Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)

Transformers News: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 10:43AM CDT

Categories: Game News, Press Releases, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 96,344

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)
Just moments ago, we received the following information from Activision regarding the upcoming Transformers Prime game for the Wii U.

TRANSFORMERS PRIME(TM) Wii U(TM) FACT SHEET

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

Based on the smash hit, award-winning animated television show produced by Hasbro Studios on The Hub Network, TRANSFORMERS PRIME lets fans play as their favorite AUTOBOT characters and embark on an action-packed adventure to save the earth from the evil MEGATRON and his new secret weapon. In the single player campaign, players will step into the roles of OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, ARCEE, AUTOBOT RATCHET and BULKHEAD as they explore unique vistas all around the world with brawler-style combat and diverse driving sequences. Along the way, gamers cultivate friendships with Jack, Miko and Raf - the human characters from the show - as TEAM PRIME sets out to protect mankind and eliminate the DECEPTICONS once and for all. The game also features intense multiplayer modes that allow fans to choose from 11 different TRANSFORMERS characters from both factions.

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)

KEY FEATURES:

* Interact with TRANSFORMERS characters like never before - Designed for the unique interactivity of the Wii U(TM), the game allows fans to tilt their gamepad to steer BUMBLEBEE through a collapsing canyon, upgrade OPTIMUS PRIME’s combat abilities through their gamepad touchscreens, and more.

* Epic TRANSFORMERS Gameplay in HD - The game utilizes the power of the Wii U, featuring dazzling visuals in 1080p resolution with authentic character models straight from Polygon Pictures, Inc., the Japanese CG animation studio for the TV show.

* Jump Straight into the Action - With the humanity on the brink of survival, players will fight through heroic battles in a huge variety of 3rd person action brawling, shooting, driving and melee combat, all the while wielding the power to change form and power up each AUTOBOT with unique weapons and special abilities.

* Play as Iconic and Fan-Favorite Characters - Fans will get to play as all their favorite characters from the show including OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, ARCEE and more to defeat MEGATRON, STARSCREAM, THUNDERWING and the DECEPTICON army.

* Explore a Brand New Storyline to Continue the Saga - The game centers around an epic campaign with original story set directly within the TRANSFORMERS PRIME universe, allowing players to forge close relationships with the humans Jack, Miko and Raf and embark on a journey to exotic locales such as Greece, South America and even outer space.

* Challenge Your Friends and Test Your TRANSFORMERS skills - Players can choose from 11 different playable characters from both the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS factions to compete with or against their friends in adrenaline-pumping modes such as Brawl, Battle for Energon and Emblem Match.

Publisher: Activision Publishing, Inc.
Developer: Now Production Co., Ltd.
Release Date: November 13, 2012
ESRB Rating: "E10+" (Everyone 10 and older - Fantasy Violence)
Suggested Retail Price: $49.99

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)

Here are some screenshots that Activision provided us. One word should sum up these images ... THUNDERWING!

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)
Bumblebee versus Vehicons!

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)
Bumblebee in vehicle mode versus Dreadwing

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)
Arcee battling an Insecticon

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)
Arcee battling Insecticons

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)
Optimus Prime sans face shield

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)
Thunderwing revealed!

Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!)
Optimus Prime versus Thunderwing
Credit(s): Activision

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419727)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 13th, 2012 @ 10:52am CDT
Oh snap, Thunderwing! And he's HUUUUUUGE!!
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419728)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 13th, 2012 @ 10:54am CDT

What IS cool, is that Dreadwing must be in their, piloting him! I can see the 3rd parties, drooling! :twisted:
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419738)
Posted by Hypershock on September 13th, 2012 @ 11:09am CDT
Holy s*%#! Thunderwing is frickin massive! He looks like dreadwing plus megatron though
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419739)
Posted by leokearon on September 13th, 2012 @ 11:09am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:This will probably be one of those games you pick up and play through once, had a bit of fun, and never play again. It shows promise, I'll give it that much. But I'm not holding my breath.

Since is a tie-in it will probably be rushed with Thunderwing being the only thing of note, still if Thunderwing was don't like a mech-suit and done as a Cyberverse vehicle/playset, I wouldn't complain
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419760)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on September 13th, 2012 @ 11:53am CDT
i can only speculate three things:
a.this game sucks
b. this game is ok
c. nintendo lied when they said that the WiiU would be more powerful than
the ps3/360 OR this game has been rushed, BADLY.
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419774)
Posted by mattwhite924 on September 13th, 2012 @ 12:19pm CDT
starwarrior1227 wrote:i can only speculate three things:
a.this game sucks
b. this game is ok
c. nintendo lied when they said that the WiiU would be more powerful than
the ps3/360 OR this game has been rushed, BADLY.

I bet they took the Wii version and just threw some better textures on it. Probably trying to get the game out for launch window.
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419778)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 13th, 2012 @ 12:28pm CDT
Hey Thunderwing! Why you make think you were Thundertron? :-x
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419794)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 13th, 2012 @ 1:06pm CDT
I'll happily buy a Wii U and this game when it comes out!

I don't get the comment about dreadwing piloting Thunderwing. Does it say he does somewhere and I missed it? :???:
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419799)
Posted by dedcat on September 13th, 2012 @ 1:19pm CDT
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419801)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 13th, 2012 @ 1:23pm CDT
I'm...really not impressed with those graphics.

I just received the emails from Nintendo and GameStop heralding the WiiU and read up on it. Sounds all fancy schmancy for $299-349.99, right? I wasn't impressed, really.

And now, I'm really not impressed. I don't know if they rushed the game, or if that's the console's limitations, or what, but that just doesn't look great. I mean, I've seen better graphics on Android. I have N.O.V.A. 3 and the graphics blow this game out of the water.

I paid $.99 for it. This is $40-50.00!

PASS.

If this is due to the console's limitations, I'm honestly surprised. It has a Radeon GPU in it. I'm usually not swayed to Nvidia or AMD/ATi, but AMD has fully impressed me with the APU in my laptop. A $400.00 laptop capable of playing the Batman Arkham series on medium to high settings... A laptop. Yeah.

So, I'm more than a little stunned that an AMD GPU would look this bad. It has to be the design of the game, or the WiiU sucks in other departments.
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419819)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2012 @ 1:46pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Oh snap, Thunderwing! And he's HUUUUUUGE!!
My thoughts exactly. :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419823)
Posted by XDMan on September 13th, 2012 @ 1:52pm CDT
Looks like Thunderwing will be the final boss!

Wii U FTW! (Hopefully ;) )
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419830)
Posted by Ballistic90 on September 13th, 2012 @ 2:07pm CDT
This looks like a crappy, quick port from the Wii/3DS version. The character models aren't very detailed, but there's minor improvements to the textures, and some easy lighting effects thrown in. Judging by how other WiiU titles look, this game was a last minute decision. Can't say much about the gameplay, though. That might have been decent already, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419831)
Posted by Ballistic90 on September 13th, 2012 @ 2:10pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I'm...really not impressed with those graphics.

I paid $.99 for it. This is $40-50.00!

PASS.

Compare NOVA 3 to COD Black Ops, then, or Assassins creed 3. This game in specific looks more like a money grab. But if you prefer to dump on a console based on a single port, then go ahead.
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419832)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 13th, 2012 @ 2:27pm CDT
While I do agree that the graphics look like shit to me, it won't stop me from buying this game. I want to see how Prime crosses from Season 2 to 3 with the Rage of Dinobots and this. :twisted:
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419835)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 13th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CDT
Ballistic90 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I'm...really not impressed with those graphics.

I paid $.99 for it. This is $40-50.00!

PASS.

It probably is a money grab, but I also dump on the console because I had a Wii. It turned out to be rather terrible. I don't regret getting rid of it. I pulled my GameCube out of storage and I've been happy with it. (Only thing about the Wii I miss is the component video connection. The GC doesn't have it unless you pay $80-125.00 for an import cable from Japan.) I realize this has full HD graphics (1080p) and just one game will not a console make, but after being burned by the Wii, seeing this game and knowing that PC gaming usually outclasses consoles in terms of graphics, I have every reason to knock the unit.

And Activision.
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419838)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 13th, 2012 @ 2:42pm CDT

dedcat wrote:Ratchet looks deep in thought. Probably trying to figure out where his nose went.

I tried not to laugh at this. I tried so hard. But I just couldn't help but to laugh out loud upon looking at ratchet again.

And It was me who said it looked like it would be Dreadwing Piloting it. I thought for some reason that the little dude inside the Thunderwing pretender shell was named Dreadwing. I dont know were I picked that up, honestly.
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419851)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 13th, 2012 @ 3:03pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:Do i really need to cement my point again about a good game not needing good graphics? PC owners who bash consoles always come off as snobbish and entitled. Bashing the Wii U is a bit dumb. seeing as how nobody here actually has one because it's not yet been released. TF Prime looks like a lazy port, but dont bash the system because of it.

Optimus Prime: "What the hell is breathing down my neck? Is someone behind me?"

Megatron: "There's another me in jet mode coming out of my eye? There is no other command but mine!"

Starscream: "Makeshift! You fool!"

Soundwave: "..."

Bulkhead: "Tee-hee. You'll never guess what I did last night. :D "

Ratchet: (obviously) "The f*** is my nose?"

Bumblebee: "BUY MY ****ING TOY ****ING ****! ****!!!"

Arcee: " :shock: You'll never guess what happened to me last night. :shock: "

;)
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419854)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 13th, 2012 @ 3:10pm CDT
Gunna make my response short and choppy;

Thunderwing toy please.

Looks okay-ish, but FOC beats it clear out of the water just like it does Halo: Reach.
Re: Activision's Wii U Transformers Prime Assets (includes Thunderwing reveal!) (1419879)
Posted by RazorSlash92 on September 13th, 2012 @ 4:14pm CDT
Probably just gonna go with the 3DS version. Mainly because I'll never shell money on the Wii-U, that looks absolutely awful to me.

Ending Soon On eBay

Dead End Unicron Armada Minicon Transformers Free Ship - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 49 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Armada 6 Mini-cons (2 Pack)Jetstorm Runway Sonar Oceanglide  MOSC - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 52 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Takara Tomy MP-29 Laserwave Shockwave New US Seller - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 8 minutes 21 seconds
DREADWING w/ IDW COMIC - TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FOC DELUXE FIGURE - NEW - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 53 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers #1 (1984)_CGC 9.6 SS_Signed by Cullen (Optimus) Gilzean (Bumblebee) - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 38 minutes 45 seconds
1984 Transformers - CLIFFJUMPER - G1 Autobot - Hasbro 100% Complete Yellow - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 24 minutes 22 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP 19 MP19 Smokescreen Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 10 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Generations Legends Megatron Chop Shop Loose Complete 30th idw - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 47 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory