Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Transformers News: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 2:11PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,501

Here's something you don't see everyday, a napkin outlining the origin of a Transformers series. More specifically, this is Aaron Archer's "Napkin of Revelation" for Transformers: Cybertron. This rare gem comes to us from Disciples of Boltax, who have shared the images mirrored below. As you can see the drawings include many initial concepts that didn't make their way into the series, but a few that did, such as the four planets.

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"

Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation"
Credit(s): Disciples of Boltax
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485554)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CDT
This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485559)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think of why.

I didn't go to BotCon '05, and I haven't finished reading the Vault book.

Was it also in any of the TCC newsletter/magazine issues? :-?

Monzo had this to say about it:

[quote]The Napkin of Revelation

Aaron Archer’s original outline for the series that would become Transformers: Cybertron, drawn on a napkin (origin uncertain), shown to fans at Hasbro’s booth during the final hours of BotCon 2005. With Aaron’s recent departure from Hasbro, I have decided to reveal these personal photos to the general public for the first time, though one side of the napkin previously showed up in the Transformers Vault guidebook.

You did a lot of good during your time on the brand, Aaron, and you will be missed. I am sorry that our first run-in, at BotCon 2002, consisted of me inadvertently keeping you from the restroom before the start of a panel to ask what the deal with Movor’s name was. Um, my bad.[/quote]
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485563)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485569)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I read that, hence my mentionings of BotCon '05 and the Vault.

Then I don't know. [-(
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485574)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
No worries. I'll just ask Monzo myself. :-B
Re: Aaron Archer's Transformers: Cybertron "Napkin of Revelation" (1485619)
Posted by First-Aid on May 8th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
Wasn't this an episode of "Futurama"?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers HFTD IRONHIDE Movie Deluxe Hunt For the Decepticons - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 28 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Leader Class Optimus Prime ROTF 2009 - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 59 minutes 23 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Movie: AOE Voyager Class Dinobot  Slog Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 44 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex MISB - NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 45 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DOTM DARK OF THE MOON VOYAGER CLASS SENTINEL PRIME DOTM MOVIE - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 27 seconds
Transformers Generation 2 Starscream MOSC Hasbro G2 MISP 1992 EXTREMELY RARE - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 31 minutes 1 second
GUYHAWK LOOSE From DESTRONS LIOKAISER Set Transformers Combiner Wars Generation - Time Remaining: 15 days 7 hours 46 minutes 13 seconds
PAYLOAD Voyager Class Complete Transformers Constructicon  HFTD Movie - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 1 minute 24 seconds
Website Security Test