2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition"

Transformers News: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition"

Thursday, August 2nd, 2007 6:39PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 107,243

Our very own DevastaTTor has alerted us to a interesting article at Autoweek.com about the GMC 2007 Topkick (Ironhide) from the Transformers Movie. If you loved the vehicle so much and have some extra $$$ on you, it is possible to get a Topkick with the "Ironhide Package". This will get you a replica of the movie version (minus intelligence and full transformation).

2007 GMC TOPKICK 4X4 TRANSFORMER IRONHIDE PICKUP
AS-TESTED PRICE: $81,062
DRIVETRAIN: 8.1-liter V8, 4x4, Allison six-speed automatic
OUTPUT: 325 hp @ 4000 rpm, 450 lb-ft @ 2800 rpm
CURB WEIGHT: 10,000 lb
FUEL ECONOMY (AW): 7.5 mpg
OPTIONS: Ironhide package, $32,526; Warn winch, $2,304

To see the original Autoweek article please click here. And you can also learn mroe about the GMC Ironhide Edition by heading over to the company who will do it for you Monroetruck.com.
Credit(s): DevastaTTor, Autoweek.com and Monroetruck.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260309)
Posted by Flashwave on August 2nd, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT
Which is what add-ons?
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260312)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on August 2nd, 2007 @ 6:55pm CDT
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260321)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 2nd, 2007 @ 6:59pm CDT
Nemesis Cyberplex wrote:Geez....7.5 MPG??? What's the point of even having a vehicle like that then? With the cost of the truck anyway, that sucker should run on Mr. Fusion or not exist outside of the movie.

I 2nd that.
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260322)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on August 2nd, 2007 @ 6:59pm CDT
For not being a Jeep...the thing is pretty hardcore.
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260327)
Posted by Hoistimus on August 2nd, 2007 @ 7:02pm CDT
But does it have the Autobot symbol embossed on the tailgate? I mean, that's what really matters.

edit: I read the article.. it does :D
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260328)
Posted by Prowl76 on August 2nd, 2007 @ 7:02pm CDT
Not worth it.
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260333)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on August 2nd, 2007 @ 7:04pm CDT
7.5 mpg? As much as I like Ironhide, he's not exactly enviornment friendly.
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260341)
Posted by King Grimrob on August 2nd, 2007 @ 7:09pm CDT
yeesh. they better stamp the Autobot Symbol into the hood, tailgate and my FOREHEAD at that price.

my F-150 Lariat 4x4's buyout price is only 34,000$
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260347)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 2nd, 2007 @ 7:14pm CDT
Might as well walk, by the time you stop every few miles for more fuel, you'd be ahead from the walking.

Still, it would be nice to have just for show!
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260396)
Posted by Autobotspitfire on August 2nd, 2007 @ 7:48pm CDT
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260419)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on August 2nd, 2007 @ 8:07pm CDT
dude.... it's as if they took the work 'AWSOME' and built a truck around it.
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260451)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on August 2nd, 2007 @ 8:32pm CDT
Autobotspitfire wrote:7.5 mpg? its a chevy, i'll stick with my fords please. damn shame all the autobots where chevies. only good chevy was the classic camaro, but still a chevy.

Yea I am not really a fan of GMC at all as a company though sometimes they do have nice concepts. I am die hard Jeep, but since Jeep is owned by Chrysler (meh) I suport the other "family" groups like Dodge. Ford is pretty good as well though.

I just think it is really neat that Monroetruck is doing this package for people. AEV (American Expiditionary Vechicles) does this sort of after market package stuff for Jeeps. Like a V8 hemi swap into your TJ.
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260454)
Posted by LT.Zerge on August 2nd, 2007 @ 8:34pm CDT
nice. that's really just an expensive display piece though. I doubt you could ride it out of my drive way without having to reful :P
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260460)
Posted by lkavadas on August 2nd, 2007 @ 8:37pm CDT

MPG is inversely proportionate to how "cool" the car is.

Example:

Prius = Nerd
1972 Buick Centurion convertible with a 455 = Totally Rad

Yes, I drive a '72 Centurion (you can pick'em up cheap!):
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260489)
Posted by Sherade on August 2nd, 2007 @ 8:58pm CDT
*drools*
How much?
I envy your ride.
Anyhoo, I'd buy Ironhide. If you don't like the MPG, then modify it. To me, it's worth it to own that truck. Mostly 'acoause it's American, not some import trash.
Like the Prius.
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260514)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 2nd, 2007 @ 9:13pm CDT
My feelings about the milage, if you're concerned about the price of gas, you probably can't afford it. I just thought it was interesting that this truck is being produced "movie accurate" and getting the attention of the mainstream. This is the kind of purchase you'd make if you won the lottery...
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260520)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on August 2nd, 2007 @ 9:16pm CDT
I just want a 2009 camaro!
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260525)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 2nd, 2007 @ 9:20pm CDT
Air Commander Starscream wrote:

My thoughts exactly. If I were in the market for this kind of work truck and was a transfan, this IS the vehicle to drive.
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260560)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on August 2nd, 2007 @ 9:45pm CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:
Air Commander Starscream wrote:

Personally, I'm still hoping for either a standard gray Mustang or a blue Corvette Z06...& they're more practical & affordable, yet still TF bling.....especially if you put custom flames on the Z06.
Re: 2007 GMC Topkick 4x4 "Ironhide Edition" (260570)
Posted by T-Macksimus on August 2nd, 2007 @ 9:53pm CDT
Personally, I'm waitin' for Peterbilt to step up to the plate with a "Prime" package. When that happens, then I will start being truly impressed. Not that the Ironhide package isn't impressive, I just think it's about time the real big rigs got some of the spotlight.