51pm CST
the only thing i can think of after looking at this and at that BAD@$$ Eagle
is:
Image
THAT and i want a figure...
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451710)
Posted by dedcat on January 4th, 2013 @ 3:01pm CST
This makes me optimistic for a Magna Boss and BW Grimlock re-release. A repainted classics Dinobot would make a great sub figure.

Though it likely will not happen, I could use a replacement Silverbolt and Grimlock. Both originals have succumbed to brittle gold plastic syndrome.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451713)
Posted by xyl360 on January 4th, 2013 @ 3:03pm CST
starwarrior1227 wrote:the only thing i can think of after looking at this and at that BAD@$$ Eagle
is:
Image
THAT and i want a figure...

We already got a figure of all of the bots pictured alongside Ultra Mammoth:


When I saw Beast Wars Shattered Glass I was really hoping for something like including all the Universe repaints of the Beast Wars figures. They pretty much work for this, as do some of the repaints that were done for Armada and Beast Machines (i.e. the Dinobots in Beast Machines).

edit: And I LOATHE that they're retconing these guys into Autobots. Screw that, they're Maximals. Always have been, always will be. If Hasbro wants to pretend that the Beast Wars never happened, that's up to them, but those figures were all released under the Beast Wars line as Maximals, not as 'Autobots'. :MAXIMAL:
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451714)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on January 4th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CST
xyl360 wrote:
starwarrior1227 wrote:the only thing i can think of after looking at this and at that BAD@$$ Eagle
is:
Image
THAT and i want a figure...

We already got a figure of all of the bots pictured alongside Ultra Mammoth:


When I saw Beast Wars Shattered Glass I was really hoping for something like including all the Universe repaints of the Beast Wars figures. They pretty much work for this, as do some of the repaints that were done for Armada and Beast Machines (i.e. the Dinobots in Beast Machines).

edit: And I LOATHE that they're retconing these guys into Autobots. Screw that, they're Maximals. Always have been, always will be. If Hasbro wants to pretend that the Beast Wars never happened, that's up to them, but those figures were all released under the Beast Wars line as Maximals, not as 'Autobots'. :MAXIMAL:


i missed another awesome figure? :-(
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451715)
Posted by xyl360 on January 4th, 2013 @ 3:08pm CST
starwarrior1227 wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
starwarrior1227 wrote:the only thing i can think of after looking at this and at that BAD@$$ Eagle
is:
Image
THAT and i want a figure...

We already got a figure of all of the bots pictured alongside Ultra Mammoth:


When I saw Beast Wars Shattered Glass I was really hoping for something like including all the Universe repaints of the Beast Wars figures. They pretty much work for this, as do some of the repaints that were done for Armada and Beast Machines (i.e. the Dinobots in Beast Machines).

edit: And I LOATHE that they're retconing these guys into Autobots. Screw that, they're Maximals. Always have been, always will be. If Hasbro wants to pretend that the Beast Wars never happened, that's up to them, but those figures were all released under the Beast Wars line as Maximals, not as 'Autobots'. :MAXIMAL:


i missed another awesome figure? :-(

They also combine :).
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451723)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 4th, 2013 @ 3:23pm CST
I'm sorry, but this isn't "Shattered Glass" Beast Wars. This is just normal Beast Wars. At least so far. We've always known the Tripredacus members and Grimlock were the Autobots of the same name just reformatted into Maximals. Ripping off Maximum Dinobots isn't at all original either.

I was hoping FunPub would have left Beast Wars well enough alone as far as "Shattered Glass" is concerned. I have very low expectations for this. If this is the new direction they're taking with the comic, then why the hell is this years BotCon set Machine Wars based?! Why not dig out the old BW molds, or even the Cybertron Beast Planet figures, and repaint those in "Shattered Glass" colors. Gah! This just has FAIL written all over it!
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451753)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 4th, 2013 @ 4:18pm CST
I really hope this gets us Universe Dinobot repainted into Grimlock with a new head from the club. I'd happily pay for that.
:BOT:
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451756)
Posted by Super Megatron on January 4th, 2013 @ 4:22pm CST
starwarrior1227 wrote:the only thing i can think of after looking at this and at that BAD@$$ Eagle
is:
Image
THAT and i want a figure...


SO super-duper patriotic!
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451757)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 4th, 2013 @ 4:24pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:I'm sorry, but this isn't "Shattered Glass" Beast Wars. This is just normal Beast Wars. At least so far. We've always known the Tripredacus members and Grimlock were the Autobots of the same name just reformatted into Maximals. Ripping off Maximum Dinobots isn't at all original either.

I was hoping FunPub would have left Beast Wars well enough alone as far as "Shattered Glass" is concerned. I have very low expectations for this. If this is the new direction they're taking with the comic, then why the hell is this years BotCon set Machine Wars based?! Why not dig out the old BW molds, or even the Cybertron Beast Planet figures, and repaint those in "Shattered Glass" colors. Gah! This just has FAIL written all over it!


Note how this isn't in the usual Beast Wars time frame (before the Great Reformatting to be exact) and even after taking their new forms, they still call themselves Autobots. I'd like to see as yet another universal stream under threat of, or at least participating in, the "Invasion" storyline from last year's BotCon.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451760)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 4th, 2013 @ 4:38pm CST
I don't know how to respond to this... I liked the animated series, mainly because of its tie-in with the G1 cartoon, but I didn't care too much for the comics. I wonder how they will implement Shattered Glass into the folds. Shattered Glass Maximals and Predacons, perhaps? :-?
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451762)
Posted by xyl360 on January 4th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:I don't know how to respond to this... I liked the animated series, mainly because of its tie-in with the G1 cartoon, but I didn't care too much for the comics. I wonder how they will implement Shattered Glass into the folds. Shattered Glass Maximals and Predacons, perhaps? :-?

I was hoping for SG Maximals and Predacons just because it would be great to get some new repaints of some BW figures, but I doubt they're going to do that. We'll just have to wait and see though. If they do a Botcon set like that this year then it will be the first Botcon set I've ever purchased.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451799)
Posted by RAcast on January 4th, 2013 @ 7:18pm CST
xyl360 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I don't know how to respond to this... I liked the animated series, mainly because of its tie-in with the G1 cartoon, but I didn't care too much for the comics. I wonder how they will implement Shattered Glass into the folds. Shattered Glass Maximals and Predacons, perhaps? :-?

I was hoping for SG Maximals and Predacons just because it would be great to get some new repaints of some BW figures, but I doubt they're going to do that. We'll just have to wait and see though. If they do a Botcon set like that this year then it will be the first Botcon set I've ever purchased.

This year is Machine Wars, maybe next year perhaps? Though I know a lot of people are sick and tired of Shattered Glass.

In any case, this is obviously taking place before the Great Reformatting, and therefore they still call themselves Autobots. I think someone said that already, but in case it hasn't been said, thought I'd throw it out there. ;)

I, for one, am glad to see Magnaboss getting some love!
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451802)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 4th, 2013 @ 7:39pm CST
RAcast wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I don't know how to respond to this... I liked the animated series, mainly because of its tie-in with the G1 cartoon, but I didn't care too much for the comics. I wonder how they will implement Shattered Glass into the folds. Shattered Glass Maximals and Predacons, perhaps? :-?

I was hoping for SG Maximals and Predacons just because it would be great to get some new repaints of some BW figures, but I doubt they're going to do that. We'll just have to wait and see though. If they do a Botcon set like that this year then it will be the first Botcon set I've ever purchased.

This year is Machine Wars, maybe next year perhaps? Though I know a lot of people are sick and tired of Shattered Glass.

In any case, this is obviously taking place before the Great Reformatting, and therefore they still call themselves Autobots. I think someone said that already, but in case it hasn't been said, thought I'd throw it out there. ;)

I, for one, am glad to see Magnaboss getting some love!


Or a second story that is entirely seperate from the TFCC comic.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451808)
Posted by xyl360 on January 4th, 2013 @ 8:01pm CST
RAcast wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I don't know how to respond to this... I liked the animated series, mainly because of its tie-in with the G1 cartoon, but I didn't care too much for the comics. I wonder how they will implement Shattered Glass into the folds. Shattered Glass Maximals and Predacons, perhaps? :-?

I was hoping for SG Maximals and Predacons just because it would be great to get some new repaints of some BW figures, but I doubt they're going to do that. We'll just have to wait and see though. If they do a Botcon set like that this year then it will be the first Botcon set I've ever purchased.

This year is Machine Wars, maybe next year perhaps? Though I know a lot of people are sick and tired of Shattered Glass.

In any case, this is obviously taking place before the Great Reformatting, and therefore they still call themselves Autobots. I think someone said that already, but in case it hasn't been said, thought I'd throw it out there. ;)

I, for one, am glad to see Magnaboss getting some love!

Ah, gotcha. That kinda makes sense I guess, though as I understand it, none of the Maximals and Predacons on Cybertron prior to the reformatting/Pax Cybertronia had beast forms, just smaller bot modes.

Either way, I'd love to see some Beast Wars repaints/retools in any form if Botcon/Funpub are down to do them, regardless of whatever fiction they choose to justify them with (I don't collect comics, I *do* collect toys ;)).

Of course, there are still a few Beast Wars figures from Botcons past that I haven't yet acquired (from back when it was done by 3H), but I'll get them soon enough. Probably once I've completed a few more of this year's bigger purchases that I have on preorder.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451814)
Posted by RAcast on January 4th, 2013 @ 8:13pm CST
xyl360 wrote:Ah, gotcha. That kinda makes sense I guess, though as I understand it, none of the Maximals and Predacons on Cybertron prior to the reformatting/Pax Cybertronia had beast forms, just smaller bot modes.

Precisely. :) -What- your altmode is doesn't make you Autobot/Decepticon or Maximal/Predacon; what technology you use (and what size you are) determine that. Maximal/Predacon bodies were notably different, being closer to human size, sturdier, and more fuel efficient.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451821)
Posted by xyl360 on January 4th, 2013 @ 8:47pm CST
RAcast wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Ah, gotcha. That kinda makes sense I guess, though as I understand it, none of the Maximals and Predacons on Cybertron prior to the reformatting/Pax Cybertronia had beast forms, just smaller bot modes.

Precisely. :) -What- your altmode is doesn't make you Autobot/Decepticon or Maximal/Predacon; what technology you use (and what size you are) determine that. Maximal/Predacon bodies were notably different, being closer to human size, sturdier, and more fuel efficient.

Yep, which actually makes a lot of sense if you consider that somewhere in the continuity after The Rebirth (premiere of Headmasters/Targetmasters etc.), the Decepticons returned to Cybertron and the war escalated to the point of Bots and Cons upgrading into Powermasters, Pretenders and every other manner of massively powerful (and power consuming) form. The Energon has to run out sometime, it's not a renewable resource :P.

The best reasons for a truce are lack of money/resources for the war to continue combined with the fact that all of the members of the entire race face extinction if they continue to use up their lifesblood (Energon) to continue the battle.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451822)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 4th, 2013 @ 9:00pm CST
xyl360 wrote:
RAcast wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Ah, gotcha. That kinda makes sense I guess, though as I understand it, none of the Maximals and Predacons on Cybertron prior to the reformatting/Pax Cybertronia had beast forms, just smaller bot modes.

Precisely. :) -What- your altmode is doesn't make you Autobot/Decepticon or Maximal/Predacon; what technology you use (and what size you are) determine that. Maximal/Predacon bodies were notably different, being closer to human size, sturdier, and more fuel efficient.

Yep, which actually makes a lot of sense if you consider that somewhere in the continuity after The Rebirth (premiere of Headmasters/Targetmasters etc.), the Decepticons returned to Cybertron and the war escalated to the point of Bots and Cons upgrading into Powermasters, Pretenders and every other manner of massively powerful (and power consuming) form. The Energon has to run out sometime, it's not a renewable resource :P.

The best reasons for a truce are lack of money/resources for the war to continue combined with the fact that all of the members of the entire race face extinction if they continue to use up their lifesblood (Energon) to continue the battle.


Actuall, its status as a non-renewable or fenewable, depending on continuity. For example, in the Aligned universe, Energon was plentiful before Cybertron shut down.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451836)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on January 4th, 2013 @ 9:43pm CST
Canceled my subscription for this year...

I have no interest in that Depthcharge... :-(

Plus, I never actually read the comics.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451838)
Posted by Wigglez on January 4th, 2013 @ 9:46pm CST
I don't have any con-exclusice comics or any Shattered Glass comics. But I do have some Beast Wars comics like The Gathering which combines BWII and BWNeo I think, during the time the first BW series. I even had some figures like Polarclaw which was badass and and the Magnaboss combiner toy before I even found out there was was even BW from Japanese anime. I became more of a fan since I watched them after the first series. All of that being said, I will not read this. It just feels like it's butchering Beast Wars and if you people know me which most of you don't, Beast Wars is really my favorite arch of all Transformers series'. I definitely pass
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451850)
Posted by KNM2012 on January 4th, 2013 @ 10:17pm CST
xyl360 wrote:edit: And I LOATHE that they're retconing these guys into Autobots. Screw that, they're Maximals. Always have been, always will be. If Hasbro wants to pretend that the Beast Wars never happened, that's up to them, but those figures were all released under the Beast Wars line as Maximals, not as 'Autobots'. :MAXIMAL:


We don't know the full story. And they are not doing any retcons, as this has nothing to do with the Beast Wars/Machine Wars/Beast Machines trilogy. ;) However, we may be seeing the precursor to the birth of the "Shattered Glass" Maximals. Which may explain why Prowl was looking cheerful they were not talking about finding a way to abolish the Decepticons. Because they are not those kind of Autobots. Which makes me wonder if encountering any will have decide to create the Maximal faction. :-?

Besides, what annoys me the most is that neither TOMY nor e-HOBBY will integrate Ultra Mammoth into TOMY's Beast Wars continuity... Nor reissue any of the Beast Wars characters. :sad:
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451857)
Posted by xyl360 on January 4th, 2013 @ 10:40pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
xyl360 wrote:edit: And I LOATHE that they're retconing these guys into Autobots. Screw that, they're Maximals. Always have been, always will be. If Hasbro wants to pretend that the Beast Wars never happened, that's up to them, but those figures were all released under the Beast Wars line as Maximals, not as 'Autobots'. :MAXIMAL:


We don't know the full story. And they are not doing any retcons, as this has nothing to do with the Beast Wars/Machine Wars/Beast Machines trilogy. ;) However, we may be seeing the precursor to the birth of the "Shattered Glass" Maximals. Which may explain why Prowl was looking cheerful they were not talking about finding a way to abolish the Decepticons. Because they are not those kind of Autobots. Which makes me wonder if encountering any will have decide to create the Maximal faction. :-?

Besides, what annoys me the most is that neither TOMY nor e-HOBBY will integrate Ultra Mammoth into TOMY's Beast Wars continuity... Nor reissue any of the Beast Wars characters. :sad:

I suspect it's Habro holding them back with the new 'Aligned' continuity and whatnot, though I could be wrong.

Takara was more dedicated to Beast Wars back in the day than Hasbro was. They released so many exclusives (Lucky Draws and the likes), different toys etc. that never saw a release in the US, a trading card game, 2 entire animated series in addition to the CGI (just to fill in the time gap between the release and subsequent translation of Season 1 and Season 2). In fact, I've spent a great deal of time and money as a collector attempting to gather just about all things Beast Wars and have found that there turns out to be tons more Takara product out there than there is Hasbro/Kenner. I think they took the entire concept of the Beast Wars and ran with it (even if Optimus Primal was Convoy to them :P).

I know Beast Wars isn't the most popular continuity/toyline etc. in the fandom, but it was by far my favorite story and my favorite toyline so if anyone does more Beast Wars figures, be they new molds (and no, those Beast Hunters figures do NOT count, they are NOTHING like actual Beast Wars toys), repaints or retools (new heads etc.), then I'll snatch them up as fast as I can.

Anyway, like I said, I don't care about what fiction they choose to create. I never got into the comics anyway. I just want good toys which is why I signed up for the club this year. Only time will tell if I buy the Botcon set, but if it's all Machine Wars, then I probably won't be getting it unless they use some really cool molds. If they ever do a set composed completely of Beast Wars repaints and/or retools, I'll buy it in a heartbeat, even if I can't attend Botcon.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451880)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 5th, 2013 @ 12:07am CST
xyl360 wrote:edit: And I LOATHE that they're retconing these guys into Autobots. Screw that, they're Maximals. Always have been, always will be. If Hasbro wants to pretend that the Beast Wars never happened, that's up to them, but those figures were all released under the Beast Wars line as Maximals, not as 'Autobots'. :MAXIMAL:
It's called "repurposing". Fiction can portray a character differently from how its toy was presented, or even create entirely new characters from an existing character's toy. In this case, they're using toys of G1 Autobots-turned-Maximals to represent Autobots using Pretender technology.

UltraPrimal wrote:I'm sorry, but this isn't "Shattered Glass" Beast Wars. This is just normal Beast Wars.
Spoilers: Since this seems to focus on the Classicverse G1 characters (due to Ultra Magnus being in his Classics body), this probably takes place in the Shatteredverse since the Classicverse's Planet Earth (along with all of the Classicverse's last surviving occupants who were on that Earth at the time) was pulled into the Shatteredverse during a massive trans-dimensional cataclysm in the BotCon 2012 "Invasion" comic story. So, now we got a whole planet of Classics characters existing in the world of Shattered Glass.

UltraPrimal wrote:If this is the new direction they're taking with the comic, then why the hell is this years BotCon set Machine Wars based?! Why not dig out the old BW molds, or even the Cybertron Beast Planet figures, and repaint those in "Shattered Glass" colors. Gah! This just has FAIL written all over it!
Except for 2007, the magazine comic stories and convention comic stories have ALWAYS gone in their own directions separate from each other. That's the standard for how they've been doing these stories:
  • 2005 - BotCon: "Decent into Evil" story, magazine: TF: Cybertron story
  • 2006 - BotCon: Pre-Beast Wars story, magazine: TF: Cybertron story
  • 2007 - BotCon: Classics story, magazine: Classics story (lone exception)
  • 2008 - Botcon: Shattered Glass story, magazine: TransTech story
  • 2009 - BotCon Wings Universe pre-G1 story, magazine: Shattered Glass story
  • 2010 - BotCon: Wings Universe G2 story, magazine: Wings universe pre-G1 story
  • 2011 - BotCon: Animated story, magazine: Wings universe pre-G1 story
  • 2012 - BotCon: Classics/Shattered Glass story, magazine: Wings Universe G2 story
  • 2013 - BotCon: Machine Wars story, magazine "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" (whatever that means) story

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Note how this isn't in the usual Beast Wars time frame (before the Great Reformatting to be exact) and even after taking their new forms, they still call themselves Autobots. I'd like to see as yet another universal stream under threat of, or at least participating in, the "Invasion" storyline from last year's BotCon.
Yeah, this may not even be the same timeline that the Beast wars cartoon even takes place in. It could be just another G1 world that's getting ready to transition into its own rendition of the Beast Era. ;)

RAcast wrote:In any case, this is obviously taking place before the Great Reformatting, and therefore they still call themselves Autobots. I think someone said that already, but in case it hasn't been said, thought I'd throw it out there. ;)
That's IF it does take place in the same timeline as the Beast Wars cartoon, since it's also possible that this is some other world from the one portrayed in that show and such. ;)
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451906)
Posted by xyl360 on January 5th, 2013 @ 1:21am CST
Hmm, perhaps this comic's intent is to explain exactly how the Autobots and Decepticons (and later the Maximals and Predacons) first developed the capability to replicate organic life forms with their scanners, something that was never really explained in the Beast Wars series. It makes sense that it would involve 'Pretender' technology, though I've no idea how 'Powermaster' tech would fit into it (but why not right :P?).

Still, hopefully we'll see some Beast Wars repaints out of this. If we get those, I don't care what the fiction is. So far the only ones that Funpub has done that I'm aware of are Ultra Mammoth (Big Convoy) and Virulent Clone/Buzzsaw/Dirge (all from the Beast Wars Buzzclaw mold). All the rest I believe were 3H and Botcon Japan in the late 90's.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451916)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 5th, 2013 @ 2:01am CST
xyl360 wrote:Hmm, perhaps this comic's intent is to explain exactly how the Autobots and Decepticons (and later the Maximals and Predacons) first developed the capability to replicate organic life forms with their scanners, something that was never really explained in the Beast Wars series. It makes sense that it would involve 'Pretender' technology, though I've no idea how 'Powermaster' tech would fit into it (but why not right :P?).
This looks more like the Classics characters in the Shattered Glass universe, making this have nothing to do with the Beast Wars cartoon world and instead be a new, alternate Beast wars setting. ;)
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451917)
Posted by RAcast on January 5th, 2013 @ 2:06am CST
xyl360 wrote:Hmm, perhaps this comic's intent is to explain exactly how the Autobots and Decepticons (and later the Maximals and Predacons) first developed the capability to replicate organic life forms with their scanners, something that was never really explained in the Beast Wars series. It makes sense that it would involve 'Pretender' technology, though I've no idea how 'Powermaster' tech would fit into it (but why not right :P?).

Still, hopefully we'll see some Beast Wars repaints out of this. If we get those, I don't care what the fiction is. So far the only ones that Funpub has done that I'm aware of are Ultra Mammoth (Big Convoy) and Virulent Clone/Buzzsaw/Dirge (all from the Beast Wars Buzzclaw mold). All the rest I believe were 3H and Botcon Japan in the late 90's.

I like that idea! My reaction to the Powermaster tech being involved was similar, haha. Perhaps it's involved in making the new bodies tougher? :lol: (see: Waspinator)
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1451939)
Posted by xyl360 on January 5th, 2013 @ 5:23am CST
RAcast wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Hmm, perhaps this comic's intent is to explain exactly how the Autobots and Decepticons (and later the Maximals and Predacons) first developed the capability to replicate organic life forms with their scanners, something that was never really explained in the Beast Wars series. It makes sense that it would involve 'Pretender' technology, though I've no idea how 'Powermaster' tech would fit into it (but why not right :P?).

Still, hopefully we'll see some Beast Wars repaints out of this. If we get those, I don't care what the fiction is. So far the only ones that Funpub has done that I'm aware of are Ultra Mammoth (Big Convoy) and Virulent Clone/Buzzsaw/Dirge (all from the Beast Wars Buzzclaw mold). All the rest I believe were 3H and Botcon Japan in the late 90's.

I like that idea! My reaction to the Powermaster tech being involved was similar, haha. Perhaps it's involved in making the new bodies tougher? :lol: (see: Waspinator)

I think you're onto something there. There's got to be some serious tech behind Waspy's uncanny ability to survive...life as Waspinator :P.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1452005)
Posted by STngAR on January 5th, 2013 @ 10:59am CST
There are comic fans and non-comic fans


There are Beast Wars fans and non-Beast Wars fans


There are Shattered Glass fans and non-Shattered Glass fans


As a fan of the 2nd just give me my Ultra Mammoth!!
:MAXIMAL:
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453152)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CST
Clarification from the Club:

https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club

Lets clear up some things about the 2013 story BEAST WARS Shattered Glass... The SG Universe is now home to Classics Earth.
Along with Classics earth, a few dozen Heroic Autobots and Evil Decepticons now reside in the Shattered Glass Universe.
BEAST WARS Shattered Glass takes place in the distant past on Shattered Glass Earth and features the Heroic Maximals led by Ultra Mammoth
Fighting against the Evil Predacons. WHO these Preds are will be revealed in Issue 49. The story focuses on the Classics characters.
However, with this story taking place ON Shattered Glass Earth, there may be some cool twists...
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453153)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 8th, 2013 @ 2:51pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Clarification from the Club:

Lets clear up some things about the 2013 story BEAST WARS Shattered Glass... The SG Universe is now home to Classics Earth.
Along with Classics earth, a few dozen Heroic Autobots and Evil Decepticons now reside in the Shattered Glass Universe.
BEAST WARS Shattered Glass takes place in the distant past on Shattered Glass Earth and features the Heroic Maximals led by Ultra Mammoth
Fighting against the Evil Predacons. WHO these Preds are will be revealed in Issue 49. The story focuses on the Classics characters.
However, with this story taking place ON Shattered Glass Earth, there may be some cool twists...


That clears up a lot of enigma. I was wondering how they were going to pull it off.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453169)
Posted by El Duque on January 8th, 2013 @ 3:45pm CST
The official Transformers Collectors' Club has tweeted out a little clarification regarding their recently previewed "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" comic, which will be featured in upcoming issues of the club magazine. See the tweets below:

Lets clear up some things about the 2013 story BEAST WARS Shattered Glass... The SG Universe is now home to Classics Earth.
Along with Classics earth, a few dozen Heroic Autobots and Evil Decepticons now reside in the Shattered Glass Universe.
BEAST WARS Shattered Glass takes place in the distant past on Shattered Glass Earth and features the Heroic Maximals led by Ultra Mammoth
Fighting against the Evil Predacons. WHO these Preds are will be revealed in Issue 49. The story focuses on the Classics characters.
However, with this story taking place ON Shattered Glass Earth, there may be some cool twists...


Issue 49 of The TRANSFORMERS COLLECTORS' CLUB MAGAZINE kicks off the new year in a BIG way with the debut of a NEW team of Maximals led by Ultra Mammoth! The all-new ongoing comic story "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" is featured exclusively in the TCC Magazine. Check out the preview below. And for more information on the TRANSFORMERS COLLECTORS' CLUB be sure to visit http://transformersclub.com/


Image
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453177)
Posted by xyl360 on January 8th, 2013 @ 4:22pm CST
Let's see those Preds. Hopefully we'll be getting some Beast Wars repaints out of this, though so far it doesn't look like it (other than Ultra Mammoth who we already knew about).
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453178)
Posted by dedcat on January 8th, 2013 @ 4:23pm CST
Translation: We're going to sell you expensive repainted toys.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453179)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 8th, 2013 @ 4:23pm CST
xyl360 wrote:Let's see those Preds. Hopefully we'll be getting some Beast Wars repaints out of this, though so far it doesn't look like it (other than Ultra Mammoth who we already knew about).


I can see them repainting Universe Dinobot into Grimlock. But for the rest of them, I couldn't tell you.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453187)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 8th, 2013 @ 4:35pm CST
:BANG_HEAD: I just hope we move through EVERYTHING SHATTERED GLASS as quickly as possible. The next obvious step would be DOUBLE SHATTERED GLASS where the heroic Decepticons are evil! OOOOOOOOHH HOOO HOOO :DANCE: This is the laziest abuse of a multiverse concept ever. It sucks.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453188)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 8th, 2013 @ 4:40pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:The next obvious step would be DOUBLE SHATTERED GLASS where the heroic Decepticons are evil!


Hmm, Shattered Shattered Glass, where Autobots are good and Decepticons are evil...

Image

:lol:
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453199)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CST
Guys, this is "Shattered Glass the World", not "Shattered Glass the Concept".

These are Classicverse Autobots becoming Maximals taking part in their own Beast Wars in the ancient past of the Shatteredverse's Earth.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453204)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 8th, 2013 @ 5:09pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Guys, this is "Shattered Glass the World", not "Shattered Glass the Concept".

These are Classicverse Autobots becoming Maximals taking part in their own Beast Wars in the ancient past of the Shatteredverse's Earth.


But the question is... how did they get to Shattered Glass Earth's distant past?
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453205)
Posted by Mkall on January 8th, 2013 @ 5:16pm CST
I gotta admit that I enjoyed the Shattered Glass concept. I would've even accepted Magnus, Prowl, Ironhide & Silverbolt going back to the past and acquiring their Beast Forms.

But I'm having a REALLY tough time accepting this line of rationalization. There's just too much going on in FunPub's universe as a whole right now that just seems forced to justify a few toys.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453206)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2013 @ 5:17pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Guys, this is "Shattered Glass the World", not "Shattered Glass the Concept".

These are Classicverse Autobots becoming Maximals taking part in their own Beast Wars in the ancient past of the Shatteredverse's Earth.


But the question is... how did they get to Shattered Glass Earth's distant past?
There is an answer, but it's very spoilerific for those who haven't been keeping up with the Fun Pub fiction.

This is the most straightforward rundown of events leading up to this that I've seen. But, again, spoilers.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453207)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 8th, 2013 @ 5:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Guys, this is "Shattered Glass the World", not "Shattered Glass the Concept".

These are Classicverse Autobots becoming Maximals taking part in their own Beast Wars in the ancient past of the Shatteredverse's Earth.


But the question is... how did they get to Shattered Glass Earth's distant past?
There is an answer, but it's very spoilerific for those who haven't been keeping up with the Fun Pub fiction.

This is the most straightforward rundown of events leading up to this that I've seen. But, again, spoilers.


Honest to God, that explanation makes perfect sense.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453210)
Posted by Seibertron on January 8th, 2013 @ 5:35pm CST
Mkall wrote:I gotta admit that I enjoyed the Shattered Glass concept. I would've even accepted Magnus, Prowl, Ironhide & Silverbolt going back to the past and acquiring their Beast Forms.

But I'm having a REALLY tough time accepting this line of rationalization. There's just too much going on in FunPub's universe as a whole right now that just seems forced to justify a few toys.


I agree that there's too much going on with FunPub's "universe". It's extremely convoluted. I'm pretty knee deep with the Transformers hobby and I really have no idea what's going on with the FunPub stuff. It's such a mess that I gave up trying to understand what's going on. It's a bummer too ... because there could have been some cool stuff such as integrating the upcoming Depth Charge figure into the BotCon 2006 pre-Beast Wars storyline, retconning Ultra Mammoth into the original Beast Wars stories (or at least the IDW storyline), introducing Circuit and Scourge into THE Classics Universe, and so on. I'd rather have a 6 to 8 page mini-comic (ala the old Masters of the Universe mini-comics and the Target exclusive Transformers DOTM toys) that gives the characters a little backstory that just makes for a fun read instead of trying to build upon an ill-conceived, extremely convoluted and difficult-to-follow multi-universe storyline.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453240)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 8th, 2013 @ 7:30pm CST
What Seibertron said. PLUS, it's tired. Shattered Glass has become a sack of laundry. Work.

My opinion only. Lets move on to something different SGCC....I mean TFCC.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453242)
Posted by Super Megatron on January 8th, 2013 @ 7:41pm CST
In the world of the Transformers - the battle between the not so evil Decepticons and the okay Autobots.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453256)
Posted by xyl360 on January 8th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Let's see those Preds. Hopefully we'll be getting some Beast Wars repaints out of this, though so far it doesn't look like it (other than Ultra Mammoth who we already knew about).


I can see them repainting Universe Dinobot into Grimlock. But for the rest of them, I couldn't tell you.

That would be awesome, he's a much better figure IMO. I doubt they will though since Grimmy already has a toy from the Beast Wars line as do all the others shown so far except Mammoth/Magnus, who we already know about.

I agree that their fiction has gotten way out of hand. I don't pay attention to it. I buy the toys I like and disregard the fiction they slap together to justify them. Of course it doesn't help their cause that I have never followed any of the TF comics, but lacking fiction never stopped me from collecting non-show figures of lines I liked, so for me the entire point is moot as long as I gets me some more Beast Wars repaints :).
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453298)
Posted by STngAR on January 8th, 2013 @ 11:07pm CST
Shattered Glass = The Stars Slaged :MAXIMAL:
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453300)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 8th, 2013 @ 11:27pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:The next obvious step would be DOUBLE SHATTERED GLASS where the heroic Decepticons are evil!


Hmm, Shattered Shattered Glass, where Autobots are good and Decepticons are evil...

:lol:

Maybe they mean Shattered Glass Movie-verse? Where the Transformers don't look like collections of iron filings and the Autobots aren't raging murderous psychopaths.
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453301)
Posted by Rated X on January 8th, 2013 @ 11:30pm CST
Death to shattered glass !!! Lets flush this s**t already !!!
Re: TFCC "Beast Wars Shattered Glass" Preview Page (1453305)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2013 @ 11:51pm CST
STngAR wrote:Shattered Glass = The Stars Slaged :MAXIMAL:
"Slaged"? ("slayj'd") :P

Needs two G's to be "slagged". :-B

Click here to view an additional 10 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014