Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 7:46PM CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,790

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to an official press release from the Hub highlighting their upcoming March programming we can now report Transformers Prime Season 3 "Beast Hunters" will be premiering on March 22nd. The full press release can be found by clicking here. The March 22nd episode is titled "Darkmount, NV", see the brief synopsis below. The press release also reveals the title and synopsis the the second episode, "Scattered", which will air on March 29th, again see below for details.

Transformers Prime Season 3 Beast Hunters will introduce the new Predacon faction, but sadly mark the final chapter in the Prime saga.

Friday, March 22

“Transformers Prime” Season 2 Marathon (3:30 – 7 p.m.) – Hub TV Network Original Series
Just in time for the premiere of the all-new season, catch up on some of your favorite episodes from
season two of “Transformers Prime” when The Hub presents a four-hour marathon of eight back-to-back
episodes of the popular animated series.
Rating: TV-Y7, FV

“Transformers Prime Beast Hunters” – Hub TV Network Original Series
NEW SEASON PREMIERE
(New episode: 7:30 – 8 p.m.)
“Darkmount, NV” – While Optimus struggles to survive after Megatron’s destruction of the Autobot base,
the separated members of Team Prime try to reconnect. Rating: TV-Y7, FV


Friday, March 29

“Transformers Prime Beast Hunters”
(New episode: 7:30 – 8 p.m.)
“Scattered” – The Autobots search for signs of each other, but start to lose hope while the Decepticons welcome a key player to their ranks. A win for Wheeljack may ultimately lead to an Autobot defeat. TV-Y7, FV
Credit(s): Jimmy, The Hub
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467463)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 26th, 2013 @ 7:54pm CST
FINALLY! Something to count down to! Can't wait to see this season. I really hope it's not the last one though, and that it continues on in some form.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467464)
Posted by Henry921 on February 26th, 2013 @ 7:56pm CST
Is that a working title?

Still, good to finally know! One month, ladies and gentlemen... this'll probably pop a good rating for the Hub.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467472)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:13pm CST
About time. I was getting restless over when Season 3 was going to premiere.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467474)
Posted by AlphaReject93 on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:13pm CST
Wait, Optimus survived that blast at the end of season 2?! I'm sure everyone thought he died.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467479)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CST
There's also the 2nd episode's title and description in that report.

Friday, March 29

“Transformers Prime Beast Hunters”
(New episode: 7:30 – 8 p.m.)
“Scattered” – The Autobots search for signs of each other, but start to lose hope while the Decepticons welcome a key player to their ranks. A win for Wheeljack may ultimately lead to an Autobot defeat. TV-Y7, FV


AlphaReject93 wrote:Wait, Optimus survived that blast at the end of season 2?! I'm sure everyone thought he died.


Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467484)
Posted by Henry921 on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:19pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:There's also the 2nd episode's title and description in that report.

Friday, March 29

“Transformers Prime Beast Hunters”
(New episode: 7:30 – 8 p.m.)
“Scattered” – The Autobots search for signs of each other, but start to lose hope while the Decepticons welcome a key player to their ranks. A win for Wheeljack may ultimately lead to an Autobot defeat. TV-Y7, FV




Oh, so THAT's the title.

Well, better than "Darkmouth, NV".
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467487)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:21pm CST
Henry921 wrote:
Oh, so THAT's the title.

Well, better than "Darkmouth, NV".


No. Like I said, "Scattered" season three's second episode. "Darkmouth, NV" is season three's first episode.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467488)
Posted by nikkinavarro on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:22pm CST
Yes!!!! I have been waiting forever. I can't wait for the new season
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467494)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CST
I got all excited when I saw "Darkmount, NV" as the title. Then I got sad when I realised it was just my mild dislexia. #-o
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467498)
Posted by Henry921 on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:31pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
Henry921 wrote:
Oh, so THAT's the title.

Well, better than "Darkmouth, NV".


No. Like I said, "Scattered" season three's second episode. "Darkmouth, NV" is season three's first episode.


Well, crap. :-(

D'oh well. I'm still excited but... man, that title.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467499)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:32pm CST
Anyone who thought Optimus was dead doesn't know how this franchise works. :P
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467501)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:35pm CST
ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467506)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:41pm CST
Henry921 wrote:D'oh well. I'm still excited but... man, that title.


"Darkmouth, NV." "Darkmouth, Nevada." Hmmmm... :-?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467511)
Posted by Bouncy X on February 26th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CST
Lemme guess, teletoon in Canada won't air it til the fall like they did season 2.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467535)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 26th, 2013 @ 9:54pm CST
Glad to know that. I hope my DVR will pick it ip. :D

And on a side-note, Takara Tomy has announced that Transformers GO! will not be tied to this season, much less the series altogether. The translation was not clear if they mean they are going to continue the series, start their own side-series, or anything that might detail their plans for the future when it comes to their incarnation of PRIME and their Arms Micron line. :-?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467536)
Posted by Rhinox23 on February 26th, 2013 @ 9:55pm CST
I'm so glad this was finally announced! :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

My prediction for the first episode: Optimus actually used the Star Saber to cut off his own arm to close the ground bridge right after he went through it. So, he is out there somewhere alone missing an arm and leaking energon...hence "Optimus struggles to survive."

My hope for episode two: That the Predacons are introduced in the first episode since there will only be thirteen overall. I'm crossing my fingers that "while the Decepticons welcome a key player to their ranks" isn't just the first emergence of Predaking that was shown in the trailer. Again, since this series is Beast Hunters the beasts had better be in every episode out of the gate (IMHO)!

Maybe the "key player" is the side-switcher...like Ratchet? :-?

Also, does anyone think or expect the season to follow the "Tales of the Beast Hunters" snippets found in the BH toy instructions? I have mixed feelings about these bios/stories.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467537)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 26th, 2013 @ 9:58pm CST
Rhinox23 wrote:Maybe the "key player" is the side-switcher like Ratchet? :-?


Or...you know....Shockwave.



Also, does any think or expect the season to follow the "Tales of the Beast Hunters" snippets found in the BH toy instructions?


Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467542)
Posted by Rhinox23 on February 26th, 2013 @ 10:05pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:Maybe the "key player" is the side-switcher like Ratchet? :-?


Or...you know....Shockwave.


You could very well be right about it being Shockwave. Again, I just hope that the clip from the IGN trailer and the earlier teaser where Shocky introduces Predaking occurs in the first episode. Hence my speculation if your prediction doesn't happen (though it does seem most likely).
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467543)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2013 @ 10:05pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And on a side-note, Takara Tomy has announced that Transformers GO! will not be tied to this season, much less the series altogether. The translation was not clear if they mean they are going to continue the series, start their own side-series, or anything that might detail their plans for the future when it comes to their incarnation of PRIME and their Arms Micron line. :-?
Most curious, indeed. Where was this?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467562)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 26th, 2013 @ 10:52pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And on a side-note, Takara Tomy has announced that Transformers GO! will not be tied to this season, much less the series altogether. The translation was not clear if they mean they are going to continue the series, start their own side-series, or anything that might detail their plans for the future when it comes to their incarnation of PRIME and their Arms Micron line. :-?
Most curious, indeed. Where was this?


Autobase Aichi: http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-2975.html

Every viable translator I used had given a slightly different take (with some portions not translating at all for two) of what is said. However, they all say that GO! is not part of the anime series. In all cases, finding a slightly better translation, they mean season 3.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467567)
Posted by Henry921 on February 26th, 2013 @ 10:59pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
Also, does any think or expect the season to follow the "Tales of the Beast Hunters" snippets found in the BH toy instructions?





Well... they might mention it off hand, in filling in the Predacons' backstories. They might want to show off their sense of continuity. A few generic statements are sometimes all the characterization the Cons get. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467569)
Posted by LiKwid on February 26th, 2013 @ 11:14pm CST
Mt cable provider just dropped a bunch of channels and the hub was one of them. Is there another site I could catch season 3 on? Driving my crazy Im missin out on it =(
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467571)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2013 @ 11:18pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And on a side-note, Takara Tomy has announced that Transformers GO! will not be tied to this season, much less the series altogether. The translation was not clear if they mean they are going to continue the series, start their own side-series, or anything that might detail their plans for the future when it comes to their incarnation of PRIME and their Arms Micron line. :-?
Most curious, indeed. Where was this?


Autobase Aichi: http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-2975.html

Every viable translator I used had given a slightly different take (with some portions not translating at all for two) of what is said. However, they all say that GO! is not part of the anime series. In all cases, finding a slightly better translation, they mean season 3.
Interesting. Though, I usually don't trust machine translations (since places like Google Translate couldn't accurate translate full sentences to save a life :P ), but this does merit looking into. I've now asked about it elsewhere and hope to hear back about it.

Hopefully we'll get some more clarification in the near future.

Henry921 wrote:Well... they might mention it off hand, in filling in the Predacons' backstories. They might want to show off their sense of continuity. A few generic statements are sometimes all the characterization the Cons get. ;)
Maybe, but I wouldn't expect too much of the story to follow it, considering how "Tales of the Beast Hunters" killed off Megatron.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467573)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2013 @ 11:23pm CST
LiKwid wrote:Mt cable provider just dropped a bunch of channels and the hub was one of them. Is there another site I could catch season 3 on? Driving my crazy Im missin out on it =(
YouTube?

Someone usually uploads it either a few hours after or the next day after it airs. Sure, it gets taken down a few days later, but it's better than nada. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467580)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 27th, 2013 @ 12:11am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And on a side-note, Takara Tomy has announced that Transformers GO! will not be tied to this season, much less the series altogether. The translation was not clear if they mean they are going to continue the series, start their own side-series, or anything that might detail their plans for the future when it comes to their incarnation of PRIME and their Arms Micron line. :-?
Most curious, indeed. Where was this?


Autobase Aichi: http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-2975.html

Every viable translator I used had given a slightly different take (with some portions not translating at all for two) of what is said. However, they all say that GO! is not part of the anime series. In all cases, finding a slightly better translation, they mean season 3.
Interesting. Though, I usually don't trust machine translations (since places like Google Translate couldn't accurate translate full sentences to save a life :P ), but this does merit looking into. I've now asked about it elsewhere and hope to hear back about it.

Hopefully we'll get some more clarification in the near future.


Dude? I talk to people who do not read English and occasionally require me to use an accurate translator. So when it comes to this, I got your back and would not have said anything if what is translated sounds like BS. ;)

Besides, Takara Tomy is my win-win situation with the franchise. Because if they are deciding to expand with their own content... I win. If not, I still win because both versions are cosmetically different (and I love it). :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467663)
Posted by MaximusRodimus on February 27th, 2013 @ 11:10am CST
I just went to the Hub website and signed into and sent them a email trying to convince them not to end the series after season 3. Maybe if we get enough people to email them they will rethink ending the show!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467669)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 27th, 2013 @ 11:37am CST
MaximusRodimus wrote:I just went to the Hub website and signed into and sent them a email trying to convince them not to end the series after season 3. Maybe if we get enough people to email them they will rethink ending the show!




I'm sorry, but that won't do much anything. All you'll get an automated email response back.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467725)
Posted by XDMan on February 27th, 2013 @ 2:15pm CST
March 22nd!? That is definetely the perfect gift from Takara/Hasbro that I have witnessed by date: A post B-Day gift! And also, it's good to see Prime alive!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467731)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 27th, 2013 @ 2:45pm CST
MaximusRodimus wrote:I just went to the Hub website and signed into and sent them a email trying to convince them not to end the series after season 3. Maybe if we get enough people to email them they will rethink ending the show!


Atop of what Pryme said, it was proven that campaigns like these do not work. At best, it will only result in them appreciating the fact that fans will want more. However, Shinichiro Watanabe pointed out (when it came to why he ended Cowboy Bebop after 26 episodes and a movie) that it is better to end the series when people demand more than it is to dilute it with second-rate stories that might turn away any part of the fanbase.

So when it comes to you and your enjoyment of the series, I recommend taking this feeling as an excuse to delve into the IDW tie-in comics and maybe consider checking out TOMY's version of the series. That, and not see this as the end of a series, but the conclusion of a chapter in a rather larger story. ;)

XDMan wrote:March 22nd!? That is definetely the perfect gift from Takara/Hasbro that I have witnessed by date: A post B-Day gift! And also, it's good to see Prime alive!


Actually, Hasbro is doing it first because they claim they respect you more. TOMY retaliated by saying that if they end up doing Beast Hunters, they will give you an Arms Micron version! ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467772)
Posted by njb902 on February 27th, 2013 @ 6:13pm CST
I'm so glad they are keeping it on Fridays.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467817)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 27th, 2013 @ 9:38pm CST
MaximusRodimus wrote:I just went to the Hub website and signed into and sent them a email trying to convince them not to end the series after season 3. Maybe if we get enough people to email them they will rethink ending the show!
On top of what others have said, it's not the Hub TV Network itself who makes this show. It's Hasbro Studios, who, while also owned by Hasbro, Inc. just as the Hub partly is, is a separate entity from the channel that airs the programs it makes.

Plus, 65 episodes has been the decided goal for this show all along. The three-to-four year's worth of story material they had planned out ended up being blown all the way through in just season 2. The Beast Hunters change came as a late addition and is all they have left to continue the story with. There's no more of this chapter of the story to tell, so there's no where else to go but to the end.

But do keep in mind that there have been rumblings of plans for a new cartoon to come after Prime, and will likely be kept in the same continuity since there's still so much territory to cover in the grand overall story of the Aligned Continuity. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1467846)
Posted by Star Warp on February 28th, 2013 @ 1:00am CST
So awesome! I can't wait!!!!!!!! :shock: :grin:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1468053)
Posted by XDMan on February 28th, 2013 @ 5:49pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
MaximusRodimus wrote:I just went to the Hub website and signed into and sent them a email trying to convince them not to end the series after season 3. Maybe if we get enough people to email them they will rethink ending the show!


Atop of what Pryme said, it was proven that campaigns like these do not work. At best, it will only result in them appreciating the fact that fans will want more. However, Shinichiro Watanabe pointed out (when it came to why he ended Cowboy Bebop after 26 episodes and a movie) that it is better to end the series when people demand more than it is to dilute it with second-rate stories that might turn away any part of the fanbase.

So when it comes to you and your enjoyment of the series, I recommend taking this feeling as an excuse to delve into the IDW tie-in comics and maybe consider checking out TOMY's version of the series. That, and not see this as the end of a series, but the conclusion of a chapter in a rather larger story. ;)

XDMan wrote:March 22nd!? That is definetely the perfect gift from Takara/Hasbro that I have witnessed by date: A post B-Day gift! And also, it's good to see Prime alive!


Actually, Hasbro is doing it first because they claim they respect you more. TOMY retaliated by saying that if they end up doing Beast Hunters, they will give you an Arms Micron version! ;)
Actually, this is what they were thinking about doing to respect me a long time ago:
Image
So dream on about their so-called respect, Kuma-Nin. Dream on.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Debuts on March 22nd (1468074)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 28th, 2013 @ 6:49pm CST
XDMan wrote:Actually, this is what they were thinking about doing to respect me a long time ago:
Image
So dream on about their so-called respect, Kuma-Nin. Dream on.


XD, you did get the memo that the Arms Micron toyline was primarily made for 9 year old boys who like doing model kits... Right? And also, did Hasbro bothered putting out that figure here? ;)

In all cases, the respect they gave me came in the forms of the Henkei!/Gentei! lines, the ENCORE line (specifically #7 and up), Alternity, Transformers GT, and the creation of the Arms Micron line... Which marks the first time a Micron line was only made for the Japanese market.

And besides, I only wanted Arcee from that line, and I love the box art more than the figure. :lol:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014