Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image

Transformers News: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image

Friday, January 4th, 2013 6:56PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 24,170

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fans of Bot Shots noticed an image of a new Bot Shots set that was revealed earlier in Robotkingdom's newsletter. Not a whole lot is known about this set at this time but the picture reveals the set includes a new Optimus Prime mold, an unknown Decepticon figure, two launchers and a spinning dragon pit. While the package doesn't sport the name Beast Hunters, it is clear that this set is at least Beast Hunters inspired.

Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image
Credit(s): Robotkingdom.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1451797)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 4th, 2013 @ 7:09pm CST
I would say the unknown Decepticon is Megatron, but I can't make out any discernible features other than the head. It does resemble the classic bucket helmet Megatron has always had.
Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1451871)
Posted by buddhaquest on January 4th, 2013 @ 11:36pm CST
Purple? Galvatron... or Grape Ape.
Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1452035)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 5th, 2013 @ 2:16pm CST
New Optimus Prime mold? #-o I might have to get it...

Judging by the colors the con looks like Galvatron. I wonder if this is foreshadowing anything on the show... probably not.
Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1452075)
Posted by morphobots on January 5th, 2013 @ 4:30pm CST
I think they resemble some odd mash-up of G1 and Cybertron Optimus and Megatron. The Decepticon's vehicle mode looks like Cyber Megs's dragster mode, while Optimus remains G1-style in both modes. Although, and this is a stretch, if you squint you could say with the red-and-grey colors for his alt mode that it is Cyber Op's fire truck, the grey part being the ladder/cannons (and ignoring the exhaust stacks). May sound ridiculous, but I don't think any retcon is out of Hasbro's reach.
Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1452282)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on January 6th, 2013 @ 10:26am CST
i have to disagree with the puple one being megatron or galvatron. it has a faceplate/mouthguard like optimus does.
Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1452284)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 6th, 2013 @ 10:40am CST
Immortal Starscream wrote:i have to disagree with the puple one being megatron or galvatron. it has a faceplate/mouthguard like optimus does.


The image is too blurry to make out any facial features. It could be either be a faceplate or a legit mouth.
Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1452351)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on January 6th, 2013 @ 12:58pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:i have to disagree with the puple one being megatron or galvatron. it has a faceplate/mouthguard like optimus does.


The image is too blurry to make out any facial features. It could be either be a faceplate or a legit mouth.


actually i cleaned it up in photoshop. it is definatly a faceplate. however his helmet is identical to prime megatron's. so yes, i suppose it really could be a galvatron.
Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1452361)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 6th, 2013 @ 1:17pm CST
Immortal Starscream wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:i have to disagree with the puple one being megatron or galvatron. it has a faceplate/mouthguard like optimus does.


The image is too blurry to make out any facial features. It could be either be a faceplate or a legit mouth.


actually i cleaned it up in photoshop. it is definatly a faceplate. however his helmet is identical to prime megatron's. so yes, i suppose it really could be a galvatron.


Would you care to show said clearer image here on Seibertron?
Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1452388)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on January 6th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CST
its fare from a perfect image. i sharpened the edges, and played with the contrast on a color by color basis in order to give a bit more definition to the details. its still pretty rough, but its clear that if he has a mouth, its right where his nose should be, and hes got a definitive anglular line right down the middle of his face like prime does. but as you can see, its very clear that his helm is tf prime megatrons' helm. so yes, it could be galvatron. or something new entirely. but color wise, galvatron would be a decent match. but if thats not a face mask, then hes got a chin the size of optimus primes face, with a crease down the middle
Re: Bot Shots Dragon Track Set Image (1452406)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 6th, 2013 @ 2:35pm CST
Immortal Starscream wrote:its fare from a perfect image. i sharpened the edges, and played with the contrast on a color by color basis in order to give a bit more definition to the details. its still pretty rough, but its clear that if he has a mouth, its right where his nose should be, and hes got a definitive anglular line right down the middle of his face like prime does. but as you can see, its very clear that his helm is tf prime megatrons' helm. so yes, it could be galvatron. or something new entirely. but color wise, galvatron would be a decent match. but if thats not a face mask, then hes got a chin the size of optimus primes face, with a crease down the middle


I'm definitely seeing a mouth there. What you're probably seeing is his chin.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Robot Masters RM-16 RobotMasters 16 Victory Leo - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 1 minute 19 seconds
Transformers Animated Supreme Class Roll Out Command Optimus Prime NIB - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 46 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Henkei C-19 Minibot Spy Team Takara Warpath / Cosmos / Wheelie - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 16 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Animated Voyager Class Autobot Grimlock 2008 - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 1 minute 31 seconds
Transformers Animated Leader Class Autobot Ultra Magnus - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 16 minutes 21 seconds
KRE-O Transformers Stealth Bumblebee Building Set 98814 Vehicle Kreon 4 figures - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 35 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Movie 2007 Protoform Optimus Prime MIB NEW - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 53 minutes 35 seconds
1985 Brazil Estrela Hasbro Blue Gears Mini Cars 100% Complete Transformers - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 53 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016