Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update

Friday, March 15th, 2013 8:38AM CDT

Categories: Sponsor News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,276

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Hi All –

We received confirmation that MP-17 & 18's gun will indeed attach to the roof of the patrol car as shown!

Preorders up at TFsource here:

MP-17 Masterpiece Prowl
MP-18 Masterpiece Streak/Bluestreak


Takara Tomy Transformers MP-17 & MP-18 Update

Takara Tomy Transformers MP-17 & MP-18 Update

Takara Tomy Transformers MP-17 & MP-18 Update

Takara Tomy Transformers MP-17 & MP-18 Update
Credit(s): TFsource
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1471939)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 15th, 2013 @ 8:44am CDT
lookin goooooooooooooooooooooD =P~
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1471946)
Posted by alldarker on March 15th, 2013 @ 9:18am CDT
Nice, Takara evidently noticed they missspelled PATOROL.
This is probably a Photoshop'ed picture of the prototype we saw earlier, but at least it means the final result will have PATROL written on it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1471947)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 15th, 2013 @ 9:18am CDT
Bonus: Patrol, not Patorol! Yay! :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1471968)
Posted by robotmel on March 15th, 2013 @ 12:05pm CDT
>:oP
Takara Tomy Transformers MP-17 & MP-18 Some-may-call-it-a-news-update!

Both figures will come with an Autobot logo?

:lol:

Quite news day then!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1471969)
Posted by euphoricallydead on March 15th, 2013 @ 12:19pm CDT
Who will be first to make a solid tire upgrade kit?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1471972)
Posted by Mykltron on March 15th, 2013 @ 12:35pm CDT
I'd rather the weapon stored inside somehow.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1471975)
Posted by Convotron on March 15th, 2013 @ 12:40pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Bonus: Patrol, not Patorol! Yay! :lol:


I liked the Engrish on the earlier photos!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1471984)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 15th, 2013 @ 1:15pm CDT
So when are the Hasbro versions coming?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1471994)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 15th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:So when are the Hasbro versions coming?


Ask again when a Hasbro MP Sideswipe is announced.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472023)
Posted by Lango7 on March 15th, 2013 @ 3:21pm CDT
Don't know if Sideswipe will ever make it to the states. From what I have read, there are licensing issues holding up the figure. On another note it looks like plastic tires are the new standard. Don’t mind them too much since my Sideswipe rolls fine, unlike MP Hot Rod (Rodimus). As far as BS, Prowl and Smoke Screen, I hope Hasbro puts all 3 in single pack. While they’re at it they should re-release MP 10.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472073)
Posted by Arctorro on March 15th, 2013 @ 8:22pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:I'd rather the weapon stored inside somehow.

So would I.

The only thing I don't like about Sideswipe and Red Alert is that their blasters aren't stored. I understand that the shoulder weapons as they are won't fit, but kinda wish they were smaller and could be stored as well.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472074)
Posted by DetoxRetox on March 15th, 2013 @ 8:58pm CDT
Faaaaantastic! I cannot wait! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472113)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 16th, 2013 @ 6:04am CDT
Somebody should tell the guys at TT to stop with the arms micron schtick.
Whats next? MP 10B's rifle stuck on his roof too?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472179)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 16th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CDT
Sinnertwin wrote:Somebody should tell the guys at TT to stop with the arms micron schtick.
Whats next? MP 10B's rifle stuck on his roof too?
Weapons attached to the vehicle modes has been a thing since the 1980s, with Targetmasters being the most notable cases.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472191)
Posted by Stormrider on March 16th, 2013 @ 2:51pm CDT
I like everything that I am seeing except two things- Prowl's head/face looks a little off and his shoulder cannons look odd (or perhaps it's just the angle from the camera).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472226)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 16th, 2013 @ 5:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Sinnertwin wrote:Somebody should tell the guys at TT to stop with the arms micron schtick.
Whats next? MP 10B's rifle stuck on his roof too?
Weapons attached to the vehicle modes has been a thing since the 1980s, with Targetmasters being the most notable cases.


But on these guys? Really? Luckily they're subtle enough not to take away from the overall aestheticsof their gorgeous vehicle modes ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472262)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 16th, 2013 @ 8:38pm CDT
Sinnertwin wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Sinnertwin wrote:Somebody should tell the guys at TT to stop with the arms micron schtick.
Whats next? MP 10B's rifle stuck on his roof too?
Weapons attached to the vehicle modes has been a thing since the 1980s, with Targetmasters being the most notable cases.


But on these guys? Really? Luckily they're subtle enough not to take away from the overall aestheticsof their gorgeous vehicle modes ;)
It's just a storage option, not exactly a requirement.

I'm still a little bummed that Optimus 1.0, Grimlock, and Rodimus (all Hasbro versions, that is) couldn't store all their weapons somewhere in altmode.

Besides, if I ever get these guys, they're gonna be displayed in Robot Mode. 8)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472280)
Posted by Convotron on March 16th, 2013 @ 9:39pm CDT
It would be nice if the weapon could be stored on the figure but where would you house it in alt mode without compromising the transformation design or the weapon design? As great as MP-10 is, the ion cannon design is less than great due to its reduced size and instability in deployed weapon form.

I like that we have the option to peg in the gun in alt mode. It's better than not having an option at all to put the weapon somewhere when the figure is in alt mode.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472353)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 17th, 2013 @ 10:18am CDT
Enough with these guys already; where are the pictures of Smokescreen?!?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472366)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on March 17th, 2013 @ 11:20am CDT
Yeah! Where are the pictures of smokescreen?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472472)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 17th, 2013 @ 7:12pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:I like everything that I am seeing except two things- Prowl's head/face looks a little off and his shoulder cannons look odd (or perhaps it's just the angle from the camera).


Could it be the fact that they're cannons rather than the pointy missle? I prefer pointy, even though shape has nothing to do with payload delivery. Pointy. Definitely pointy.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472482)
Posted by Stormrider on March 17th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
Sinnertwin wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I like everything that I am seeing except two things- Prowl's head/face looks a little off and his shoulder cannons look odd (or perhaps it's just the angle from the camera).


Could it be the fact that they're cannons rather than the pointy missle? I prefer pointy, even though shape has nothing to do with payload delivery. Pointy. Definitely pointy.


yeah, that's what is missing.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472489)
Posted by warzon3 on March 17th, 2013 @ 8:48pm CDT
Well....the cannons are more cartoon accurate for Streak. They are too big and fat though...they were never that big in any episode....

I could see them including add on pieces to turn them into missiles....it wouldn't be too hard to do, or some 3rd party would do it in a heart beat.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472638)
Posted by euphoricallydead on March 18th, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
Smokescreen was drawn differently in the G1 cartoons, more toy accurate than the first wave 1984 toys. I don't have the quote but it was something like the second wave was drawn more toy accurate because the first wave there wasn't anything to reference.

His crotch plate resembles Prowl's so that part is easy.

He will need a bigger head, huge launchers/canons, different bumper, rear spoiler.

Not sure where the launchers will fit in alternate mode.

They could do a complete retool and make:

http://www.comicozzie.com/gallery2/v/1979/IM/GT/79-IMSA-23_001.jpg.html

Here are some more results from Don Devendorf's Datsun 280ZX

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1926&bih=920&q=Don+Devendorf%27s+Datsun+280ZX&oq=Don+Devendorf%27s+Datsun+280ZX&gs_l=img.3...727.727.0.1541.1.1.0.0.0.0.44.44.1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.6.img.spVPdiAOmpg#hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Don+Devendorf%27s+Datsun+280ZX&oq=Don+Devendorf%27s+Datsun+280ZX&gs_l=img.12...0.0.0.4345.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c..6.img.0JAxz_SQxnk&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43828540,d.dmg&fp=7cb1f1d54b860cb6&biw=1926&bih=920
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl & MP-18 Bluestreak Update (1472674)
Posted by Stormrider on March 18th, 2013 @ 7:26pm CDT
euphoricallydead wrote:Smokescreen was drawn differently in the G1 cartoons, more toy accurate than the first wave 1984 toys. I don't have the quote but it was something like the second wave was drawn more toy accurate because the first wave there wasn't anything to reference.

His crotch plate resembles Prowl's so that part is easy.

He will need a bigger head, huge launchers/canons, different bumper, rear spoiler.

Not sure where the launchers will fit in alternate mode.

They could do a complete retool and make:

http://www.comicozzie.com/gallery2/v/1979/IM/GT/79-IMSA-23_001.jpg.html

Here are some more results from Don Devendorf's Datsun 280ZX

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1926&bih=920&q=Don+Devendorf%27s+Datsun+280ZX&oq=Don+Devendorf%27s+Datsun+280ZX&gs_l=img.3...727.727.0.1541.1.1.0.0.0.0.44.44.1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.6.img.spVPdiAOmpg#hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Don+Devendorf%27s+Datsun+280ZX&oq=Don+Devendorf%27s+Datsun+280ZX&gs_l=img.12...0.0.0.4345.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c..6.img.0JAxz_SQxnk&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43828540,d.dmg&fp=7cb1f1d54b860cb6&biw=1926&bih=920



Sweet
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014