Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Transformers News: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 2:11PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,359

Here's something you don't see everyday, a napkin outlining the origin of a Transformers series. More specifically, this is Aaron Archer's "Napkin of Revelation" for Transformers: Cybertron. This rare gem comes to us from Disciples of Boltax, who have shared the images mirrored below. As you can see the drawings include many initial concepts that didn't make their way into the series, but a few that did, such as the four planets.

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"
Credit(s): Disciples of Boltax

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485554)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CDT
This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485559)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?

Monzo had this to say about it:

[quote]The Napkin of Revelation

Aaron Archer’s original outline for the series that would become Transformers: Cybertron, drawn on a napkin (origin uncertain), shown to fans at Hasbro’s booth during the final hours of BotCon 2005. With Aaron’s recent departure from Hasbro, I have decided to reveal these personal photos to the general public for the first time, though one side of the napkin previously showed up in the Transformers Vault guidebook.

You did a lot of good during your time on the brand, Aaron, and you will be missed. I am sorry that our first run-in, at BotCon 2002, consisted of me inadvertently keeping you from the restroom before the start of a panel to ask what the deal with Movor’s name was. Um, my bad.[/quote]
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485563)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485569)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.

Then I don't know. [-(
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485574)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
No worries. I'll just ask Monzo myself. :-B
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485619)
Posted by First-Aid on May 8th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
Wasn't this an episode of "Futurama"?

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage Transformers Armada Blurr MOSC - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 49 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Victory Japan OVERSIZED remake landcross Waver MOSC vintage rare - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 50 minutes 30 seconds
transformers RID WARRIOR CLASS JAZZ AUTOBOT 6 INCH ACTION FIGURE NEW ON CARD - Time Remaining: 17 days 38 minutes 44 seconds
C10 NEW COLLECTOR GRADE TAKARA Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 IRONHIDE G1 - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 57 minutes 49 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers ENCORE 05 IRONHIDE+06 RATCHET G1 action figure #optimus - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 44 minutes 12 seconds
LOT 16 Various Vintage G1 G2 Transformers Hasbro Takara Dinobots Grimlock Beast - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 15 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Gen 1 G1 Jetfire Matsushiro Macross Robotech Hasbro Takara - Time Remaining: 6 days 14 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Voyager Class BLUDGEON Complete With Manual - Time Remaining: 26 days 23 hours 34 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive