Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee

Transformers News: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 3:48PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,896

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Michael Bay's official website has now confirmed the modern Camaro revealed earlier today is in fact Bumblebee. So there you have it, Bumblebee has been officially confirmed as both a custom 1967 Camaro SS and a 2014 Concept Camaro for "Transformers 4". Judging by the caption that accompanies the image this may be the last reveal. Check it out below.

Trumpets please . . . Bumblebee, a 2014 Concept Camaro! . . . the final jewel in the Transformers 4 crown. High resolution image: http://bayhem.com/18tH0jv


Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.
Credit(s): MichaelBay.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500266)
Posted by BIGGUY007 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:15pm CDT
That car is UGLY!!!!!. :BOOM: :shock: [-(

:BOT: :CON:
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500270)
Posted by njb902 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT
I don't think the car is ugly just the color, black would look very nice.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500271)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:20pm CDT
Not much on cars, but that honestly doesn't look that great to me. I much prefer the other renditions, this doesn't look very special at all. Of course, I think it makes for a better disguise.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500272)
Posted by SentinelA on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:26pm CDT
SWEEEEEET! :shock: :x =P~ :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN:
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500275)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
As a fan of the camaro....

This thing looks terrible. I get wanting to change up the look, but nothing about this front end says "Camaro" to me.

However, based on this i'm more convinced that the old rusted out flat nosed truck is Prime fron the past, and the 67 camaro is also Bee from the past.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500276)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:40pm CDT
Being a firstimer here, I will state clearly that I respect everyone's opinion here.

With that being said,

I HATE THIS CAR WITH EVERY FIBERS OF MY BODY!!!!!

Like in the first film, bee will have an awesome looking car mode, then and ugly car mode.

Way to go Bay, way to go... :michaelbay:

I bet y'all that bee will speak trhough the $?%$&!!! radio again... something that'S getting very old now :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :BOOM:

quite frankly, I so far all the car modes shown here are amazing... but as always, Bee dissapoints, except for the 67 camaro car mode. Hell, My 2005 Civic looks better thant that ugly piece of $h!t!
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500277)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:43pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:Image


I just realized that's a terrible photoshop job on the floor reflection. Look at how the reflection of the yellow body cuts into the front wheel. fail, FAIL!
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500281)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:54pm CDT
I am also tempted to say Motormaster, since Optimus Prime never got any kind of worthy competition in the first 3 movies.

in a scene, leaked on the net, we saw that cab-over truck chasing optimus Prime on a country side road... so I would think this is a Decepticon we are looking at. Motormaster the new leader of the Decepticons? I dig That!

but what if.... what ifffff..... if this would be the movie-verse version of GALVATRON'S ALT MODE??????????????
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500283)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:58pm CDT
yup
this is an epic fail
like bumblebee talking through the radio for the 3 first films!
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500298)
Posted by RazorSlash92 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 6:27pm CDT
Gee, the camaro is Bumblebee?

Who would'a thunk it
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500318)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:29pm CDT
Bay: well, we changed bumblebees grill like 4 times, what else can we do to it? oh! i know! make thee head lights look terrible!
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500319)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:31pm CDT
Great, so 'Bee has a speech impediment AND a personality disorder?? Just what kind of joker is coming up with this stuff? At least as the older Camaro he doesn't need to speak. He'll have that beautiful, throaty growl when he's in his alt mode every time he revs his engine and no words will need to be spoken. This...thing, this neutered excuse for a muscle cars descendant...??? No...just... hell no!
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500323)
Posted by dragons on July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:52pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I miss VW Beetle BB. :BLACKEYE:


I like head lights on it sleack looking,

Vw bee I dont miss either way we be getting crap load bumblebees on shelfs camero, or vw with black stripe down center of car im sick of bees on shelfs but im intersted to see bot modes how new toys will look
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500335)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:22pm CDT
dragons wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:I miss VW Beetle BB. :BLACKEYE:


I like head lights on it sleack looking,

Vw bee I dont miss either way we be getting crap load bumblebees on shelfs camero, or vw with black stripe down center of car im sick of bees on shelfs but im intersted to see bot modes how new toys will look


Exactly, the toys! :P I'm just saying I would buy a VW Beetle BB. A lot. A LOT. It would be a nice change.

BB has a bit of a split personality - he's small and scrappy in G1, but bad@$$ and muscle car in just about every other incarnation. I'm just calling for the cuter, scrappier VW Bee. :PRAY: (You could even throw it as a joke in the movie - "what the hell happened in 1984? Were you a VW, Bee?!" I don't really care, as long as Hasbro would consider another VW BB! :x )
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500344)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
I Must be getting old. Willingly deleted my previous less-than-flattering comments regarding this subject. All I have to say now is that I strongly dislike this move. 'Bee already did the whole "upgrade" thing once in this movie franchise. I see no reason to do this gimmick a second time unless for some silly reason they have him start the film out as this new version of the Camaro and then switch to the '69 body style. If that's the case then this is nothing but a very blatant, to the point of being insulting, marketing move. My gut is telling me that this is the case. I understand that the G1 cartoon and especially the 1986 movie, were both nothing more than toy commercials from the POV of the creators but I'll be damned if I'm willing to sit through a 2 1/2 hour long car commercial and right now that is exactly what this is beginning to look like.
I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500346)
Posted by njb902 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:49pm CDT
Product placement helps to get these super expensive movies made.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500350)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:54pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I Must be getting old. Willingly deleted my previous less-than-flattering comments regarding this subject. All I have to say now is that I strongly dislike this move. 'Bee already did the whole "upgrade" thing once in this movie franchise. I see no reason to do this gimmick a second time unless for some silly reason they have him start the film out as this new version of the Camaro and then switch to the '69 body style. If that's the case then this is nothing but a very blatant, to the point of being insulting, marketing move. My gut is telling me that this is the case. I understand that the G1 cartoon and especially the 1986 movie, were both nothing more than toy commercials from the POV of the creators but I'll be damned if I'm willing to sit through a 2 1/2 hour long car commercial and right now that is exactly what this is beginning to look like.
I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.


I feel your voice is echoing that of many other collectors out there. I see SOME people defend the movies, but I'm more inclined with your style of thinking. :-?

I'd like to see some polls:

1) How many of you think TF4 will be good and/or improve on past movies?
2) How many of you would call yourselves fans of the Bay-verse/TF movies?
3) What do you think will be the single WORST part of T4?

For #3, I'll start off with the avalanche of BB's clogging store shelves. Close second (for me) would be seeing Bay take another beloved character and ruin the alt mode and personality. Or if he doesn't include Menasor. :-x
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500351)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:57pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.

:APPLAUSE: Top Gear rocks.

But since this topic is all about the cars, I'll refrain from adding to the movie bashing. AT LEAST we are getting a Lambo, Pagani, and some stylish looking suv/truck things... and a few other sweet rides that aren't all boring American vehicles like the first few movies. The solstice was a dece ride, but was it really worthy of being Jazz? A Porsche was always the true choice, and this is the point T-Macksimus means about the blatant marketing. Sure it might help pay for the movies, but if what you want ultimately leads to a glossy 2 hour showcase of your sponsors, then maybe the film industry isn't the right place for you (Bay).

Opps, movie bash slipped out. :DANCE:
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500353)
Posted by njb902 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:03pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.

:APPLAUSE: Top Gear rocks.

But since this topic is all about the cars, I'll refrain from adding to the movie bashing. AT LEAST we are getting a Lambo, Pagani, and some stylish looking suv/truck things... and a few other sweet rides that aren't all boring American vehicles like the first few movies. The solstice was a dece ride, but was it really worthy of being Jazz? A Porsche was always the true choice, and this is the point T-Macksimus means about the blatant marketing. Sure it might help pay for the movies, but if what you want ultimately leads to a glossy 2 hour showcase of your sponsors, then maybe the film industry isn't the right place for you (Bay).

Opps, movie bash slipped out. :DANCE:



You're assuming that bay has more influence than the producers and the studio on money matters.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500354)
Posted by njb902 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:04pm CDT
Dp
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500355)
Posted by jos3m on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:09pm CDT
I like that yellow bunblebee, but he was kind of the most important beside optimus in the previous movies, and you think there will be a new autobot that take that lead?

And as an extra for some weird reason while i was watching again the sonic, in that jumping picture on bay page, to my mind came the name cliffjumper!

Cliff as the new guardian?

If that its posible, you think it would be something to praise o to condemn?
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500358)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:18pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.

:APPLAUSE: Top Gear rocks.

But since this topic is all about the cars, I'll refrain from adding to the movie bashing. AT LEAST we are getting a Lambo, Pagani, and some stylish looking suv/truck things... and a few other sweet rides that aren't all boring American vehicles like the first few movies. The solstice was a dece ride, but was it really worthy of being Jazz? A Porsche was always the true choice, and this is the point T-Macksimus means about the blatant marketing. Sure it might help pay for the movies, but if what you want ultimately leads to a glossy 2 hour showcase of your sponsors, then maybe the film industry isn't the right place for you (Bay).

Opps, movie bash slipped out. :DANCE:



You're assuming that bay has more influence than the producers and the studio on money matters.


Your right, my mistake. It's not just Bay's fault for the commerciality of big budget movies.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500360)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:24pm CDT
njb902 wrote:Product placement helps to get these super expensive movies made.


Oh, I know, I won't deny that at all. This just feels like more than simple product placement. This has the stink of yet another corporation having far too much control in an endeavor that it really should have a lesser role in. That's my take on it anyways. Just part of my cynicism. I hate huge corporations and how dependent we have become on them but sadly can't afford to rebel against them either and that fact galls me.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500361)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:24pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I don't really care, as long as Hasbro would consider another VW BB! :x )


*violent cough* MasterpieceBumblebeebrah *violent cough*
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500365)
Posted by amtm on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:43pm CDT
Looks like more of the same old thing to me.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500379)
Posted by sdn1337 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 11:08pm CDT
This camaro isn't bad. I'd have to say I like the previous models more. I'm a little disappointed that Bee's main alt mode isn't going to be the 1969 version.

Since Bee reversed his colors in TFP, I like more black on him. It does fit the name Bumblebee more considering they have more black than yellow on them.

But hey it's either that he just wants to roll with the old one for a while then get back up to date.

Or...

There can be a time traveling segment that people have been speculating about. Which I think will be pretty cool.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500386)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 2nd, 2013 @ 11:33pm CDT
I don't like it nor do I hate it. I'm more inclined to say I honestly don't care about what BB looks like.
I will say though that i'm not a particular fan of that concept Camero though. Pretty boring looking. It seems a bit "neutered" for a Camero.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500394)
Posted by Transformado on July 3rd, 2013 @ 12:59am CDT
That's one good looking car. I like the curves they added to the front panel, it gives the headlights a more sinister look to it. I'm most curious about its robot form.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500413)
Posted by Eagleblaster on July 3rd, 2013 @ 4:02am CDT
I'm loving this new Bumblebees l and the new design of the Camaro. It looks so much better than the present one. I like its rounded out edges giving it a more super coupe aero dynamic look. Also its good that they made the front not as bold, so that the driver gets a better veiw of the road. This has to be one of the best looking economy sports cars that I can think of rite now. Except that the headlights are kindof small. Great car. I would buy the repaint that's not another yellow bumblebee. 8)
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500417)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 3rd, 2013 @ 5:15am CDT
You know, the whole idea of them changing paint schemes and some changes to their vehicle modes doesn't bother me. They're Transformers, changing is what they do. Just like some one would want to change the style of clothes they wear, or decide to get a tattoo or piercings, so to do they change their appearance in minor or major ways. Bumblebee just happens to dig Camaro's.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500492)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on July 3rd, 2013 @ 1:10pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
njb902 wrote:Product placement helps to get these super expensive movies made.


Oh, I know, I won't deny that at all. This just feels like more than simple product placement. This has the stink of yet another corporation having far too much control in an endeavor that it really should have a lesser role in. That's my take on it anyways. Just part of my cynicism. I hate huge corporations and how dependent we have become on them but sadly can't afford to rebel against them either and that fact galls me.


As someone who's worked in the automobile industry all my life and have family that has worked in the production business, when it comes to using vehicles in film, there are a lot of rules one must abide by. Unfortunately, its not as easy as just using whatever you want in the spot light. Every time a vehicle is used on set and the logo appears, they get paid. Not only do they get paid, one needs permission to use said logo on film. Depending on the manufacturer, they will even call the shots on how the vehicle will be used. Remember the whole Dino/Mirage fiasco? Ferrari had full say on everything from the Ferrari's faction to his name. Now if Hasbro, Bay, Paramount, etc. don't like these terms the end result is just not to use them. But every manufacturer has there own stipulation on how they want their product portrayed. My guess is that since a majority of the products being used have been GM, they were more than likely the loosest in terms of how they allowed their products to be used. But sometimes we need some diversity instead of 100% GM products. And while many might see it as just a 2 1/2 hour long car commercial, cars are just a part of TF in general.

I would have loved to see Jazz as a Porsche, but considering the VW owns Porsche, something tells me that since they didn't want the beetle used in the first movie, they weren't going to approve a Porsche being used either.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500496)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 3rd, 2013 @ 1:45pm CDT
I'D vote number 3 also

we will get the usual round of many incarnations/versions/variations of that crappy camaro in deluxe, legion, scout, human alliance, ultimate, leader, voyager etc, and we won't get amazing characters like soundwave, topspin in human alliance.... etc.... and Bay will probably give a crappy name for ne decepticons or autobots...

I like the bay-verse movies for what they are movies in their own universe
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500498)
Posted by Slashercon on July 3rd, 2013 @ 1:50pm CDT
"sigh" As I said before, I am not impressed with the vehicles in this movie. Aside, from the black cab, Hound and Optimus' new look, nothing really seems "right" Like there is something "off". Bumbelebee resembles Jolt if he were yellow. (Also, who was it that said more cars equals more screentime? Tell that to Jolt in ROTF.)
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500526)
Posted by jos3m on July 3rd, 2013 @ 3:43pm CDT
where is Ratchet? i would like to see him again, we see a little of a ambulance in the first pictures that appeared but then nothing

will he be dead or killed in the movie?
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500534)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 3rd, 2013 @ 4:07pm CDT
just hope that Bee will speak with his own voice....

coz if not it will be silly to think that ratchet repaired optimus' arm but was unable to fix bee' voice speaker??puhhhleeezzzzzz!!! :roll:

I tried to register on bay's official forum, but the activation link was never sent to me... guess he knew I would harass him to make bee skeak normally.. and give the bots and cons more sreen time thant the human soldiers... or some uptight government agent like Galloway or merring... :HEADHURTS: :-x

just regret that simmons is not returning :BANG_HEAD:
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500565)
Posted by prowl123 on July 3rd, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
That is quite possibly the 2nd ugliest car I've ever seen. Why, Bay, why? Why must you make product placement rule your movies? Why not just make a decent TF movie?
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500567)
Posted by njb902 on July 3rd, 2013 @ 6:35pm CDT
prowl123 wrote:That is quite possibly the 2nd ugliest car I've ever seen. Why, Bay, why? Why must you make product placement rule your movies? Why not just make a decent TF movie?


You are assuming he has 100% control over those choices.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500568)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 3rd, 2013 @ 6:37pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
prowl123 wrote:That is quite possibly the 2nd ugliest car I've ever seen. Why, Bay, why? Why must you make product placement rule your movies? Why not just make a decent TF movie?


You are assuming he has 100% control over those choices.


He's got like 20%, 35% tops. Hasbro's the decider in these choices.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500594)
Posted by njb902 on July 3rd, 2013 @ 9:53pm CDT
I wonder with the "sequester" going on how much access to military vehicles they will have for the film.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500602)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 3rd, 2013 @ 10:34pm CDT
jos3m wrote:where is Ratchet? i would like to see him again, we see a little of a ambulance in the first pictures that appeared but then nothing

will he be dead or killed in the movie?


Can't answer the last question.

I'm sure Ratchet will be in the film, but will probably pull a 'Bee/Prime and change alternate modes and become the ambulance we see.

The ambulance could be a new character, though.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500632)
Posted by TimothyR on July 4th, 2013 @ 1:58am CDT
prowl123 wrote:That is quite possibly the 2nd ugliest car I've ever seen. Why, Bay, why? Why must you make product placement rule your movies? Why not just make a decent TF movie?


i was unaware that GM owned lamborghini, Pagani Huayra, or bugatti.. interesting.

if that's the second ugliest car you've ever seen.. you either don't get out much, or you're blind. i think that's the single worst exaggeration i've read in this thread.

i love this new camaro, as i said earlier, it fits bumblebee much more than the previous camaro's did. the other camaro looked too beefy, i like the smaller front grill. those headlights are incredible looking. it also makes the car look more aerodynamic and what not.

i don't get how a couple small changes can make people so angry. it's mind boggling. some people seem to be acting like GM is making you own this car.

it's just a mode for a transformer in a movie, my goodness.

my guess is that it'll start out similar to how beast hunters started.. each character kind of on their own, prime hiding out as the flat cab truck (though i don't see how his mass would work out like that, being that bay said part of the reason for the long nose was to make him larger in robot mode, so i would assume prime would have to shrink to become a flat nose,, those very prime like flames on the flat cab are REALLY confusing) anyways. bumblebee is hiding out as the black muscle car.. ratchet as a normal ambulance..

then maybe between a third to two thirds of the way through the movie they'll all come together and rescan their more "spiffy" alt modes.

but either way, bumblebee will have both a strong muscle car alt mode and a sleek smooth modern vehicle alt mode. everyone should get what they want with that. i don't see why it's such a problem.

i really hope we see human alliance toys for all of these cars.. though i doubt hasbro is willing to pay for the likeness of all the vehicles.. so i'm going to assume that this line will end up much like dotm and rotf did.. missing characters, alt modes barely resembling a character, new molds for characters that aren't even in the movie.. and loading up wave one with repaints and shit that no one wants.. that way the stores will over purchase wave one (or hasbro will over ship wave one, however it works) and we won't see the later waves in stores because there will be an abundance of crap that no one wants.

i still wish they'd release human alliance soundwave.. i was really looking forward to that thing. but i'm not going to pay an inflated price for something that i should've been able to go to walmart or target and purchase for $30.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500672)
Posted by prowl123 on July 4th, 2013 @ 9:19am CDT
TimothyR wrote:
prowl123 wrote:That is quite possibly the 2nd ugliest car I've ever seen. Why, Bay, why? Why must you make product placement rule your movies? Why not just make a decent TF movie?


i was unaware that GM owned lamborghini, Pagani Huayra, or bugatti.. interesting.

if that's the second ugliest car you've ever seen.. you either don't get out much, or you're blind. i think that's the single worst exaggeration i've read in this thread.


I'm pretty sure I never said anything about GM...

And no it is not an exaggeration. I don't care if you like the way it looks, be my guest to like it. I hate the look of it.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500684)
Posted by ConBotFormer on July 4th, 2013 @ 10:35am CDT
I find it so funny how so many of you still think the Bay has very little say in how the robots will look and what cars they will be. HE'S THE DIRECTOR!! He has almost all say in what will and will not be in his films! He has even said in the commentary of the first film how he wouldn't have Bee, be a VW bug, he saw the 2006 concept Camaro and said, "that's Bumblebee". And he shot down many of the first robot designs! He even said no, to Steven Spielberg's ideas for the first film. My gosh people...he has almost 100% say! Not 20% to 30% say...get real!
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500685)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 4th, 2013 @ 10:36am CDT
ConBotFormer wrote:I find it so funny how so many of you still think the Bay has very little say in how the robots will look and what cars they will be. HE'S THE DIRECTOR!! He has almost all say in what will and will not be in his films! He has even said in the commentary of the first film how he wouldn't have Bee, be a VW bug. And he shot down many of the first robot designs! He even said no, to Steven Spielberg's ideas for the first film. My gosh people...he has almost 100% say! Not 20% to 30% say...get real!


Four words:

Hasbro. Is. In. Charge.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500686)
Posted by viruscarnage on July 4th, 2013 @ 10:38am CDT
ConBotFormer wrote:I find it so funny how so many of you still think the Bay has very little say in how the robots will look and what cars they will be. HE'S THE DIRECTOR!! He has almost all say in what will and will not be in his films! He has even said in the commentary of the first film how he wouldn't have Bee, be a VW bug. And he shot down many of the first robot designs! He even said no, to Steven Spielberg's ideas for the first film. My gosh people...he has almost 100% say! Not 20% to 30% say...get real!

We could argue like this all day if we want but the fact of the matter is that we dont know.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500688)
Posted by ConBotFormer on July 4th, 2013 @ 10:45am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
ConBotFormer wrote:I find it so funny how so many of you still think the Bay has very little say in how the robots will look and what cars they will be. HE'S THE DIRECTOR!! He has almost all say in what will and will not be in his films! He has even said in the commentary of the first film how he wouldn't have Bee, be a VW bug. And he shot down many of the first robot designs! He even said no, to Steven Spielberg's ideas for the first film. My gosh people...he has almost 100% say! Not 20% to 30% say...get real!


Four words:

Hasbro. Is. In. Charge.

Prove it to me.

The thing I've read about Hasbro "being in charge" was them saying. You guys have to make the robots look like the toys. So no crazy transformations with wheels for knees. There is no way Hasbro is in charge.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500691)
Posted by RAcast on July 4th, 2013 @ 11:01am CDT
ConBotFormer wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
ConBotFormer wrote:I find it so funny how so many of you still think the Bay has very little say in how the robots will look and what cars they will be. HE'S THE DIRECTOR!! He has almost all say in what will and will not be in his films! He has even said in the commentary of the first film how he wouldn't have Bee, be a VW bug. And he shot down many of the first robot designs! He even said no, to Steven Spielberg's ideas for the first film. My gosh people...he has almost 100% say! Not 20% to 30% say...get real!


Four words:

Hasbro. Is. In. Charge.

Prove it to me.

The thing I've read about Hasbro "being in charge" was them saying. You guys have to make the robots look like the toys. So no crazy transformations with wheels for knees. There is no way Hasbro is in charge.


It's Hasbro's IP, so they have the final say on everything.

That said, Hasbro may or may not give Bay some leeway. You're right, we don't know for certain, but it's VERY safe to assume that the decisions are ultimately Hasbro's.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500716)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 4th, 2013 @ 1:51pm CDT
I think that Bay has at least 70% say in which car will be which characters. In the first film, he said that despite people has said, he still would put flames on Prime...

That being said, the reactions from the people about the new Bee car is just a metter of taste. THere's nothing to try to understand here. Its not mind boggling. Some people will hate it, some will love it.
Personnally, the camaro I prefer is the 76 camaro. After that, except for the 67 camaro, all the camaros that followed where not my cup of tea. My girlfriend has the opposite opinion: she despised the 76 and the 67 camaros, but loved the modern ones. Its a matter of taste.
No more no less.

That being said, I only hope that we will get a great movie. At least Roger Ebert, peace to his soul, won't be there to bash it.

HAsbro may have son weight in the decisions that are being made, but I think is to make the toys easier to produce.

My guess is that wether we like it or not, Bay outweights Hasbro.
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500734)
Posted by njb902 on July 4th, 2013 @ 3:16pm CDT
ConBotFormer wrote:I find it so funny how so many of you still think the Bay has very little say in how the robots will look and what cars they will be. HE'S THE DIRECTOR!! He has almost all say in what will and will not be in his films! He has even said in the commentary of the first film how he wouldn't have Bee, be a VW bug, he saw the 2006 concept Camaro and said, "that's Bumblebee". And he shot down many of the first robot designs! He even said no, to Steven Spielberg's ideas for the first film. My gosh people...he has almost 100% say! Not 20% to 30% say...get real!


So you're saying that the people who pay hundreds of millions to have these mega films made have almost no control? Get real?
Re: 2014 Concept Camaro Confirmed as Transformers 4 Bumblebee (1500746)
Posted by viruscarnage on July 4th, 2013 @ 3:47pm CDT
I'm still going with we don't really know. But my guess would be Bay would propose certain vehicles to Hasbro and 99.9% of the time he gets it and would only get denied if they couldn't make a toy for it.

Click here to view an additional 44 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014