Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs

Transformers News: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs

Saturday, March 9th, 2013 9:57PM CST

Category: Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,002

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Robinson's Brewery is rolling out a special seasonal beer with a familiar name, Hoptimus Prime! That right folks we now have beer that pays homage to our beloved Autobot leader Optimus Prime. This seasonal brew will only be available in the UK in March and April. Check it out below!

Hoptimus Prime
Brewed using only British hops and barley malts this beer exhibits a rich array of malt and traditional fruity hop flavours, complemented by a crisp dry finish. The unique flavour of Hoptimus Prime transforms as each individual ingredient combines to satisfy all of your hoppy needs.


Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs
Credit(s): Robinson's Brewery
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470685)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 9th, 2013 @ 10:40pm CST
Sweet Primus, between all the energon intoxication, Futurama robot fuel, and could-Autobots-drink-any-of-this-without-breaking-drunk-driving-laws-even-if-they-stayed-in-robot-mode jokes, I don't even know where to begin.

How appropriate that it's exclusive to the land that gave us the most enduring TF origin mythos.
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470687)
Posted by proximus on March 9th, 2013 @ 10:45pm CST
Believe me...it's worth the effort
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470698)
Posted by Rated X on March 9th, 2013 @ 11:44pm CST
Damn if it were here I would buy it...
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470710)
Posted by proximus on March 10th, 2013 @ 1:13am CST
Wait a tick...am I correct in assuming the op and the hoptimus prime I made reference to are from seperate breweries using the same name? That's kinda lame if it is.
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470721)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 10th, 2013 @ 3:33am CDT
Transforms any peace loving Autobot into a rage fuelled, anti social, rioting Decepticon in just 5 pints. ;)
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470722)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 10th, 2013 @ 3:34am CDT
"Transform yourself into drunken pillar of health, and strenght, with this superhuman brew."
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470743)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 10th, 2013 @ 6:38am CDT
Have a Hoptimus with Optimus
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470774)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on March 10th, 2013 @ 9:44am CDT
OH YEAY just what I always wanted. My childhood cartoons & toys associated with ALCOHOL ?!? I am sure parents all over the world are going to be SO behind this. I hope this gets blasted for copyright infringement.
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470776)
Posted by frogbat on March 10th, 2013 @ 9:51am CDT
I understand where yer coming from, but its also true this is a tribute to a cartoon character whose fan base is now mostly in their 30s... There might be legal wranglings due to the usage of prime's likeness but after asus' transformer prime laptop name was allowed I don't think hasbro would have much ground to stand on.

Also, it's a limited edition alcoholic beverage which will be sold to persons over the legal age... Though I'm not a parent I think that's preferable to a sugary soft drink tied in with our favorite franchise.
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470777)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on March 10th, 2013 @ 9:58am CDT
frogbat wrote:I understand where yer coming from, but its also true this is a tribute to a cartoon character whose fan base is now mostly in their 30s... There might be legal wranglings due to the usage of prime's likeness but after asus' transformer prime laptop name was allowed I don't think hasbro would have much ground to stand on.

Also, it's a limited edition alcoholic beverage which will be sold to persons over the legal age... Though I'm not a parent I think that's preferable to a sugary soft drink tied in with our favorite franchise.


Yeah, I am not trying to start an argument here btw. On the adult side, it REALLY bothers me because Prime does change into an automobile. Drinking and driving related in any sense of the word is just all around a bad idea to me.
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470840)
Posted by Rated X on March 10th, 2013 @ 2:32pm CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:OH YEAY just what I always wanted. My childhood cartoons & toys associated with ALCOHOL ?!? I am sure parents all over the world are going to be SO behind this. I hope this gets blasted for copyright infringement.



You get the gavel to the head !!! :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:

Nothing is better than the combination of alcohol and Transformers !

Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470860)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 10th, 2013 @ 4:59pm CDT
I don't like beer. I like cider. :P

MR Optimus Prime wrote:OH YEAY just what I always wanted. My childhood cartoons & toys associated with ALCOHOL ?!?

And we seriously need to do something about all those angry young people with their hoodies and baggy trousers hanging below their asses swearing rhymes in to microphones. You call THAT music?!

Then there's their 'Tom and Berry' ale! Can you imagine if some unscrupulous, angry individual drank too much and got in to a tussle with someone, whacking them in the face with an iron or dropping an anvil on their foot? The shame it would bring to the loveable Tom & Jerry name. :P

It's a clever little play on words. It's going to be around for two months, available ONLY in one small country, and not even in every single establishment that serves alcoholic beverages. It'll be gone before anyone knows it exists.

MR Optimus Prime wrote:On the adult side, it REALLY bothers me because Prime does change into an automobile. Drinking and driving related in any sense of the word is just all around a bad idea to me.

Be less wooden, good sir. You really don't think highly of your fellow man, do you? The slightest hint of ethanol and wheels, and the world will devolve into a drunken destruction derby. Is that how it is? No one who isn't already stupid enough to drink and drive is going to be persuaded to do so by this. At most, they'll probably run outside, shout "I'm Optimus Prime!", do the transforming sound and run up the street going "Vroom, vroom!" ;)
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1470897)
Posted by Scottimus Prime on March 10th, 2013 @ 8:01pm CDT
A brewery in Southern Indiana has been doing one for years now... It's damn good too! With original art to boot!

http://newalbanian.com/beers/hoptimus/
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1471079)
Posted by Rated X on March 11th, 2013 @ 8:25pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:I don't like beer. I like cider. :P

MR Optimus Prime wrote:OH YEAY just what I always wanted. My childhood cartoons & toys associated with ALCOHOL ?!?

And we seriously need to do something about all those angry young people with their hoodies and baggy trousers hanging below their asses swearing rhymes in to microphones. You call THAT music?!


Slow down with the disses to hip hop culture. Im not sure how it has anything to do with beer. Everybody drinks beer. And I live for gangsta rap.

Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1471415)
Posted by SaTaN CoNvOy on March 13th, 2013 @ 10:28am CDT
DO WANT!



=P~
Re: Hoptimus Prime Rolls into UK Pubs (1472558)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 18th, 2013 @ 8:50am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I don't like beer. I like cider. :P

MR Optimus Prime wrote:OH YEAY just what I always wanted. My childhood cartoons & toys associated with ALCOHOL ?!?

And we seriously need to do something about all those angry young people with their hoodies and baggy trousers hanging below their asses swearing rhymes in to microphones. You call THAT music?!


Slow down with the disses to hip hop culture. Im not sure how it has anything to do with beer. Everybody drinks beer. And I live for gangsta rap.


I'd have thought the general tone of my whole comment would've made it clear that I wasn't being serious. My apologies to MR Optimus Prime, but I was taking the mickey as his comments struck me as stereotypical 'old-man' comments, and so I continued with it.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age of Extinction Voyager Class Slog NEW! Dinobot Apatosaurus - Time Remaining: 7 days 16 hours 33 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th JETFIRE Leader Class NIB (QWP 46) - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 19 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Animated Autobot Voyager Class Grimlock Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 50 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Cindersaur & Smokescreen Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Figure Set - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 11 minutes 9 seconds
Thrust Target 100% Complete 6 Inch Titanium Transformers - SHARP - box optional - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 1 minute 55 seconds
D0500077 SCRAPPER TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOT MINIBOT ALL ORIGINAL G1 MOC RESEAL - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 30 minutes 33 seconds
D0503354 POWERGLIDE TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOT MINIBOT ALL ORIGINAL G1 MOC RESEAL - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 45 minutes 16 seconds
D0508337 WARPATH AUTOBOT TRANSFORMERS MINIBOT ORIGINAL G1 MOC RESEAL - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 30 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016