Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go!

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go!

Friday, February 15th, 2013 6:49PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,354

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of twitter user trafes20120505 we some scans from a Japanese trade publication that reveals Takara Tomy's official name for Transformers Prime Beast Hunters, Transformers Go! The scans, which we've mirrored below, include Transformers Go!, Generations, Super GT, and Be Cool. The only new figure information comes from the Be Cool line. 2012's Transformers Bot Shots Launchers will be released in new colors.

Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go!

Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go!

Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go!

Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go!
Credit(s): trafes20120505
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464804)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 15th, 2013 @ 7:13pm CST
Seems like that title would've been more appropriate for the Japanese dub of TF Animated.

Maybe there's a tie-in to the game?

Oh wait game, of course, they're telegraphing that Beast Hunters will indeed be the last season via Monopoly reference:
Transformers Prime will NOT pass GO->...
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464809)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 15th, 2013 @ 7:21pm CST
So the silhouetted Generations Scourge next to Grimlock, that's supposed to be Senator Ratbat, right?
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464813)
Posted by hinomars19 on February 15th, 2013 @ 7:35pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:So the silhouetted Generations Scourge next to Grimlock, that's supposed to be Senator Ratbat, right?


Yup :)
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464848)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 15th, 2013 @ 9:57pm CST
TEEN TITAN TRANSFORMERS GO!
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464864)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 15th, 2013 @ 11:19pm CST
When there's trouble you know who to call... Transformers!
From their HQ they can see it all... Transformers!
When there's Deceps on the attack,
You can rest knowing they got your back,
Cuz when the world needs heroes on patrol...
Transformers GO!

With their transformations they unite... Transformers!
Never met a villain that they liked... Transformers!
They got the bad Cons on the run.
They never stop till the job gets done.
Cuz when the world is losing all control...
Transformers GO!

One, two, three, four, GO!
Transformers

:P

EDIT: Ninja'd by previous post. :oops:
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464899)
Posted by Sargent on February 16th, 2013 @ 5:40am CST
GO-Bots? :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464922)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 16th, 2013 @ 8:31am CST
Sargent wrote:GO-Bots? :-?
:WHISTLE:


:P :P :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464925)
Posted by Rated X on February 16th, 2013 @ 8:35am CST
Dumbest name of the year award goes to "Transformers Go".
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464932)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 16th, 2013 @ 9:04am CST
Interesting that the Autobots and Decepticons have "Hunter" in front of their names. I wonder what the gimmick will be. It does acknowledge the characters coming from Prime and the "NEW Style"

In case it was missed, the toy line will launch in April.
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464935)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 16th, 2013 @ 9:13am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Interesting that the Autobots and Decepticons have "Hunter" in front of their names. I wonder what the gimmick will be.
Spikiness? ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464936)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 16th, 2013 @ 9:14am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Interesting that the Autobots and Decepticons have "Hunter" in front of their names. I wonder what the gimmick will be.
Spikiness? ;)


Aside from that :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464938)
Posted by Delta Magnus on February 16th, 2013 @ 9:24am CST
Japanese Transformers names have always been...odd.

I'm interested to see whether they will continue with the "model kit" approach though.
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1464950)
Posted by STngAR on February 16th, 2013 @ 10:47am CST
Creative. >:oP



:MAXIMAL:
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465075)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 16th, 2013 @ 8:39pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:When there's trouble you know who to call... Transformers!
From their HQ they can see it all... Transformers!
When there's Deceps on the attack,
You can rest knowing they got your back,
Cuz when the world needs heroes on patrol...
Transformers GO!

With their transformations they unite... Transformers!
Never met a villain that they liked... Transformers!
They got the bad Cons on the run.
They never stop till the job gets done.
Cuz when the world is losing all control...
Transformers GO!

One, two, three, four, GO!
Transformers

:P

EDIT: Ninja'd by previous post. :oops:
i can already hear the music to that...
awesome
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465099)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 16th, 2013 @ 10:46pm CST
Hearing this makes me wonder what we should expect from them, and what kind of season Beast Hunters will become. Because to be honest, the last time they made a change to a series name... It was Beast Machines. And atop of becoming "Beast Wars Return," it became a Satellite Station exclusive. Then again, it was put out years later and the toys were Toys"R"Us exclusives. So there is a 50/50 chance that will not happen, even though the season/series is short.

As for this news... It excites me! I mean it may mean that they will go from what happens in PRIME and actually give us, the fans of their Arms Micron line, a sequel... Kind of like Beast Wars II. :KREMZEEK: They have the potential and also have Lio Convoy (as Leo Prime) there. So all I can say is that I am excite for a chance to hear about that. That, and maybe a Beast Saga-like version of ALL SPARK. But that is me being a fanboy of their stuff right now. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465203)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 17th, 2013 @ 1:41pm CST
Transformers Go?

Okay. There's an outhouse over yonder. >:oP
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465214)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 17th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Because to be honest, the last time they made a change to a series name... It was Beast Machines.
What about their renaming of Transformers: Prime into being "Chou Robot Seimeitai Transformers: Prime" (Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime)? Yeah, they kept the "Prime" part, but the "Chou Robot Seimeitai" part was new to the title, since it wasn't in the English name. And, not every Japanese series name has used the "Chou Robot Seimeitai" part. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465303)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 17th, 2013 @ 11:53pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Because to be honest, the last time they made a change to a series name... It was Beast Machines.
What about their renaming of Transformers: Prime into being "Chou Robot Seimeitai Transformers: Prime" (Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime)? Yeah, they kept the "Prime" part, but the "Chou Robot Seimeitai" part was new to the title, since it wasn't in the English name. And, not every Japanese series name has used the "Chou Robot Seimeitai" part. ;)


How about this then? The point you are trying to make is based on the fact that Takara announced that CarRobots was not going to be a new G1 series. Hence the lack of the moniker. And that the same was said when they collaborated with Hasbro when it came to the Micron/Unicron Trilogy. Yet, forgot to mention that the addition of the moniker dates back to Beast Wars, and the fact that they used it as a way of saying that this is their version of the franchise... And their version is more appropriate for their own target audience. Which was a practice completed in 2004, when Beast Machines (as "Beast Wars Returns") made its first and only real TV appearance on satellite only channel network MobaHO! - TAKARAND (note: corrected that error) before re-airing on Cartoon Network Japan. But even then, it was still edited for the target Japanese audience.

Hence when they announced this toyline with a new moniker, which could easily be "Super Robot Lifeform Transformers Prime: GO!" in the end, we all know that they have access to the planned events for season 3. But seriously, 13 episodes? It sounds like a series too short to promote a toyline on TV, hence the exclusive approach that they can revive. Meanwhile, starting a new series starring Leo Prime and his own team of Autobots, versus Decepticons that want to both revive and serve Unicron. (Speculations, but mostly based on his Arms Micron profile.) Plus, it would help cap things off by having the movie be part of a double-feature, with the other part being an event that has both Leo and Optimus teaming up for a brief event. :-?

So tell me... Would you prefer hoping that this decision may mean you get to see Lio Convoy/Leo Prime return to the small screen? Or the point you tried making here? :-? ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465332)
Posted by Antron on February 18th, 2013 @ 2:56am CST
So, will Go! still feature microns? I was at TF source and the pics they are using for Japanese Beast Hunters looks to have the US toy weapons. It could just be a place holder but I'm curious how long they are going to ride the Micron gimmick out. I personally like the Microns.

They were a cheap into to Japanese Transformers and I'm definitely going to start buying some Takara versions from here on out. With US prices going up so much the hit doesn't seem as hard now.
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465366)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 18th, 2013 @ 5:45am CST
Antron wrote:So, will Go! still feature microns? I was at TF source and the pics they are using for Japanese Beast Hunters looks to have the US toy weapons. It could just be a place holder but I'm curious how long they are going to ride the Micron gimmick out. I personally like the Microns.

They were a cheap into to Japanese Transformers and I'm definitely going to start buying some Takara versions from here on out. With US prices going up so much the hit doesn't seem as hard now.


It doesn't look like TF:Go! while features Arms Microns, but don't be surprised if they do return again as store give-aways.
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465430)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 18th, 2013 @ 2:01pm CST
Antron wrote:So, will Go! still feature microns? I was at TF source and the pics they are using for Japanese Beast Hunters looks to have the US toy weapons. It could just be a place holder but I'm curious how long they are going to ride the Micron gimmick out. I personally like the Microns.

They were a cheap into to Japanese Transformers and I'm definitely going to start buying some Takara versions from here on out. With US prices going up so much the hit doesn't seem as hard now.


Like Jelze said, they might do a store campaign for the Arms Microns themselves. However, seeing how they are the result of Earth-based energon mutating the Cybertronian technology in TOMY's fiction... I have to assume that they will not have these be based on Earth. Or, at the very least, within the same continuity. Not sure yet what to think. But between us, I am 100% hoping that they will do a series starring Leo Prime. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465489)
Posted by Antron on February 18th, 2013 @ 4:36pm CST
So, it looks like I have no real reason to start paying more for Takara toys after all. The Arms Micron series is sweet and I'd pony up for those just because they came with something you don't get in the US. But, if it's gonna be like all of the other series again, what's really the point?

Are Takara toys HONESTLY worth twice the price if they are just gonna be copies of the US toys? Sure, I hear they are "made better" but how? Better plastic? Aren't they all manufactured at the same place?

I was sort of excited to be in the market for Japanese figures and the dramatic differences between the PRID and the Arms Micron lines really made it feasible. Now I'm back to "'eh".

So, now that they've removed my incentive, I'd like for some of you folks to tell me why I should spend twice the money, to a foreign economy on top of it, for a product that, for now, seems to not be even close to twice the toy now that they lack that exclusive Micron appeal.

I haven't seen any of the Go! toys that I'm aware of so I am making some assumptions. Please feel free to correct me. (That is ultimately what I want.) And before you start putting planks together to make crosses to nail me to, I am well aware that I am supporting a foreign economy on about 80%-90% of my purchases, but why should I deny Hasbro US of their cut? If the products are substantially better then I don't have any issues of where my money goes.

Please post your opinions. I know there are a lot of collectors on one side of the fence or the other but I'd really like to hear from both sides. Preferably people who have experience with both US and Japanese toys. Thanks for all of your input so far. Even though it really wasn't the news I wanted to hear. :(
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465493)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 18th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CST
Generally speaking, TakaraTomy versions have more paint apps compared to Hasbro versions and sometimes differences in plastic colors. More often than not this results in better accuracy, but whether or not it's worth the extra dough is up to one's individual tastes.
If the differences are minor I go with Hasbro, especially if it's cheaper and plentiful. However, if TakaraTomy releases a unique version or is easier to come by, I'm all over it.
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465624)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 19th, 2013 @ 3:47am CST
Antron, it is simply this: Takara Tomy pieces cost more because they are imports. So you are paying the same price as it would cost to buy it here, plus additional import related fees. ;)

And on a different note... I am skipping on GO! for the time being, as it appears that GO! is nothing more like they are either going to have this line fill in any gaps tied to their PRIME continuity or just add it to their own Generation One multiverse. Or that PRIME is just another branch of the post-merger Generation One tree. All possible because from what I am seeing, unless things change, "EG" and "G" are the same line... With "EG" possibly meaning "Early Generation." And for those who have not seen the current line-up, here it is (compliments of TFsource):

EG-01: Optimus Prime
EG-02: Bumblebee
EG-03: Prowl
EG-04: Smokescreen
EG-05: Hound
EG-06: Tank Megatron
EG-07: Starscream
EG-08: Airachnid
EG-09 and EG-10: TBA
G-11: Optimus Prime
G-12: Dragotron (Predaking)
G-13: Shockwave
G-14: Bumblebee
G-15: Bulkhead
G-16: Wheeljack
G-17: Starscream
G-18: Soundwave
G-19: Smokescreen

And to be honest, here is what I am thinking: "....." :BOOM:

Granted, it is their call. They already introduced Lio Convoy (as Leo Prime) into this continuity, which means that they have full rights to say that their version of PRIME is part of the Generation One multiverse. It is their call. They can also say that the events in their own timeline go: EG -> AM -> G. That also would make sense.

But for me... Yeah. I am now wondering what this means for the "Beast Hunters" line, and if those are actually red herrings in the most part. And if that is the case, I also wonder what it will mean for TOMY's handle of season 3. :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465650)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 19th, 2013 @ 8:00am CST
Actually, a more likely explanation for "EG" is as a contraction of "EZ", their catch-all term for Legends and by extension, Cyberverse, and "Go": EZ-Go = EG :)

EG-numbers all refer to Cyberverse and Legends figures, and are a mix of G1 and Prime Beast Hunters.
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465714)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 19th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Actually, a more likely explanation for "EG" is as a contraction of "EZ", their catch-all term for Legends and by extension, Cyberverse, and "Go": EZ-Go = EG :)

EG-numbers all refer to Cyberverse and Legends figures, and are a mix of G1 and Prime Beast Hunters.


I agree with that. However, this is Takara Tomy. So them doing this has an extra meaning. And knowing them, they will eventually say that Transformers GO! is part of the G1 multiverse, and connects with such series. Or... Throw us a curveball, as I recognize some of the figures from a Kabaya set, and put out more PRIME-centric versions of them. Or... They hired M. Night to write the back story for this series and the twist is that everybody becomes a Prime... As Takara Tomy has decided that they do not have enough of them. :lol:

But in all honesty, I tend to over-think on certain things when I make speculations. Because for all I know is that they are trying to turn this line into a G1-meets-PRIME series, and nothing more. :-B So don't mind me, as I have to cut this short (donating red blood cells today) and need to figure out how to handle a few aspects tied to my collection. (Lets just say that I have a hard time wanting to collect certain Commanders/Leaders.) And all-in-all... I am hoping to see the final pics of E-11 Optimus Prime now. :PEACE:
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465751)
Posted by Antron on February 19th, 2013 @ 4:49pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Antron, it is simply this: Takara Tomy pieces cost more because they are imports. So you are paying the same price as it would cost to buy it here, plus additional import related fees. ;)


Yeah I know that most of the markup is because of shipping. I really like Alternators and wanted BinalTech but I just couldn't spend 20-25 on the figure and 40-50 for shipping. Sadly, if they would have cost more, I prob would have gotten a couple because the shipping and cost were even.

Anyway, I'm gonna skip on Go! for now too and pick up some Arms Microns now that some of them are getting fairly cheap. I may get some Takara Generations (or whatever their version is) There's just so much out and so much coming out.

My poor wallet :(
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1465829)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 20th, 2013 @ 12:25am CST
Antron wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Antron, it is simply this: Takara Tomy pieces cost more because they are imports. So you are paying the same price as it would cost to buy it here, plus additional import related fees. ;)


Yeah I know that most of the markup is because of shipping. I really like Alternators and wanted BinalTech but I just couldn't spend 20-25 on the figure and 40-50 for shipping. Sadly, if they would have cost more, I prob would have gotten a couple because the shipping and cost were even.

Anyway, I'm gonna skip on Go! for now too and pick up some Arms Microns now that some of them are getting fairly cheap. I may get some Takara Generations (or whatever their version is) There's just so much out and so much coming out.

My poor wallet :(


I 100% relate. While I am skipping GO! as well, I am having a very hard time choosing which Commanders and Supreme Commanders (and their exclusive variants) to add. Namely because of limited finances, limited planned space, and other aspects. And what sucks is that they also added pics promoting Transformers GT to this topic! :sad:

Seriously. I hope that turns out to be some non-G1 promotional line. Much less one solely put out by Toy Hobby Market if it is. Otherwise, I think my wallet is going to launch itself into the sun. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1466023)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 20th, 2013 @ 11:09pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So tell me... Would you prefer hoping that this decision may mean you get to see Lio Convoy/Leo Prime return to the small screen? Or the point you tried making here? :-? ;)
I... don't think we're on the same page here. What point was I making? :oops:

As for Leo Prime, I doubt we'll see him since his toy was mostly just a means to use the Thundertron mold, and his bio was written autonomously from the people behind the Japanese dub.
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1466083)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 21st, 2013 @ 6:20am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So tell me... Would you prefer hoping that this decision may mean you get to see Lio Convoy/Leo Prime return to the small screen? Or the point you tried making here? :-? ;)
I... don't think we're on the same page here. What point was I making? :oops:

As for Leo Prime, I doubt we'll see him since his toy was mostly just a means to use the Thundertron mold, and his bio was written autonomously from the people behind the Japanese dub.


Something that sounds like "Super Robot Lifeform Transformers Prime is nothing more than a Japanese dub of Transformers: Prime." Which I solely disagree on account that the events are the same, but the personalities and dialogue were changed to fit the age group that they were going for. But that is me pondering the direction of GO! and if they will use Prime's "death" as an excuse to replace him with Leo Prime. :lol:

And as for Leo Prime... I disagree on the part that on the part of their role in 1988, with two Headmasters becoming Headmaster Junior. The fact that they said that they wanted to do more with the Arms Microns, but have to do their own stuff if they do. And the fact that we have no clue if the season 3 events are immediate, months later, or even years later. Which means that GO! is either the successor of Prime, treated as a separate event, and what it means for the future of Leo Prime and the Arms Microns.

However... Based on his bio, I think they intend to use him, and not just have him sitting around avoiding anything that has to do with Prime. Because that is called retirement, and he looks like he would be lousy at playing Bingo. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1466129)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2013 @ 10:25am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Something that sounds like "Super Robot Lifeform Transformers Prime is nothing more than a Japanese dub of Transformers: Prime."
Well, that isn't the point I was trying to make. The only point I was trying to make was "Transformers: Prime was renamed Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Prime in Japan" and that's all.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Which I solely disagree on account that the events are the same, but the personalities and dialogue were changed to fit the age group that they were going for.
I agree with you, as that wasn't what I was saying and I don't know where that came from.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And as for Leo Prime... I disagree on the part that on the part of their role in 1988, with two Headmasters becoming Headmaster Junior.
Huh? :???:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:The fact that they said that they wanted to do more with the Arms Microns, but have to do their own stuff if they do.
Where was this said? :???:

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And the fact that we have no clue if the season 3 events are immediate, months later, or even years later. Which means that GO! is either the successor of Prime, treated as a separate event, and what it means for the future of Leo Prime and the Arms Microns.
I think it might be like how Beast Wars Metals was for Japanese Beast Wars.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:However... Based on his bio, I think they intend to use him, and not just have him sitting around avoiding anything that has to do with Prime. Because that is called retirement, and he looks like he would be lousy at playing Bingo. ;)
Yeah, but his bio was written separately from the show. Hydra wrote it from his own imagination, and he's got no ties to the people who work on the show.

Not to mention how there's the Optimus Prime + Gaia Unicron bio that put Leo Prime working alongside Optimus Prime, which didn't happen in the show. The toy bios are a separate continuity from the TV show.
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1466282)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 21st, 2013 @ 6:14pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And as for Leo Prime... I disagree on the part that on the part of their role in 1988, with two Headmasters becoming Headmaster Junior.
Huh? :???:


1988 Headmasters named Night Beat and Siren. Night Beat was both recolored and renamed Minelba, and Siren was altered (via redeco) into Goshooter. People assume that the names are currently a typo, due to the line coming out the same year as the series. But in truth, the copyright states that the characters were made in 1987... Which means that the names and bios pre-date their animated roles. Which, in fact, states that with Optimus appearing to be dead at the end of Prime, they can establish their own fiction and use him as the main leader. ;)

Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:The fact that they said that they wanted to do more with the Arms Microns, but have to do their own stuff if they do.
Where was this said? :???:


Representatives within TOMY, in regards to the reason why they cannot establish the roles of the Arms Microns outside the Arms Micron Theater. This, by the way, is why I have had a long-standing interest in the series. :-B
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1466286)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2013 @ 6:27pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:1988 Headmasters named Night Beat and Siren. Night Beat was both recolored and renamed Minelba, and Siren was altered (via redeco) into Goshooter. People assume that the names are currently a typo, due to the line coming out the same year as the series. But in truth, the copyright states that the characters were made in 1987... Which means that the names and bios pre-date their animated roles. Which, in fact, states that with Optimus appearing to be dead at the end of Prime, they can establish their own fiction and use him as the main leader. ;)
Not sure how that relates to this, but okay... I think.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Representatives within TOMY, in regards to the reason why they cannot establish the roles of the Arms Microns outside the Arms Micron Theater. This, by the way, is why I have had a long-standing interest in the series. :-B
Sounds interesting. Got a link?
Re: Takara Tomy Version of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters to be Called Transformers Go! (1466635)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 23rd, 2013 @ 12:43am CST
FIRST PART: Point was that based on their adopted history, Takara Tomy may surprise you with either an anime or manga series starring Leo Prime. Myself, I would not be surprised if it is a manga that begins once ALL SPARK is done with. But would love to see this be animated, and add their PRIME version of Ironhide to the series. ;)

SECOND PART: Sadly, not anymore. When I first read it, it was around the time that both the series and Arms Micron aspect were introduced, which actually pre-dates my trip to Ikebukuro by a few short months. But I do have photos of how they displayed the first wave of Arms Microns at the Toys"R"Us in Ikebukuro, as well as a pic of a sign that says "CLUB PRIMUS" on it. :D