Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime

Friday, November 18th, 2011 9:26AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 63,609

Japanese toy blogger Alfes 2010 has uploaded a couple of additional galleries of Takara's DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime. These images offer looks at the packaging, and much more extensive views of the figure's new weapons. The full galleries can be viewed here and here.

Credit(s): Alfes 2010

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314082)
Posted by ClockWorkMecha on November 18th, 2011 @ 10:09am CST
I actually wanted this prime along with Jet Wing but this not releasing it over here business is getting god damned ridiculous. :evil: I want this but I'm having a super hard time justifying paying through the nose for it considering I have three movie verse OP's currently.

That said, I also like the look of the darker plastic, it gives OP a bit more of a realistic feel other than that super crappy gray they are using the hell out of on everything else in this current line. In his alt mode, he looks like he has road grit from a long haul and it actually improves his look IMO, especially since you don't see super clean tractor/trailers all over the place.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314090)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 18th, 2011 @ 10:47am CST
I chose to skip most of the posts but will this thing come with the blade as shown in the one pic? :VEHI:
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314110)
Posted by rpetras on November 18th, 2011 @ 11:38am CST
I like this, but I wish they would release similar upgrades for the Voyager mold ... the good voyager mold I mean. ;)
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314138)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 18th, 2011 @ 12:38pm CST
This set of pics sold me on it. Luckily, I managed to get one with the bonus Battle blades set before it was too late.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314139)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 18th, 2011 @ 12:48pm CST
Just got the shipping notice from BBTS for This guy, but I probably won't ship him until some of my December stuff comes into stock, included the Japan Exclusive Blades.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314140)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 18th, 2011 @ 12:52pm CST
Also, Just to make it clear, the sword in the pic is from the DMK Dual Optimus Kit. The Battle blades haven't gotten a clear picture of, but they are made to look as they are in the movies, literally being in place of the hands.

now we just need a 3rd Party to make the Energon Axe from DOTM to fight Sentinel and eventually have a Dead Megatron head with slit inti to fit the axe!
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314198)
Posted by Kibble on November 18th, 2011 @ 3:53pm CST
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314199)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 18th, 2011 @ 3:53pm CST
Damnit, Hasbro! Why can't you release something as cool as this!?
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314214)
Posted by DMSL on November 18th, 2011 @ 4:27pm CST
This figure looks great, but i still prefer my Buster Prime over this one.

Maybe if they had bothered to paint the grey parts silver or chrome some of it i would be inclined to buy it. As it is now i'll gladly pass.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314218)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on November 18th, 2011 @ 4:40pm CST
Only issue I have with the grey plastics (in this case anyway) is that since they've 'dirtied up' the tyres too (obviously supposed to be black), the wheels are nearly the same colour as some of the (previously) 'metallic' pieces...Ah well; still want it!
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314219)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 18th, 2011 @ 4:56pm CST
Kibble wrote:Whether you prefer the lighter or darker plastic, is it not safe to say the use of BOTH looks like shit?

Absolutely agreed. I don't get their motivation here. This is just...stupid.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314227)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 18th, 2011 @ 5:14pm CST
While I really like the new abdomen design, those paint apps are so far below par for Takara it's not funny. Glad I didn't bother with this.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314244)
Posted by Cyberseven on November 18th, 2011 @ 6:12pm CST
Some may love it, and some may hate it, but either way mine is on it's way, and is going to be sweet with my Original Buster Prime, and Old ROTF Jet Fire... :BOT:
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314249)
Posted by Turell on November 18th, 2011 @ 6:29pm CST
I was kinda tempted until i realised it didn't have the buster mold fuel tanks (and the silver abs clash with the grey body). Seems like a step backwards to me, the shield and guns are nice but i feel my money would be better spent towards the DMK or MP-10.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314256)
Posted by prowl123 on November 18th, 2011 @ 7:03pm CST
:BOOM: Triple-Changer my ass :BOOM:
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314302)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 18th, 2011 @ 9:49pm CST
I think it looks fun, especially the two guns. But, unless otherwised "counterpunched," I'm trying to pass on it.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314316)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 18th, 2011 @ 10:24pm CST
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314319)
Posted by El Duque on November 18th, 2011 @ 10:33pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Does he come with that sword? Also is this the Buster mold with the removable canisters that become a cannon?

Definite no on the sword, not too sure about the tanks.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314331)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 18th, 2011 @ 11:22pm CST
El Duque wrote:

Definite no on the sword, not too sure about the tanks.

The tanks do not transform. This is ROTF Leader Optimus with mold modifications, not Buster Optimus, unfortunately.
Re: Additional Looks at Transformers DSM DA-28 Striker Optimus Prime (1314336)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 18th, 2011 @ 11:35pm CST
Uh, this is the DOTM leader figure, instead of the tanks turning into the gun he used in ROTF, they turn into the shot gun he uses when they arrive in Chicago.
This is the accurate DOTM figure.

Buster prime is a ROTF figure, because the buster cannon was used the most in it.