A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter

Transformers News: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter

Friday, June 14th, 2013 6:09PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 60,469

Many thanks to RE515TANT, who dropped by with some great images and a short video clip of the Rally Fighter vehicle from the "Transformes 4" filming in Texas. These images give us our best look to date at the vehicle, which has yet to revealed as a Transformer or human vehicle. Enjoy the embedded video and images below.

RE515TANT wrote:I spotted this truck in the Austin area carrying cars for the Transformers 4 movie that is currently filming. This is confirmation that a Rally Fighter will be part of the movie when it releases. Notice that the semi-cab has "Paramount Pictures" written on it.

Special thanks to MacDogg for driving while I filmed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.
Credit(s): RE515TANT
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495381)
Posted by Rated X on June 14th, 2013 @ 6:54pm CDT
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495385)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 14th, 2013 @ 6:58pm CDT
is that a tiburon?
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495390)
Posted by xyl360 on June 14th, 2013 @ 7:19pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Somebody's bound to like it but I think it's ugly as hell. It's a freakin sports car with monster truck wheels and a paint job that looks like black primer. Larry the Cable Guy would love it.

Hehe, yeah, that would be me :P.

I really dig this thing and I'm betting it's one of the Dreds in a new form due in part to the colors as well as the large Cadillac behind it with matching rims.

I like gunmetal as a color on badass cars (I'm also a big fan of the Batmobile :P).
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495393)
Posted by Eagleblaster on June 14th, 2013 @ 7:23pm CDT
Them rims/tires give the vehicle a Decepticon feeling. Maybe shall I say Knockout, just guessing.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495402)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 14th, 2013 @ 8:32pm CDT
Every time I see this I think Lockdown. I really hope it's him. The vehicle looks very similar to his.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495405)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 14th, 2013 @ 8:45pm CDT
As long as he doesn't die, it better be Ratchet. And Hound isn't there because he's already been killed off. :lol: ..... I seriously hope not. :-(
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495412)
Posted by sdn1337 on June 14th, 2013 @ 9:24pm CDT
The rally fighter is fitting for one of the dreds.

I hope the Decepticons have good color schemes this time around.

There was too much grey and black in the previous films.

Let's see some purple Decepticon insignia! :CON:
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495446)
Posted by spartanH85 on June 14th, 2013 @ 10:47pm CDT
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495469)
Posted by xyl360 on June 15th, 2013 @ 12:16am CDT
spartanH85 wrote:I'm by no means bashing those who actually have not saw the movies. I give them props for actually standing by their words. Its the ones who complain but still go see the movies and complain even more that bugs me. As for the Flat nose still being used in the UK I was completely unaware of that. That's awesome!

I'd actually argue the opposite. I don't think it's fair to judge the movies unless you've actually seen them and it's possible that those who do continue to go see them in theatres (me not being one of them ever since RotF, although I did rent DotM) or see them afterwards on video etc. are simply giving the sequels the benefit of the doubt to see if things have improved. DotM for example, while far from perfect, was far superior to RotF.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495479)
Posted by That Bot on June 15th, 2013 @ 12:37am CDT
xyl360 wrote:DotM for example, while far from perfect, was far superior to RotF.

That's not a high bar. Drying paint is better than ROTF. At least the drying paint won't shove wrecking ball testicles in your face.

I will concede that DOTM was decent, however.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495496)
Posted by spartanH85 on June 15th, 2013 @ 2:22am CDT
@ xyl360 I can see where you're coming from there. I've never thought about that way. Yeah DOTM was a tremendous improvement over ROTF and I do feel bad for the folks that lost faith during ROTF or even before. I can understand watching to see if things improved. I admit I do have one thing myself to complain about. Why the hell is Hound NOT Bulkhead??? Im happy to see a live action version of Hound but That vehicle mode SCREAMS Bulkhead! Ratchet (if indeed this pic does prove to be such) This is a big improvement from the H2 Mod.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495571)
Posted by zatara1701 on June 15th, 2013 @ 10:09am CDT

"Sports car with monster truck wheels," REALLY???

You would think such a "Die Hard" Transformer fan would be at least a LITTLE into cars and trucks to keep up with our favorite bots :HEADHURTS:

What you are looking at is a Porsche Cayenne...Which is Porsche's Crossover/SUV. SOOOOO what you are looking at is an SUV with Monster Truck tires NOT a sports car. :BANG_HEAD:

Personally it looks badass...a badass TRUCK with all-terrain tires. :michaelbay:
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495592)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 15th, 2013 @ 11:46am CDT
zatara1701 wrote:

"Sports car with monster truck wheels," REALLY???

Actually... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Cayenne

Not a Cayenne.

I didn't look in too much detail, but it looks to be a purpose-built off-road/rally vehicle. I don't see anything there that looks like it was taken from a Cayenne.

Also, monster truck tires are bigger. Those are just large offroad beadlock wheels, similar to what short course trucks use.

>:oP
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495617)
Posted by zatara1701 on June 15th, 2013 @ 3:11pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:
zatara1701 wrote:

"Sports car with monster truck wheels," REALLY???

Actually... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Cayenne

Not a Cayenne.

>:oP

Well it certainly looks like someone ripped of the iconic looks of a Porsche for this "Rally Fighter." Never heard of these things till I saw that website... I stand corrected :BOWDOWN:

Still looks like that company ripped off Porsche's design cues :HEADHURTS:

As far as WHO it is... I will go with a Con. Which Con?? I refuse to say anything of that sort after the whole Brawl vs. Devestator thing from part 1. :michaelbay:
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495618)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on June 15th, 2013 @ 3:14pm CDT
zatara1701 wrote:

"Sports car with monster truck wheels," REALLY???

It's not a Porsche nor is it based on any other production vehicle. It's a custom purpose built machine. It does how ever use various parts from other vehicles (engine a Chevy LS3 used in the camaro/corvette, cooling system from a dodge challenger, etc. ( nothing borrowed from Porsche however). Body panels are completely custom.

I'm really liking this. Looks awesome and I hope it's a bot and not a human.vehicle so we get a toy out of it.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495622)
Posted by zatara1701 on June 15th, 2013 @ 3:23pm CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:
zatara1701 wrote:

"Sports car with monster truck wheels," REALLY???

Look on the Brightside...some of the BEST movie toys were "human vehicles" that became bots for toys :grin: but were never bots in the movies...

My only regret is we NEVER got our Mt. Dew machine toy...Sure, I got a toaster, but come on!!! Of course the vacuum was the best looking out the the AppliaCons...yep, that's right, I coined a phrase!! :DANCE: Still pisses me off that Bee got yelled at for saving Sam's bitchy ass that was running away from them :HEADHURTS:

Anyways... my point, human or actual bot, we could still see a toy, AND I think the human vehicle toys came out BETTER because they were not limited by the movie or CGI models. Just saying...
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495652)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 15th, 2013 @ 6:37pm CDT
Rated X wrote:It's a freakin sports car with monster truck wheels and a paint job that looks like black primer.
So... in other words... it's a ghetto car? :P
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495665)
Posted by KnightStrike on June 15th, 2013 @ 7:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
So... in other words... it's a ghetto car? :P

I am kind of biased, being that I drive something covered in black primer, namely this:

That said I actually really dig the looks of that Rally Fighter and have to imagine it would be a load of fun to take one of those off-road :D
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1495860)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 16th, 2013 @ 2:26pm CDT
OMG! I'm so in love with that vehicle I can barely stand it. :x
I never knew how much i desperately need a rally fighter till now.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers 4 Rally Fighter (1496028)
Posted by vectorA3 on June 17th, 2013 @ 12:28pm CDT
Please let this be Bay's last time directing (TF)

Ending Soon On eBay

New Transformers UN11 TF United Auto Bot Grapple PAINTED - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 40 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers TAKARA MP-24 Masterpiece Star Saber Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 41 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Classic Deluxe Robots in Disguise MIRAGE RID SEALED NEW MOC MISP - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 58 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1983 RAVAGE cassette takara MC-60 - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 29 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE EXCLUSIVE 3 STEP CHANGER - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 46 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers  Deluxe GENERATIONS SKY SHADOW SEALED NEW MOC MISP complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 49 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers REISSUE G1 Deceptions Frenzy  and laserbeak Ravage (Gufo)  G1 - Time Remaining: 17 days 19 hours 37 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers  Deluxe GENERATIONS BLURR SEALED NEW MOC MISP complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 8 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016