Transformers News: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon

Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 10:36PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,665

Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui continues to tweet new images of the Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack prototype, this evening we get a little closer look at shoulder mounted weapon. His Magnetic Inducer Shell can at very least be removed from the launcher, possibly fired. Image mirrored below.

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Discussion
Credit(s): Shogo Hasui

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546016)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:57pm CST
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546017)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:58pm CST
Given the size difference between him and MP Frenzy, reenacting his famous use of this weapon in Marvel US#9 will seem kind of mean. But if it actually fires, that's what's happening as soon as he's out of the box.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546044)
Posted by Torneira on January 29th, 2014 @ 1:06am CST
fenrir72 wrote:Torture! I can't wait to see colored pics! Btw, I have a bad feeling that this will not make the end of August release.

Here's a good indication how he would look :D
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546045)
Posted by Torneira on January 29th, 2014 @ 1:10am CST
Torneira wrote:

Here's a good indication how he would look :D

Hmm, my picture didn't load up, so here 's the link to it:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... ckdigi.jpg
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546046)
Posted by Torneira on January 29th, 2014 @ 1:12am CST
Torneira wrote:

Here's a good indication how he would look :D

Hmm, my picture didn't load up, so here 's the link to it:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... ckdigi.jpg
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546055)
Posted by Burn on January 29th, 2014 @ 1:42am CST
I've been holding this back for a while but I'm going to say it.

I know they're going for cartoon accuracy but I really did love the double shoulder mounted launchers that the G1 toy had.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546074)
Posted by parc.elohssa on January 29th, 2014 @ 2:31am CST
Burn wrote:I've been holding this back for a while but I'm going to say it.

I'm sure someone like Dr. Wu or Before & After will fill this need. :-)
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546113)
Posted by AnnaChristine on January 29th, 2014 @ 5:44am CST
Burn wrote:I've been holding this back for a while but I'm going to say it.

You're gonna think I'm crazy, but I'd really like someone to give us the toy head. Even as a kid I thought the cartoon eyes thing was dorky compared to the medieval-knight visor the toy had.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546115)
Posted by Burn on January 29th, 2014 @ 5:53am CST
AnnaChristine wrote:
Burn wrote:I've been holding this back for a while but I'm going to say it.

I've looked but ... I can't see a difference.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546129)
Posted by AnnaChristine on January 29th, 2014 @ 8:54am CST
The toy head has no eyes. The mouthpiece is in fact the entire face. Always loved the masked look it gave him :P
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546148)
Posted by megatronus on January 29th, 2014 @ 9:54am CST

At the point where we're seeing test shots 7 months in advance, I think the August date is for real.

Remember, this was rumored to be for Q2 2014, so I think (hope) the official August release date is already the pushed back, final date.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546153)
Posted by frogbat on January 29th, 2014 @ 10:12am CST
megatronus wrote:
frogbat wrote:after holding back on the masterpieces i caved in and got smokescreen, now i'll chase sideswipe. So i for one am glad wheeljack will be a while, gives me a breather to pick up some of the new generations figures
No need to chase! 2nd Production run of Sideswipe will be at the major retailers this March. Preorders are up at:
BBTS - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
TFsource - http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-12-sideswipe-2nd/

postage rates are very high for me so i always have to hunt around different retailers and ebay :(

think i'll go with kapow on this one
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546174)
Posted by warzon3 on January 29th, 2014 @ 12:01pm CST
mesh wrote:
warzon3 wrote:I'm starting to really hate those hands, nowhere in g1 does Jack have hands that look like that. these are more of a classics updated interpretation of his hand guards/shield

Suck it noob!
Now stop your complaining!

I'm not saying WJ doesn't have the hand guards, I'm saying the one on MP WJ look nothing like the g1 toon or toy.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546262)
Posted by TimothyR on January 29th, 2014 @ 4:52pm CST
Burn wrote:
AnnaChristine wrote:
Burn wrote:I've been holding this back for a while but I'm going to say it.

I've looked but ... I can't see a difference.

yeah.. i see two eyes on the toy.

warzon3 wrote:
mesh wrote:

Suck it noob!
Now stop your complaining!

do you like MP10?
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546281)
Posted by warzon3 on January 29th, 2014 @ 5:58pm CST
This has nothing to do with MP-10.

I'll need to be convinced that WJ's hands are that way because of the transformation. Otherwise it shouldn't have been that hard to match the toon and G1 toy model for the hands and those stupid wrist guards.

They should have just gotten rid of them to begin with in the MP design. He didn't always have them in the g1 animation, it depended on the scene and episode.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546287)
Posted by Stormrider on January 29th, 2014 @ 6:14pm CST
Finally missile launches again.

In the pic on the last page, the drawing shows the back of Wheeljack's legs as covered. I really hope that stays that way. One of my peeves of the MP cars is the hollow legs.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546299)
Posted by AnnaChristine on January 29th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CST

Toy head. No eyes :P Which I always preferred to the cartoon head ~flails arms~
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546380)
Posted by Cyberpath on January 30th, 2014 @ 4:53am CST
His eyes make him look more relatable; optics being the window to the laser core and all.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546381)
Posted by Burn on January 30th, 2014 @ 5:10am CST
AnnaChristine wrote:

Toy head. No eyes :P Which I always preferred to the cartoon head ~flails arms~

I really hadn't noticed until now.

Can't get on board with your crusade though, definitely like the eyes.
Re: A Closer Look at Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Shoulder Mounted Weapon (1546411)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 30th, 2014 @ 8:06am CST
Yeah, without the eyes, he looks mean.

Like someone who'd nonchalantly beat you into a pulp.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS DOTM DELUXE CLASS CRANKCASE 100% COMPLETE NICE - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 43 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Legends Beast Wars 20th Ann LGEX Rhinox Waspinator Rattrap Japan EX - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 45 minutes 14 seconds
Hasbro Transformers G1 Scorponok Helmet seat for Zarak accessory part - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 31 minutes 13 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS 2015 TOKYO TOY SHOW EXCLUSIVE ROTF LEADER NIGHTMARE MEGATRON - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 31 minutes 16 seconds
original G1 Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME CAB (figure only) - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 17 minutes 23 seconds
Hasbro Transformers G1 Scorponok Helmet seat Zarak radar dish accessory part lot - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 32 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers TAKARA MASTERPIECE STARSCREAM MP-03 MISB SEALED RARE - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 18 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 HEADSTRONG TETE FORTE BOX (empty) CANADA - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 49 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive