Transformers News: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 9:12AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,041

The HKGTF facebook page has shared more images of the Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Thundertron and Ultra Magnus. Enjoy the images mirrored below, hopefully these two will show up a domestic retail sooner than later.

Re: In-Package Images Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron

Credit(s): daimchoc, HKGTF

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420771)
Posted by RhA on September 16th, 2012 @ 9:16am CDT

Pass-a-roni!
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420774)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 16th, 2012 @ 9:37am CDT
Total pass on Thundertron, an awesome name for a lame-ass looking TF. They should change his name to "Old-Man-Winter" with that mug. So with all the blue paint found on UM especially in bot mode he screams to be made an example of by our friends at "Reprolabels". I think even for a character (correct if wrong) that's not in the show they can no doubt help this TF fav look much better. As usual I'm very curious to see what the Takara version will look like with variations and stickers to apply. :VEHI:
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420776)
Posted by Che on September 16th, 2012 @ 9:43am CDT
RhA wrote:With all those balljoints and heavy weapons, combined with the overall quality these days I see a floppy, floppy future for these.

Exactly! This widespread use of balljoints with thinner (cheaper?) plastic even in voyager figures is the main reason that is keeping me away from this line... I usually don't have nostalgia, but these days only old lines are grabbing my attention...
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420782)
Posted by No One in Particular on September 16th, 2012 @ 10:01am CDT
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420783)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 16th, 2012 @ 10:06am CDT
Che wrote:

It's not that bad, you guys. I have Voyager Megatron, who has ball joints in the shoulders and hips, and both sets are tight.
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420785)
Posted by RhA on September 16th, 2012 @ 10:23am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Che wrote:

My Megs can't hold a pose with any limb. He can stand op. With effort.
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420786)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 16th, 2012 @ 10:27am CDT
i wonder when they will repaint him as leo prime
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420787)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 16th, 2012 @ 10:27am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:i wonder when they will repaint him as leo prime

TakaraTomy will, for their Arms Micron line.
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420793)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 16th, 2012 @ 10:58am CDT
And this is me hiding a concern behind a joke

Also, am I the only one? Every time I see Thundertron, all I can hear is "DIGIMON, DIGITAL MONSTERS" :lol:
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420813)
Posted by RAcast on September 16th, 2012 @ 11:42am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:Don't worry about the ball joints guys, the voyagers are getting so small that it wont matter. :P
And this is me hiding a concern behind a joke

While I see where you're coming from, it still just makes me think of Liger Zero. :P
Imperialdramon, yes?
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420820)
Posted by craggy on September 16th, 2012 @ 12:09pm CDT
really like Thundertron. Going to have to find a better weapon for him though, and possibly lose that one in a box somewhere.
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420831)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 16th, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Imperialdramon, yes?

Dear Kitbashers, make my dreams come true.
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420835)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 16th, 2012 @ 1:11pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
And this is me hiding a concern behind a joke

Imperialdramon, yes?
He's even got Paladin Mode's colors. ;)

BTW, that series' thread has been updated.
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420843)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 16th, 2012 @ 1:57pm CDT
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420844)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 16th, 2012 @ 2:01pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:So we have full confirmation that Ultra Magnus' hammer locks. I find it funny that out of all the Voyagers thus far he got the nod to have a locking weapon. I wonder why he was chosen like that.
Looks like Thundertron's sword locks into place too.
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420849)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 16th, 2012 @ 2:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Looks like Thundertron's sword locks into place too.

Because they were too stupid to think of doing this sooner. :roll:
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420851)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on September 16th, 2012 @ 2:22pm CDT
And suddenly Ultra Magnus looks better than Thundertron. I'm liking the way his gun looks when not in hammer mode. Might just pass on Thundertron, he looks kind of boring, and lacking in the fun poses in beast mode. Awaiting the video reviews...
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420852)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 16th, 2012 @ 2:34pm CDT
No One in Particular wrote:The first thing that came to mind when I saw Thundertron's face was the Flying Dutchman from the Pirates movies.

Yep, same here. Sweet claw-fists, too. 8) But I'll likely pass, Beastformers don't normally do much for me.

Ultra Magnus, yes! I'm loving the hammer gun too.
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420867)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 16th, 2012 @ 3:22pm CDT
Thought i'd be more excited over Thundertron. Nice detailing on him though.

That's a decent Magnus i have to admit but it's a pass for me.
Re: Additional Images of Transformers Prime Wave 4 Voyagers Ultra Magnus & Thundertron (1420884)
Posted by Heckfire on September 16th, 2012 @ 4:12pm CDT