Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure

Transformers News: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure

Saturday, August 7th, 2010 12:34PM CDT

Categories: 3rd Party News, Collectables, Knock Offs, Toy News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 65,172

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We received information from iGear about a new 3rd Party Custom Arcee figure. This is not the Impossible Toys version. It is unknown at this time who is making this figure. This figure contains die-cast parts and is packaged in a G1 Style box. Click here to view the preorder and all of the images.
Dear iGear customers,

MGT-01 Arcee available for preorder now. Contain diecast parts.
http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=80

Thanks!
____________________________________________________________________

iGear Team.
http://www.igeartoys.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/IGear-Toys/100000959844909
Thank you for choosing iGear.




Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Credit(s): unknowntrans4mingbot, iGear
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110153)
Posted by Naked Magnus on August 7th, 2010 @ 12:42pm CDT
Now I am especially glad I did not get the Impossible Toys version!
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110158)
Posted by First-Aid on August 7th, 2010 @ 1:10pm CDT
Wow...I like the look of the head and face much better than the Impossible Toys version.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110161)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on August 7th, 2010 @ 1:20pm CDT
That looks 5000x better than the Impossible Toys version, like a true Classics Arcee.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110165)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on August 7th, 2010 @ 1:35pm CDT
Agreed. *Crosses fingers* A comparison shot with Classics prime would've been cool.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110166)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 7th, 2010 @ 1:36pm CDT
I like this better than the Valkyrie too. It's a cool hundy for her though. Kinda harsh for a deluxe-ish sized figure. I'll probably get one anyway. Just callin' it like I see it. Also, take note. I'm pretty sure that's Faith Leader not MP Prime.
:BOT:
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110167)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 7th, 2010 @ 1:42pm CDT
Double post.
:BOT:
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110172)
Posted by Son of Primus on August 7th, 2010 @ 1:59pm CDT
Looks pretty awesome, but not having dealt with iGear before, are they a pretty reliable site or should I hope BBTS gets a hold of this?
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110176)
Posted by SlyTF1 on August 7th, 2010 @ 2:06pm CDT
this one I shall be getting! Its like a Human alliance Arcee! It has the chairs and steering wheel! And I bet one of the human HA figs could fit in there!

(Looks at price) Never mind. Not for $100. I mean if I was old enough to have a job and had a job, I'd get it but...Im not.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110183)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 7th, 2010 @ 2:24pm CDT
Oooh. That looks great.

*watches video*

MUST. OWN.

*looks at price*

Nevermind.

As nice looking as it is, we've no idea what the quality is really like, and I just can't pay $100.00 for a Deluxe Class figure. (Well, between Scout and Deluxe, still too small for too much.)

I mean, it's hard enough to swallow the prices for Warbot Defender (though he's Voyager sized) and Valkyrie (who's about the same size as this Arcee), but they're still within the realm of extreme without crossing a line. They come close though.

This? Way too expensive. Just can't bring myself to do it.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110186)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 7th, 2010 @ 2:30pm CDT
Damn, iGear likes to make it's own version of other people's sets, don't they?

Still, it looks much nicer than Valkerie (which I bought). I just might buy this one as well, though. However, it'll definately be on the back burner.

Edit: Okay, not made by iGear. Wrong on that point.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110191)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 7th, 2010 @ 2:56pm CDT
Wow, have to make a decision between arcees now. Not sure which one I want. Do I go the cheaper route with valkyrie and its QC issues. Or do I go with this slightly more expensive one with die cast and possible QC issues. I don't know what to do.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110195)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 7th, 2010 @ 3:01pm CDT
With respect to this release and Valkerie, this seems to have things IT's doesn't. The Transformation seems to be more complex, the robot proportions better, and the legs seem to be able to bend at the hips better (so it can sit).

If I didn't have IT's Arcee I'd probably get this one. Although the price is stupidly high. It's as much as iGear's small scale MP Prime! And it's far smaller.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110200)
Posted by Prime Evil on August 7th, 2010 @ 3:09pm CDT
Hmmm, makes me feel ok about not picking up the Impossible toys version. Looks like I have found my classics Arcee. :grin:
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110201)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 7th, 2010 @ 3:16pm CDT
I wish I would've known about this sooner. I probably would've waited for this one.

I may get this version too but this time, I'm waiting to hear the critique first. :-?

Personally, I just wish Hasbro would get around to putting one out.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110206)
Posted by Ramscreamer on August 7th, 2010 @ 3:40pm CDT
Coooooooooooool! I might have one!
*looks at price*
GAH!!!!
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110215)
Posted by --B-- on August 7th, 2010 @ 4:25pm CDT
I swear, someone at Hasbro is laughing about this.

It looks great, just not 100+ after shipping great. I wonder if the back of the box means they are going to make the other fems too?

Oh well, just another awesome TF that I will never own :sad:
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110225)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on August 7th, 2010 @ 5:07pm CDT
more proof that this is Arcee's year to shine, sadly i dont have $100 to spend on this one. i dont mind so much though, i have a G1(Valkerie) and a classics(custom painted Animated Arcee) so im quite satisfied with what i have for this character, now i just need to get a good spinger (warbot if i can ever afford him), blurr (waiting on hasbro), Scourge and the sweeps (also waiting on hasbro) and kup and ill be set for my season 3 G1 stars


on another note, i just want to say Valkerie has much better looking boxart :P
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110238)
Posted by originaldave77 on August 7th, 2010 @ 5:46pm CDT
Great figure - nice robot and alt mode. Nice packaging too.

BUT THAT STAND!


Did they really have to make it look like, um, an adult toy used for back-door insertion? Did it also have to look like it plugs into the figure in the same fashion????????

#-o

Failblog bound?
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110242)
Posted by Chupacabra Convoy on August 7th, 2010 @ 6:00pm CDT
Well does seem superior to the Impossible toys one, but the price is ridiculous. You can get a Device label Blaster, a working USB hub, for 20-30 dollars less. Even with the Diecast parts, it is still to high of a price for it, especially when you consider the sheer plethora of Arcee figures out there. Warbot justified it price because those Diecast parts were actually needed for stability reasons in both the robot and helicopter modes.

Is the torso made out of diecast or the legs? Also, where's this video everyone is talking about?
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110246)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 7th, 2010 @ 6:08pm CDT
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:Well does seem superior to the Impossible toys one, but the price is ridiculous. You can get a Device label Blaster, a working USB hub, for 20-30 dollars less. Even with the Diecast parts, it is still to high of a price for it, especially when you consider the sheer plethora of Arcee figures out there. Warbot justified it price because those Diecast parts were actually needed for stability reasons in both the robot and helicopter modes.

Is the torso made out of diecast or the legs? Also, where's this video everyone is talking about?


the video is on the igear preorder page here http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=80
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110248)
Posted by morphobots on August 7th, 2010 @ 6:10pm CDT
Price does seem a bit high for the size, but keep in mind: price points are determined by the number of parts used in construction, not just molding and material. The more parts, the higher the price. This is why Takara designers said they couldn't make Bayformers as movie accurate as they would have liked to. The prices would have been outrageous for mass market figures. True, we could be getting raked over the coals here, but this one looks like the best of the many Arcee attempts so far, and I've already been suckered out of $300 for a Rabid Squirrel version that never came so what's another C-note? Feel free to slap me now.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110276)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 7th, 2010 @ 7:42pm CDT
Sure this isn't an I-gear product....right. Ironic that they have a fan survey on their home page for what figures we'd like to see next that happens to include Arcee and POOF, we get an Arcee on their store page.

I'm still waiting for a Hasbro figure. At this price, I'm willing to hold off for an official figure. Ah, someday...
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110279)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 7th, 2010 @ 7:51pm CDT
Oh yeah, I overlooked the obvious... iGear is involved with this in some capacity. I hear their quality is less than reliable. Their Ark playset needed to be glued together to even stand up straight, their accessories didn't have the best QC either, and people's overall impression of their stuff is that it fills a void, but not great to really be worth some of the prices they ask for.

So, considering all of that, plus the price? Yeah, I'd be gunshy about buying from them.

I'll stick with IP's version and fix it up if needed.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110282)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 7th, 2010 @ 7:57pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:I like this better than the Valkyrie too. It's a cool hundy for her though. Kinda harsh for a deluxe-ish sized figure. I'll probably get one anyway. Just callin' it like I see it. Also, take note. I'm pretty sure that's Faith Leader not MP Prime.
:BOT:


Are you sure that is Faith Leader? Faith Leader doesn't have the autobot symbol on his shoulder like that. I think it is MP Prime. I think this figure is bigger than people are realizing, maybe even voyager size or Faith Leader size. Then again I could be wrong.

Image
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110284)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 7th, 2010 @ 8:08pm CDT
UnknownTrans4mingBot wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:I like this better than the Valkyrie too. It's a cool hundy for her though. Kinda harsh for a deluxe-ish sized figure. I'll probably get one anyway. Just callin' it like I see it. Also, take note. I'm pretty sure that's Faith Leader not MP Prime.
:BOT:


Are you sure that is Faith Leader? Faith Leader doesn't have the autobot symbol on his shoulder like that. I think it is MP Prime. I think this figure is bigger than people are realizing, maybe even voyager size or Faith Leader size. Then again I could be wrong.

Image


That's the Faith Leader in the pictures. The head's a dead giveaway. And some of their Faith Leaders (silver and gold) come with the symbols. You can see them in galleries on various sites.

So yeah, she's pretty small.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110287)
Posted by Burn on August 7th, 2010 @ 8:15pm CDT
I'm so glad this is a character I don't give a toss about. All the various 3rd parties trying to produce the ultimate Arcee ... and I don't have to worry about which one to get. Yay!!!!
(This is still probably the best one i've seen though)
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110296)
Posted by Anonymous on August 7th, 2010 @ 10:03pm CDT
I took a quick look at this compared to the Impossible Toys Valkyrie set, and I noticed that this one is much blockier. This got me thinking that this version would probably work well with the original toys. Now those that collect the original toys and the reissues, can have their own Arcee to add to the mix.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110297)
Posted by Anonymous on August 7th, 2010 @ 10:05pm CDT
sorry, computer wouldn't load.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110298)
Posted by Anonymous on August 7th, 2010 @ 10:07pm CDT
what he said.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110305)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 7th, 2010 @ 10:22pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
UnknownTrans4mingBot wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:I like this better than the Valkyrie too. It's a cool hundy for her though. Kinda harsh for a deluxe-ish sized figure. I'll probably get one anyway. Just callin' it like I see it. Also, take note. I'm pretty sure that's Faith Leader not MP Prime.
:BOT:


Are you sure that is Faith Leader? Faith Leader doesn't have the autobot symbol on his shoulder like that. I think it is MP Prime. I think this figure is bigger than people are realizing, maybe even voyager size or Faith Leader size. Then again I could be wrong.

Image


That's the Faith Leader in the pictures. The head's a dead giveaway. And some of their Faith Leaders (silver and gold) come with the symbols. You can see them in galleries on various sites.

So yeah, she's pretty small.

You can make or fake the faction symbol. That head IS the giveaway here. I'm certain that Arcee is deluxe sized.
:BOT:
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110307)
Posted by Oilspill on August 7th, 2010 @ 10:26pm CDT
Seriously? Get an original idea, iGear.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110309)
Posted by Mechastrike on August 7th, 2010 @ 10:46pm CDT
FINALLY! just don't forget the rest of the femme bots.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110311)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on August 7th, 2010 @ 10:53pm CDT
Wait, she has die-cast knee joints?

Isn't that going to cause a lot of friction damage on the leg pieces that attach to it over the course of ten years?
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110315)
Posted by bvzxa on August 7th, 2010 @ 11:12pm CDT
Well Warbot is still cheaper than this, but this is a step in the right direction to what Arcee is supposed to be as a toy. I still feel the $100 is too high. Warbot was $86 if you count shipping, but it's so much more than a deluxe in terms of quality and construction. I would have loved to see Fans Project do Arcee. I think they would have charge $60 if they did one.

Still this one looks awesome that I might bite the bullet.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110317)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 7th, 2010 @ 11:23pm CDT
I almost got pissed that they didn't announce this earlier, but then I saw the price and the style of the figure. Not really my thing. It kinda looks like it could work with Classics though, but that rumored Hasbro toy has me really reluctant.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110319)
Posted by bvzxa on August 7th, 2010 @ 11:28pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I almost got pissed that they didn't announce this earlier, but then I saw the price and the style of the figure. Not really my thing. It kinda looks like it could work with Classics though, but that rumored Hasbro toy has me really reluctant.


Hasbro might do an Arcee for Generations? Would it be WFC or G1 styled?

It would seem logical since the WFC/Cybertronian designs seem very similar to the discontinued 6" Titanium line.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110320)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 7th, 2010 @ 11:44pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:I almost got pissed that they didn't announce this earlier, but then I saw the price and the style of the figure. Not really my thing. It kinda looks like it could work with Classics though, but that rumored Hasbro toy has me really reluctant.


Hasbro might do an Arcee for Generations? Would it be WFC or G1 styled?

It would seem logical since the WFC/Cybertronian designs seem very similar to the discontinued 6" Titanium line.


I don't think anyone knows yet, and it's still just a rumor, so it may or may not happen.

On topic, this figure looks a lot better built than the IT one, but I'm still not sold on the style. Valkyrie was too skinny, this one's a bit too chunky, especially in the arms. I really like the waist & ankle design though.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110333)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 8th, 2010 @ 3:30am CDT
I gotta go with Burn on this one. This is not my thing at all, and it is a character I don't care about. I get to save a boat-load of money.....like going with Geico.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110338)
Posted by Elita One on August 8th, 2010 @ 3:41am CDT
Mechastrike wrote:FINALLY! just don't forget the rest of the femme bots.

Yeah ditto! I'd buy the lot of em.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110345)
Posted by noctorro on August 8th, 2010 @ 3:57am CDT
Man that Arcee looks great, like an original product. I love the proportions and that the face is a bit smaller and helmet bigger like in the 86 movie.
But the price, even if I bought it I wouldn't dare to touch it, same reason I didn't buy the 2 botcon seekers Classics Thundercracker & Skywarp. Glad that Takara released them as well.

I do hope they somehow drop the price, I might get it then. Even if Hasbro makes an arcee, I don't think it will be pure g1 like this one.

Okay, silly question, why don't big companies buy the rights to certain molds from third companies? They could recolour/mold heads to get a lot of fembots out there :)
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110354)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 8th, 2010 @ 5:07am CDT
True, this is better than Impossible Toys Arcee, but REALLY? Enough with Arcee already, make something else, like Devcon! That would be freaking sweet to see him have a figure! And if there's any 3rd party stuff I want to see right now, it's the Classics Rodimus uprgrade set!
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110362)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 8th, 2010 @ 5:38am CDT
The lipstick, the high heels........now that's the Arcee renders I remember from Studio Ox. I hope the price can be readjusted in the future.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110380)
Posted by 1987olds442 on August 8th, 2010 @ 7:16am CDT
I really like this Arcee it's a great looking figure, and makes for a nice Classics Arcee, but the price is too high for the size of the figure. I don't mind paying $100+ for 3rd party stuff I bought Faith and Nemesis Leaders from iGear, FP Warbot (Actually a nicer figure and less than $100), FP City Commander, FP DIA Commander, etc., but I don't think I could justify paying $100 for this figure. If this was half the price I would purchase this in a heartbeat, but at the current price it will be a pass.

Oh and that is Faith Leader in those pictures only the ones sold in China and a few other countries came with stick on Autobot symbols.

Oh iGear post a new picture on their facebook with a size comparison with WFC Prime.

Image
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110382)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on August 8th, 2010 @ 7:29am CDT
1987olds442 wrote:I really like this Arcee it's a great looking figure, and makes for a nice Classics Arcee, but the price is too high for the size of the figure. I don't mind paying $100+ for 3rd party stuff I bought Faith and Nemesis Leaders from iGear, FP Warbot (Actually a nicer figure and less than $100), FP City Commander, FP DIA Commander, etc., but I don't think I could justify paying $100 for this figure. If this was half the price I would purchase this in a heartbeat, but at the current price it will be a pass.

Oh and that is Faith Leader in those pictures only the ones sold in China and a few other countries came with stick on Autobot symbols.

Oh iGear post a new picture on their facebook with a size comparison with WFC Prime.

Image

id like to see a side by side between this arcee and the IT one
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110401)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on August 8th, 2010 @ 8:56am CDT
noctorro wrote:Okay, silly question, why don't big companies buy the rights to certain molds from third companies? They could recolour/mold heads to get a lot of fembots out there :)


I can think of a few reasons.

1. Technically some of these companies are commiting copyright infringement. Hasbro/TakaraTomy own the likenesses of almost every one of their characters, including Arcee, Optimus Prime etc. So by buying these molds they would not only be semi-legitimising and encouraging copyright infringement, but they would also be PAYING MONEY for something which, legally, they could just sue for and get for free.

2. These molds are not put under the same scrutiny with regards to safety as the Has/TakTom molds. Some of these molds would NEVER make it through drop tests and Warbots sword would have to be made from a completely different plastic, and probably blunted to boot. And you can't just pour a different plastic in the mold, it'd need to be a completely new mold. This is because different plastics become different sizes after they set.
(Interestingly this is also why you have to create new molds to make an all-plastic version of a previously die-cast or part die-cast toy.)

3. The physical molds themselves are perhaps completely different from the standard molds that Has/TakTom use. Different style, different machines they get used in etc etc.

:)
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110444)
Posted by Blurrz on August 8th, 2010 @ 11:46am CDT
Finally, my friend from Asia gets to sell his idea..


Image
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110513)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on August 8th, 2010 @ 4:13pm CDT
Whoops, didn't check the price. A hundred... you know what? Aside from the chest not locking, I rather like my Valkyrie! Yeah... nothing much else. Fills my Classics Arcee niche just fine.

...

Da-yum...
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110519)
Posted by vectorA3 on August 8th, 2010 @ 4:44pm CDT
I keep thinkin the Prime in the first pictures is the mini MP Prime. What do u guys think??

This Arcee's alright. But $100, i'd rather have a MP figure (e.g. Rodimus). Time to get crackin Hasbro -indie toymakers are beatin you 2-1 !!! (If u count animated Arcee)
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110527)
Posted by Vicalliose on August 8th, 2010 @ 5:37pm CDT
There are a couple of things about this figure that may be the root of it's massive price, such as rubber wheels, translucent plastic, and diecast parts. Two of which are not found on FP toys.

Still, it's kinda small compared Warbot Defender. And I think that translucent plastic stand that comes with it is a completely unnecessary addition that just raises the price higher than what most people are willing to spend.
While on the subject of the stand... Am I the only one who thinks it looks, odd?

Oh, and the diecast knees and rubber wheels are bound to wear down over time.
Re: A New 3rd Party Custom G1 Arcee Figure (1110538)
Posted by Rated X on August 8th, 2010 @ 6:02pm CDT
Looks good I want one !!! And if Im not lucky enough to get this one, maybe this figures existance will increase the other version's availability and decrease its price. Hopefully I can pick up one or the other next year at Botcon. I just havent been able to get my hands wet in mail ordering stuff yet.

Click here to view an additional 56 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014