A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn

Transformers News: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn

Thursday, August 9th, 2012 6:00PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 44,623

Our fellow Transformers fans on TFW2005 have posted a clearer image of Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn, a reuse of Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead with a newly sculpted head. The image comes from the cross sell on Transformers Generations Voyager Hot Spot's packaging and gives us a much better look at the figure's new head.

Last month during SDCC 2012 we learned that most of the Asian Exclusive Transformers Generations figures would be making their way Stateside later this years as Toys"R"Us exclusives, however this figure was noticeably absent from the displays and official images. For the moment Brawn seems to be in limbo in terms of a domestic release.

A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn
Credit(s): TFW2005's Sol Fury
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408680)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 9th, 2012 @ 6:03pm CDT
inb4 shitstorm
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408681)
Posted by dedcat on August 9th, 2012 @ 6:09pm CDT
no... more... pie... (burp)
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408695)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 9th, 2012 @ 6:49pm CDT
The head really screams "Brawn". But that body is comically oversized.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408697)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 9th, 2012 @ 7:05pm CDT
thats pretty bad, the head sculpt is good but that body is just way to big. Reminds me of pinhead from puppet master, please some one kitbash this to look like that.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408701)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 9th, 2012 @ 7:25pm CDT
Seriously, who approved this?
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408706)
Posted by UltraMason on August 9th, 2012 @ 7:44pm CDT
are they serious or is this some sort of fake thread?

Assuming this is real. Wow. This is why I lost interest in Hasbro. Well not this. But ugly shit crap jokes like this. What happened to Transformers man? I swear it's like Hasbro said " eff it guys, this junk is for kids so let's just pump out a bunch of garbage, and sell real toys to adults under 3rd party flags"

I mean. Look at this piece of shit. Then look at a pic of Hench. I'm done. No Im not. Still ranting. This is the kind of ugly crap that makes me suprememly happy to have grown up in the Gobots, G1, Robotech era.

Transformers is (the toys lately) a joke. I'm sure there will be a white knight to shoot down my opinion and scold me for having an opinion. Enjoy your 'brawn'... I'm gonna go buy a Jeeper Creeper or some shit, I need a dose of robot action figure after looking at this shit.

end rant.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408709)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on August 9th, 2012 @ 7:52pm CDT
Ok, I'm going to be the odd guy out here.

Now THAT'S a Brawn!

Sure, he's all big and Bulkheady and whatnot, but come on, does the original normally proportioned mini-bot Brawn really scream STRENGTH like this body form does? I think not!

The only issue I really see here is the coloring. Yellow and silver are really needed to drive home the G1 Brawn feel and thus compliment the G1-esque head mold. With colors not much different from the original mold's, it actually draws attention to the fact that this is simply a new head slapped on Prime Bulkhead's body.

Why don't they like to fully think these things through at Hasbro?
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408712)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on August 9th, 2012 @ 8:00pm CDT
His head is too damn small
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408715)
Posted by metaphorge on August 9th, 2012 @ 8:05pm CDT
I'm beginning to think this mold could have promise as Unicron with a new head and a repaint, or maybe as a Sharkticon with a repaint..

That said, I might pick be up if it makes it stateside, as I adore the FE Bulkhead mold. Probably not be arsed to pay import prices if not.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408718)
Posted by njb902 on August 9th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CDT
so um no. brawn's head on bulkhead's body just doesn't work.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408721)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 9th, 2012 @ 8:25pm CDT
Laughable indeed.
That mold is soooo out of context to Brawn in every form and fashion.
Piss poor Classics release if you ask me. Lazy.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408726)
Posted by ShadowBlaze on August 9th, 2012 @ 8:37pm CDT
I usually snap up any Neo-G1 stuff that Hasbro releases, but I can't pull the trigger on this one. As far as I'm concerned, movie scout Firetrap fills the Brawn role perfectly.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408727)
Posted by Anonymous on August 9th, 2012 @ 8:39pm CDT
dedcat wrote:no... more... pie... (burp)
I lol'd heartily from that.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:The head really screams "Brawn". But that body is comically oversized.
There's gotta be a novelty to that. An episode where Brawn grows oversized and he one-mans the entire 'con army? That time when the attributes of every character get reversed? SG Brawn, where he's really HUEG, but a total pussy? A robo-genie comes to him and Wheelie and grants them a bigger size? :lol:

So many strange things can come from this figure. It's just so absurd.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408728)
Posted by griftimus prime on August 9th, 2012 @ 8:43pm CDT
horrible
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408729)
Posted by FracturedKoi on August 9th, 2012 @ 8:45pm CDT
I'm somehow reminded of the G1 Unicron toy by this. He's just been eating way too many Moon Pie's!
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408733)
Posted by metaphorge on August 9th, 2012 @ 9:05pm CDT
This does little to undermine my belief that the entire GDO subline is being produced to buttress Hasbro's intellectual property in Asia and relating to what it considers "counterfeits". Almost every character that is appearing in it has, or will have, a third-party doppelgänger.

I can hardly wait to see what sort of outlandish repaint they try to pass off as Assaulter, erm, I mean Broadside.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408740)
Posted by Micronautsdeep on August 9th, 2012 @ 9:46pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:he has a cool head thats just about it. the TF:prime molds definitely do not work for classics molds.

Great head, but this mold is a one-time use.
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408743)
Posted by Rated X on August 9th, 2012 @ 10:04pm CDT
UltraMason wrote:are they serious or is this some sort of fake thread?

end rant.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Thank you for speaking the truth my brother.

Now everyone who has "Hench" on pre-order can I get a HELL YEAH ???
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408744)
Posted by Hotrodimust on August 9th, 2012 @ 10:08pm CDT
I'm gonna buy him and take the head and find it a better body
Re: A Closer Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Brawn (1408769)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 10th, 2012 @ 1:57am CDT
Oh lol, the fanrage... anyway, this one's a pass for me. The size of him or his body in relation to his head isn't even that bad, I just feel the Prime aesthetic really doesn't work in a Neo G1 application.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers 1985 G1 Shockwave Barrel Accessory Part - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 14 minutes 19 seconds
Maketoys CUPOLA RM-01 Transformers MASTERPIECE Chromedome HEADMASTERS Make Toys - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 45 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime Figure Robots in Disguise w Lights - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 17 minutes 32 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Toy Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave Laserwave Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 26 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers G1 Lot Vintage Astrotrain and Redalert 100% Complete 1980 Toys - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 59 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G1 Lot Grapple Vintage Comes with Acc. 80s Toys! - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 44 minutes
Transformers G1 Lot Red Armour for the Vintage Jetfire Action figure 1980s Toys! - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 43 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers G1 Lot Perceptor Vintage Near Complete with Acc. 80s Toys! - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 29 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016