Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 3:28PM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,346

Thanks to our own Seibertron.com member 2old4toys and HK-TF user 人仔貓 we both video and additional images of Fewture's recently revealed Ultimetal UM-03 Megatron prototype. Check out the embedded video and images mirrored below.

2old4toys wrote:I saw this UM-03 over the weekend and it was phenominal both in scale and detail.
The UM01 looks too similar to MP01 (testiment to how good that Optimus was). This UM03 is a physical G1 Megatron the likes of which I personally have never seen before. For those hardcore fans with lots of expendible income... this is a very impressive piece. No need to compromise with transformation.

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron

Transformers News: Re: Fewture Announces UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron
Credit(s): 2old4toys, >人仔貓

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron (1558569)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 18th, 2014 @ 3:59pm CDT
It's so pretty. :x
The sculpting on this is just superb.
Re: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron (1558589)
Posted by Zeek99g on March 18th, 2014 @ 5:35pm CDT
The detail! :x :x
It is too much for me! :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron (1558596)
Posted by Henry921 on March 18th, 2014 @ 6:08pm CDT
If I had $800 lying around that would be so very bought.
Re: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron (1558606)
Posted by padfoo on March 18th, 2014 @ 7:21pm CDT
I would buy it for half that price. Eight hundred dollars is a bit much, none the less it's an amazing figure.
Re: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron (1558609)
Posted by Shockwave7 on March 18th, 2014 @ 7:24pm CDT
Sigh... well, I can't deny that I want one of these. But $800? Yowch.
Re: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron (1558610)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 18th, 2014 @ 7:32pm CDT
Ok, I'll say this much for the guys that make this: That is a crazy good job on the detail and the articulation must just be mind-blowing. I can see why they are asking so much. It does look remarkably sturdy/well-built.

I don't know if I would go so far as to pay $800.00 dollars for a non-transforming Transformer myself, even if it is practically museum quality work. And while the detail is mind-blowing... it's just too "busy" Too much detail in my opinion but everyone else is going nuts over it so I'll just chalk that up to my own personal pickiness.
The only major issue I have is that expression. It looks like he's trying to pass an Energon cube...WHOLE! And not some piddly one either, I'm talking the ones Soundwave pumps out of his chest in the G1 cartoon.

Other than that, amazing job! Can't wait to see the full color version.
Re: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron (1558624)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 18th, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
I like him. But not enough to justify the cost. [-(

But if they made Starscream, I would absolutely flip balls. :x
Re: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron (1558677)
Posted by Mykltron on March 19th, 2014 @ 5:06am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:the articulation must just be mind-blowing.

It's not. Unless the shoulders can be pulled out then they have about as much poseability as the MP Megatron. No pictures I've seen of UM-01 show anything more than just standing. Revoltech go all-out on showing off the poseability of their figures but these guys are glossing over that.
Re: Additional Images and Video of Fewture UM-03 Ultimetal Megatron (1558709)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 19th, 2014 @ 9:40am CDT
Mykltron wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:the articulation must just be mind-blowing.

This made me curious, so I'm currently checking some of their previous stuff, and so far, it looks like they use similar shoulder joints to the MP Primes.
But it seems like they only go that route if it doesn't "break" the look of the design. There are robots there that can only raise their arms as high as Megatron in these pics here while there are others that are more organic in design who allow for greater freedom. So it seems to be decided upon what the limit is till it stops looking cool.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus