Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

A Big Year for Hasbro

Transformers News: A Big Year for Hasbro

Saturday, January 17th, 2009 8:07AM CST

Categories: Company News, Event News, Movie News, Press Releases, Toy News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 23,685

Hasbro predicts a big year for itself. Jedi News has posted a Hasbro press release from the 2009 Toy Fair. The press release discusses several different toy lines as well as Hasbro's general direction for the year.

A couple Transformers toys in the pipeline include two R/C Transformers, RPMS (Robot-Powered Machines), and new vehicle ranges. Click here to read it.
Credit(s): *Soundwave*, JediNews
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (868526)
Posted by *Soundwave* on January 17th, 2009 @ 8:56am CST
ummm...credit plz?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48799
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (868546)
Posted by dragons on January 17th, 2009 @ 9:45am CST
ummm...credit plz?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48799

if it makes feel better it happend to me twice haha i thought it was just me :lol: im laughing at myself not you & the irony
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (868587)
Posted by *Soundwave* on January 17th, 2009 @ 10:48am CST
dragons wrote:
ummm...credit plz?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48799

Yea, I hate when that happens, to see my thread sitting there for 2 days with 30 views and no replies, then to see this with over 200 views like 2 seconds after it was posted.

-_-
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (868588)
Posted by Seibertron on January 17th, 2009 @ 10:49am CST
*Soundwave* wrote:ummm...credit plz?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48799

Thanks for sharing the original information with us. I have given you proper credit in the news story and merged the two topics together.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bro/14995/

Speaking of providing credit, where did you get the image above that you posted?
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (868595)
Posted by *Soundwave* on January 17th, 2009 @ 11:01am CST
Seibertron wrote:
*Soundwave* wrote:ummm...credit plz?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48799

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bro/14995/

Thanks!

I got it here:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/20 ... 120392.asp

I guess whoever posted it scanned it themselves.
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (868706)
Posted by craggy on January 17th, 2009 @ 2:49pm CST
this could be Hasbro's biggest year ever in recent times.

At least in regards to stuff they themselves have generated (I'd wager a guess that when Star Wars: Episodes 1 and 3 came out they had a heck of a lot of product out there. Ep 2 maybe not so much, but I could be wrong) what with the Transformers sequel (regardless of my opinion on the movie or how Transformers-y it was, it damn sure got a lot of media attention and a big presence in stores) the first GI Joe movie (which hopefully won't be bad enough to halt any plans for a sequel...as much as TF is my first love of toys, GI Joe is probably a better-or even The Best-toyline over all) and a Visionaries revival.

Okay, I'm making that last bit up, but really, is it that friggin' hard? I've got a creative team ready to do the comic for them.
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (868730)
Posted by Mkall on January 17th, 2009 @ 3:26pm CST
TF2 + GI Joe Movie = Lots of dough for hasbro to keep them afloat during these hard economic times.
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (877457)
Posted by MysticKnight on February 1st, 2009 @ 9:49pm CST
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (877497)
Posted by Valandar on February 2nd, 2009 @ 12:28am CST
MysticKnight wrote:Wow, they misspelled "Collectibles", there's an "i" at the end, not an "a", lolol..

Actually, you are both right and wrong. The word can legitimately be spelled with an I OR with an A.
Re: A Big Year for Hasbro (950787)
Posted by Dagon on July 8th, 2009 @ 11:27am CDT
Valandar wrote:

Arrrgggghhh!!! GRAMMAR SLAM!!!!! RRRRRAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism