Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3

Transformers News: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 5:34PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 46,276

Joining the list of artists showing to the adoring public a glimpse of what their mind's first idea of a character or place was, Aaron Archer, concept designer for Hasbro's Transformers brand recently shared sketch for a version of Megatron that may or may not have been a bomber. Check it out below, and see what you make of it!

A unrealized Megatron design from around 2002, 03. I think I wanted him to be a bomber/spaceship.

Transformers News: Aaron Archer Shares Designs and Concept Art
Credit(s): Aaron Archer
Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1597465)
Posted by Va'al on August 7th, 2014 @ 5:36pm CDT
And Josh Burcham's reaction to it:

Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1597508)
Posted by mirageandjazz1197 on August 7th, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
Transformers meets Evangelion is all i can come up with.

But seriously what the hell is that supposed to be?

Looks like it would be more of a problem then help in battle.
Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1597526)
Posted by TulioDude on August 7th, 2014 @ 9:50pm CDT
Its looks like Megatron has been rebuilding himself from parts of Fallen 'cons.I like it.I could see as a temporary,battle damaged form.
Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1597547)
Posted by triKlops on August 7th, 2014 @ 10:39pm CDT
Huh, thats an interesting thick to thin combo on the extensions, aerodynamic but clunky as well; Josh's interpretation is pretty on point though.
Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1597553)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 7th, 2014 @ 11:17pm CDT
All I can think of when I see this are Megatron's Battlestars upgrades: Super-, Ultra-, Star Giant.

Partly because those were also too...interesting to become toys. Maybe someday.
Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1597582)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 8th, 2014 @ 2:41am CDT
Well, the individual parts are kinda cool, just not all as part of the same bot. This is one of those rare concept sketches where I'm glad it was never realized, cos the way that is now is just awful. Especially those arms.
Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1597759)
Posted by xyl360 on August 8th, 2014 @ 2:07pm CDT
I like it. It has a Beast Wars feel to it with the kibble and the arms being formed out of oversized kibble like that.
Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1598791)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 12th, 2014 @ 3:38pm CDT
I like it. Reminds me of this a little...

Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1599002)
Posted by rpetras on August 13th, 2014 @ 11:48am CDT
Va'al wrote:And Josh Burcham's reaction to it:

DOORWAYS!
My eternal nemesis!!!
Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1600249)
Posted by JetOptimus23 on August 18th, 2014 @ 3:47pm CDT
It kinda looks like a proto-'Prime' era megs...with gigantic forearms. I do like all those angular edges, though the massive hands really throws it off. Perhaps if they had been smaller the design would've worked better.
Re: Aaron Archer Unrealised Megatron Design from 2002-3 (1600384)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 19th, 2014 @ 8:27am CDT
Looks like what would happen if Megatron were to have been absorbed by Naraku.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip