Transformers News: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 8:45AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 109,372

As a follow up to yesterday's Transformers Prime Cyberverse Abominus combined news we have a few additional images of the individual Terrorcons. The first set comes to us from ACToys, and shows the team off individually in both modes plus another combined image with Cyberverse Commander Predaking. The second set, which comes to us from the Hobbybase facebook page, features the the newly released members, Blight, Windrazor, and Rippersnapper individually and in-package. Images mirrored below.

Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined

Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined

Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined

Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined

Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined

Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined
Credit(s): ACToys, Hobbybase

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479598)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 16th, 2013 @ 8:57am CDT
cant wait to have all of these guys
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479599)
Posted by Nyancatron on April 16th, 2013 @ 8:58am CDT
RAcast wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Sinnertwin wrote:Yes, hate away people, it'll make it easier for me to acquire all the parts i need.

HA like they aren't going to buy them.

True, true. If there's one thing that I've learned about this fandom (and which perplexes me ENTIRELY), it's that people will rampantly hate on things, then buy it, then will often have an ENTIRELY different opinion. :lol: The implication being of course, that they didn't really hate the design to begin with. ;)

Those are usually just the sugar-rush posters still caught in the "collect'em all" phase of collecting.
The rest of us try to stay away from posting on fan messageboards as much as possible, keeping our wallets even tighter closed.

But this thing is so... ugh. I really do get that post-G1 movie feeling seeing this. It's like it's the late 80s again, and I'm in Woolworths looking at Monstercons that they just can't sell because they look ridiculous.

What "looks cool" on this combiner?
That's the question that only "claws instead of hands?" seems to be able to say so far.

So as a combiner... what looks cool about it?
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479600)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 16th, 2013 @ 8:59am CDT
Blot is quickly becoming my favorite. Cutthroat, not so much. >:oP
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479601)
Posted by Megazarak on April 16th, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
This is a great little group. Excited to get them all. Even without their combined form they're all pretty cool, and with it just makes it more exciting.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479602)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 16th, 2013 @ 9:13am CDT
So do we know for sure the Target gift set will be a different color scheme, or are we just assuming? If that was already cleared up, I missed it.

I agree that this thing is a mess, even by the standards of gestalts with claw hands, but the Terrorcons hold a special place in my heart as the last G1 combiner team I found at retail, in 1990 no less, and I love smallish combiners, so I'll just buy any damn repaint of this whole team. Monstructor, Dinoking, Monstrous, whatever makes even the least little sense.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479603)
Posted by rpetras on April 16th, 2013 @ 9:36am CDT
Don't get me wrong.
I don't hate this, I just wish it had a larger figure for the central bot.

As a matter of fact, I'll probably be buying 2 as my kid will dig this A LOT.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479605)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 16th, 2013 @ 9:53am CDT
Nyancatron wrote:So as a combiner... what looks cool about it?
Five demonic robotic monster merged into one even more unholy, terrifying, monstrous machination of death and destruction. :twisted: 8) :KREMZEEK:
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479635)
Posted by Zeedust on April 16th, 2013 @ 1:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Nyancatron wrote:So as a combiner... what looks cool about it?

They're not just monsters... They're ABOMINATIONS! :D
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479649)
Posted by shockwave13 on April 16th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
[quote]The first set comes to us from ACToys, and shows the team off individually in both modes plus another combined image with Cyberverse Commander Predaking[/quote]

Me thoughts they formed Abominus? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479650)
Posted by Nyancatron on April 16th, 2013 @ 3:07pm CDT
shockwave13 wrote:[quote]The first set comes to us from ACToys, and shows the team off individually in both modes plus another combined image with Cyberverse Commander Predaking

Me thoughts they formed Abominus? :BANG_HEAD:[/quote]

The brightly colored ones make the sinfully ugly Abominus... thing.

The dark one with orange on him is Predaking. Though, not the G1 Predaking who was also a combiner. He's not part of their set, just there for the hell of it in the pic.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479651)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 16th, 2013 @ 3:16pm CDT
Nyancatron wrote:The brightly colored ones make the sinfully ugly Abominus... thing.
"sinfully ugly" is a rather appropriate description for any guy named "Abominus" (except the SG guy, since his name's meant to be ironic). ;)

It's also probably intentional given how he and his components are supposed to be, you know, abominable. :P
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479657)
Posted by RAcast on April 16th, 2013 @ 3:40pm CDT

So you love it? How glad I am to hear that! That's a compliment of the highest caliber!
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479663)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 16th, 2013 @ 4:08pm CDT
RAcast wrote:

Indeed. If any of these toys looked as friendly and inviting as the G1 Terrorcon toys did, it would be a tremendous shame. ;)
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479664)
Posted by Zeedust on April 16th, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:

More organic, less boxy! Like a monster should be!
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479665)
Posted by RAcast on April 16th, 2013 @ 4:23pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:

More organic, less boxy! Like a monster should be!

They look pretty organic to me, certainly moreso than the G1 Terrorcons, while still looking like them. And of course they're going to be a -little- angular, they're robots!

You be troooollin'? :lol: (I kid!)
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479666)
Posted by Zeedust on April 16th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:

More organic, less boxy! Like a monster should be!

You be troooollin'? :lol: (I kid!)

What I meant was that they ARE more organic and less boxy compared to their G1 counterparts, and that this pleases me greatly. I suppose I could have been clearer about that.
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479669)
Posted by RAcast on April 16th, 2013 @ 4:48pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:

More organic, less boxy! Like a monster should be!

You be troooollin'? :lol: (I kid!)

Ahh, gotcha gotcha. :) Ya just can't express inflection over the internet. :lol:
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479674)
Posted by craggy on April 16th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT
I really like it. The redesign makes sense for the characters as well as being cheaper to produce. I've a soft spot for the Terrorcons being the the only G1 team I ever completed. Made a couple of other Scrambled combiners but that's not the same.

The new animal modes look awesome for all of them. Cutthroat's maybe a bit skinny, but he looks like a pirate bird now, and that's cool. The robots of all of them seem to have a little more character this time around. It's a wonder what proper limbs can do. I even mostly like the changes to Hun-Grr. Shame he's not the level of quality compared to the original, which at the time was one of the best toys around, but this guy seems very good for his size-class.

Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479675)
Posted by Superwheeljack on April 16th, 2013 @ 5:40pm CDT
Dear God, this thing looks terribe! Hasbro was doing so good.... :BANG_HEAD:
Oh well, another reason why I hate Cyberverse
Always have, alway's will
Re: Additional In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Terrorcons (1479678)
Posted by RAcast on April 16th, 2013 @ 5:58pm CDT
craggy wrote:Since the retail release is pretty much G1 accurate colour-wise, I'd love a very different, unified look for the gift-set. Dark Energon versions or something? Terrorcon Predacons in the style of translucent purple Cliffjumper.

That's what I've been thinking myself, though they could certainly surprise us! Another possibility I've mentioned before would be a redeco as Monstructor? I'd very much welcome that!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age of Extinction Voyager Class Evasion Mode Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 59 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise 3-Step Changers Night Ops Bumblebee Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 59 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers G1 - Sunstreaker - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 52 minutes 32 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks from Japan - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 21 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G1 1987 OVERBITE 100% complete piranacon - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 18 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure Playset Brand New Toys - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 39 minutes 36 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure Playset Brand New Toys - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 32 minutes 1 second
Takara Transformers Car Robots D-012 Scourge Nemesis Prime Optimus figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 37 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents