Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set

Transformers News: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 1:16PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,849

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It looks as though Bumblebee will be sporting more than one Camaro alt mode in "Transformers 4" just like he did in the first live action Transformers film. Back in May Michael Bay announced that the customized vintage 1967 Camaro SS that had been seen on set was indeed Bumblebee, today the Camaro enthusiast website Camaro5.com posted new images of a customized 6th Generation Camaro on set with the other Autobot cars. More images can be found by clicking here.

While the Camaros in the first 3 Transformers movies were essentially production version Camaros with some unique aero parts added, the Transformers 4 Camaro will feature special bodywork – especially the front end. The entire front end is custom – from the futuristic looking LED headlights to the grille, to the front spoiler lip. The rear fenders feature an air vent and aggressive lower door character line and side skirts. The rear features vents on the hind quarters and a sporty diffuser, as well as a high spoiler.



Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.
Credit(s): Camaro5.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500175)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2013 @ 1:34pm CDT
And so it begins...

Image
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500177)
Posted by TimothyR on July 2nd, 2013 @ 1:36pm CDT
Wow, that looks pretty damn cool.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500199)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 2:15pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:And so it begins...

Image


:lol: Thanks dude, I needed a laugh today. I was going to post something cynical, but why bother when I can go with humour instead :APPLAUSE:
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500210)
Posted by Jack Hallows on July 2nd, 2013 @ 2:26pm CDT
de feek?

and the thot plickens...

who's the green one next to bee?
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500211)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2013 @ 2:28pm CDT
Jack Hallows wrote:who's the green one next to bee?


I believe that's the Corvette Stingray, thought to be the upgraded form of Sideswipe. :-?
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500239)
Posted by Aladar on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:11pm CDT
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500241)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:12pm CDT
I'm hoping im not late on this but I probably am but what ever

Michaelbay.com has revealed the Bumblebee 2014 concept Camaro

Image

Trumpets please . . . Bumblebee, a 2014 Concept Camaro! . . . the final jewel in the Transformers 4 crown.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500244)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:14pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:Image


I kinda want to take back all the crap I say about Movie Bumblebee...

...but I also don't want to, because I can almost see the endless amount of redecos and retools this could spawn.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500247)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:20pm CDT
I miss VW Beetle BB. :BLACKEYE:
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500251)
Posted by XDMan on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:24pm CDT
I'm impressed with the vehicle mode whatsoever, but why must we get Bee in his different looks??? The answer is very simple: Hasbro thinks he will sell, no matter his appearance, when he will actually (and ironically) shelfwarm! HA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll just stick with the black and yellow Camaro for this guy, but I'm very hungey to see the new designs for him, the Autobots, and the unnamed Transformers we have yet to see!!! :-(
Mindmaster wrote:And so it begins...

Image
...and not another good toy in sight! ;)
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500252)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:26pm CDT
Looks boring. Other than the headlights, its pretty bland and overly round in the front. Guess they're done trying to implement the old'school look, and just caving into making it look like every other rounded, generic car on the road. =;
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500258)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:37pm CDT
mice looking car but im so sick of yellow camaros & im even more sick of bumblebee. I never though id say this but i miss G1 bumblebee.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500261)
Posted by El Duque on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:46pm CDT
Michael Bay's official website has now confirmed the modern Camaro revealed earlier today is in fact Bumblebee. So there you have it, Bumblebee has been officially confirmed as both a custom 1967 Camaro SS and a 2014 Concept Camaro for "Transformers 4". Judging by the caption that accompanies the image this may be the last reveal.

Check it out below.

Trumpets please . . . Bumblebee, a 2014 Concept Camaro! . . . the final jewel in the Transformers 4 crown. High resolution image: http://bayhem.com/18tH0jv


Image
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500266)
Posted by BIGGUY007 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:15pm CDT
That car is UGLY!!!!!. :BOOM: :shock: [-(

:BOT: :CON:
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500270)
Posted by njb902 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT
I don't think the car is ugly just the color, black would look very nice.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500271)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:20pm CDT
Not much on cars, but that honestly doesn't look that great to me. I much prefer the other renditions, this doesn't look very special at all. Of course, I think it makes for a better disguise.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500272)
Posted by SentinelA on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:26pm CDT
SWEEEEEET! :shock: :x =P~ :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN:
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500275)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
As a fan of the camaro....

This thing looks terrible. I get wanting to change up the look, but nothing about this front end says "Camaro" to me.

However, based on this i'm more convinced that the old rusted out flat nosed truck is Prime fron the past, and the 67 camaro is also Bee from the past.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500276)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:40pm CDT
Being a firstimer here, I will state clearly that I respect everyone's opinion here.

With that being said,

I HATE THIS CAR WITH EVERY FIBERS OF MY BODY!!!!!

Like in the first film, bee will have an awesome looking car mode, then and ugly car mode.

Way to go Bay, way to go... :michaelbay:

I bet y'all that bee will speak trhough the $?%$&!!! radio again... something that'S getting very old now :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :BOOM:

quite frankly, I so far all the car modes shown here are amazing... but as always, Bee dissapoints, except for the 67 camaro car mode. Hell, My 2005 Civic looks better thant that ugly piece of $h!t!
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500277)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:43pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:Image


I just realized that's a terrible photoshop job on the floor reflection. Look at how the reflection of the yellow body cuts into the front wheel. fail, FAIL!
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500281)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:54pm CDT
I am also tempted to say Motormaster, since Optimus Prime never got any kind of worthy competition in the first 3 movies.

in a scene, leaked on the net, we saw that cab-over truck chasing optimus Prime on a country side road... so I would think this is a Decepticon we are looking at. Motormaster the new leader of the Decepticons? I dig That!

but what if.... what ifffff..... if this would be the movie-verse version of GALVATRON'S ALT MODE??????????????
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500283)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 2nd, 2013 @ 4:58pm CDT
yup
this is an epic fail
like bumblebee talking through the radio for the 3 first films!
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500298)
Posted by RazorSlash92 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 6:27pm CDT
Gee, the camaro is Bumblebee?

Who would'a thunk it
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500318)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:29pm CDT
Bay: well, we changed bumblebees grill like 4 times, what else can we do to it? oh! i know! make thee head lights look terrible!
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500319)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:31pm CDT
Great, so 'Bee has a speech impediment AND a personality disorder?? Just what kind of joker is coming up with this stuff? At least as the older Camaro he doesn't need to speak. He'll have that beautiful, throaty growl when he's in his alt mode every time he revs his engine and no words will need to be spoken. This...thing, this neutered excuse for a muscle cars descendant...??? No...just... hell no!
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500323)
Posted by dragons on July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:52pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I miss VW Beetle BB. :BLACKEYE:


I like head lights on it sleack looking,

Vw bee I dont miss either way we be getting crap load bumblebees on shelfs camero, or vw with black stripe down center of car im sick of bees on shelfs but im intersted to see bot modes how new toys will look
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500335)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:22pm CDT
dragons wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:I miss VW Beetle BB. :BLACKEYE:


I like head lights on it sleack looking,

Vw bee I dont miss either way we be getting crap load bumblebees on shelfs camero, or vw with black stripe down center of car im sick of bees on shelfs but im intersted to see bot modes how new toys will look


Exactly, the toys! :P I'm just saying I would buy a VW Beetle BB. A lot. A LOT. It would be a nice change.

BB has a bit of a split personality - he's small and scrappy in G1, but bad@$$ and muscle car in just about every other incarnation. I'm just calling for the cuter, scrappier VW Bee. :PRAY: (You could even throw it as a joke in the movie - "what the hell happened in 1984? Were you a VW, Bee?!" I don't really care, as long as Hasbro would consider another VW BB! :x )
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500344)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
I Must be getting old. Willingly deleted my previous less-than-flattering comments regarding this subject. All I have to say now is that I strongly dislike this move. 'Bee already did the whole "upgrade" thing once in this movie franchise. I see no reason to do this gimmick a second time unless for some silly reason they have him start the film out as this new version of the Camaro and then switch to the '69 body style. If that's the case then this is nothing but a very blatant, to the point of being insulting, marketing move. My gut is telling me that this is the case. I understand that the G1 cartoon and especially the 1986 movie, were both nothing more than toy commercials from the POV of the creators but I'll be damned if I'm willing to sit through a 2 1/2 hour long car commercial and right now that is exactly what this is beginning to look like.
I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500346)
Posted by njb902 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:49pm CDT
Product placement helps to get these super expensive movies made.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500350)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:54pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I Must be getting old. Willingly deleted my previous less-than-flattering comments regarding this subject. All I have to say now is that I strongly dislike this move. 'Bee already did the whole "upgrade" thing once in this movie franchise. I see no reason to do this gimmick a second time unless for some silly reason they have him start the film out as this new version of the Camaro and then switch to the '69 body style. If that's the case then this is nothing but a very blatant, to the point of being insulting, marketing move. My gut is telling me that this is the case. I understand that the G1 cartoon and especially the 1986 movie, were both nothing more than toy commercials from the POV of the creators but I'll be damned if I'm willing to sit through a 2 1/2 hour long car commercial and right now that is exactly what this is beginning to look like.
I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.


I feel your voice is echoing that of many other collectors out there. I see SOME people defend the movies, but I'm more inclined with your style of thinking. :-?

I'd like to see some polls:

1) How many of you think TF4 will be good and/or improve on past movies?
2) How many of you would call yourselves fans of the Bay-verse/TF movies?
3) What do you think will be the single WORST part of T4?

For #3, I'll start off with the avalanche of BB's clogging store shelves. Close second (for me) would be seeing Bay take another beloved character and ruin the alt mode and personality. Or if he doesn't include Menasor. :-x
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500351)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:57pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.

:APPLAUSE: Top Gear rocks.

But since this topic is all about the cars, I'll refrain from adding to the movie bashing. AT LEAST we are getting a Lambo, Pagani, and some stylish looking suv/truck things... and a few other sweet rides that aren't all boring American vehicles like the first few movies. The solstice was a dece ride, but was it really worthy of being Jazz? A Porsche was always the true choice, and this is the point T-Macksimus means about the blatant marketing. Sure it might help pay for the movies, but if what you want ultimately leads to a glossy 2 hour showcase of your sponsors, then maybe the film industry isn't the right place for you (Bay).

Opps, movie bash slipped out. :DANCE:
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500353)
Posted by njb902 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:03pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.

:APPLAUSE: Top Gear rocks.

But since this topic is all about the cars, I'll refrain from adding to the movie bashing. AT LEAST we are getting a Lambo, Pagani, and some stylish looking suv/truck things... and a few other sweet rides that aren't all boring American vehicles like the first few movies. The solstice was a dece ride, but was it really worthy of being Jazz? A Porsche was always the true choice, and this is the point T-Macksimus means about the blatant marketing. Sure it might help pay for the movies, but if what you want ultimately leads to a glossy 2 hour showcase of your sponsors, then maybe the film industry isn't the right place for you (Bay).

Opps, movie bash slipped out. :DANCE:



You're assuming that bay has more influence than the producers and the studio on money matters.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500354)
Posted by njb902 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:04pm CDT
Dp
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500355)
Posted by jos3m on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:09pm CDT
I like that yellow bunblebee, but he was kind of the most important beside optimus in the previous movies, and you think there will be a new autobot that take that lead?

And as an extra for some weird reason while i was watching again the sonic, in that jumping picture on bay page, to my mind came the name cliffjumper!

Cliff as the new guardian?

If that its posible, you think it would be something to praise o to condemn?
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500358)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:18pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:I might as well just stay at home and watch episodes of Top Gear back to back and at least get a bit of DECENT humor interjected throughout instead of dealing with the juvenile bathroom humor that has been dispersed throughout this series.

:APPLAUSE: Top Gear rocks.

But since this topic is all about the cars, I'll refrain from adding to the movie bashing. AT LEAST we are getting a Lambo, Pagani, and some stylish looking suv/truck things... and a few other sweet rides that aren't all boring American vehicles like the first few movies. The solstice was a dece ride, but was it really worthy of being Jazz? A Porsche was always the true choice, and this is the point T-Macksimus means about the blatant marketing. Sure it might help pay for the movies, but if what you want ultimately leads to a glossy 2 hour showcase of your sponsors, then maybe the film industry isn't the right place for you (Bay).

Opps, movie bash slipped out. :DANCE:



You're assuming that bay has more influence than the producers and the studio on money matters.


Your right, my mistake. It's not just Bay's fault for the commerciality of big budget movies.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500360)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:24pm CDT
njb902 wrote:Product placement helps to get these super expensive movies made.


Oh, I know, I won't deny that at all. This just feels like more than simple product placement. This has the stink of yet another corporation having far too much control in an endeavor that it really should have a lesser role in. That's my take on it anyways. Just part of my cynicism. I hate huge corporations and how dependent we have become on them but sadly can't afford to rebel against them either and that fact galls me.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500361)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:24pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I don't really care, as long as Hasbro would consider another VW BB! :x )


*violent cough* MasterpieceBumblebeebrah *violent cough*
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500365)
Posted by amtm on July 2nd, 2013 @ 9:43pm CDT
Looks like more of the same old thing to me.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500379)
Posted by sdn1337 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 11:08pm CDT
This camaro isn't bad. I'd have to say I like the previous models more. I'm a little disappointed that Bee's main alt mode isn't going to be the 1969 version.

Since Bee reversed his colors in TFP, I like more black on him. It does fit the name Bumblebee more considering they have more black than yellow on them.

But hey it's either that he just wants to roll with the old one for a while then get back up to date.

Or...

There can be a time traveling segment that people have been speculating about. Which I think will be pretty cool.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500386)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 2nd, 2013 @ 11:33pm CDT
I don't like it nor do I hate it. I'm more inclined to say I honestly don't care about what BB looks like.
I will say though that i'm not a particular fan of that concept Camero though. Pretty boring looking. It seems a bit "neutered" for a Camero.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500394)
Posted by Transformado on July 3rd, 2013 @ 12:59am CDT
That's one good looking car. I like the curves they added to the front panel, it gives the headlights a more sinister look to it. I'm most curious about its robot form.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500413)
Posted by Eagleblaster on July 3rd, 2013 @ 4:02am CDT
I'm loving this new Bumblebees l and the new design of the Camaro. It looks so much better than the present one. I like its rounded out edges giving it a more super coupe aero dynamic look. Also its good that they made the front not as bold, so that the driver gets a better veiw of the road. This has to be one of the best looking economy sports cars that I can think of rite now. Except that the headlights are kindof small. Great car. I would buy the repaint that's not another yellow bumblebee. 8)
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500417)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 3rd, 2013 @ 5:15am CDT
You know, the whole idea of them changing paint schemes and some changes to their vehicle modes doesn't bother me. They're Transformers, changing is what they do. Just like some one would want to change the style of clothes they wear, or decide to get a tattoo or piercings, so to do they change their appearance in minor or major ways. Bumblebee just happens to dig Camaro's.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500492)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on July 3rd, 2013 @ 1:10pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
njb902 wrote:Product placement helps to get these super expensive movies made.


Oh, I know, I won't deny that at all. This just feels like more than simple product placement. This has the stink of yet another corporation having far too much control in an endeavor that it really should have a lesser role in. That's my take on it anyways. Just part of my cynicism. I hate huge corporations and how dependent we have become on them but sadly can't afford to rebel against them either and that fact galls me.


As someone who's worked in the automobile industry all my life and have family that has worked in the production business, when it comes to using vehicles in film, there are a lot of rules one must abide by. Unfortunately, its not as easy as just using whatever you want in the spot light. Every time a vehicle is used on set and the logo appears, they get paid. Not only do they get paid, one needs permission to use said logo on film. Depending on the manufacturer, they will even call the shots on how the vehicle will be used. Remember the whole Dino/Mirage fiasco? Ferrari had full say on everything from the Ferrari's faction to his name. Now if Hasbro, Bay, Paramount, etc. don't like these terms the end result is just not to use them. But every manufacturer has there own stipulation on how they want their product portrayed. My guess is that since a majority of the products being used have been GM, they were more than likely the loosest in terms of how they allowed their products to be used. But sometimes we need some diversity instead of 100% GM products. And while many might see it as just a 2 1/2 hour long car commercial, cars are just a part of TF in general.

I would have loved to see Jazz as a Porsche, but considering the VW owns Porsche, something tells me that since they didn't want the beetle used in the first movie, they weren't going to approve a Porsche being used either.
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500496)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 3rd, 2013 @ 1:45pm CDT
I'D vote number 3 also

we will get the usual round of many incarnations/versions/variations of that crappy camaro in deluxe, legion, scout, human alliance, ultimate, leader, voyager etc, and we won't get amazing characters like soundwave, topspin in human alliance.... etc.... and Bay will probably give a crappy name for ne decepticons or autobots...

I like the bay-verse movies for what they are movies in their own universe
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500498)
Posted by Slashercon on July 3rd, 2013 @ 1:50pm CDT
"sigh" As I said before, I am not impressed with the vehicles in this movie. Aside, from the black cab, Hound and Optimus' new look, nothing really seems "right" Like there is something "off". Bumbelebee resembles Jolt if he were yellow. (Also, who was it that said more cars equals more screentime? Tell that to Jolt in ROTF.)
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500526)
Posted by jos3m on July 3rd, 2013 @ 3:43pm CDT
where is Ratchet? i would like to see him again, we see a little of a ambulance in the first pictures that appeared but then nothing

will he be dead or killed in the movie?
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500534)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 3rd, 2013 @ 4:07pm CDT
just hope that Bee will speak with his own voice....

coz if not it will be silly to think that ratchet repaired optimus' arm but was unable to fix bee' voice speaker??puhhhleeezzzzzz!!! :roll:

I tried to register on bay's official forum, but the activation link was never sent to me... guess he knew I would harass him to make bee skeak normally.. and give the bots and cons more sreen time thant the human soldiers... or some uptight government agent like Galloway or merring... :HEADHURTS: :-x

just regret that simmons is not returning :BANG_HEAD:
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500565)
Posted by prowl123 on July 3rd, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
That is quite possibly the 2nd ugliest car I've ever seen. Why, Bay, why? Why must you make product placement rule your movies? Why not just make a decent TF movie?
Re: 6th Generation Camaro Spotted on Transformers 4 Set (1500567)
Posted by njb902 on July 3rd, 2013 @ 6:35pm CDT
prowl123 wrote:That is quite possibly the 2nd ugliest car I've ever seen. Why, Bay, why? Why must you make product placement rule your movies? Why not just make a decent TF movie?


You are assuming he has 100% control over those choices.

Click here to view an additional 57 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014