Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set

Transformers News: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set

Monday, March 4th, 2013 12:01PM CST

Categories: Collector's Club News, Event News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 21,554

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Va'al for letting us know about the following information and image from the Transformers Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/transformers

BotCon has revealed all five figures for their upcoming exclusive "MACHINE WARS: TERMINATION" box set, and now we have your first look at the character art for these amazing Transformers characters! Check out Skywarp, Megaplex, Strika, Obsidian and Hoist, with art by the very talented Josh Burcham.

Check out all the toys and find out how you can order this EXCLUSIVE five-figure box set at http://www.botcon.com/BotCon2013/


First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set
Credit(s): Va'al, Hasbro
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1468997)
Posted by RAcast on March 4th, 2013 @ 12:26pm CST
That just looks FANTASTIC! I love the aesthetic!
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469001)
Posted by RhA on March 4th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CST
Luckily, we don't have to pay 300$+ for this image, which is the best thing about this set so far.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469002)
Posted by Rated X on March 4th, 2013 @ 12:53pm CST
If they were going to draw Obsidian with propeller hands, they should have just went with the Incinerator mold. It would have been a better alt mode. And sombody please photoshop a Megatron head on that Megaplex drawing and tweet the crap out of it. If the fans give them hell, maybe by June theyll have some Megatron heads made like they did green headbands last year.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469005)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 4th, 2013 @ 12:58pm CST
Rated X wrote:If they were going to draw Obsidian with propeller hands, they should have just went with the Incinerator mold.
Not when Paramount holds (part of?) the license to that mold.

Rated X wrote:And sombody please photoshop a Megatron head on that Megaplex drawing and tweet the crap out of it. If the fans give them hell, maybe by June theyll have some Megatron heads made like they did green headbands last year.
I'd agree if this was meant to be the same guy as the 1997 Megaplex.

2013 Megaplex and 1997 Megaplex will both appear in the story as two separate individuals from each other. 1997 Megaplex is still Megatron's decoy clone, but 2013 Megaplex is... a new guy with his own purpose for existing.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469012)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 4th, 2013 @ 1:27pm CST
I dont think I know how this works. Why are they limited on what molds they can use? Which molds can they use?
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469014)
Posted by Rushie on March 4th, 2013 @ 1:32pm CST
I believe the exclusive nature of Movie molds only holds for characters whose robot modes were featured in the films and licensed vehicle modes. Thus, Bludgeon and Dirge can be used. And Incinerator is a officially licensed Osprey, Highbrow/Obsidian is merely inspired by the P-38 Lightning.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469017)
Posted by Mkall on March 4th, 2013 @ 1:44pm CST
It's not the style that I prefer, but I've put up with much worse.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469019)
Posted by Mkall on March 4th, 2013 @ 1:51pm CST
Optimizzy wrote:I dont think I know how this works. Why are they limited on what molds they can use? Which molds can they use?

At this point, anything up to (and most likely including) the first series of Classics molds are too old and worn to produce reliable figures from.

Many of the molds used for movie figures, such as Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron etc are licensed by Paramount Pictures, meaning that while The Club could use the molds, they will p[ay a substantial fee to Paramount for the privilege. How far this extends into non-movie-character molds is debatable, for example the Osprey mold. While the Osprey vehicle was seen in the movie, it was not shown as a Transformer. So does that mean the license applies? We don't know.

Molds that Hasbro is currently using to produce new figures through repaints are also off-limits.

Hope that helps!
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469023)
Posted by Janus Prime on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:00pm CST
Dreadwing´s mold would make an impressive Jhiaxus.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469025)
Posted by Rated X on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:06pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:If they were going to draw Obsidian with propeller hands, they should have just went with the Incinerator mold.
Not when Paramount holds (part of?) the license to that mold.

Rated X wrote:And sombody please photoshop a Megatron head on that Megaplex drawing and tweet the crap out of it. If the fans give them hell, maybe by June theyll have some Megatron heads made like they did green headbands last year.
I'd agree if this was meant to be the same guy as the 1997 Megaplex.

2013 Megaplex and 1997 Megaplex will both appear in the story as two separate individuals from each other. 1997 Megaplex is still Megatron's decoy clone, but 2013 Megaplex is... a new guy with his own purpose for existing.


I would think the Incinarator mold would be open, since he was not a robot character in the movie. Sure the vehicle was used in the backround for humans. It was a military vehicle, not an endorsement for GM. I also feel the Wreckage mold would have been better for Strika.

On Megaplex, the clone concept was what made him cool. Im not appreciating Funpub changing his purpose in the storyline just because they were too cheap to order a 5th custom head. The "4 head rule" must be Brian Savages budget. I dont think Hasbro gives a crap how many heads they use as long as Funpub forks over the cash to make it happen.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469026)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:12pm CST
Mkall wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:I dont think I know how this works. Why are they limited on what molds they can use? Which molds can they use?

At this point, anything up to (and most likely including) the first series of Classics molds are too old and worn to produce reliable figures from.

Many of the molds used for movie figures, such as Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron etc are licensed by Paramount Pictures, meaning that while The Club could use the molds, they will p[ay a substantial fee to Paramount for the privilege. How far this extends into non-movie-character molds is debatable, for example the Osprey mold. While the Osprey vehicle was seen in the movie, it was not shown as a Transformer. So does that mean the license applies? We don't know.

Molds that Hasbro is currently using to produce new figures through repaints are also off-limits.

Hope that helps!


The club is also trying not to reuse molds, meaning once a mold is chosen for a convention it can't be used for a later one. The exception seems to be the Classics Seeker mold, which was used for 2007 and 2011. And currently they also refrain from anything lower than Deluxe.

In a nutshell, molds from these lines are fair game:

- Classics (depending on condition)
- Universe 2.0
- Generations (first-year or "Series 0")

- Animated

- Revenge of the Fallen (non-licensed and non-movie only)
- 2010 line (including Hunt for the Decepticons and Reveal the Shield. Again, non-licensed and non-movie only)

- Prime (First Edition and Robots in Disguise)
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469029)
Posted by buddhaquest on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:21pm CST
Is it too late for them to rename it "Beast Machine Wars: Termination" given that two Beast Machines characters are in this set?


Yeah, I know, they won't.



Next year they should give us "Animorphs: Shelf Warmers Revisited" ;)
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469030)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:22pm CST
Rated X wrote:I would think the Incinarator mold would be open, since he was not a robot character in the movie. Sure the vehicle was used in the backround for humans. It was a military vehicle, not an endorsement for GM. I also feel the Wreckage mold would have been better for Strika.
Paramount's licence extends to ALL of the 2007-2008 Movie 1 molds, not just the the onscreen characters, since they helped to create the designs for that whole toyline's array of new molds.

Hasbro was smart enough to avoid this happening again with the ROTF and DOTM toys, by having several molds created without Paramount, leaving Paramount's license to only apply to the ones they specifically helped to make (like onscreen characters and ones like Breakaway) and letting most (but not all) non-screen ROTF and DOTM toy molds free for easy reuse. :D

The Paramount-owned molds would likely cost a much greater sum to use than the ones fully owned by Hasbro. It stinks, yes, but it's what everyone's stuck with.

Rated X wrote:On Megaplex, the clone concept was what made him cool. Im not appreciating Funpub changing his purpose in the storyline just because they were too cheap to order a 5th custom head.
They kept the original Megaplex's purpose. This new Megaplex will be another, different clone. There will be (at least) two guys named "Megaplex" featured in this story. ;)
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469031)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:23pm CST
Can't tell if funpub gave up trying to make a decent box set, or if they are content with pissing people off. Image All kidding aside this is not the best artwork produced for a boxset, but it's still far from the worst :lol:
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469032)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:24pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:In a nutshell, molds from these lines are fair game:

- Classics (depending on condition)
- Universe 2.0
- Generations (first-year or "Series 0")

- Animated

- Revenge of the Fallen (non-licensed and non-movie only)
- 2010 line (including Hunt for the Decepticons and Reveal the Shield. Again, non-licensed and non-movie only)

- Prime (First Edition and Robots in Disguise)
And Dark of the Moon (non-licensed and non-movie only) ;)
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469034)
Posted by Henry921 on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:27pm CST
Janus Prime wrote:Dreadwing´s mold would make an impressive Jhiaxus.



Cheetimus Primal did a custom to that effect:

Image

I'm more inclined to go with the current thinner, shorter version of Jhiaxus rather than his bulky G2 body, so if he's getting a new mold, I'd rather a lanky robot mode, such as ROTF Mindwipe.

I gotta say, I like the art of Megaplex. It makes him look far more Megatron-ish than the figure does. Definitely gonna have to read the comic.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469035)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:29pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:In a nutshell, molds from these lines are fair game:

- Classics (depending on condition)
- Universe 2.0
- Generations (first-year or "Series 0")

- Animated

- Revenge of the Fallen (non-licensed and non-movie only)
- 2010 line (including Hunt for the Decepticons and Reveal the Shield. Again, non-licensed and non-movie only)

- Prime (First Edition and Robots in Disguise)
And Dark of the Moon (non-licensed and non-movie only) ;)


Which only Skyhammer and (Seeker) Air Raid fall under, anything else is either licensed or has appeared in the movie :lol:
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469036)
Posted by buddhaquest on March 4th, 2013 @ 2:29pm CST
Henry921 wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:Dreadwing´s mold would make an impressive Jhiaxus.



Cheetimus Primal did a custom to that effect:

Image

I'm more inclined to go with the current thinner, shorter version of Jhiaxus rather than his bulky G2 body, so if he's getting a new mold, I'd rather a lanky robot mode, such as ROTF Mindwipe.

I gotta say, I like the art of Megaplex. It makes him look far more Megatron-ish than the figure does. Definitely gonna have to read the comic.






I've always thought that Thunderwing's G1 Pretender shell would have made a good Jhiaxus...
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469055)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 4th, 2013 @ 3:13pm CST
buddhaquest wrote:
Henry921 wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:Dreadwing´s mold would make an impressive Jhiaxus.



Cheetimus Primal did a custom to that effect:

Image

I'm more inclined to go with the current thinner, shorter version of Jhiaxus rather than his bulky G2 body, so if he's getting a new mold, I'd rather a lanky robot mode, such as ROTF Mindwipe.

I gotta say, I like the art of Megaplex. It makes him look far more Megatron-ish than the figure does. Definitely gonna have to read the comic.



I've always thought that Thunderwing's G1 Pretender shell would have made a good Jhiaxus...

And I've thought that Armada Jetfire would make a good Jhiaxus, possibly with a modified Armada Overload head on top, for almost a decade now. And weren't there once plans to redeco Go-Bots Aerobot into Jhiaxus? So many interesting options, and yet his only official toy is still Beast Machines Sunstorm that KB exclusive orange Jetstorm.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469094)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 4th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CST
buddhaquest wrote:Next year they should give us "Animorphs: Shelf Warmers Revisited" ;)



THIS^

I would totally buy the crap out of this!
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469102)
Posted by Henry921 on March 4th, 2013 @ 4:17pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:
buddhaquest wrote:Next year they should give us "Animorphs: Shelf Warmers Revisited" ;)



THIS^

I would totally buy the crap out of this!



Seconded. That'd be a fun line to collect. Too bad so many of them have crumbled to dust by now.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469113)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 4th, 2013 @ 4:42pm CST
Mkall wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:I dont think I know how this works. Why are they limited on what molds they can use? Which molds can they use?

At this point, anything up to (and most likely including) the first series of Classics molds are too old and worn to produce reliable figures from.

Many of the molds used for movie figures, such as Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron etc are licensed by Paramount Pictures, meaning that while The Club could use the molds, they will p[ay a substantial fee to Paramount for the privilege. How far this extends into non-movie-character molds is debatable, for example the Osprey mold. While the Osprey vehicle was seen in the movie, it was not shown as a Transformer. So does that mean the license applies? We don't know.

Molds that Hasbro is currently using to produce new figures through repaints are also off-limits.

Hope that helps!


Yes it does! Very much actually. Mold degradation and licensing problems. Huh. I'm passing on this set (no characters I like) but I'm eager to find out what they will do next year for the 30th!
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469333)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2013 @ 11:34am CST
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469340)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:04pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Oh hai, Thundercracker.

http://www.botcon.com/BotCon2013/bc13exclusives.cfm

Image


That was pretty much a given, really. Still, FunPub isn't doing a good job keeping other characters hidden via other merchandise :P
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469343)
Posted by El Duque on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CST
The official website for this year's BotCon has been updated with some of the exclusive apparel available for this year's convention. Among the items is a ball cap that features an alternate deco version of Machine Wars Skywarp from the Machine Wars: Termination box set. Is this possibly our first look at Machine Wars Thundercracker? Check out the image mirrored below.

Image
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469345)
Posted by Va'al on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:20pm CST
Their official Twitter account just made a bad wordplay, which seems to confirm the rumour.

Transformers: BotCon wrote:Who needs one AWESOME BotCon 2013 hat? It's Thunderiffic! Image
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469352)
Posted by Mkall on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:33pm CST
I'm guessing he'll be this year's "free" attendee figure.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469355)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:44pm CST
How subtle Funpub.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469357)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CST
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469360)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CST
Emblem on the starboard wing is off:

Image

Minor nitpick though.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469369)
Posted by El Duque on March 5th, 2013 @ 1:28pm CST
And in our second piece of BotCon 2013 news for the day we have the official reveal of Machine Wars Megaplex in alt mode. The figure is redeco of the Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Dreadwing/Skyquake mold. Image mirrored below.

Image
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469375)
Posted by King Slick on March 5th, 2013 @ 1:44pm CST
At first glance I thought it was the Free Masons compass super-imposed on top of the Decepticon logo. Thank goodness I was mistaken. Not that the Free Masons are "evil"....actually I really can't say if they are or not. Actually, if anything I would sooner suspect the Illuminati to link theemselves to the Decepticon cause.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469385)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2013 @ 2:00pm CST
Always felt the stripes made him look like he was wearing pyjamas or a tacky suit. :oops: :P
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469403)
Posted by Mkall on March 5th, 2013 @ 3:13pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Always felt the stripes made him look like he was wearing pyjamas or a tacky suit. :oops: :P

Pinstripe suits never go out of style.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469420)
Posted by ILL-Star on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:00pm CST
As for the jet mode, I don't see how anyone can complain.... but they will. Maybe.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469438)
Posted by TK415 on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:42pm CST
Mkall wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Always felt the stripes made him look like he was wearing pyjamas or a tacky suit. :oops: :P

Pinstripe suits never go out of style.

True, pinstripe suits look good. But Sabrblade said "stripes" and those are some big stripes. Pinstripes are thin and make the suit look good. Those look more like a jail suit, or a sailor outfit, or pajamas, or like Sabrblade said a tacky suit, but not pinstripes.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469449)
Posted by Henry921 on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CST
Mkall wrote:I'm guessing he'll be this year's "free" attendee figure.


That's what I've been saying basically since Skywarp was revealed. Way to piss off the fans even further, FunPub.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469450)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:57pm CST
Megaplex looks really good. Only minor complaint is the head. Plane mode looks spot on perfect.

And as said before, if they pull out a Jhiaxus from the mold — or some other equally awesome surprise... I'll let the whole head sculpt thing slide and forget all about it.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469457)
Posted by Mkall on March 5th, 2013 @ 5:08pm CST
Henry921 wrote:
Mkall wrote:I'm guessing he'll be this year's "free" attendee figure.


That's what I've been saying basically since Skywarp was revealed. Way to piss off the fans even further, FunPub.

At least there will be a high quantity of him floating about. The "free" figures are usually pretty easy to find and comparatively affordable.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469587)
Posted by LiKwid on March 6th, 2013 @ 1:00am CST
That skywarp mold..... I mean...wow..Are they mad at us?
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469633)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 6th, 2013 @ 6:57am CST
LiKwid wrote:That skywarp mold..... I mean...wow..Are they mad at us?


More like that's all they had. Most movie mold are licensed either as a character or as vehicle, so they're out of FunPub's reach.

Hey, let's make a drinking game out of this! Every time anybody says "licensed" we have a shot. Except for me, I can't have alcohol :oops:
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469664)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 6th, 2013 @ 8:45am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hey, let's make a drinking game out of this! Every time anybody says "licensed" we have a shot. Except for me, I can't have alcohol :oops:
Pop open a can of soda. I'll do it with ya (since I don't drink either). ;)
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469679)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:28am CST
I'll gladly take part in that drinking game!
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469685)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:41am CST
As a G1er who hibernated through the movies and subsequent toy lines, can someone tell me which mold Skywarp-on-the-hat turned out to be? I'd like to look it up to mull over. Still on the fence about this year's set. Mixing Classics/Prime/Movie lines is still making my eye twitch. I want to see these guys lined up before committing to buy them, to make sure they all match okay.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469686)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:43am CST
gothsaurus wrote:As a G1er who hibernated through the movies and subsequent toy lines, can someone tell me which mold Skywarp-on-the-hat turned out to be? I'd like to look it up to mull over. Still on the fence about this year's set. Mixing Classics/Prime/Movie lines is still making my eye twitch. I want to see these guys lined up before committing to buy them, to make sure they all match okay.


Revenge of the Fallen Dirge:

Image

Non-licensed jet, didn't appear in the movie or the game, he's fair game. :lol:

I should warn you his "nipples" turn when you raise or lower his arms. :oops:
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469687)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:43am CST
gothsaurus wrote:As a G1er who hibernated through the movies and subsequent toy lines, can someone tell me which mold Skywarp-on-the-hat turned out to be? I'd like to look it up to mull over. Still on the fence about this year's set. Mixing Classics/Prime/Movie lines is still making my eye twitch. I want to see these guys lined up before committing to buy them, to make sure they all match okay.


ROTF Dirge/HFTD Jetblade. Having Jetblade, I can verify how bad a mold it is. Jet mode is good. ROBOT MODE SUCKS!!!!

JelZe beat me to it....
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469691)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:50am CST
gothsaurus wrote:Mixing Classics/Prime/Movie lines is still making my eye twitch.
Regarding this, the 2005 set was even more diverse in its mold choices. Within just its box set, there were molds from G2, Beast Wars, Robots in Disguise and Energon.

Speaking of RiD, that's another case like this as it used molds from G1, G2, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and its own newer style molds, and that was a mainstream retail line.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469693)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:53am CST
And is BC13 Thundercracker a repaint of this one, or is he a different mold?

It does look like a pretty bad mold. The arm cockpit is painful. Still, I think the new head(s) will help this mold a lot. As is, the original looks like some kind of squid monster.
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469694)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 6th, 2013 @ 9:59am CST
gothsaurus wrote:And is BC13 Thundercracker a repaint of this one, or is he a different mold?


Same mold, same head, just painted like this (we're assuming):

Image

Image
Re: First artwork revealed of Botcon 2013 "Machine Wars: Termination" set (1469697)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 6th, 2013 @ 10:14am CST
Ha. I do like that green and burgundy paint job, though I might keep him in plane mode ALL the time. Heh. ;)

Click here to view an additional 183 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014