Chicago Cubs World Series 2016 8-Disc Collector's Edition Set from Shout! Factory

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2

Monday, February 25th, 2013 12:55AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,044

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui continues to tease fans with a second Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl silhouette from a slightly different angle. According to the accompanying tweet the figure will be fully revealed in early March.

Site sponsors have this figure listed for a July release, with MP-18 Smokecreen and MP-19 Bluestreak repaints to follow in August and September.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser
Credit(s): Shogo Hasui
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467037)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2013 @ 1:02am CST
Henry921 wrote:Where, exactly did I contradict myself? My point of contention was "the very nature of the Masterpiece line", which I felt was intentionally designed both to select popular characters and molds which could be redecoed and retooled, as indeed, Seekers and OP are, and the Alert/Sideswipe mold has already demonstrated.
The very nature of the MP line is to take G1 designs and makes them super detailed and as show-accurate as possible with modern engineering. The use of redeco-able molds is just a business strategy not inherently tied to the purpose of the MP line. That's a strategy that is used for far more than just the MPs.

The contradiction comes from saying, "I think redecoes and retools are core to the Masterpiece series, just as it was to the original G1 toyline." By saying that they're as essential to MP line as the G1 line, that implies that both any molds that we redeoced and any molds that were new molds in G1 deserves the same treatment in MP form. Meaning that since Jazz was a different mold from Prowl in G1, he should have his own MP mold as well, which contradicts the claim that Jazz would work as a remold of MP Prowl.

That last paragraph made more sense in my head before I typed it, so I hope I worded it coherently enough. (:| I-)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467069)
Posted by Sinnertwin on February 25th, 2013 @ 4:35am CST
Enough with the teasers already!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467071)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on February 25th, 2013 @ 4:54am CST
So, how does this new dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing differ from the first dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467073)
Posted by KnightStrike on February 25th, 2013 @ 5:44am CST
You think by now Takara could afford some light bulbs ;) Seriously wish they would drop the teaser thing and just show pics of their products, its killing me to find out if these bots are indeed Datsun 280Zs :PRAY:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467074)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 25th, 2013 @ 6:27am CST
one question is are these going to have licencing by nissan like sideswipe and red alert were with Lamborghini? and if they did jazz would he be a Porsche, since jazz was a Porsche in G1 would Porsche still have issues licensing transformers like they have in the past or would jazz be something else?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467078)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 25th, 2013 @ 7:19am CST
This has me very aroused.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467100)
Posted by noctorro on February 25th, 2013 @ 9:24am CST
<grumpy>

Before you pump out yet another Masterpiece, and choosing a mold that's been pretty much done in the Alternator line, you should consider rethinking the transformations.
My Seeker is flimsey, if you grab it by the waist the front of the body falls down, can't rotate the shoulders without shifting bigger parts etc.

tnx, Takara bye

</grumpy>
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467109)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2013 @ 10:08am CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So, how does this new dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing differ from the first dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing?
This is from a different angle. :P

KnightStrike wrote:You think by now Takara could afford some light bulbs ;) Seriously wish they would drop the teaser thing and just show pics of their products, its killing me to find out if these bots are indeed Datsun 280Zs :PRAY:
That's the idea. They do this to keep us in suspense and get us excited. It's all just to build up hype.

If they showed it to us now, the big reveal to come later would be spoiled.

Ultra Markus wrote:one question is are these going to have licencing by nissan like sideswipe and red alert were with Lamborghini? and if they did jazz would he be a Porsche, since jazz was a Porsche in G1 would Porsche still have issues licensing transformers like they have in the past or would jazz be something else?
But this is Prowl. :???:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467120)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 25th, 2013 @ 11:34am CST
Photoshoppers, anyone able to get more detail out of this one?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467122)
Posted by Muscle Man on February 25th, 2013 @ 11:52am CST
ENOUGH WITH THE REPAINTS!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467139)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CST
Muscle Man wrote:ENOUGH WITH THE REPAINTS!
Er, this toy is a new mold.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467145)
Posted by TimothyR on February 25th, 2013 @ 2:14pm CST
My one and only complaint (it's minor) is that the ends of his doors don't curl up like they did in the show.

And I REALLY hope he doesn't have "POLICE" painted on his doors. Leave that to hasbro.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467148)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 25th, 2013 @ 2:20pm CST
TimothyR wrote:My one and only complaint (it's minor) is that the ends of his doors don't curl up like they did in the show.

And I REALLY hope he doesn't have "POLICE" painted on his doors. Leave that to hasbro.


Even if the Takara G1 toy had them too?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467182)
Posted by Stormrider on February 25th, 2013 @ 5:08pm CST
noctorro wrote:<grumpy>

Before you pump out yet another Masterpiece, and choosing a mold that's been pretty much done in the Alternator line, you should consider rethinking the transformations.
My Seeker is flimsey, if you grab it by the waist the front of the body falls down, can't rotate the shoulders without shifting bigger parts etc.

tnx, Takara bye

</grumpy>


I understand your gripe and agree, but I think they did a pretty good job MP Sidesweipe, Convoy, and Soundwave. I have faith MP Prowl will have better articulation than the seekers.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467184)
Posted by KnightStrike on February 25th, 2013 @ 5:14pm CST
KnightStrike wrote:You think by now Takara could afford some light bulbs ;) Seriously wish they would drop the teaser thing and just show pics of their products, its killing me to find out if these bots are indeed Datsun 280Zs :PRAY:

[quote]Sabrblade wrote:
That's the idea. They do this to keep us in suspense and get us excited. It's all just to build up hype.
If they showed it to us now, the big reveal to come later would be spoiled.[/quote]

Point well taken, but this is Prowl(and more importantly for me the same mold as Bluestreak!) we are talking about! This much suspense just isn't right ;) On a more serious note, Nissan owns the rights to all things Datsun and Nissan has expressed no issues with licensing to HasTak for TFs correct, or am I getting things confused again?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467185)
Posted by sdn1337 on February 25th, 2013 @ 5:15pm CST
Come on... takara is definitely doing this on purpose! You can tell that this figure along with smokescreen and bluestreak are going to be awesome though. Can't wait to see what they actually look like.

I also hope that takara/hasbro keeps the same scale with the mp line. They probably will though i don't see why rescaling again would do any good. They probably did that with optimus because that was their first masterpiece ever and it was a test in a way.

But hopefully by 2015 most of the G1 roster will be out. I don't know though. That would be A LOT of mp figures in such little time. I just want to see everyone looking exactly how they looked in the show.

I wasn't alive when G1 started, but i bet anyone that was never thought years from then they'd have figures that look pretty much exactly the way they do in the show. The wonders of technology and the mind.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467188)
Posted by KnightStrike on February 25th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CST
sdn1337 wrote:Come on... takara is definitely doing this on purpose! You can tell that this figure along with smokescreen and bluestreak are going to be awesome though. Can't wait to see what they actually look like.

I also hope that takara/hasbro keeps the same scale with the mp line. They probably will though i don't see why rescaling again would do any good. They probably did that with optimus because that was their first masterpiece ever and it was a test in a way.

But hopefully by 2015 most of the G1 roster will be out. I don't know though. That would be A LOT of mp figures in such little time. I just want to see everyone looking exactly how they looked in the show.

I wasn't alive when G1 started, but i bet anyone that was never thought years from then they'd have figures that look pretty much exactly the way they do in the show. The wonders of technology and the mind.


I am pretty sure if in 1984 someone had told me that one day I would get Transformers that looked just like they did in the cartoon and have oodles of articulation so you could do all kinds of awesome poses my kid brain would have exploded from sheer awesomeness :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467190)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 25th, 2013 @ 5:39pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So, how does this new dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing differ from the first dark silhouette that shows you next to nothing?
This is from a different angle. :P

KnightStrike wrote:You think by now Takara could afford some light bulbs ;) Seriously wish they would drop the teaser thing and just show pics of their products, its killing me to find out if these bots are indeed Datsun 280Zs :PRAY:
That's the idea. They do this to keep us in suspense and get us excited. It's all just to build up hype.

If they showed it to us now, the big reveal to come later would be spoiled.

Ultra Markus wrote:one question is are these going to have licencing by nissan like sideswipe and red alert were with Lamborghini? and if they did jazz would he be a Porsche, since jazz was a Porsche in G1 would Porsche still have issues licensing transformers like they have in the past or would jazz be something else?
But this is Prowl. :???:

So, im not talking about Prowl
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467208)
Posted by Anonymous. on February 25th, 2013 @ 6:56pm CST
If they can get Lamborghini on board, I'm pretty damn sure all other motor companies are eager to follow.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl Teaser #2 (1467217)
Posted by TimothyR on February 25th, 2013 @ 7:31pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
TimothyR wrote:My one and only complaint (it's minor) is that the ends of his doors don't curl up like they did in the show.

And I REALLY hope he doesn't have "POLICE" painted on his doors. Leave that to hasbro.


Even if the Takara G1 toy had them too?


If you notice, takara shoots more for toon accuracy. Hence their recent starscream, hot rod, and the accessories that soundwave and sideswipe come with.

In the cartoon neither car doors or robot mode doors had "POLICE" painted on them.

The only thing that takara omits are colors, especially silver for white. In the toon, primes waist and thighs are white, while his toy is silver/grey, same goes for parts of soundwaves legs and his forearms.

Hasbro will probably take the toy version, similar to what they did with hot rod.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in he world, it just wouldn't really coincide with the accuracy that they've been striving for lately.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Legend LG-03 Tankor NEW Japan - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 30 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Rotf OPTIMUS JETFIRE complete Legend class figures - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 46 minutes 25 seconds
HOT Transformers Vintage G1 REISSUE Hasbro Decepticon Insecticon BOMBSHELL Boxed - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 47 minutes 28 seconds
BRAND NEW - Transformers Robots in Disguise Universe Railbots Midnight Express - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 33 minutes 8 seconds
BRAND NEW - Transformers Robots in Disguise Universe Railbots Tankor - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Animated Voyager Class Decepticon STARSCREAM New from 2008 - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 18 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers 2013 Masterpiece G1 MP-17 Prowl Edition Coin & Amazon Cannon Only - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 21 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers  2009  Mighty Muggs Bumblebee prototype - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 23 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory
Twincast / Podcast #160:
"Grappling with Memory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
Website Security Test