Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon

Transformers News: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 4:02PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,625

It looks like site sponsor Robotkingdom has found time to free Takara's Transformers Prime AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon from package prisons and post some nice images of the pair. Both are slated to start shipping on July 28th. Enjoy the mirrored images below.

Credit(s): Robotkingdom
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404157)
Posted by paul053 on July 25th, 2012 @ 4:12pm CDT
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404160)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 25th, 2012 @ 4:23pm CDT
paul053 wrote:Why do I think the jet Vehicon looks really bad? Ignoring the alt mode, the robot mode looks terrible comparing to the car Vehicon. Lots of kibbles and the elbow and wrist joints are really bad.

The elbow and wrist joints are the exact same(besides color) on the two figures, it's the same base mold.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404162)
Posted by xyl360 on July 25th, 2012 @ 4:25pm CDT

The elbow and wrist joints are identical to those on the car Vehicon. The elbows aren't too bad once shave off one side of the ball joint cup so that you can straigten it out more instead of having it cocked out to the side. I did that on my car Vehicon and it looks a lot better. I'll do the same to my Jet Vehicons.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404165)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 25th, 2012 @ 4:28pm CDT
That is a lot of kibble though, I agree..
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404174)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 25th, 2012 @ 4:39pm CDT
Colours on the Jet Vehicon are looking a bit too frooty. :-(
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404212)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 25th, 2012 @ 7:47pm CDT

Not crazy about the alt mode, and he's really kibbly in bot mode. And that purple....
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404214)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 25th, 2012 @ 7:53pm CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Why does the car Vehicon get a thruster in the rear of his alt mode, but the Jet Vehicon doesn't? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

That's a Micron port, not a thruster. It's so you can store a Micron on his back in 'Bot mode.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404224)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 25th, 2012 @ 8:46pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:

I think it's a thruster that doubles as a micron port. I have the fig in hand right now, and it's molded to look exactly like a thruster.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404233)
Posted by craggy on July 25th, 2012 @ 9:47pm CDT
Darkness Megatron. He believes in a thing called love. And inspires it with his shininess and his purple gummy wing/scythe. Very nice.

Jet Vehicon, not so nice. But not bad. Mostly in James Bond's car mode.

The AMW toys are looking great. Can't wait for these to ship.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404250)
Posted by Ghost Starscream on July 25th, 2012 @ 11:36pm CDT
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404251)
Posted by Gearslide on July 25th, 2012 @ 11:41pm CDT
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404255)
Posted by RAcast on July 26th, 2012 @ 12:03am CDT
Gearslide wrote:Everyone's whining about Jet Vehicon's alt mode, but the darn thing is practically spot on with his show counterpart! Take a look at this picture someone on TFW2005 posted:

It seems like most of the complaining is about the back kibble. But being the remold (albeit an extensive one) that it is, it doesn't surprise me that they weren't able to integrate the wings well into robot mode.

But let's be honest here, it's now a jet-former, and most jet-formers do have wing-kibble; so I'm just gonna sit over here and say it looks awesome...though the color choice is a bit odd.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404260)
Posted by Gearslide on July 26th, 2012 @ 12:11am CDT
RAcast wrote:

I agree about the odd color. But, having differing shades of purple makes the two Vehicons look less generic. Who knows? Maybe they'll make a boat Vehicon in the show and his toy will be colored Lavender. We haven't gotten Decepticon Miners either (those Maroon/red Vehicons with double visors).

The robot mode is really striking me as odd in these pictures. I feel like whoever took the pictures neglected to flip his wings around or something. I mean, take a look at this previous picture that Takara took:

It clearly shows that the pointy wing tips go upward, not down like we see here. Could just be a case of mistransformation...

EDIT: Actually, it's DEFINITELY a case of mistransformation. The shot of his back proves it. Take a look at this picture I just drew on:

There's an obvious hinge where I placed the "1" in the picture. The entire rigging ("2" in the picture), including the wings, should fold up, along that hinge. Then the rear plate ("3"), which you pull up to reveal his head, should fold down over the rigging to cover the hinge!
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404270)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 26th, 2012 @ 1:19am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Jet Vehicon looks good, although I'm not so sure about the alt mode. Not sure if there are any clear scenes of the jets in the show, but I don't recall them looking like winged cars, either.
Here's a decent shot:

Thanks for the pic! As long as he's screen-accurate, I'm cool with it.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404271)
Posted by xyl360 on July 26th, 2012 @ 1:44am CDT
Ghost Starscream wrote:No one is ever satisfied, are they? I like the look of Jet Vehicon.Makes me want to order another.

I ordered 3, couldn't help myself :P. So now I'll have 3 of each type. One Hasbro car Vehicon, one Takara AM car Vehicon, one Takara FE car Vehicon and 3 Takara jet Vehicons.

I'm not sure if I'll get any Hasbro jet Vehicons if/when they come out, I'll have to wait and see how they look. They'll really have to impress me for me to want them.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404371)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:10am CDT
I'm debating on ordering 2 more. Whenever someone takes the jets with them there always seems to be 4 of them, plus it'll balance out(I have 4 of the car ones).
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404430)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 26th, 2012 @ 10:49am CDT
Can't wait to get them.

I actually like how Darkness Megs turned out.

Jet Vehicon looks very good. I have two on preorder.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404439)
Posted by paul053 on July 26th, 2012 @ 11:06am CDT
xyl360 wrote:

Ah! Got it. Haven't opened my car Vehicon yet ( :oops: ) but I will do that when I open it. Thanks for the info.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404641)
Posted by xyl360 on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:04pm CDT
paul053 wrote:
xyl360 wrote:

You're welcome :). Just be careful not to take out too much of the socket's cup/edge, otherwise it won't hold the ball joint in place any more. I did mine by cutting out a small triangular/pie-shaped piece and then gradually/cautiously filed it out to widen it bit by bit with a needle file.
Re: Additional Images: AM-15 Darkness Megatron and AM-16 Jet Vehicon (1404905)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 27th, 2012 @ 6:26pm CDT
Jet Vehicon certainly looks cool, but Meg's is just way to shiny for my liking.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara transformers Beast Wars RHINOX Misb New C-7 - Time Remaining: 8 days 19 hours 21 minutes 48 seconds
New Transformers Masterpiece MP-11 Starscream Takara MISB - Time Remaining: 9 days 6 hours 12 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS STARSCREAM REISSUE TAKARA ENCORE 22 FIGURE ES AQ2014 - Time Remaining: 9 days 13 minutes 19 seconds
TRANSFORMERS SKYWARP & THUNDERCLACKER TAKARA TOMY ENCORE 11 FIGURE ES AQ1957 - Time Remaining: 9 days 10 hours 43 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS JAPANESE BEAST WARS VS-14 TASMANIAN KID VS DIRGE  MISB - Time Remaining: 8 days 19 hours 43 minutes 41 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DEVASTATOR GIFTSET TAKARA ENCORE REISSUE 20 FIGURE ES AQ1774 - Time Remaining: 9 days 11 hours 13 minutes 40 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TOMY ENCORE 01 OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE ES AQ1258 - Time Remaining: 9 days 11 hours 2 minutes 34 seconds
TOMY TRANSFORMERS ENCORE 03 3 SOUNDWAVE FIGURE ES AQ1260 - Time Remaining: 9 days 10 hours 47 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016