Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Transformers News: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 2:11PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,456

Here's something you don't see everyday, a napkin outlining the origin of a Transformers series. More specifically, this is Aaron Archer's "Napkin of Revelation" for Transformers: Cybertron. This rare gem comes to us from Disciples of Boltax, who have shared the images mirrored below. As you can see the drawings include many initial concepts that didn't make their way into the series, but a few that did, such as the four planets.

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"
Credit(s): Disciples of Boltax
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485554)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CDT
This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485559)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?

Monzo had this to say about it:

[quote]The Napkin of Revelation

Aaron Archer’s original outline for the series that would become Transformers: Cybertron, drawn on a napkin (origin uncertain), shown to fans at Hasbro’s booth during the final hours of BotCon 2005. With Aaron’s recent departure from Hasbro, I have decided to reveal these personal photos to the general public for the first time, though one side of the napkin previously showed up in the Transformers Vault guidebook.

You did a lot of good during your time on the brand, Aaron, and you will be missed. I am sorry that our first run-in, at BotCon 2002, consisted of me inadvertently keeping you from the restroom before the start of a panel to ask what the deal with Movor’s name was. Um, my bad.[/quote]
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485563)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485569)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.

Then I don't know. [-(
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485574)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
No worries. I'll just ask Monzo myself. :-B
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485619)
Posted by First-Aid on May 8th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
Wasn't this an episode of "Futurama"?

Ending Soon On eBay

#^t Transformers Energon Universe Cybertron Lot of 10 Figures swerve excellion - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 3 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Seeker Squadron Platinum Edition G1 Reissue Ramjet Thrust Dirge - Time Remaining: 6 days 33 minutes 27 seconds
1980s Hasbro G1 Transformers Headmasters Mindwipe Complete with Accessories - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 48 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - BUMBLEBEE - Deluxe Class Figure Series 2 #001 - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 36 minutes 28 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Prime Autobot Bulkhead First Edition Action Figure - Time Remaining: 28 days 16 hours 36 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Galaxy Force Cybertron GC-21 First Gunner Defense Red Alert Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 36 minutes 29 seconds
UNIVERSAL TRANSFORMERS KIDS BUMBLEBEE SWEATSHIRT AND UNI-MINI NWT - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 6 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Cybertron Jetfire 2004 - Time Remaining: 13 days 9 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory