Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art

Transformers News: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art

Sunday, July 3rd, 2011 1:49PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 68,008

Like Josh Nizzi, Warren Manser, and Joel Chang, concept artist Aaron Sims has shared his concept work from Transformers DOTM. Mirrored below are a few of his pieces, to view the rest visit his website or Concept Art World.

Credit(s): Aaron Sims
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1251875)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on July 3rd, 2011 @ 2:02pm CDT
Lovely!~ <3

I would've really liked for this

to have been Que. :x

EDIT: While I'm here, and speaking of concept art, does anyone happen to know of any Rampage/Skipjack art from RoTF? I've only ever seen one of him - and it was in a photo of a poster thing at an Australian event, so it's too small to be useful. Anyone?? :) Any official, or just plain good art of him would be most welcome. :D PMs to keep this thread on topic?
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1251889)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on July 3rd, 2011 @ 2:41pm CDT
That last one reminds me of Blackarchania.
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1251895)
Posted by OlivusPrime on July 3rd, 2011 @ 3:02pm CDT
Dreadwind... Worksheet... Warpath... Steeljaw... Undermine... man, they really went through the names during DOTM's production. I'm delighted with the names for the final characters, but I have to admit that Dreadwind, Hooligan and Dirtbag sound cooler than Crankcase, Crowbar and Hatchet.

Here's hoping for two more Dread deluxes!
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1252373)
Posted by EssThree on July 4th, 2011 @ 10:04am CDT
Wowzers. Those are some fancy designs! Think I'll be getting the finger out and seeing the movie this week for sure :D
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254409)
Posted by El Duque on July 7th, 2011 @ 1:49pm CDT
ConceptArtWorld has posted a gallery of Wesley Burt's concept art from Transformers Dark of the Moon. We get to see some different takes on the Driller, Optimus Prime's trailer armor upgrades, Que, Laserbeak, and various other conceptual designs. A few have been mirrored below, click here to view the rest.

Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254432)
Posted by Sidearm on July 7th, 2011 @ 2:14pm CDT
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254434)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on July 7th, 2011 @ 2:17pm CDT
i hate all of those except the optimus prime with trailer stealth force mode and that was good, not awesome just good, possibly a fine.

but the most important thing is i REALLY DISPISE ALL THE PICS except the one i said i was fine with.
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254436)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on July 7th, 2011 @ 2:18pm CDT
The Battle Cruiser kind of looks like HA Backfire's gun mode.
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254443)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 7th, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
I like it, but not as impressive as Josh Nizzi's, and the others.
BTW, I don't know why I like Igor so much. He's so awesome (maybe because I like Long Haul a lot :???: ).
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254459)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 7th, 2011 @ 2:41pm CDT
I like how Que looks with the coat and dinged-up white paint scheme. Wish they had kept that.

I wonder what Igor is supposed to be. He's largely made of Long Haul's head, so is he actually Long Haul (Headmaster?), or did Megatron use parts of dead Cons to make new ones, or something else?

I'm not fond of many of those trailer combos, but I do like this hover-bike thing:
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254463)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 7th, 2011 @ 2:48pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:

Well, from reading comics, and TFwiki.net, it seems like Igor is made from Long Haul and some other guys. if you notice, his legs don't really look legs in the film. So, much consideration from that, I think he's made from A* long haul.

there's a lot of long haul clones out there!
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254495)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:31pm CDT
Some of these concepts are better than the movie. The last wing attachment for Prime looks way better than the movie one, and they went from all those good looking Laserbeak concepts to what we saw in the movie? talk about bad decision making. I get it though, they probably wanted it to look as far away from human as possible... doesn't mean it had to be so ugly though, jeese. :lol:
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254501)
Posted by OlivusPrime on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:46pm CDT
Sidearm wrote:These look very nice.Undermine would have been a much better name for Igor.Too bad he wasn't called that. :BANG_HEAD:

This. If they make a Legends toy, I'll just call him Undermine. It sounds a lot more like a Transformers name.
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254529)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:24pm CDT

Eh I don't know, I kinda like Igor better, but that design itself is awesome.
I hope if they make a Leader Megatron, he comes with an Igor/Undermine instead of a Mechtech...
[quote]It sounds a lot more like a Transformers name. [/quote]
True, Undermine is more...TransFormery.
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254534)
Posted by furryCuds1z on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:30pm CDT
I didn't see a lot of these in the movie. I like seeing the concept art it makes you realize the amount of work that are put into making these blockbuster movies.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lets Rock Elmo and Rock Star Mickey would rock and kids' world.
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254629)
Posted by prowl123 on July 7th, 2011 @ 7:45pm CDT
The gunship looks pretty cool.
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254736)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 8th, 2011 @ 12:09am CDT
zenosaurus_x wrote:

Eh I don't know, I kinda like Igor better, but that design itself is awesome.
[quote]It sounds a lot more like a Transformers name.

True, Undermine is more...TransFormery.[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhwlcVA ... re=related
BEHOLD THE UNDERMINER!!!
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1254737)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 8th, 2011 @ 12:10am CDT
zenosaurus_x wrote:

Eh I don't know, I kinda like Igor better, but that design itself is awesome.
[quote]It sounds a lot more like a Transformers name.

True, Undermine is more...TransFormery.[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhwlcVA ... re=related
BEHOLD THE UNDERMINER!!! :lol: :lol:
More like the Incredibles.
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1255241)
Posted by trence5 on July 8th, 2011 @ 6:45pm CDT

Gundam Optimus Prime
Re: Aaron Sims Transformers DOTM Concept Art (1260283)
Posted by El Duque on July 16th, 2011 @ 11:41am CDT
Massive Black, Inc. has posted more Transformers Dark of the Moon concept art. We get to see several different weapon systems for Optimus Prime including a giant chainsaw, beam rifle/shot gun, and dual shoulder mounted missile pods. We also get to see more alternate designs for the Driller and Laserbeak. We've mirrored a few below, but there's a lot more to see by clicking here.

Ending Soon On eBay

The Transformers G1 Evil Decepticon Triple Changer Octane Reissue Action Figures - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 15 minutes 19 seconds
2007 Hasbro Transformers Movie Leader Class Deep Desert Brawl Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 52 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers custom wire Frenzy based on 2007 movie wire sculpture - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 7 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager - Brainstorm Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 41 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW 30th Anniversary Deluxe Class Armada Starscream New - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 32 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers G1 reissue BOX + BUBBLE INSERT STARSCREAM anime 09 takara empty - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 34 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Ultra Class Wing Saber - 2005 Hasbro Rare & Brand New! - Time Remaining: 4 days 41 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers PRIME FIRST EDITION OPTIMUS PRIME VS. MEGATRON  FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 23 minutes
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents