Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider

Friday, January 25th, 2013 10:18AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,619

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Planet Iacon Facebook page has shared a few images of the recently released Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, and AM-32 Wild Rider. Check out the images mirrored below.

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 thru 32

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 thru 32

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 thru 32

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 thru 32

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 thru 32
Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457936)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 25th, 2013 @ 10:48am CST
Not the best photos in the world. Looking at these two here really has me doubting whether I could accept these as Frenzy and Rumble. That being said, they do look good together.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457937)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 25th, 2013 @ 10:49am CST
Ok, im sold on Wildrider. May even put him with my Classics.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457939)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 25th, 2013 @ 10:57am CST
grimdragon2001 wrote:Ok, im sold on Wildrider. May even put him with my Classics.


My thoughts exactly, especially since Gentei Wildrider is so expensive. Bring on a proper Classics Dead End!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457946)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:11am CST
Rumble and Frenzy do look good... and yet, NOTHING like the original robots. (even ignoring the alt mode.)

Very easy pass.

BUT Wildrider looks fanstastic... and his little elephant parter is worth the price by itself. FANTASTIC. Definitely getting that one. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457950)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:27am CST
gothsaurus wrote:Rumble and Frenzy do look good... and yet, NOTHING like the original robots. (even ignoring the alt mode.)
Neither did these Rumbles, yet no one complained about them:

Image

Why should looking GEEWUN matter for non-G1 characters?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457951)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:33am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Rumble and Frenzy do look good... and yet, NOTHING like the original robots. (even ignoring the alt mode.)
Neither did these Rumbles, yet no one complained about them:

Image

Why should looking GEEWUN matter for non-G1 characters?


Two factors:

1) His Japanese name was Romanized as "Ramble"
2) His US name was Scrapmetal

These two made dismissing them a whole lot more acceptable :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457952)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:41am CST
You're right. It doesn't matter... unless they want me to actually BUY them. Then it matters a little. Heh.

Those crane-bots just looked like they slapped the name on since they were about the same size... But with these, you can SEE there is a reference to the G1 characters. I just hate to see poorly executed homages, and where they pull from so many other influences besides Transformers. The face-chest is clearly ripping off other toy lines, which I hate to see. That dilutes the brand.

But again, just airing my own opinion. I respect that other people like them... and acknowledge that they're not intended to BE G1 cassette Rumble and Frenzy.

I just don't like them. (Insert Tard the Grumpy Cat image here.)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457953)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:44am CST
Cruddy low-res pictures, but the red one looks nice! Glad I preordered him. I just wish they came with the Hasbro weapons too. Silly that you have to buy both to get 1 set of piledrivers.

Wildrider looks good too but I don't really need him.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457954)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:45am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:1) His Japanese name was Romanized as "Ramble"
"Minelba", "Clerken", "Ultla Magnus", "Dai Atras", "Galaxyconvoy", "Firstaid", "Mastermegatron"; Engrish mistakes happen.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457956)
Posted by Henry921 on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:51am CST
grimdragon2001 wrote:Ok, im sold on Wildrider. May even put him with my Classics.


One of the best aspects of the AM line is how it fills the Decepticon ranks with characters who can be placed in multiple fictions, within and without Prime continuity.

I like using Jet Vehicons as faceless henchmen in my Wfc display and like Cylas Breakdown in my Prime Decepticon lineup, one episode be damned.

Bit disappointed in Rumble ( RIRFIB!) but I'll probably feel better about it once he's in my hand.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457959)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:56am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:1) His Japanese name was Romanized as "Ramble"
"Minelba", "Clerken", "Ultla Magnus", "Dai Atras", "Galaxyconvoy", "Firstaid", "Mastermegatron"; Engrish mistakes happen.


All the more convenient for dismissal, right? ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457960)
Posted by freaky777 on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:57am CST
Thought I post some of my photos here as they are relevant..

The versatile WheelJack Mold
Image

AM Frenzy
Image

Octopus!!
Image

Rumble & Frenzy
Image
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457961)
Posted by Spleenzorio on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:58am CST
Hmmmm these might end up being the first AM figures I get. I've wanted that Rumble mold for a while now and haven't found him locally.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457967)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 25th, 2013 @ 12:40pm CST
freaky777 wrote:Thought I post some of my photos here as they are relevant..

The versatile WheelJack Mold
Image

AM Frenzy
Image

Octopus!!
Image

Rumble & Frenzy
Image


1st photo:
Nice collection ;)^

2nd photo:
Is that one half of a decal on the hood? Or does the red have the other half?

3rd photo:
... and his name is Dago, from tako, which means Octopus :)

4th photo:
Similar yet different. I'll have to think long and hard. :-?

O, since you have both Stunt Wildrider and Frenzy, could you tell us what numbers are on the runners of the Microns?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457968)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 25th, 2013 @ 12:40pm CST
Thanks for the comparison pics! I'd love to see vehicle modes as well! :grin:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457970)
Posted by RAcast on January 25th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CST
Henry921 wrote:
grimdragon2001 wrote:Ok, im sold on Wildrider. May even put him with my Classics.


One of the best aspects of the AM line is how it fills the Decepticon ranks with characters who can be placed in multiple fictions, within and without Prime continuity.

I like using Jet Vehicons as faceless henchmen in my Wfc display and like Cylas Breakdown in my Prime Decepticon lineup, one episode be damned.

Bit disappointed in Rumble ( RIRFIB!) but I'll probably feel better about it once he's in my hand.

Conveniently, they pretty much are those guys anyway. Same continuity. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457972)
Posted by freaky777 on January 25th, 2013 @ 1:07pm CST
Thought I post a little more pictures to answer some questions.

Here's AM Wildrider!
Image

And his pet, Elephant!
Image

A together shot.
Image

A comparison shot of Vehicles.
Image
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457974)
Posted by freaky777 on January 25th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
1st photo:
Nice collection ;)^

2nd photo:
Is that one half of a decal on the hood? Or does the red have the other half?

3rd photo:
... and his name is Dago, from tako, which means Octopus :)

4th photo:
Similar yet different. I'll have to think long and hard. :-?

O, since you have both Stunt Wildrider and Frenzy, could you tell us what numbers are on the runners of the Microns?


1. Thanks.
2. It is just half, Rumble has the other half.
3. Good to know.
4. Rumble & Frenzy Micron's numbers are M36 with a (R) or (F) respectively. Wildrider's Micron's number is M37.

Hope this helps!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1457994)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 25th, 2013 @ 2:02pm CST
freaky777 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
1st photo:
Nice collection ;)^

2nd photo:
Is that one half of a decal on the hood? Or does the red have the other half?

3rd photo:
... and his name is Dago, from tako, which means Octopus :)

4th photo:
Similar yet different. I'll have to think long and hard. :-?

O, since you have both Stunt Wildrider and Frenzy, could you tell us what numbers are on the runners of the Microns?


1. Thanks.
2. It is just half, Rumble has the other half.
3. Good to know.
4. Rumble & Frenzy Micron's numbers are M36 with a (R) or (F) respectively. Wildrider's Micron's number is M37.

Hope this helps!


Many thanks! The elephant's name is Ozu btw, from zou, which is Japanese for Elephant :)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458002)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 25th, 2013 @ 2:53pm CST
This leads me to ask: Hasbro, where is Frenzy???
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458003)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2013 @ 2:55pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:This leads me to ask: Hasbro, where is Frenzy???
He's on sabbatical. :P

A.K.A. "Unreleased" - http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91601
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458006)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 25th, 2013 @ 3:02pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:This leads me to ask: Hasbro, where is Frenzy???
He's on sabbatical. :P

A.K.A. "Unreleased" - http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91601



For now, but who knows? Maybe season 4 of Prime will bring him to shelves.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458017)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:03pm CST
RAcast wrote:Conveniently, they pretty much are those guys anyway. Same continuity. ;)


No offense to you personally, but I'm really tired of hearing people point that out all the time. Who cares? Regardless of whatever silly master plan Hasbro has, they're seperate toylines with different visual styles.

Yeah, sorry... it's just been getting on my nerves. :lol:

So back to the topic at hand. Damn, those extra pics make these look so good, especially next to the Hasbro one. If only the Takara ones came with the regular piledrivers there would be no contest.

And it's making me want every variation of the Wheeljack mold too, but I must resist...
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458018)
Posted by RAcast on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:08pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:And it's making me want every variation of the Wheeljack mold too, but I must resist...


That was my first thought too, haha. Or at least one of each character. Prime Dead End is gloriously neon on my shelf! If I cave and get Jet Vehicon General, maybe I'll get Wildrider too? :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458021)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:14pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:Regardless of whatever silly master plan Hasbro has, they're seperate toylines with different visual styles.
So were Beast Wars and Beast Machines. ;)

But, in all seriousness, I get what you're saying. I guess it's just that it keeps getting mentioned since there are still so many who aren't aware of it and such.

I mean, using the above example, I look at my BW and BM toys and, if I didn't know any better, I probably wouldn't see any real connection or relation between the two toylines beyond the generic presence of both having some animal-based toys since the two are very aesthetically distinct from one another. The BM toys even "feel" different from the BW toys and such. ;)

kirbenvost wrote:And it's making me want every variation of the Wheeljack mold too, but I must resist...
How many times has that been used, btw? PRID, Dead End, AM, Dark Energon, Wildrider, BH... six? Or am I missing one?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458022)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:19pm CST
I wish we had a non-transluscent version of ole "Slicer," but still... guessing I'll need to track that version down. I have just about all the others.

That said, I'd lurve a nice main-line release in the classics version mold of Wheeljack in Slicer colors. They could call it whatever they wanted.

Wait a minute. I'd just love a G1 recolor as Slicer. That would be smooth.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458024)
Posted by RAcast on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:30pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:I wish we had a non-transluscent version of ole "Slicer," but still... guessing I'll need to track that version down. I have just about all the others.

That said, I'd lurve a nice main-line release in the classics version mold of Wheeljack in Slicer colors. They could call it whatever they wanted.

Wait a minute. I'd just love a G1 recolor as Slicer. That would be smooth.

eHobby exclusive! :lol:
They did do Energon WheeljackDownshift as Slicer for Botcon one year.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458027)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:35pm CST
RAcast wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:I wish we had a non-transluscent version of ole "Slicer," but still... guessing I'll need to track that version down. I have just about all the others.

That said, I'd lurve a nice main-line release in the classics version mold of Wheeljack in Slicer colors. They could call it whatever they wanted.

Wait a minute. I'd just love a G1 recolor as Slicer. That would be smooth.

eHobby exclusive! :lol:
Oh, if only! But I think the G1 Wheeljack mold is among those that have been lost/destroyed/etc.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458032)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CST
Yeah, that one's pretty... just a little blocky.

Reminds me, I can't recall merging him with anyone ever. Hmmm. With Thunderclash and Nightbeat, I can think of at least three or five (including the shatteredverse ones) Energon combiners from the TFCC/Botcon lineup. Am I missing any?

Oh yeah. Back on topic. This Wheeljack mold IS really nice...maybe my top pick for the Prime line.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble, AM-31 Frenzy, & AM-32 Wild Rider (1458033)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:40pm CST
Mental note: buy a junker Wheeljack, some blue paint, and some paint thinner.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014