Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron

Transformers News: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 10:24AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,148

Thanks to the Cybergundam blog we a scan from the latest issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine that reveals the upcoming Super GT-03 Megatron in much greater detail. Like the rest of Takara Tomy's Super GT line he's a remold of the previously released Alternity Convoy and will come with a Race Queen figure. Check out the scan mirrored below.

A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron
Credit(s): Cybergundam Blog
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1466871)
Posted by craggy on February 24th, 2013 @ 10:29am CST
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1466905)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 24th, 2013 @ 12:33pm CST
craggy wrote:I've nothing against the occasional, or sensible repaint. This looks okay, but isn't about the 83,000th version of this toy?

That's nothing compared to the current record holder: Classics Starscream. Who are you kidding? :lol:
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1466911)
Posted by craggy on February 24th, 2013 @ 12:50pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

admittedly there are a few different Starscreams, but most of the repaints have been other characters who are supposed to share his body design. Megatron, Star Saber, Optimus Prime and how ever many other characters have all traditionally had unique body types and alt modes.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1466916)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 24th, 2013 @ 1:11pm CST
The Alternity Convoy mold is a Nissan GT-R, a car model in the current Super GT series, and looking over the other makes in Alternity (Nissan Fairlady Z, Suzuki Swift and Mitsuoka Orochi) NONE of them are in the car lineup. In fact, Suzuki and Mitsuoka aren't even participating!

So yeah, expect quite a few more repaints. :lol:
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1466964)
Posted by FellintoOblivion on February 24th, 2013 @ 5:00pm CST
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1467068)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 25th, 2013 @ 4:25am CST
FellintoOblivion wrote:God I would love to see a revival of the alternators/binaltech/super gt line in the US.

Seeing how Super GT Racing is popular in the Asian region, I would expect that if Hasbro wanted to... They do that with NASCAR.

But it would only make sense if they added a Kyle Busch figure with Starscream in the end. :lol:
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1467119)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on February 25th, 2013 @ 11:31am CST
I'm not a fan of this line though they still look awesome but Megatron has alway been one of my favorite :CON: . If we get better pics and if they tempt me enough I will be picking this one up...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1467200)
Posted by KNM2012 on February 25th, 2013 @ 6:19pm CST
I just got a closer view of this figure. Pretty sweet head sculpt. It has, to me, a very Naoto Tsushima feel to it.

Besides that, the lack of Autobot and Decepticon symbols have me wonder if this incarnation has them teaming up defending Earth while racing against each other. :-?
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1469576)
Posted by El Duque on March 6th, 2013 @ 12:11am CST
Once again the CyberGundam Blog brings us a fresh look at Takara Tomy's recently revealed Super GT-03 GTR Megatron. Like all the figures in in the Super GT line he's a remold of the previously released Alternity Convoy mold. He comes with a new head mold, race inspired weapon, full sponsor logos, and a poseable Race Queen figure. Check out the latest image mirrored below.

Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1469589)
Posted by KNM2012 on March 6th, 2013 @ 1:18am CST
I still like the head sculpt, and his race queen comes off as tempting. But much like the odd-numbered Star Trek movies... I will pass. Just have to hope that the rest end up being Maximus, Scorponok, Metalhawk, and Ginrai. Maybe even Overlord and Deszaras. :PRAY:

But I am thinking we will see the next three being Maximus, Galvatron, and Ginrai as the three have multiple characters that share said "title." :WHISTLE:
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1469619)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 6th, 2013 @ 5:52am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:I still like the head sculpt, and his race queen comes off as tempting. But much like the odd-numbered Star Trek movies... I will pass. :

Buy it ! :twisted:
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1469798)
Posted by KNM2012 on March 6th, 2013 @ 2:52pm CST
Sinnertwin wrote:

Buy it ! :twisted:

Cannot. I preordered two more pieces, and need to save my money just in case the rumored Transformers Asia reissues of G1 Star Saber and G1 Dai Atlas are both true and look like the originals.

Besides, I am reinforcing my no policy when it comes to any Convoy/Prime and Megatron/Galvatron. It's something I should have been following this entire time. :WHISTLE:
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1469813)
Posted by RhA on March 6th, 2013 @ 3:46pm CST
Well, the 83.000th version or not, it still looks sweet.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1469838)
Posted by Valandar on March 6th, 2013 @ 4:52pm CST
At least the Race Queen looks a few years older than KISS players. Still to young, but at least a bit older.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470267)
Posted by Blurrz on March 8th, 2013 @ 9:53am CST
Once again from Cybergundam Blog, we have bigger images of another upcoming Takara Transformers figure. For their Transformers GT line, we have the third release in this set, GT-03 Megatron. The first Decepticon in the line, Megatron shares the same mold as the previous figures, Optimus Prime and (Star) Saber. Going with the toyline's theme and gimmick, the sponsor-covered Megatron is accompanied with a Microman-based Race Queen, inspired in Decepticon colors. The duo is priced at ¥10,000 and is set for release on July 27th.

ImageImageImage
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470269)
Posted by Dark Ops on March 8th, 2013 @ 9:58am CST
Is that Megs' holomatter avatar? He and Whirl should compare notes.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470273)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 8th, 2013 @ 10:03am CST
Dark Ops wrote:Is that Megs' holomatter avatar? He and Whirl should compare notes.

Nah that's the lady who "changes his oil".

Eh? Eh?

Know what I mean?

Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470280)
Posted by The Variable on March 8th, 2013 @ 10:28am CST
Reading MTMTE and its new take on holomatter avatars puts these race queen figurines in a completely different light...
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470282)
Posted by Red 50 on March 8th, 2013 @ 10:29am CST
*Whistle* Not bad, nice form, don't know about the colour scheme or the decals but that's really nice...

Oh, and Megatron ain't bad lookin', either
;)
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470283)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 8th, 2013 @ 10:31am CST
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470291)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 8th, 2013 @ 10:54am CST
Trikeboy wrote:From the front, hell yeah, from the back, damn :(. Why couldn't they try to hide the hood and roof a bit better?

It has Automorph spots: in the chest and the main body.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470292)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 8th, 2013 @ 10:55am CST
Megs has the best looking girl by far.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470337)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 8th, 2013 @ 12:46pm CST
Never thought Megatron would look so good in an Optimus mold. 8)
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470420)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 8th, 2013 @ 8:04pm CST
i just want the girls. if anyone gets megs or any of the other race queens and does not want the girls PM me.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470438)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 8th, 2013 @ 10:20pm CST
A cutie that comes with a Megatron accessory!
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470483)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on March 9th, 2013 @ 4:47am CST
"Inspired in Decepticon colors"

Hmm. Didn't realize the 'Con's switched their faction symbol to pink...

Also, I find the lack of even ONE Decepticon insignia disappointing. How else are you supposed to tell he's evil apart from his glaringly obvious menacing face?

It's a good thing I feel nothing for this or anything else in the GT line...
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470494)
Posted by RhA on March 9th, 2013 @ 6:28am CST
...if Megatron would have ben a sportscoach instead of a tyrant...
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470713)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 10th, 2013 @ 1:18am CST
RhA wrote:...if Megatron would have ben a sportscoach instead of a tyrant...

"FOR THE LOVE OF PRIMUS SWERVE, I SWEAR, IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME ONE MORE PUSH UP, I WILL RAISE AN ARMY OF THE DOWNTRODDEN, INSTIGATE A WAR AGAINST THE RULING BODY OF CYBERTRON, AND KILL YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY! DO YOU HEAR ME!?"
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470730)
Posted by Arctorro on March 10th, 2013 @ 5:40am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
RhA wrote:...if Megatron would have ben a sportscoach instead of a tyrant...

You know what? Think I might pass on training this week...

:lol:
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy Super GT-03 Megatron (1470738)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 10th, 2013 @ 6:18am CDT
Arctorro wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
RhA wrote:...if Megatron would have ben a sportscoach instead of a tyrant...

You know what? Think I might pass on training this week...

:lol:

Soooooft!
Nice looking figure regardless of his current employment status
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars