Transformers News: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed

Monday, May 23rd, 2011 2:35AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 47,067

Welcome to the dark side... Optimus Prime and Megatron?

The leaders of the two waring Transformers factions both received toys for their War For Cybertron incarnations in the Generations toy line! Courtesy of the July issue of Shock Hobby and Cybergundam blog, we've got sweet scans of the upcoming 2011 Tokyo Toy Show exclusive. Cybertronian Optimus Prime is looking alot like Nemesis Prime, while Cybertronian Megatron is looking a bit like the current IDW Ongoing Megatron. Check out the scan below, which also features another look at Takara Jetwing Optimus Prime!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Cybergundam
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227039)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 23rd, 2011 @ 3:28am CDT
I'd really like to know where to pre-order these, The only place I knew of is no longer accepting orders.
:BOT:
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227049)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on May 23rd, 2011 @ 4:16am CDT
Ooh! I'd LOVE that Megatron!

I bet he's ridiculously expensive...
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227051)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on May 23rd, 2011 @ 4:21am CDT
I hate that Megatron's color scheme -.-...Too much black and what's up with the purple on the hand X_X...Seriously...love the mold hate the color scheme. As for Optimus,all I can say is he looks better than Megatron but I prefer the original color scheme.
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227059)
Posted by Warbreaker on May 23rd, 2011 @ 5:34am CDT
One black Prime's enough for me. I like the colour scheme on Megatron, but I'm more towards having said colour scheme on a figure of the IDW incarnation of Megs. Assuming Hasbro is even toying with the idea of an IDW Megatron figure. (Hey, I can dream.)
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227064)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 23rd, 2011 @ 6:20am CDT
Starscream GaGa wrote:Ooh! I'd LOVE that Megatron!

I bet he's ridiculously expensive...

What is the expected price these will go for? :VEHI:
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227067)
Posted by rpetras on May 23rd, 2011 @ 6:34am CDT
These look FANTASTIC!

Nemesis Destron wrote:
What is the expected price these will go for? :VEHI:

One arm + one leg.
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227081)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 23rd, 2011 @ 7:17am CDT
You can preorder these here:
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/es ... 01&lang=us

I think these are cheaper then what I was expecting.
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227086)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 23rd, 2011 @ 7:31am CDT
My God, Megatron looks friggin' bad ass! I could care less about Prime, but this version of Megatron really does look awesome in black! :x
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227094)
Posted by Mkall on May 23rd, 2011 @ 7:57am CDT
I was hoping for the original colourscheme we saw earlier.

However Megatron is still a Bad Ass and Optimus Prime is pretty slick looking too
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227110)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on May 23rd, 2011 @ 9:16am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:You can preorder these here:
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/es ... 01&lang=us

I think these are cheaper then what I was expecting.

Wait, what!? I can afford that!

I might end up selling Prime but... Yay!
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227142)
Posted by Rated X on May 23rd, 2011 @ 10:31am CDT
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227155)
Posted by Mkall on May 23rd, 2011 @ 10:53am CDT
Rated X wrote:Paint a figure black and watch the masses jump on the bandwagon. To this day I have always thought the "Nemesis" and Shattered Glass" concepts were silly. Nothing more than a tool used to sell expensive repaints without any effort.

There's a reason for that: It works :P

On another note, I have 20 different repaints of the Classic Seekers.
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227160)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 23rd, 2011 @ 11:13am CDT

Silly enough to ditch the "evil clone" idea, and just paint the characters black. It works, black goes with anything ;;)
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227172)
Posted by Rated X on May 23rd, 2011 @ 11:47am CDT
Mkall wrote:

There's a reason for that: It works :P

On another note, I have 20 different repaints of the Classic Seekers.

I got 22 classic seeker repaints and counting. (counting the coneheads) Cant get enough seekers !!! I guess I cant knock Prime fans for getting every repaint. But like Jelze said, ditch the evil clone concept and just market it as a cool repaint. I love my Nightstalker Movie Prime. Has anyone gotten their Classics KO Blue Convoy yet ??? My order is taking forever to ship...
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227221)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 23rd, 2011 @ 1:47pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Mkall wrote:

There's a reason for that: It works :P

On another note, I have 20 different repaints of the Classic Seekers.

It already is a cool repaint, evil or not. Shattered Glass is no worse than Universe was or any other excuse to sell figures with new or different decos. At Least SG has a coherent and fun fiction to go along with it. You can't fault anyone for liking what they like. You have KOs of Hasbro seekers in your collection which are essentially expensive repaints. You have at least one set of Botcon figures, again expensive repaints. Just FYI, these repaints? Not any more expensive than the normal United figures.
:BOT:
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227231)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on May 23rd, 2011 @ 2:07pm CDT
Ordered. Wonder what the packaging will turn out like? United stamped or as WFC?
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227328)
Posted by Rated X on May 23rd, 2011 @ 5:29pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Mkall wrote:

There's a reason for that: It works :P

On another note, I have 20 different repaints of the Classic Seekers.

:BOT:

I know, you are right about that. Im a old school fanatic. I prefer figures that pay homage to well known characters rather than just seperate entities creating new characters based on repainting..
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227351)
Posted by Anonymous. on May 23rd, 2011 @ 6:01pm CDT
Rated X wrote:

[color=teal]
Scourge existed in 2000. Nemesis Prime in 2003. And many times onward for both of these 'black repaint' characters. These aren't separate entities, they're established characters. [/color]
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227403)
Posted by Kibble on May 23rd, 2011 @ 7:16pm CDT
These were surprisingly "affordable". I was expecting closer to the robotkingdom price per fig. At that price, I had to order. Shipping was a little higher than I would have liked (Henkei Astrotrain only cost me $10 to ship,) but it still came out cheaper than BBTS before shipping. Now if only I could find a more "fair" price on Stepper...
Re: 2011 Tokyo Toy Show Dark Side Optimus Prime Vs Dark Side Megatron Color Schemes Revealed (1227405)
Posted by Stryfe Convoy on May 23rd, 2011 @ 7:18pm CDT
So added to my collection. I happen to love black primes, but that black Megatron is pure win... I can't wait to get these!

Ending Soon On eBay

vintage G1 TRANSFORMERS Pretender WAVERIDER robot toy figure NEAR COMPLETE 1987 - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 37 minutes
Transformers Botcon 2015 Attendee Exclusive Bonus Zaptrap COMPLETE YOUR BOX SET - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 47 minutes 29 seconds
Hot Transformers G1 Commander Masterpiece MPP10 Optimus Prime Spot! - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 3 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Voyager Class Slog NEW! Dinobot Apatosaurus - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 31 minutes 27 seconds
JAPAN RARE Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-21 HardHead Action Figure MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 19 minutes 1 second
Transformers Universe Voyager Class NEMESIS PRIME Action Figure SDCC Limited - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 48 minutes 51 seconds
Japan Rare!! TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS UNITED UN-22 LASER OPTIMUS PRIME MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 3 minutes 46 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 2010 Universal Dominator UNICRON ToyHobbyMarket Limited - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 48 minutes 43 seconds
Website Security Test