Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

3rd Alternity On The Way?

Transformers News: 3rd Alternity On The Way?

Saturday, April 11th, 2009 12:06PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 8,298

Mykltron has let us know that the Alternity page of the Takara/Tomy site there is a silhouette of a car with rear spoilers and the words 'coming soon...' underneath. Could this be a new design to follow Megatron, or possibly the Nemesis Prime repaint of Optimus Prime?
Credit(s): Mykltron
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (908981)
Posted by Mykltron on April 11th, 2009 @ 12:23pm CDT
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (908983)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 11th, 2009 @ 12:24pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:It looks like Henkei Red Alert?

So you thought that was possibly a light bar on top as well?

My first thought/hope was Prowl but then I happen to be partial towards that character. More than likely it will be Red Alert.
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (908984)
Posted by cadenheadr04 on April 11th, 2009 @ 12:25pm CDT
It may be an alternity red alert or prowl not just henkei? maybe?
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (908986)
Posted by Mykltron on April 11th, 2009 @ 12:27pm CDT
Unfotrunately, I think you're clutching at straws...
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (908991)
Posted by HighPrime on April 11th, 2009 @ 12:40pm CDT
Mold is right, but I think it's Sunstreaker. The top looks more like the intakes of Henkei/Hasbro Sunstreaker.

Besides, gotta save the Red Alert repaint for later :grin:
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (908993)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 11th, 2009 @ 12:56pm CDT
I think it looks like Hot Rod.
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (908995)
Posted by GetterDragun on April 11th, 2009 @ 1:02pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:Dammit, I think you're right. How disappointing. And why would they advertise henkei on the Alternity page? Curse them!

I thought the same thing about it being on the Alternity page...but it's definitely an exotic car and looks just like the Classics mold.

Or maybe reissue Sunstreaker!?
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909000)
Posted by backpack on April 11th, 2009 @ 1:37pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:I think it looks like Hot Rod.

same here, that silhouette is giving off a classics rodimus vibe.
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909005)
Posted by rpetras on April 11th, 2009 @ 1:57pm CDT
I'm guessing Sunstreaker or Sideswipe.
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909044)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on April 11th, 2009 @ 3:45pm CDT
whatever it is, it's definitely "comming" soon :lol:
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909060)
Posted by Dreath on April 11th, 2009 @ 4:18pm CDT
Its a Lambo, either a Gallardo or a Murciellago. Could be a Reventon too :-?
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909076)
Posted by Caelus on April 11th, 2009 @ 4:56pm CDT
Looks like Classics Sunstreaker/Sideswipe to me, I don't see how anyone could see anything else. Actually, for some reason this reminds me of Asch's conformity experiment with the lines...

Anyhow, it's possible there is a third Alternity coming and someone got sloppy and used the wrong silhouette for the website.
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909093)
Posted by omega666 on April 11th, 2009 @ 5:44pm CDT
Cool! I like my Prime. Can't wait to get Megatron and I hope they do more. :grin:
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909095)
Posted by travicon on April 11th, 2009 @ 5:45pm CDT
well i say theres no way to tell who it is. i mean, megatron was never a car ya know. so it might look like this guy or it might sorta look like that guy but for all we know it could be Blaster, Perceptor, or anyone else who has never been a car...

ok well im not 100% sure if those guys were ever cars or not but im sure ive got my point across... :-B
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909220)
Posted by primeoptimus on April 12th, 2009 @ 1:01am CDT
bumblebee?

he's the next most popular guy next to the leaders,so why not?
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909221)
Posted by Valandar on April 12th, 2009 @ 1:15am CDT
You're ALL wrong!

It's Alternity Heinlad!
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909241)
Posted by Caelus on April 12th, 2009 @ 4:04am CDT
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909282)
Posted by Mykltron on April 12th, 2009 @ 8:57am CDT
Yeah, it's definately NOT news to get excited about - sorry for getting your hopes up.
Re: 3rd Alternity On The Way? (909304)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 12th, 2009 @ 10:16am CDT
Of course you realize that one of these days they are actually going to blindside us all, not say a word to anyone and produce a Wheelie that is actually a bad-ass.

And nobody...will...see...it...coming!! :twisted:

But until that day, yeah I gotta agree that this one is Sunstreaker. that sillouhette totally matches his pic.