A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Transformers News: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Monday, December 9th, 2013 7:03PM CST

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 41,692

Thanks to this Google upload we have a nice clear look at the bladed weapon that has been seen several times on the Transformers: Age of Extinction set. The weapon has been seen being carried by both Mark Wahlberg and Jack Reynor, and may also have a ranged weapon function. This image gives us our best look to date at the mysterious weapon and all it's intricate markings. Check it out below.

Credit(s): Google User Content
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534088)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 9th, 2013 @ 7:29pm CST
I want one.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534090)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on December 9th, 2013 @ 7:35pm CST
#Star Saber :michaelbay:
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534091)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 9th, 2013 @ 7:37pm CST
Strangely, it reminds me of the snake dagger that was used in the 1982 Conan movie:

Ranged weapon function and intricate markings?

I suspect this sword might be a link to some ancient alien conspiracy thing, like a Chinese equivalent of Excalibur. There's this old Chinese legend regarding a so-called Sword of Kings. There's a chance the AOE story might allude to it.

I mean, they hid a sun harvester in a pyramid, and stored space bridge pillars on the moon. These Cybertronians treat our planet like some storage unit, except they don't pay any rental fees.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534093)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 9th, 2013 @ 7:43pm CST
Ultra Magnus wrote:#Star Saber :michaelbay:

i was thinking that too :KREMZEEK:
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534095)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on December 9th, 2013 @ 7:45pm CST
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534098)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 9th, 2013 @ 8:19pm CST
Twitchythe3rd wrote:It reminds me more of Frostmourne. I suppose the question we should ask here is "does it hunger for Sparks?".

Second question we should ask is "Will it fall prey to the mass shifting effect that Bay swore up and down wouldn't be in the movies and yet pulled that trick with the Allspark?
Are we going to see this thing go all 'Super-sized' in some spectacular flash of light when it's dropped into Primes hands?
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534099)
Posted by njb902 on December 9th, 2013 @ 8:27pm CST
It reminds me of Ka D'Argo's gunblade from Farscape.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534102)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 9th, 2013 @ 8:40pm CST
lame
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534104)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on December 9th, 2013 @ 9:01pm CST
njb902 wrote:It reminds me of Ka D'Argo's gunblade from Farscape.

I want to have your nerdy, nerdy gaybies.

I loved that show so hard.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534124)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 9th, 2013 @ 9:52pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:
Ultra Magnus wrote:#Star Saber :michaelbay:

i was thinking that too :KREMZEEK:
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534125)
Posted by nemesis primus on December 9th, 2013 @ 9:56pm CST

I thought of this when I saw it, merely for the split in the blade.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534127)
Posted by Rated X on December 9th, 2013 @ 9:59pm CST

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534132)
Posted by Manterax Prime on December 9th, 2013 @ 10:34pm CST
Rated X wrote:Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

Dude, the guns were their main weapons in ALL 3 movies. They used melee weapons sparingly.
What are you going on about?
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534134)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 9th, 2013 @ 10:44pm CST
looks cool and all but im sick of artifacts, first it was the allspark then it was the matrix and harvester then the space bridge. This isnt including all the other TF continuities out there. All i want is autobots fighting decepticons in a war setting with a good plot line thats it. I want a war movie but with giant fucking robots instead of human soldiers.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534135)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 9th, 2013 @ 10:51pm CST
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be boring as hell.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534136)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 9th, 2013 @ 10:57pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:

Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534137)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 9th, 2013 @ 11:04pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

Fixed. ;)

That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534143)
Posted by Rated X on December 10th, 2013 @ 12:06am CST
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

Fixed. ;)

A whole movie of swordfights...meh. Watch Conan. Don't you see the anti-gun lobby and parents influence here ? If some nutcase runs up in a school with a machete and starts slashing everyone, there wont be anymore sword fights in transformers movies/cartoons. They'll be fighting like Pokémon.
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534145)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 10th, 2013 @ 12:10am CST
Rated X wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

Fixed. ;)

Alright, no weapons at all! Solid hand-to-hand close quarters combat all around! 8-}
Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon (1534184)
Posted by swagitron on December 10th, 2013 @ 6:36am CST